Give The Option To Trade Premium Tanks With Friends?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

FlyingCanuck14 #1 Posted Mar 06 2016 - 21:49

Corporal

• Players
  • 15602 battles

Hey ladies and gents! My buddy just came up with a pretty original idea, that made me want to see what the community thinks! Haven't fully thought it through, but essentially the idea is this ;

Giving the ability to trade equal tier premium tanks, to allow people to enjoy the game on a higher level.
Reasons for thinking this way include ; 
- Giving the ability to allow players to try new premium tanks, regardless of their current financial situation to assist in giving players more experience with different play styles.

- Allowing people to trade tanks that they dislike, gives Wargaming a break on customer service when players create tickets about their displeasure of a tank they recently purchased. 

- Add's an interesting aspect of player to player interaction, possibly creating a more positive environment for the community.

I would love to see what people think about this, and feel free to provide constructive criticism, but keep it civil ! :-)

Preddy_ #2 Posted Mar 06 2016 - 22:00

Major

• Players
  • 9629 battles
  • [T-F-Z] T-F-Z

Won't happen cuz WG wants to SELL prem tanks, not run a flea market for in-game traders of prem tanks.

Also, imagine the problems created when some slick 20 year old talks a 12  year old into trading his Type 59 for a Matilda BP.

FlyingCanuck14 #3 Posted Mar 06 2016 - 22:05

Corporal

• Players
  • 15602 battles

View PostPreddy_, on Mar 06 2016 - 16:00, said:

Won't happen cuz WG wants to SELL prem tanks, not run a flea market for in-game traders of prem tanks.

Also, imagine the problems created when some slick 20 year old talks a 12  year old into trading his Type 59 for a Matilda BP.

The tanks have already been purchased, so your thought is irrelevant.

Also if you read the post, it says they have to be friends, also it has to be same tier lol

SirWaffleCake #4 Posted Mar 06 2016 - 22:08

Sergeant

• Players
  • 14733 battles
I think its quite an intresting idea I know a few of my buddys made a few errors in judgement and would trade them for tanks i dont like

ArmoredCasket #5 Posted Mar 06 2016 - 22:08

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 20362 battles
yea I don't think they will loose $$$.  No one would buy anymore, prob would help ebay for buying rare tanks

FlyingCanuck14 #6 Posted Mar 06 2016 - 22:09

Corporal

• Players
  • 15602 battles

View PostSirWaffleCake, on Mar 06 2016 - 16:08, said:

I think its quite an intresting idea I know a few of my buddys made a few errors in judgement and would trade them for tanks i dont like

yes, see me and my friend are in the exact same situation. We could both benefit, and wargaming would benefit by having happier customers.

FlyingCanuck14 #7 Posted Mar 06 2016 - 22:10

Corporal

• Players
  • 15602 battles
what if you have a limit of times you can trade tanks? 

aswitz87 #8 Posted Mar 06 2016 - 22:11

Major

• Players
  • 5921 battles

This would cause WG to lose revenue.  Instead of 2 people purchasing 2 tanks each, they each purchase 1 and then trade at some point.

So from that standpoint, won't happen.  Plus they already do rentals as an alternative to buying a prem.

Brevillance #9 Posted Mar 06 2016 - 22:15

Corporal

• Players
  • 13998 battles
  • [-FG-] -FG-

I think most of you are missing the entire point of this.

They would BOTH need to be premium

The SAME tier

and only FRIENDS

That said, for free? doubt it. even if it was already bought tanks at minimal they would probably charge like .25xtier for "server maintenance" or whatever.

I would like to be able to trade, but then again I pretty much own everything anyway. But if they implemented it I would EXPECT a charge per trade so they still make money.

FlyingCanuck14 #10 Posted Mar 06 2016 - 22:20

Corporal

• Players
  • 15602 battles

View PostBrevillance, on Mar 06 2016 - 16:15, said:

I think most of you are missing the entire point of this.

They would BOTH need to be premium

The SAME tier

and only FRIENDS

That said, for free? doubt it. even if it was already bought tanks at minimal they would probably charge like .25xtier for "server maintenance" or whatever.

I would like to be able to trade, but then again I pretty much own everything anyway. But if they implemented it I would EXPECT a charge per trade so they still make money.

that makes perfect sense! a minimal charge acting as a penalty of some sort so they don't lose out on income. 

Brevillance #11 Posted Mar 06 2016 - 22:26

Corporal

• Players
  • 13998 battles
  • [-FG-] -FG-

ive thought about this several times over the years, as well as a few other things. but I know WG wouldn't, it would take them to much time for a relatively small return on the investment (unless you could trade any tanks for anything, which would be significantly worse).

