New Physics, Sound and More in Update 9.14!

• Please log in to reply
195 replies to this topic

sn0w_freak #21 Posted Mar 10 2016 - 01:40

Private

• -Players-
  • 238 battles

i cant get on to wot its starts like the same but it gets to the garage and closes wot can play would love to

:(

sn0w_freak #22 Posted Mar 10 2016 - 01:43

Private

• -Players-
  • 238 battles

nvm I got the game to work soo sorry for your time btw I love this game

devil_god #23 Posted Mar 10 2016 - 01:48

Sergeant

• Players
  • 23561 battles

Finally, there's an update that really updates the game instead of just making it look better or add more tanks (like we haven't got enough yet).

There's should more update like this that improve game play instead of visual... :angry:

stevezaxx #24 Posted Mar 10 2016 - 04:30

Captain

• Players
  • 39573 battles
  • [COD] COD

OK, WG has done one of 2 things WRONG.

Either they have 1: put a version onto live servers that is NOT the version currently on test (as they have done before).

or 2: Put mistaken info into the patch notes page (as they have done before).

re: the tier 2 tanks having limited modules. the US M2 Light has listed in the patch notes the .50 Caliber, and the 20mm guns only. on the current test server, it has the 37mm M5 ( its historic gun) plus those other two. On the patch notes page they show a chart of modules, below the following sentence "Tier II vehicles will have one module of each type: engine, gun, suspension, radio and turret." It is referring to upgrade modules, not stock ones, but the chart clearly contradicts that sentence in several respects 

I guess we will see tomorrow when it goes live which mistake WG has made again.

Edited by stevezaxx, Mar 10 2016 - 04:42.

saru_richard #25 Posted Mar 10 2016 - 04:54

Major

• -Players-
  • 26593 battles
  • [SUX] SUX
i can't wait to start drifting like an idiot..... in my heavies :teethhappy:

bravo9er #26 Posted Mar 10 2016 - 06:22

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 24938 battles

So is the Kanonenjagdpanzer being added to the tech tree for purchase in game with gold?  I don't see it mentioned in the release notes.

player2aj #27 Posted Mar 10 2016 - 09:52

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 30570 battles
  • [GROOT] GROOT
A 5 hour down time, and during the time I usually play. That's just great. Will be sending in a ticket because of this.

Scorpiany #28 Posted Mar 10 2016 - 09:58

Major

• Game Knowledge Expert
  • 36826 battles
  • [N1NJA] N1NJA

View Postplayer2aj, on Mar 10 2016 - 00:52, said:

A 5 hour down time, and during the time I usually play. That's just great. Will be sending in a ticket because of this.

Guess what, the downtime, regardless of when it's scheduled will affects most everyone's playtime. They chose the best time to do it, as midnight through 5 AM tends to be a rather quiet time since most people are sleeping at the time. Thus, it has the least impact on the smallest number of people.

[content moderated - non constructive/insults]
- Yshoneist

player2aj #29 Posted Mar 10 2016 - 10:03

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 30570 battles
  • [GROOT] GROOT

View PostScorpiany, on Mar 10 2016 - 03:58, said:

Guess what, the downtime, regardless of when it's scheduled will affects most everyone's playtime. They chose the best time to do it, as midnight through 5 AM tends to be a rather quiet time since most people are sleeping at the time. Thus, it has the least impact on the smallest number of people.

[content moderated - non constructive/personal attack]
- Yshoneist

War_Machine_ver_4 #30 Posted Mar 10 2016 - 10:49

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 53344 battles

Seeing a little bit of red aren't we War gamer?

The players?

The sales?

The game?

The player base that you have been so used to seeing on a regular basis is disappearing faster that that invisible tank that should been seen at less than 100 meters. The only reason for all of this is to keep up with the thorn that is constantly poking them in the sides for the last few months. *****

The only reason for this update is to keep up with the so-called physics of the tanks but really, that could have been done a long time ago so one has to ask, why are they now just doing this?

The answer is simply to try and keep up with the competition and not lose their player base. But I guess that is a good reason because really, war gamer has been losing a lot of its players to the newest in tank warfare gaming. They even introduce new tanks (miff!) just to keep the players interested. Moreover, they reintroduce old tanks because really their sales have seen a slight dip in the profits.  *******

So, really. Is this just another update that was needed or just a simple act of desperation?  

But if you really want to update something on this game to make it more interesting, how about adding in the feature that puts you into matches against players of equal skill, not just the tanks. All those who are average skill of 6 and below are tired of being put up against those that are just way too skilled for their own good and these average players need that progression to a higher skill level just like that of AW.

Nice playing with you!

[content moderated - discussing other games]
- Yshoneist

shelledshock #31 Posted Mar 10 2016 - 12:46

Private

• Players
  • 26744 battles
when are the servers suppose to be back on line?

