Ammo rack effects.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Salty_Socks #1 Posted Mar 06 2016 - 03:58

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 12937 battles
So as everyone knows, a damaged ammo rack decreases reloading speed.

I for one, think that is a very absurd and annoying mechanic.

Tanks dont have a single ammo rack. If one gets damage they have ammo stored in other places of a tank.

Why doesnt WG just make it where if your ammo rack gets damage, you lose ammo rather than reload speed? The crew can just easily just pull undamaged ammunition from other parts of the tank.

OHGODNOTTHEBEES #2 Posted Mar 06 2016 - 04:17

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 15522 battles
Because if you lost ammo instead of having double the reload time people would lose loads of credits.
And thus many people like me would be pissed. 

Pipinghot #3 Posted Mar 06 2016 - 04:28

Major

• Players
  • 25960 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

View Postmrsock59, on Mar 05 2016 - 21:58, said:

Tanks dont have a single ammo rack. If one gets damage they have ammo stored in other places of a tank.

Why doesnt WG just make it where if your ammo rack gets damage, you lose ammo rather than reload speed? The crew can just easily just pull undamaged ammunition from other parts of the tank.

Because it makes sense for game play, there are lots of things in the game that don't match real tanks. Consider that you can fix your tracks during combat, while under enemy fire. Also not like real tanks but you're not complaining about that. Every game makes compromises with reality when they make sense for game play.

MeKanism #4 Posted Mar 06 2016 - 05:11

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 2288 battles

View Postmrsock59, on Mar 05 2016 - 18:58, said:

Because WG said so.

Kamahl1234 #5 Posted Mar 06 2016 - 05:21

Major

• Players
  • 18393 battles

Because in game mechanic equivalents, you're firing from the ready-rack at all times, so you have essentially the best reload.

The damaged rack makes the ready-rack unusable, so the loader has to search farther for the ammo so he takes more time to get another round. That crawling/searching time is reflected by the longer reload. Consistency makes it a simple double of the time.

Edited by Kamahl1234, Mar 06 2016 - 05:22.

The_Mighty_Zsar #6 Posted Mar 06 2016 - 06:26

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 13133 battles
  • [ZSAR] ZSAR
Because? Game!

Medessec #7 Posted Mar 06 2016 - 07:52

Major

• -Players-
  • 26899 battles
  • [GNET] GNET

I've mentioned this a few times in a couple of posts- I've always held the opinion that WG bumped up module damage particularly with ammo racks, several patches ago.

A lot of my tanks that don't normally get affected are getting ammo racked far too often for their own good. Almost all of my loaders have "Safe Stowage" as their first perk, some of my tanks had their Vstabs/vents replaced with WAR(Wet Ammo Rack) as equipment.

Assuming the "Small Repair Kit, Small Medkit and MFE(Manual Fire Extinguisher)" consumable layout, when I get struck by arty or shot in a peeking motion, I get a busted track AND a busted ammo rack, and I'm stuck (sometimes early in the battle) with the definite choice: do I carry on the battle with a doubled reload, or do I... well, die? Which is a pretty cruddy choice. Not very fun in a tank you're enjoying.

I get that module damage makes sense, and that some people are going to tell me "well, you should use Large Repair Kits instead" or that you shouldn't get shot at all. But... I don't really want to hear that. I just feel like... the game would be more enjoyable and fun if I didn't have to make those dumb decisions. I have to think before repairing my track, when I do get tracked... "do I really need to? I might need it for my AR later... or my engine."

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users