Armor Changes of the IS-6 in 9.14

• Please log in to reply
143 replies to this topic

pmdanie96 #41 Posted Mar 10 2016 - 17:38

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 44253 battles

View PostDeath_Bot_3001, on Mar 09 2016 - 07:23, said:

ok folks, time for the tin foil hat to come off and lay down some logic. To you this is a game, you play it to have fun, compensate for a small manhood by annoying others in chat or what ever the case may be. The point is to YOU it is a game. To War Gaming it is a business. You want to be entertained and they want and need to get paid. Need?!?! What in the ****? ya, well your game don't exist unless some one gets paid to keep the lights on. So you want new tanks? so you want better physics? You want more game modes? HEY! WAKE UP! TAKES MONEY! so a $52.09 tank gets a buff that now will require and estimated $1.75 worth of gold ammo to kill. Is this a total [edited]move? YES! but it also makes money! There are so many of these scrub tanks out there that you have no other choice but to want to sell more. So you buff the hell out of its armor so you can keep getting those half a C-note for each one that is going to rake in those singlets in ammo needed to kill it. Sure there are a few idiots who haven't figured out you don't have to pay gold for "gold ammo" but for every 10 of us that do know that there is at least one who don't. we can thank them for keeping the lights on.

OH and if you want to buff any thing WarGaming? Get a game engine that hasn't been around since 2002?!?! Technology changes and if you want to compete in the next year your going to have to realize this one was toast 2 years after your release and upgrade to something that doesn't look like it came straight off a PlayStation 1 might be a good idea.

I am laughing that you need to use gold to kill and IS-6. That aside, the majority of us posting on the forum understand it is a business. As so many have already points out, there are so many other tanks that could have been buffed or rebalanced (depends on how you look at it) outside of one of the best at tier. That would bring just as much revenue and not mess so much with balance. 

ShadowDancer27 #42 Posted Mar 10 2016 - 20:15

Major

• Players
  • 30276 battles
The aggregate performance metrics don't support this change.  When players on-average win rate is higher in the tank than their garage in general it doesn't need a buff.

MakeWOTgreatAgain #43 Posted Mar 11 2016 - 08:49

Private

• -Players-
  • 0 battles
I just spent a lot of money on this game, only for the match making to get worse in the latest update.  I really want my money back!  I keep getting put in a battle with tanks 2 tiers higher than me! WTH? I can't even inflict damage on them! Even slipping behind them and shooting in there weak spot. This game use to be fun, now I stay mad.

tanky_the_tank #44 Posted Mar 11 2016 - 14:48

Major

• Players
  • 48434 battles

View PostGhostPrime, on Mar 08 2016 - 01:20, said:

- Armor protection of the lower section of the lower glacis plate has been decreased, due to its decreased effective armor thickness

Do you mean upper glacis, picture shows upper glacis 235mm instead of up to 274. That's a big nerf to front hull, easiest part of tank to aim at. IS-6 driver hatch was never a big deal, too hard to hit it clean without high acc high pen gun. Real weak spot was turret top, dunno what shorter IS-6 will mean v avg tank aiming for turret top.

Velancious #45 Posted Mar 11 2016 - 21:54

Private

• Players
  • 10274 battles
This strong of an armor buff for the IS-6...really? Why not the T-34-3? What about the 59-Patton?! Those medium tanks that have lackluster engines and guns---not to mention armor---and this thing gets armor buffs when its armor is already bouncy as it is. If they buff this ez-mode tank then they need to make compensations for all the others that are going to suffer as a result. It's not like this tank can see tier 10's or anything. (The 59-Patton unfortunately can)

Edited by Velancious, Mar 11 2016 - 21:55.

lungustefan #46 Posted Mar 12 2016 - 09:58

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 20 battles

yeah you fixed the is6

now fix the is5 and give it 221 pen instead of under 200!even though in game it has 221 pen it IS NOT THAT MUCH

YBSirius #47 Posted Mar 13 2016 - 14:32

Sergeant

• Players
  • 30298 battles
  • [ROWAR] ROWAR

I got the tank because it had preferred matchmaking, didn't see above a tier 9.  Now it gets tier 10 matchmaking?  Where is the offer of moneyback since they made such a big change to the product?