Hawk_3rdTestBot_Regiment #32 Posted Mar 10 2016 - 13:29

Private

• Players
  • 28988 battles
It's all great, but when will the bloody NA server work again?

mlinke #33 Posted Mar 10 2016 - 13:42

Captain

• Players
  • 52827 battles
  • [DD-S] DD-S

View Postshelledshock, on Mar 10 2016 - 12:46, said:

when are the servers suppose to be back on line?

this

stalkervision #34 Posted Mar 10 2016 - 13:47

Major

• Players
  • 67379 battles

View PostScorpiany, on Mar 10 2016 - 03:58, said:

NA servers could be updated at night dude so your patently wrong.  *****

[content moderated - off topic/political]
- Yshoneist

stalkervision #35 Posted Mar 10 2016 - 13:48

Major

• Players
  • 67379 battles

View Postkjo19, on Mar 10 2016 - 04:49, said:

The players?

The sales?

The game?

The player base that you have been so used to seeing on a regular basis is disappearing faster that that invisible tank that should been seen at less than 100 meters. The only reason for all of this is to keep up with the thorn that is constantly poking them in the sides for the last few months. *****

The only reason for this update is to keep up with the so-called physics of the tanks but really, that could have been done a long time ago so one has to ask, why are they now just doing this?

The answer is simply to try and keep up with the competition and not lose their player base. But I guess that is a good reason because really, war gamer has been losing a lot of its players to the newest in tank warfare gaming. They even introduce new tanks (miff!) just to keep the players interested. Moreover, they reintroduce old tanks because really their sales have seen a slight dip in the profits. ******

So, really. Is this just another update that was needed or just a simple act of desperation?  

But if you really want to update something on this game to make it more interesting, how about adding in the feature that puts you into matches against players of equal skill, not just the tanks. All those who are average skill of 6 and below are tired of being put up against those that are just way too skilled for their own good and these average players need that progression to a higher skill level just like that of AW.

Nice playing with you!

Desperation of course ! :)

FullMetalZero12 #36 Posted Mar 10 2016 - 13:54

Private

• -Players-
  • 643 battles
So i live on Guam, what time would the live server be back up for me?

GadgetHackwrench #37 Posted Mar 10 2016 - 13:56

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 19024 battles
  • [-RIPT] -RIPT
I just hope this time the new update does not crash the Mac players as often as Overlord map did when first released.  Although it was entertaining to read all the hate mail from my teams when the battle ended.

mlinke #38 Posted Mar 10 2016 - 14:26

Captain

• Players
  • 52827 battles
  • [DD-S] DD-S
p

Edited by mlinke, Mar 10 2016 - 14:27.

supersolid #39 Posted Mar 10 2016 - 15:01

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 51168 battles
  • [DICE] DICE

My big complaint for 9.14 is the change to the GUI for audio settings. It actually has fewer options than the current GUI on the NA server.  The current GUI has seven separate volume settings, General volume, Music, Voice Messages, Vehicle, Effects, Interface and Ambience.  The new GUI has only six separate volume settings, General volume, Music, Vehicle, Effects, Interface/Notifications and Ambiance.  The ability to adjust voice message volume is now lumped in with the Interface and Notifications sound volume, this despite the claim on the WOT website that we would get new advanced options to customize our sound experience.    

This is a problem for me personally because I like to turn off all voice messages (I find them distracting), but If I do I also lose all interface and notification sounds. Not good, I don't like this change. I think many other players will not be happy with this settings change.

Edited by supersolid, Mar 10 2016 - 15:09.

Doomslinger #40 Posted Mar 10 2016 - 15:11

Major

• Players
  • 72273 battles

View Postkjo19, on Mar 10 2016 - 05:49, said:

The players?

The sales?

The game?

The player base that you have been so used to seeing on a regular basis is disappearing faster that that invisible tank that should been seen at less than 100 meters. The only reason for all of this is to keep up with the thorn that is constantly poking them in the sides for the last few months. ******

The answer is simply to try and keep up with the competition and not lose their player base. But I guess that is a good reason because really, war gamer has been losing a lot of its players to the newest in tank warfare gaming. They even introduce new tanks (miff!) just to keep the players interested. Moreover, they reintroduce old tanks because really their sales have seen a slight dip in the profits. ******

Nice playing with you!

It isn't any better in AW.  It's worse in some cases. They are having problems with long que times, some as long as 4 minutes to start a PvP battle and then there is the server population that is smaller than WOT and is not growing like you say.  Players here whine about wanting skilled based mm and then go play AW which does factor skill into the mm and they still complain either way. About the only thing better is the PvE mode but that gets boring real fast.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users