Jump to content


Use Personal Rating to determine tier eligibility


  • Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

GeorgePreddy #21 Posted Mar 05 2016 - 23:25

    Major

  • Players
  • 14345 battles
  • 11,568
  • Member since:
    04-11-2013

View PostR_Razor, on Mar 05 2016 - 19:20, said:

 

So because you don't agree with it it's idiotic?

 

AND... misguided, don't forget that your idea is also misguided.

R_Razor #22 Posted Mar 05 2016 - 23:26

    Captain

  • Players
  • 8089 battles
  • 1,757
  • [_DDM] _DDM
  • Member since:
    08-20-2013

View PostGnxTerran, on Mar 05 2016 - 17:23, said:

Op is getting roasted.

 

Got some more bandwidth you want to waste or are you possibly capable of posting something on topic and constructive? So far the only valid reason I've seen given for not implementing something along the lines of what I proposed is the server population argument, everything else has been bandwidth wasting drivel such as your post, or e-peen measuring attempts by folks that just don't match up.

R_Razor #23 Posted Mar 05 2016 - 23:27

    Captain

  • Players
  • 8089 battles
  • 1,757
  • [_DDM] _DDM
  • Member since:
    08-20-2013

View PostGeorgePreddy, on Mar 05 2016 - 17:25, said:

 

AND... misguided, don't forget that it's also misguided.

 

Misguided may be accurate given that I didn't factor in server pop statistics, no argument there.

GeorgePreddy #24 Posted Mar 05 2016 - 23:30

    Major

  • Players
  • 14345 battles
  • 11,568
  • Member since:
    04-11-2013

View PostR_Razor, on Mar 05 2016 - 19:26, said:

 

Got some more bandwidth you want to waste or are you possibly capable of posting something on topic and constructive? So far the only valid reason I've seen given for not implementing something along the lines of what I proposed is the server population argument, everything else has been bandwidth wasting drivel such as your post, or e-peen measuring attempts by folks that just don't match up.

 

So, you just choose to ignore that WG would lose a ton of money by using your idea... I believe someone brought that up.

R_Razor #25 Posted Mar 05 2016 - 23:37

    Captain

  • Players
  • 8089 battles
  • 1,757
  • [_DDM] _DDM
  • Member since:
    08-20-2013

View PostGeorgePreddy, on Mar 05 2016 - 17:30, said:

 

So, you just choose to ignore that WG would lose a ton of money by using your idea... I believe someone brought that up.

 

Yes I do because that isn't a given depending on how it's implemented. Estimates and guesses as to how much WG would earn or not earn by people that have zero access to their books are just that, estimates and guesses, also known as opinions. The only thing factual that can be verified by anyone playing the game is the average server population since we are given those numbers in our clients.

ket101 #26 Posted Mar 05 2016 - 23:56

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 18441 battles
  • 9,337
  • [N-O-M] N-O-M
  • Member since:
    01-10-2011

View PostR_Razor, on Mar 06 2016 - 08:37, said:

 

Yes I do because that isn't a given depending on how it's implemented. Estimates and guesses as to how much WG would earn or not earn by people that have zero access to their books are just that, estimates and guesses, also known as opinions. The only thing factual that can be verified by anyone playing the game is the average server population since we are given those numbers in our clients.

 

There are people that have high tier tanks already.  If you were going to implement this scheme, you would have had to do it at the start.  As it is, your scheme would prevent people from playing the tanks that they've worked hard to get to.  That would cause howls of protest.

 

Not to mention, your scheme would actually prevent anyone from reaching the top tiers at all, as your relative "personal rating" would start diminishing very quickly as players were limited from the various tiers.  The reason people have good stats is that other people have poor stats.  If everybody had to have a rating to enable them to progress, there may as well not be a game at all, because no one would get anywhere past about half way.  There simply wouldn't be enough players to play games past that point.