Deputy276 #48 Posted Mar 13 2016 - 19:19

Major

• Players
  • 20403 battles
  • [3_NZ] 3_NZ

View Postpmdanie96, on Mar 08 2016 - 09:06, said:

Thanks for sharing WG +1

But, who's sick joke was it to buff the IS-6. I mean come on already. Absolutely no reason to buff that tank. Sorry but, there isn't a single reason I can see here. It is already one of the best (if not best) overall premiums in the game. Absolutely stupid idea there. 

I can think of one VERY impotant reason to buff it, and any other Premium tank. Because they ARE Premium tanks and WG makes $$$ SELLING THEM. LOL...you thought WG cared about game play? Silly boy. Tricks are for kids. Adults run WG and one must ALWAYS "follow the money trail". ;) And all you guys posting about the IS-6 being even better and becoming even more effective...WG thanks you for helping them with their marketing. But sorry, no soup for you. :teethhappy:

Deputy276 #49 Posted Mar 13 2016 - 19:28

Major

• Players
  • 20403 battles
  • [3_NZ] 3_NZ

View Postpmdanie96, on Mar 10 2016 - 10:38, said:

I am laughing that you need to use gold to kill and IS-6. That aside, the majority of us posting on the forum understand it is a business. As so many have already points out, there are so many other tanks that could have been buffed or rebalanced (depends on how you look at it) outside of one of the best at tier. That would bring just as much revenue and not mess so much with balance. 

So name some "other tanks" that WG would make a profit at in REAL MONEY by buffing? Because using gold or credits to buy tanks isn't making them a profit in REAL MONEY. And that list will be ALL Premium tanks, BTW, or it won't make any sense. Also, I am laughing that you think people are gonna switch from gold to AP and back, depending on each tank they encounter. For one thing, many tanks have reload times that would have you dead before you got the ammo switched. For another, with the wonderful RNG, many folks don't want to trust getting screwed out of doing damage or a kill. You can continue to hold your nose up in the air for memorizing the weak spots on hundreds of fantasy pixel tanks. Well done!! Gonna be a great benefit in the real world. Other folks will simply load gold and be more certain of actually penetrating those weak spots. Of course, you will get to piss and moan in game chat about someone "spamming gold". But you will be dead and most people will be ignoring you or telling you to "get over it". :)

Preddy_ #50 Posted Mar 13 2016 - 19:53

Major

• Players
  • 9629 battles
  • [T-F-Z] T-F-Z

View PostStrike_Witch_Tomoko, on Mar 08 2016 - 02:12, said:

Actually... this graph shows BOTH tank curves PLUMMETING toward the reference line and extrapolating that, they would be below the reference line very soon if the IS-6 were not buffed, so, thanks for posting this graph... it proves the buff is necessary !

Strike_Witch_Tomoko #51 Posted Mar 13 2016 - 19:56

Major

• Players
  • 15574 battles

View PostPreddy_, on Mar 13 2016 - 11:53, said:

Actually... this graph shows BOTH tank curves PLUMMETING toward the reference line and extrapolating that, they would be below the reference line very soon if the IS-6 were not buffed, so, thanks for posting this graph... it proves the buff is necessary !

learn to read a graph....

as the line continues on, it stays above the balance line.   aka its stronger than average.

this doesn't show if it will go up or down.  it shows how the tank performs now.

with a buff, the line will be even higher, aka more overpowered.

there are tanks that don't even get above the balance line.  but most russians do.