If they where to implement this I could see it being a lot more limited, some tanks (potentially rare) might not exempt from trades (type for example). I would assume as well that if I had an IS-6 and a T34 and you had a IS-6 and you wanted to trade T34/Is-6 it would have to either decline the trade or give me gold, which could then be used to "sell" rare tanks. "Buy a xxxxxx and send me $30 in gold and the type is yours" where you trade for a tank you have and accept gold in return.

Theres a lot that would go into it and even if it was a flat 2 bucks a trade the time spent coding/implementing/answering tickets during the early phases would not suffice. Time = Money, Time spent on new premiums at $30 a pop x 100 v $2 trades is always going to be the new prem

FlyingCanuck14 #12 Posted Mar 06 2016 - 22:26

Corporal

• Players
  • 15602 battles
Also, what if for the people who live pay check to paycheck, they can't afford, or refuse to spend 30 dollars on a tank, had the abil;ity to receive a tank from a friend's garage, but are required to pay a minimal charge, to allow the transfer / transaction to go through. This way, more experienced players who have a surplus of tanks, in which include a few that they dislike, can gift a tank in their garage, but the player who is receiving this tank, still has to pay a minimal fee. This way, we can help each other grow as players thus evolving the skill level overall. 

FlyingCanuck14 #13 Posted Mar 06 2016 - 22:29

Corporal

• Players
  • 15602 battles

View PostBrevillance, on Mar 06 2016 - 16:26, said:

ive thought about this several times over the years, as well as a few other things. but I know WG wouldn't, it would take them to much time for a relatively small return on the investment (unless you could trade any tanks for anything, which would be significantly worse).

If they where to implement this I could see it being a lot more limited, some tanks (potentially rare) might not exempt from trades (type for example). I would assume as well that if I had an IS-6 and a T34 and you had a IS-6 and you wanted to trade T34/Is-6 it would have to either decline the trade or give me gold, which could then be used to "sell" rare tanks. "Buy a xxxxxx and send me $30 in gold and the type is yours" where you trade for a tank you have and accept gold in return.

Theres a lot that would go into it and even if it was a flat 2 bucks a trade the time spent coding/implementing/answering tickets during the early phases would not suffice. Time = Money, Time spent on new premiums at $30 a pop x 100 v $2 trades is always going to be the new prem

i agree, but when there are more satisfied customers, brings the potential for people to want to open their wallets to purchase more premium items. In the end, after the first while, it would benefit wargaming as a happy player, can become a happy customer due to their new found passion for a game that supports their players. 

Brevillance #14 Posted Mar 06 2016 - 22:36

Corporal

• Players
  • 13998 battles
  • [-FG-] -FG-
I think I speak for a lot of players here when I say id be far happier with a different Arty implementation, More maps, Better handling of tickets or just a swap from the LW engine to Havok or Frostbite or SOMETHING that will allow for more optimized and better looking gameplay.

While it would be nice, WG would rather people simply go buy a new IS-6 then get 4 bucks for a trade of two T8 tanks. Overtime yes it would make more money then they spent to make it, but WG and pretty much any other game producer/company look at short term $$, because if they spend 50k developing this (random figure) and it would take 25k trades to break even that's a bit of a gamble if lets say it took 6 months to hit that number. Conversly if they produced a new T7 prem that sold for 25 bucks a pop and it took 35k to produce that, the tank is going to break even far quicker (and for them mean its less of a gamble in the long run). If WG shut down a year from now the Premiums they make will far outweigh this trade system.

That's not to say they could build it inbetween (when they have spare time or are waiting on other sections to catch up), but its highly unlikely, and would likely cost a stupid amount to trade the tanks that are worth it (40+ buck tanks). Besides that, the recent T7+ tanks have been fairly cheap in comparison to the "old" tanks

Collapsed_Eigenfunction #15 Posted Mar 06 2016 - 22:52

Major

• Players
  • 24597 battles
  • [KITTI] KITTI

View PostFlyingCanuck14, on Mar 06 2016 - 21:09, said:

yes, see me and my friend are in the exact same situation. We could both benefit, and wargaming would benefit by having happier customers.

or you both buy the other tank and wargaming makes $100 

MeKanism #16 Posted Mar 06 2016 - 23:03

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 2288 battles
Cool idea

The_NEGOTIATOR96 #17 Posted Mar 06 2016 - 23:14

Private

• Players
  • 18180 battles

View PostPreddy_, on Mar 06 2016 - 21:00, said:

Its why he said EQUAL TIER. I had the same idea once, never really thought someone else had the same idea

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users