The_Raging_Tanker #27 Posted Mar 05 2016 - 23:56

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 39016 battles
  • 36
  • Member since:
    11-25-2012
Something definitely needs to be done! I'm sick and tired of all the d*mn teams I get put on! It's 90% lemming trains (may win 2 out of 10 battles, not enough to do every time!), 5% campers (may win 1 out of 10 battles, not worth doing at all!), and 5% a team that actually pays attention to the map and plays accordingly (This kind of team never loses a battle)! I work my butt off to get my win rate up and my personal rating! I'm at 50.94% with a rating of 4,428 as I type this! I know it's mediocre at best but I was a lot worse until I starting watching Jingles and Quickybaby's YouTube videos! I pay attention to the map! I don't lemming train and I don't really camp much unless I'm bottom tier (like tier 5 in a tier 7 battle! camp more when I'm in a TD) and even then it's very rare! Yet I still get put on crap teams! Today I've won 6 of 10 games. The ones I lost, I had the highest win percentage and usually the highest personal rating, When I mean highest, I'm usually 1000 higher than the rest of the players on my team but the enemy team will all be close to each other in amount and win percentage. I've looked at most of the players stats and they will have tanks they should have! I'm not talking about premium tanks either, I mean regular tanks in the tech tree! How can someone have a tier 7 with only 3K battles? I know Wargaming lets players use gold to get free experience. Maybe that was a bad decision on  their part but I seriously doubt they will change it because they only see money! Anyway, I saw this on the forum and just wanted to throw my 2 cents in! Some may agree with me or you will vilify me and make jokes at my expense. Heck I'm used to it at my old age! I just would like to really get this game back to where it was when I first started playing it! Too many players only worry about themselves (personal missions, the worst idea ever! should have been a separate game mode like rampage!) and don't care about trying to get a victory for the team anymore!   

Mudman24 #28 Posted Mar 05 2016 - 23:59

    Major

  • Players
  • 36574 battles
  • 12,162
  • Member since:
    04-06-2012
Check this out Razor.  My idea sort of does what you are talking about but without total exclusion.

http://forum.worldof...iew__getnewpost

riff_ #29 Posted Mar 06 2016 - 00:09

    Major

  • Players
  • 28382 battles
  • 10,120
  • Member since:
    08-02-2013

View PostGnxTerran, on Mar 05 2016 - 17:23, said:

Op is getting roasted.

 

OP needs to lighten up.

R_Razor #30 Posted Mar 06 2016 - 00:15

    Captain

  • Players
  • 8089 battles
  • 1,757
  • [_DDM] _DDM
  • Member since:
    08-20-2013

View PostMudman24, on Mar 05 2016 - 17:59, said:

Check this out Razor. My idea sort of does what you are talking about but without total exclusion.

http://forum.worldof...iew__getnewpost

 

Unfortunately there appear to be too many folks that aren't willing to give up the opportunity to club new / low skill players even if it would mean not having the same on their own team helping generate losses for them. I guess stats mean more to them than a game that has a challenging matchmaking system that provides opportunity for games that don't include the ignorance that seems to be the norm these days.

ArmorStorm #31 Posted Mar 06 2016 - 00:24

    Major

  • Players
  • 36052 battles
  • 8,009
  • [F__R] F__R
  • Member since:
    08-12-2011

View PostR_Razor, on Mar 05 2016 - 14:24, said:

Yeah, I'm not the best player by any stretch, I freely admit that and I also know that I play above my skill / tier ability when I platoon (tier VII and VIII especially) so I make an effort to minimize that and would be more than happy to have those tanks locked until my personal rating says I'm ready for them.

 

That being said, there are way too many people that probably aren't capable of walking and chewing bubblegum playing in tiers VI and above..........I mean really, if you are a living, breathing, walking, talking, human then there is almost zero reason for you to have a personal rating below 1500 playing in a tier VI tank. All you're doing is screwing yourself as well as your team.

 

 

WG, find a way to tie availability of tank tiers to the personal rating so everyone doesn't have to continue to suffer these games please.

Two things here buddy.  1.  IT'S A FREAKING GAME.  Nobody is physically, emotionally or financially hurt by losing a match so screw it, the teams are the teams.  2.  We here in the NA forum expect our elitist d-bags to be actual good players, which leaves you and I out.  



R_Razor #32 Posted Mar 06 2016 - 00:24

    Captain

  • Players
  • 8089 battles
  • 1,757
  • [_DDM] _DDM
  • Member since:
    08-20-2013

View PostArmorStorm, on Mar 05 2016 - 18:24, said:

Two things here buddy.  1.  IT'S A FREAKING GAME.  Nobody is physically, emotionally or financially hurt by losing a match so screw it, the teams are the teams.  2.  We here in the NA forum expect our elitist d-bags to be actual good players, which leaves you and I out.  

 

Ahh, another individual that needs remedial reading classes I see.

 

Thanks for your drivel, carry on.



GrEaSe_WhEeL #33 Posted Mar 06 2016 - 00:43

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 41931 battles
  • 223
  • Member since:
    07-13-2012

View PostR_Razor, on Mar 05 2016 - 14:15, said:

 

Reading is hard for you isn't it? Maybe you should read the OP before you start typing. But since it's obviously above your capability to understand, I'll spell it out for you..........I am aware that when I run VII and VIII tier tanks I am screwing my team, hence why I have so few battles in them, only run them when I am in a platoon with clan mates and they insist on playing those tiers.