Strigonx #52 Posted Mar 13 2016 - 20:10

Major

• Players
  • 38686 battles
  • [FD_UP] FD_UP

View PostDON4LD_TRUMP, on Mar 07 2016 - 21:04, said:

Buff a tank that already bounces pubbies all day. Makes a lot of sense. So when are you gonna buff arty too? It needs more buffs!!!!

Make_Arty_Great_Again_2k16

Deputy276 #53 Posted Mar 13 2016 - 21:04

Major

• Players
  • 20403 battles
  • [3_NZ] 3_NZ

View PostVelancious, on Mar 11 2016 - 14:54, said:

This strong of an armor buff for the IS-6...really? Why not the T-34-3? What about the 59-Patton?! Those medium tanks that have lackluster engines and guns---not to mention armor---and this thing gets armor buffs when its armor is already bouncy as it is. If they buff this ez-mode tank then they need to make compensations for all the others that are going to suffer as a result. It's not like this tank can see tier 10's or anything. (The 59-Patton unfortunately can)

Last patch:

59-Patton:

* Penetration of the AP M318 shell for the 90 mm Gun M41 increased from 173 mm to 190 mm.

Curo__0_0ll #54 Posted Mar 14 2016 - 07:24

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 17299 battles

View Postcalebjordan1983, on Mar 11 2016 - 08:49, said:

I just spent a lot of money on this game, only for the match making to get worse in the latest update. I really want my money back! I keep getting put in a battle with tanks 2 tiers higher than me! WTH? I can't even inflict damage on them! Even slipping behind them and shooting in there weak spot. This game use to be fun, now I stay mad.

not sure if terrible at trolling, posted in wrong thread or simply ignorant of the conversation being had.

View PostYBSirius, on Mar 13 2016 - 14:32, said:

I got the tank because it had preferred matchmaking, didn't see above a tier 9.  Now it gets tier 10 matchmaking?  Where is the offer of moneyback since they made such a big change to the product?

Where does it say that?

saru_richard #55 Posted Mar 14 2016 - 07:32

Major

• -Players-
  • 26827 battles
  • [SUX] SUX
eh as long as i can pen that lower plate or blow it to hell in my M103 im good

pmdanie96 #56 Posted Mar 14 2016 - 16:38

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 44253 battles

View PostDeputy276, on Mar 13 2016 - 12:28, said:

So name some "other tanks" that WG would make a profit at in REAL MONEY by buffing? Because using gold or credits to buy tanks isn't making them a profit in REAL MONEY. And that list will be ALL Premium tanks, BTW, or it won't make any sense. Also, I am laughing that you think people are gonna switch from gold to AP and back, depending on each tank they encounter. For one thing, many tanks have reload times that would have you dead before you got the ammo switched. For another, with the wonderful RNG, many folks don't want to trust getting screwed out of doing damage or a kill. You can continue to hold your nose up in the air for memorizing the weak spots on hundreds of fantasy pixel tanks. Well done!! Gonna be a great benefit in the real world. Other folks will simply load gold and be more certain of actually penetrating those weak spots. Of course, you will get to piss and moan in game chat about someone "spamming gold". But you will be dead and most people will be ignoring you or telling you to "get over it". :)

I rarely use "gold" rounds to pen an IS-6. It is a rather easy tank to pen but I do use them if I am firing on the move sometimes. If you don't know where to pen it, that is your fault, not mine. You can try and troll me for having a memory that remembers many different things. It is one of the great traits that has made me very successful in business, thank you very much. Not really my fault your memory doesn't work that way. 

I also never complain about people using "gold" rounds as it is part of the game. Do I laugh when a tier X spends $25K in credits clipping a Tier VIII, absolutely. But, that is their call and part of the game. I don't b*tch and complain about it. People listen to me when I talk in chat for the most part. I actually had two other team players yelling at a teammate of ours in chat  last Friday because he was arguing with me during a match and the information he was proving was inaccurate and outdated. Those that want to learn and get better will listen to those better then them. That is how I have kept improving. Some, like yourself, will take a lot longer than others to improve.

