Was a great game until.....

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Papabear1977 #1 Posted Mar 06 2016 - 02:20

Private

• Players
  • 17482 battles
  • [-FCF-] -FCF-

Just finished a very good pub game using my BC 155 58. Was a close game with 2 heavys vs 2 Arty at the end....luckily I kept a t-10 and is-4 occupied long enough to allow my teammate to reload and kill both after I died. In the end I was very happy with my performance....until I saw the detailed report.

Results a 6k loss in credits....even tho I got Master Badge/Bruiser/Gore's Medal/High Caliber

Shots fired 16

Direct Hits 9

Splash Hits 4

Total Damage 5132 damage

Now if we lost I could see a -6k total....I normally see -20k to -30k hit to my silver wallet, but on a win having a 6k loss for using standard ammo and a small repair kit.

Something isn't right with these numbers.

Now most trolls are going to say something to the effect of "play a real tank", "hahaha sky cancer!", "don't play arty!", but comeon.....arty is a viable part of the game. Why are we getting so penalized for playing a tank I love to play?

Cost of the ammo needs to be reduced,,,,,or something needs to be done to not have a win with a loss like this.

15558shot2.jpg15558shot1.jpg

Edited by Papabear1977, Mar 06 2016 - 02:22.

The_Wild_Weasel #2 Posted Mar 06 2016 - 02:28

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 26965 battles
  • [SHRKE] SHRKE

its all fair and balanced

your arty tears are delicious 

Yuri_Doujinshi #3 Posted Mar 06 2016 - 02:31

Major

• Players
  • 23022 battles

Welcome to my CGC, in which I lose about 56k with a good game.

Also, 6k silver is a pittance. You can make that back with one decent game in anything tier 8 or below, maybe even tier 9.

Brick94 #4 Posted Mar 06 2016 - 02:41

Captain

• Players
  • 42925 battles
Isn't that a typical tier 10 match, win, do lots of damage and only loose 6K in silver

Cornish_Pirate #5 Posted Mar 06 2016 - 03:02

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 37588 battles
  • [OTTER] OTTER

You are not meant to make a profit in t10 this causes people to buy prem time and tanks, not saying it's good or bad it just keeps it free for the rest of us

panzerkampfwagen9991 #6 Posted Mar 06 2016 - 03:42

Captain

• Players
  • 26616 battles
  • [NICO] NICO
Dying is a huge thing with tier 9-10 arty. If you had not taken any damage, but you loss, I think that might have been nicer to your bank...

Charlie_Company62 #7 Posted Mar 06 2016 - 04:00

Corporal

• Players
  • 29279 battles
  • [-GTF-] -GTF-
If you wouldn't have died it would have been a profitable battle. But the cost of repairs to your vehicle is where you took the hit. But good job, it was a nice win. This game would be a lot more economic if you would get silver after every battle win or lose. Like in WOWS. I made over 260,000 in one battle with my CV today. And we lost. Makes me want to play the game a lot more.

Edited by Charlie_Company62, Mar 06 2016 - 04:07.

Strigonx #8 Posted Mar 06 2016 - 04:02

Major

• Players
  • 35948 battles
  • [SUX] SUX
you did 5.1k damage, and 1.1k assist, that's more than enough to compensate, if it were a defeat on the other hand.......

Hack_The_Wood #9 Posted Mar 06 2016 - 05:27

Sergeant

• Players
  • 25156 battles
  • [W_T_F] W_T_F

It was a great game until arty showed up....so I'm not real concerned with your issues.  Actually kinda glad arty drivers are taking it in the shorts after so many have screwed up my games.  I don't think you should get any rewards for safely sitting behind the front line.  Moving on.

player2aj #10 Posted Mar 06 2016 - 06:56

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 30072 battles
I wondered why after reading your post, looked at screenshot and then saw why, you don't have premium.

alphasalty #11 Posted Mar 06 2016 - 07:02

Sergeant

• Players
  • 4020 battles

View PostPapabear1977, on Mar 06 2016 - 01:20, said:

Just finished a very good pub game using my BC 155 58. Was a close game with 2 heavys vs 2 Arty at the end....luckily I kept a t-10 and is-4 occupied long enough to allow my teammate to reload and kill both after I died. In the end I was very happy with my performance....until I saw the detailed report.

Results a 6k loss in credits....even tho I got Master Badge/Bruiser/Gore's Medal/High Caliber

Shots fired 16

Direct Hits 9

Splash Hits 4

Total Damage 5132 damage

Now if we lost I could see a -6k total....I normally see -20k to -30k hit to my silver wallet, but on a win having a 6k loss for using standard ammo and a small repair kit.

Something isn't right with these numbers.

Now most trolls are going to say something to the effect of "play a real tank", "hahaha sky cancer!", "don't play arty!", but comeon.....arty is a viable part of the game. Why are we getting so penalized for playing a tank I love to play?

Cost of the ammo needs to be reduced,,,,,or something needs to be done to not have a win with a loss like this.

15558shot2.jpg15558shot1.jpg

Good shooting and thanks for feeding the  argument that arty is way OP. 

With that  though, you still occupy your mommy's basement, and play tanks in your undergarments, while Mommy brings you grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup.

There is a simple fix to your loss of coin problem.  Buff arty accuracy a lot, leave the reload times and aim time as it is, but nerf shell damage to that of a heavy tank in the tier that the arty is in.

This would be fair to the other tanks on the battle field because they can not shoot back at the arty that can snipe someone from any point on the map.

Yes age old argument for not being able to shoot back, but limiting arty's damage, would "BALANCE" arty out more, and throw the clickers a bone by buffing their accuracy, so they can't cry a huge river, just a small one, for not getting everything they want like Mommy does for them.

Edited by alphasalty, Mar 06 2016 - 07:18.

Mage_Epic #12 Posted Mar 06 2016 - 10:15

Sergeant

• Players
  • 26871 battles

Yeah, Arty is OP, that's why it constantly gets 5k+ damage games right?  Platoons of arty everywhere just farming that damage to stat pad that WN8...

There are loads of problems with Arty, and the first and foremost is the low HP's.  Other than the FV304, semi-intelligent Arty players are forced to sit back and avoid conflict, because they have to if they want to live to get a shot off.  Being spotted is nearly always a death sentence.  If they were to give Arty reasonable HP's, then you might see them play a bit more riskier and follow behind flanks (especially on city maps) and risk getting hit because they can survive to do something.

The next problem is Alpha damage coupled with HE.  WG just went nuts here with this mechanic, and it seriously compounds every players hatred of Arty.  Being able to derp nearly every tank in the game off a good roll, or cripple a tank completely beyond playing ability from module damage, is probably the single most frustrating thing in WoT.  They need to just give Arty standard AP/HEAT/HESH (or low damage HE to track vehicles), adjust Alpha down to equivalent TD damage, adjust shell arch (so you can avoid shooting friendlies in the back) and lower range to 550m +/- 10%, adjust penetration values based on shell caliber, aim time, and fire rate.

Additionally, most Arty have terrible mobility, again adding to the problem of them being sit back and rain death because for them to drive anywhere would take half the game.  Give them the ability to keep up with the heavy tanks, but with poor traverse to balance them out.

Arty needs to just become a flank support vehicle.  It makes zero sense for any Arty to shoot at anything less than 1Km away.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users