Premium Tanks/Accounts = Credit Machines

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

I_SaVoniX_I #1 Posted Jul 16 2011 - 04:31

Corporal

• Players
  • 14550 battles
OK, I've been playing the game for a few days now and looking around the forums.

I find a lot of talk about how using buying a premium account and tanks can make you a lot of credits fast.

But I can never find out why? or how? they do this.

I would like to know before I go dropping any serious real coin on this game.

BTW, I think the game rocks!!!!

Sorry if this is a NOOB question.

See ya

Driver

Kensei #2 Posted Jul 16 2011 - 04:34

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 6871 battles

View PostA65Driver, on Jul 16 2011 - 04:31, said:

OK, I've been playing the game for a few days now and looking around the forums.

I find a lot of talk about how using buying a premium account and tanks can make you a lot of credits fast.

But I can never find out why? or how? they do this.

I would like to know before I go dropping any serious real coin on this game.

BTW, I think the game rocks!!!!

Sorry if this is a NOOB question.

See ya

Driver
Premium accounts give you a 50% boost in experience and credits for every game you play.

Say you get 500 experience in a game, and 30,000 credits without premium. With premium you'd get 750 experience, and 45,000 credits.

Zakume #3 Posted Jul 16 2011 - 04:36

Major

• WGLNA Gold League Player
  • 31445 battles

View PostKensei, on Jul 16 2011 - 04:34, said:

Premium accounts give you a 50% boost in experience and credits for every game you play.

Say you get 500 experience in a game, and 30,000 credits without premium. With premium you'd get 750 experience, and 45,000 credits.

Also to add on this, premium tanks have a higher income level than normal tanks, which is why they make more money.

Eidolone #4 Posted Jul 16 2011 - 04:43

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 20846 battles
Each tank also has a base credit modifier used to calculate how many credits they get from a match.  For premium tanks this value is about twice as much as normal tanks.

Credit gain is fairly important for high level play, since as you go up the tiers, repair and ammo costs for the tanks become quite significant.  Without a premium account, most people would find tier 7 to be the highest tier that they play and still "break even" on credits from matches.  To pay the purchase and operating costs of tanks of higher tier, you would often need to drop back and play more tier 5/6 tanks to farm credits.

With premium account, you can delay the break even point to tier 8 or 9.  With premium tanks, you can farm credits faster than normal tanks of the same tier.

GearaDoga #5 Posted Jul 16 2011 - 06:14

Major

• Players
  • 8517 battles
  • [WIH] WIH
Just as an example, with my premium account and my PzV/IV premium tank, going into battle and immediately getting killed in a losing game earns around $20,000 and the repair bill runs from $3000 to $5000.  

So even a totally lousy performance nets a solid $15,000 profit.  I've had good games with a win bring in over $50,000.  If I were driving a Lowe, those numbers can clear $100,000 profit for a single good match.

T_om #6 Posted Jul 16 2011 - 17:25

Captain

• Players
  • 15521 battles
I was not a believer in "credit farming" with premium tanks until my fried convinced me to buy a Lowe during the recent "fire sale" on that tank.  Best thing I ever did for running up experience points and credit rapidly.

First, I had done a lot of play before buying the Lowe, which really helped maximize income from the thing.  If you play poorly, you do not maximize the points.  Better players than myself make even more.  I use it primarily to run up "Free Experience" points rather than banking silver (credits) although it does that very fast too.  

Every tank tree has tanks that are poor performers... terrible game dynamics, slow accumulation of experience, etc.  You can bypass these tanks using Free Experience points and never even have to drive the things.  I am not going to list the ones I feel are lousy, you make your own decisions on that point... but here are two personal examples.  Trying out the Soviet tree, my friend hated the T-34 (I did not find it so bad myself), and wanted to get the T-34-85, which he did with Free Experience points.  And he really likes the T-34-85.  To me, this enhances the game experience.  As for me, I am only a day or so away from getting the IS4.  To me, the IS3 is not worth pimping out or even playing.  It is a mere stepping stone to the last two Soviet heavies that are really fine gamers, the IS4 and IS7.  So instead of grinding the over 165k points necessary to be done with that tank in which I have no interest, I am running up free experience with my Lowe, elite KV-3 and elite Leopard.  I always play the Lowe first.  If I live through the battle, I play it again immediately.  If I am killed in the Lowe, I jump in the KV-3, etc.  This way the Free Experience points come in at the rate of about 8,000 per game hour.  Doesn't take long at that rate to slice through the tanks you do not want to bother playing.

The flip side is, of course, that this costs Gold to do.  To maximize this you need to buy a premium tank, a premium account and the willingness to spend Gold for Free Experience.  The exchange rate is fair for Free Experience, MUCH MUCH better than using golds to by Silver credits for example, and I play this game as a diversion... and I can afford to spend the minimal amount required.

Hope this helps.

Tom

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users