I Keep Getting Shot by Friendlies

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14 replies to this topic

Jihad_Central #1 Posted Jul 16 2011 - 04:07

Private

• Players
  • 1423 battles
My first two games ever, I got blown up by a "friendly" tank at the starting area.  It completely sucked.  If it wasn't for the fact that my brother already plays and told me it gets a little better, I would've quit already.

I haven't played many more games since then where a tank on my side has started killing off teammates.  But it seems that every game or two there's some jerk who "accidentally" puts a round in the back of a couple tanks on his team right at the beginning of the game.  Isn't there some way to report this?

Kensei #2 Posted Jul 16 2011 - 04:10

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 6871 battles

View PostJihad_Central, on Jul 16 2011 - 04:07, said:

My first two games ever, I got blown up by a "friendly" tank at the starting area.  It completely sucked.  If it wasn't for the fact that my brother already plays and told me it gets a little better, I would've quit already.

I haven't played many more games since then where a tank on my side has started killing off teammates.  But it seems that every game or two there's some jerk who "accidentally" puts a round in the back of a couple tanks on his team right at the beginning of the game.  Isn't there some way to report this?
It's automatically reported and handled by the team-killing system.

CaptCrusader #3 Posted Jul 16 2011 - 04:13

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 4477 battles
Intentional friendly fire is a rare occurance at the higher levels. Dont take it personally, these are the same 12 year olds who team kill on CoD and Halo, so its just in their nature. Fortunately the game is a little harder to handle for these guys so you see less of them as you move up in rank.

Good luck and have fun!

METAL_BAWKSES #4 Posted Jul 16 2011 - 07:54

Sergeant

• Players
  • 3788 battles
Sounds like a case of bad luck to me.

Given the free nature of WoT, it does tend to attract a fair number of griefers/teamkillers.  However, the devs implemented an automated system that makes players fork over a fair amount of their winnings if they damage friendlies.  If the player keeps doing this, the system will change their name and icon to blue.  This indicates that the player is a known team-killer, and anyone can kill them without any consequences.  Finally the system will outright ban a player if they still insist on intentionally harming teammates.

You just have to deal with it, but at least you have the satisfaction of knowing that they'll get their comeuppance.

Bowser_nl #5 Posted Jul 16 2011 - 10:24

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
This new system isn't exactly perfect though. Yesterday some random idiot in a JP started hitting me because apparently I stole "his" kill. I tried to explain there's no such thing as "your" kill, but he kept attacking trying to kill me. After getting hit several times i turned around and fired back. (the only way i could save myself from getting TKed) Next thing i know I'm the one getting a blue name and got hunted down by my own team.  <_<

BaronJaeger #6 Posted Jul 16 2011 - 11:25

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 2691 battles
Seems like there's always one or two idiots that need to "test fire" their weapon right off the starting line.  That's when I pray for enemy arty to drop a shell right on their head. (ofc more than likely it'll hit me, lol)

Nakiami #7 Posted Jul 16 2011 - 15:23

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 4613 battles

View PostBowser_nl, on Jul 16 2011 - 10:24, said:

This new system isn't exactly perfect though. Yesterday some random idiot in a JP started hitting me because apparently I stole "his" kill. I tried to explain there's no such thing as "your" kill, but he kept attacking trying to kill me. After getting hit several times i turned around and fired back. (the only way i could save myself from getting TKed) Next thing i know I'm the one getting a blue name and got hunted down by my own team.  <_<
Your fault for firing back.

Ceptyr #8 Posted Jul 16 2011 - 15:23

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 15553 battles

After getting hit several times i turned around and fired back. (the only way i could save myself from getting TKed) Next thing i know I'm the one getting a blue name and got hunted down by my own team.  <_<
Never fire back! Who cares if you die once every 500-1000 battles by a team killer? If you get damaged by your own team, you'll get extra credits and experience based on the damage done. And if you shoot him, you start losing xp and credits. Plus, you're being just as bad as him.

stickjock #9 Posted Jul 16 2011 - 16:27

Major

• Players
  • 5345 battles
  • [USBOT] USBOT

As others have said... that was YOUR bad thing then... TK'ing just to keep from getting TK'd??  Tsk, tsk...

Finally ran across a Blue icon in a game last night... middle of the match see he's got a -1 kill listed and his icon had turned blue... kept asking hhim what had happend... no response from him at all so... lit him up like any good Blue TK'r deserves...

Understand the system has it's faults, but if you've accumulated enough points of TK/TeamDamage to turn Blue, you deserve every round that penetrates your tank...  :Smile_honoring:

MrTabs #10 Posted Jul 16 2011 - 16:28

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 11996 battles
  • [ME109] ME109
Maybe it's your name.

T_om #11 Posted Jul 16 2011 - 17:33

Captain

• Players
  • 15521 battles

View PostMrTabs, on Jul 16 2011 - 16:28, said:

Maybe it's your name.

+1

I would not mind taking a shot at him myself.

Tom

SgtGrunt #12 Posted Jul 16 2011 - 18:03

Captain

• Players
  • 11642 battles

View PostMrTabs, on Jul 16 2011 - 16:28, said:

Maybe it's your name.

+1 That's a Huaa!

togo281 #13 Posted Jul 16 2011 - 23:10

Captain

• Players
  • 26052 battles
Friendly fire happens more than people think at all levels. When in sniper mode zoomed into a target, you can't see what's going on around the target. There are many cases where a friendly tanks move in your way when your shooting or when shooting a moving target that moves pass a friendly. Sometimes you can't tell in the enemy tank is in front or behind a friendly tank at long range with a lot of tree coverage. I've seen Artillery take out both friend and foe during close quarter combat with lots of tanks in a small area. Friendly fire is part of war and should be part of the game. Wait until people see what's coming in some future release where tanks can be pushed over cliffs, sink in water or just roll off a hill!

baron_v_v #14 Posted Jul 17 2011 - 06:09

Sergeant

• Players
  • 1235 battles
The other day I was in a game on Himmelsdorf and my team had three AFK guys sitting in our base. Some enemy tanks rolled in and took up positions hiding behind the AFK guys, so we couldn't shoot at them without getting TK points! Infuriating!

MajorPremise #15 Posted Jul 17 2011 - 06:13

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 3414 battles

View Posttogo281, on Jul 16 2011 - 23:10, said:

Wait until people see what's coming in some future release where tanks can be pushed over cliffs, sink in water or just roll off a hill!

Ha! Sink in water? My Sherman Duplex Drive is ready!  :P

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DD_tank

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users