The fact that you think anything you said makes any sense is hysterical. Every premium tank purchase makes them money irrespective of a buff or nerf. If you look at the few times that buffs have taken place, the number of tanks you see if that particular kind increases. Can I prove that more were purchased? No but, deductive reasoning would lead me believe that more have been purchased. Since I cannot look at WG's books, I cannot prove it. You keep tying and make relevant points failed on all fronts as you cannot prove anything you are suggesting.

The forums are here for everyone to use but I really suggest you find some information to back up your opinions before you start spewing out useless dribble.

zezowaty #57 Posted Mar 14 2016 - 17:05

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 25626 battles
Yeah I noticed that in order to take this out I got to load gold now! Good job improving the tank that was supposed to be removed from the game because of limited MM LOL. Make it indestructible!

Deputy276 #58 Posted Mar 14 2016 - 18:21

Major

• Players
  • 20403 battles
  • [3_NZ] 3_NZ

View Postpmdanie96, on Mar 14 2016 - 09:38, said:

I rarely use "gold" rounds to pen an IS-6. It is a rather easy tank to pen but I do use them if I am firing on the move sometimes. If you don't know where to pen it, that is your fault, not mine. You can try and troll me for having a memory that remembers many different things. It is one of the great traits that has made me very successful in business, thank you very much. Not really my fault your memory doesn't work that way. 

I also never complain about people using "gold" rounds as it is part of the game. Do I laugh when a tier X spends $25K in credits clipping a Tier VIII, absolutely. But, that is their call and part of the game. I don't b*tch and complain about it. People listen to me when I talk in chat for the most part. I actually had two other team players yelling at a teammate of ours in chat  last Friday because he was arguing with me during a match and the information he was proving was inaccurate and outdated. Those that want to learn and get better will listen to those better then them. That is how I have kept improving. Some, like yourself, will take a lot longer than others to improve.

The fact that you think anything you said makes any sense is hysterical. Every premium tank purchase makes them money irrespective of a buff or nerf. If you look at the few times that buffs have taken place, the number of tanks you see if that particular kind increases. Can I prove that more were purchased? No but, deductive reasoning would lead me believe that more have been purchased. Since I cannot look at WG's books, I cannot prove it. You keep tying and make relevant points failed on all fronts as you cannot prove anything you are suggesting.

The forums are here for everyone to use but I really suggest you find some information to back up your opinions before you start spewing out useless dribble.

I was NOT talking about OTHER tanks using gold rounds ON the IS-6. I was talking about the IS-6 using gold rounds ON OTHER TANKS. And also that most folks nowadays aren't going to switch back and forth from gold to AP because it is some kind of "embarrassment" to use gold. People are going to use what works for them. Period. Prem tanks IN THE PREM SHOP make WG money. Prem tanks bought with gold WON IN GAMES does NOT make them money. Think I will just ignore your posts. Arguing with urchins is non-productive. Play less WOT games and go do your homework. And try and learn some reading comprehension.

Strike_Witch_Tomoko #59 Posted Mar 14 2016 - 20:31

Major

• Players
  • 15574 battles

View PostDeputy276, on Mar 13 2016 - 13:04, said:

Last patch:

59-Patton:

* Penetration of the AP M318 shell for the 90 mm Gun M41 increased from 173 mm to 190 mm.

congratz. it gets 190 pen, it can now pen IS-6 driver hatch.  oh w8. nvm.  back to square 1.

meanwhile it still has a horrible tumor.

6EVIL9 #60 Posted Mar 15 2016 - 12:25

Corporal

• Players
  • 32313 battles
  • [OSSC] OSSC

Finally buff for IS-6, but i expected the buff for the gun. Like change gold round pen from 219 to 239 or something

that would be much more helpful, as IS-6 can do nothing against tier 9 heavies or tier 8 Jap heavy.

This buff is minor and only buffing drivers hatch which good player won't let you aim at anyway.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users