 

4964 3551 ▼ -1413
Avg. Tier 0 0 ■ 0
Victories 2156 43.43% 1516 42.69% ▼ -640 ▼ -0.74%
Defeats 2736 55.12% 1989 56.01% ▼ -747 ▲ 0.89%
Draws 72 1.45% 46 1.3% ▼ -26 ▼ -0.15%
Survived 1150 23.17% 780 21.97% ▼ -370 ▼ -1.2%
Destroyed 1919 0.39 1125 0.32 ▼ -794 ▼ -0.07
K/D Ratio 0.5 0.41 ▼ -0.09
Detected 3420 0.69 2580 0.73 ▼ -840 ▲ 0.04
Damage 1682579 338.96 689016 194.03 ▼ -993563 ▼ -144.93
Capture Points 8122 1.64 5749 1.62 ▼ -2373 ▼ -0.02
Defense Points 2892 0.58 2041 0.57 ▼ -851 ▼ -0.01
Experience 1535747 309.38

 

And at 2k less battles I'm well above where you were at the same time, so maybe you should toss rocks around in that glass house too much.

And Georgie, when we play as you stated, we get people like you crying in the game chat and the forums complaining about being stuck with bad teams...........at least my way would eliminate that.

calm down killer,just woke up and read it wrong,anyways i always played race car games like need for speed,saw a wot advertisement made a account and played a game and like the concept/graphics,i shot he shells because they seem to always pen a lot more than ap rounds,i would run up to 5 tanks to shoot 1 tank and i also didn't know you had to activate the repair kits.whats your excuse?



R_Razor #34 Posted Mar 06 2016 - 00:48

    Captain

  • Players
  • 8089 battles
  • 1,757
  • [_DDM] _DDM
  • Member since:
    08-20-2013

View PostGrEaSe_WhEeL, on Mar 05 2016 - 18:43, said:

calm down killer,just woke up and read it wrong,anyways i always played race car games like need for speed,saw a wot advertisement made a account and played a game and like the concept/graphics,i shot he shells because they seem to always pen a lot more than ap rounds,i would run up to 5 tanks to shoot 1 tank and i also didn't know you had to activate the repair kits.whats your excuse?

 

I don't need an excuse, you came in slinging e-peen [edited]and got called on it, I'm better at my current number of battles than you were, by extension, I will likely be better than you are now when I reach the same battle count. So before you start crowing about your "1337 skillz" you might want to make sure you have a leg to stand on.

 

Were you in possession of even a modicum of reading comprehension ability, you'll see that I freely admit I'm not very good at the game, so it's not likely you'll see me trying to use my stats to justify my opinions unlike you did.



GrEaSe_WhEeL #35 Posted Mar 06 2016 - 01:01

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 41931 battles
  • 223
  • Member since:
    07-13-2012

View PostR_Razor, on Mar 05 2016 - 15:48, said:

 

I don't need an excuse, you came in slinging e-peen [edited]and got called on it, I'm better at my current number of battles than you were, by extension, I will likely be better than you are now when I reach the same battle count. So before you start crowing about your "1337 skillz" you might want to make sure you have a leg to stand on.

 

Were you in possession of even a modicum of reading comprehension ability, you'll see that I freely admit I'm not very good at the game, so it's not likely you'll see me trying to use my stats to justify my opinions unlike you did.

 

wow you really are a ***** bag,anyways over 375 post and you want to talk about how you suck and how you should be grouped up with other suck players is typical i guess coming from you,good luck with that and hit me up when you are better than me,seriously hit me up when you are better,don't do a estimated  theory battle count,for you do not have enough different tanks and tiers.

R_Razor #36 Posted Mar 06 2016 - 01:06

    Captain

  • Players
  • 8089 battles
  • 1,757
  • [_DDM] _DDM
  • Member since:
    08-20-2013

View PostGrEaSe_WhEeL, on Mar 05 2016 - 19:01, said:

 

wow you really are a ***** bag,anyways over 375 post and you want to talk about how you suck and how you should be grouped up with other suck players is typical i guess coming from you,good luck with that and hit me up when you are better than me,seriously hit me up when you are better,don't do a estimated  theory battle count,for you do not have enough different tanks and tiers.

 

lmbo, so I should either dedicate my life to the game in order to play enough to come from 25K battles behind in order to prove to you I'm better than you? As I said, you came in slinging the epeen crap, and frankly you're, even at your current level, nowhere NEAR good enough go be doing that.......you should leave that to the Teals and Purples, you're just an average scrub that's played 28k battles and still hasn't managed to hit a 50% win rate trying to use your greater number of battles to insinuate that you're a better player. Guess what, you're not that good bud. The difference between us is that I am aware that I'm not currently as good as a lot of players, but unlike you, I have many thousands of battles to get better, all you have is the average abilities that  you currently possess.



GrEaSe_WhEeL #37 Posted Mar 06 2016 - 01:37

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 41931 battles
  • 223
  • Member since:
    07-13-2012

View PostR_Razor, on Mar 05 2016 - 16:06, said:

 

lmbo, so I should either dedicate my life to the game in order to play enough to come from 25K battles behind in order to prove to you I'm better than you? As I said, you came in slinging the epeen crap, and frankly you're, even at your current level, nowhere NEAR good enough go be doing that.......you should leave that to the Teals and Purples, you're just an average scrub that's played 28k battles and still hasn't managed to hit a 50% win rate trying to use your greater number of battles to insinuate that you're a better player. Guess what, you're not that good bud. The difference between us is that I am aware that I'm not currently as good as a lot of players, but unlike you, I have many thousands of battles to get better, all you have is the average abilities that  you currently possess.

 

who said 25k battles,anyways you have been playing sense 8-19-2013 you have 2657 battles a crap load of post,whats really going on?i see what you want so let me break it down for you because you are to afraid too,you want to be put in battle with other players of the same rating because you think you are going to go in there and do some seal clubbing and everyone is going to praise you and you are the best.so now we got that out of the way you are for getting one thing;you all will have about the same rating so no seal clubbing for you and nobody will praise you.you don't even average 3 games  a day and you have ideals,now that's lmbo.this player wants to log into wot and play almost 3 games a day and get praised,whats next in game bots that can post on the forums.

R_Razor #38 Posted Mar 06 2016 - 01:50

    Captain

  • Players
  • 8089 battles
  • 1,757
  • [_DDM] _DDM
  • Member since:
    08-20-2013

View PostGrEaSe_WhEeL, on Mar 05 2016 - 19:37, said:

 

who said 25k battles,anyways you have been playing sense 8-19-2013 you have 2657 battles a crap load of post,whats really going on?i see what you want so let me break it down for you because you are to afraid too,you want to be put in battle with other players of the same rating because you think you are going to go in there and do some seal clubbing and everyone is going to praise you and you are the best.so now we got that out of the way you are for getting one thing;you all will have about the same rating so no seal clubbing for you and nobody will praise you.you don't even average 3 games  a day and you have ideals,now that's lmbo.this player wants to log into wot and play almost 3 games a day and get praised,whats next in game bots that can post on the forums.

 

Actually I'd be happy if you could use proper English and Grammar.

 

As for my join date, not that you would understand this, but I was deployed for several years, not real easy to play WoT from Afghanistan, so there's that. I started playing seriously in October of 2015, figure out my average battles for that time frame smart guy. And now back to your epeen drivel, (wipe your chin son) I don't seal club, I'm not good enough to seal club even if I wanted to......come to think of it, neither are you, and that is REALLY what this boils down to. You came in running your mouth about your mad skills and got slapped down, now you're trying to save face by transposing your ignorance onto someone else. Not going to work kiddo. Now, go play another 28K games and try to get above a 49% win rate scrub.



GrEaSe_WhEeL #39 Posted Mar 06 2016 - 02:06

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 41931 battles
  • 223
  • Member since:
    07-13-2012

View PostR_Razor, on Mar 05 2016 - 16:50, said:

 

Actually I'd be happy if you could use proper English and Grammar.

 

As for my join date, not that you would understand this, but I was deployed for several years, not real easy to play WoT from Afghanistan, so there's that. I started playing seriously in October of 2015, figure out my average battles for that time frame smart guy. And now back to your epeen drivel, (wipe your chin son) I don't seal club, I'm not good enough to seal club even if I wanted to......come to think of it, neither are you, and that is REALLY what this boils down to. You came in running your mouth about your mad skills and got slapped down, now you're trying to save face by transposing your ignorance onto someone else. Not going to work kiddo. Now, go play another 28K games and try to get above a 49% win rate scrub.

 

so you're good at english and grammer but suck at wot thats cool i guess.its funny what good players do to players like R_Razor; here they come running to the forums with there bright ideals trying to sliver a win in instead of trying to get better but i guess that what happens when you play almost 3 games a day for over 36 months.just a heads up i'm only reading the first 2-12 words sense you started to reply to me.

GrEaSe_WhEeL #40 Posted Mar 06 2016 - 02:07

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 41931 battles
  • 223
  • Member since:
    07-13-2012
this thread is dead now......




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users