How to create voice mods (9.14 version and onward)

• Please log in to reply
171 replies to this topic

JA_Pinkerton #61 Posted Mar 15 2016 - 17:39

Major

• Players
  • 33474 battles

View PostMajorRenegade, on Mar 14 2016 - 13:07, said:

well Alsian modpack now have the option to replace your sixth sense sound

I installed a 6th sense sound with Aslain's last night.  Didn't work.  Still get the vanilla BZZZzzzt not Szarik's bark.  *sigh*

I did however switch out the Merak MB5H for a pair of Camber L77 on the gaming PC.  The difference is night and day.  The Cambers have enough definition and low end that the new sounds rumble and grunt like I suspect WG intented.

The problem is those Cambers can't stay there.  I'm going to have to shuffle speakers around until I find something small enough but will still make WoT sound acceptable.

Edited by JA_Pinkerton, Mar 15 2016 - 17:39.

MajorRenegade #62 Posted Mar 15 2016 - 18:11

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 30395 battles

View PostJA_Pinkerton, on Mar 15 2016 - 09:39, said:

I installed a 6th sense sound with Aslain's last night.  Didn't work.  Still get the vanilla BZZZzzzt not Szarik's bark.  *sigh*

I did however switch out the Merak MB5H for a pair of Camber L77 on the gaming PC.  The difference is night and day.  The Cambers have enough definition and low end that the new sounds rumble and grunt like I suspect WG intented.

The problem is those Cambers can't stay there.  I'm going to have to shuffle speakers around until I find something small enough but will still make WoT sound acceptable.

that sound like aslain made an error, you should report that in his thread. Also you must have xvm installed for sixth sense to work

Well here is my direct link

http://www.mediafire.com/download/59oge9155zaeg9c/Dog_bark_sixth_sense.zip

unzip the folder and drop the res_mods folder into your Worldoftanks folder

Then go to the Szarik folder inside the mod you just unzip. Pick a version that you like and copy the sixthsense.bnk for that version.

Then paste it in Worldoftanks/res_mods/9.14/audioww folder

audio file is included(So you can listen to each one and make your pick)

NoBoss #63 Posted Mar 15 2016 - 20:58

Corporal

• Players
  • 426 battles

yo yo yoooo look at what the guys on EU found

apparently you can create everything in WWISE as long as you have the event names (which you can dig out from config files)

http://forum.worldof...1#entry12241631

Karvalegoff #64 Posted Mar 15 2016 - 21:41

Corporal

• Players
  • 42282 battles
  • [V--S] V--S

View PostMajorRenegade, on Mar 13 2016 - 00:29, said:

And.... I just found out how to replace the Sixth Sense sound. But gonna to wait till tomorrow to fully test it

edit: ok I just tested it. I replaced it with Pinkiesense sound and it worked like a charm

Go to this thread and download one of his sixth sense mod.

http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/558529-0914-sixth-sense-sounds/

Then use the guide here in this thread to replace the sixth sense sound in Sixthsense.bnk file that come with the mod(you must have xvm installed for this to work). It will be easy as hell since you're replacing 1 sound.

now I don't have to listen to that annoying sixthsense ping sound that WG have

I can't get it to work, I manage to get the wwise stuff done and generate .wem files, I use the soundmod program you linked and an already made 6th sense, but I can't seem to get my audio into the output sixthsense.bnk it just puts the original 6th audio back in, could you detail the final steps for the output file, do I leave the original 6th bnk file in the root dir of soundmod? do I delete the bank_streams folder from the file soundmod created? where do I put the wem files and the modified data file to create the proper output sixthsense.bnk ?    I love it how modders have already gotten this far on the new sound structure, keep being awesome!

MajorRenegade #65 Posted Mar 15 2016 - 22:07

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 30395 battles

View PostKarvalegoff, on Mar 15 2016 - 13:41, said:

I can't get it to work, I manage to get the wwise stuff done and generate .wem files, I use the soundmod program you linked and an already made 6th sense, but I can't seem to get my audio into the output sixthsense.bnk it just puts the original 6th audio back in, could you detail the final steps for the output file, do I leave the original 6th bnk file in the root dir of soundmod? do I delete the bank_streams folder from the file soundmod created? where do I put the wem files and the modified data file to create the proper output sixthsense.bnk ?    I love it how modders have already gotten this far on the new sound structure, keep being awesome!

just unpack the sixthsense.bnk that you get from one of the downloads in the link.

Then put your own .wem sixth sense file into the soundmod/sixthsense folder(Do not put it in soundmod/sixthsense/bank_streams)

Next enter the full file name in data.txt.  So it look like this 010dddf5=randomname.wem#

then repack it by clicking soundfileditor.exe

it should work

Edited by MajorRenegade, Mar 15 2016 - 22:09.

Karvalegoff #66 Posted Mar 15 2016 - 23:01

Corporal

• Players
  • 42282 battles
  • [V--S] V--S
thx for the reply, I think I finally got 1 to work, do you know if I it's possible to take a data file with 1 sound and add multiple sounds to it? I had a 6th sense that had multiple random quotes working last patch, dunno if it's possible this patch, thx for your help!

NoBoss #67 Posted Mar 15 2016 - 23:26

Corporal

• Players
  • 426 battles

View PostKarvalegoff, on Mar 15 2016 - 22:01, said:

thx for the reply, I think I finally got 1 to work, do you know if I it's possible to take a data file with 1 sound and add multiple sounds to it? I had a 6th sense that had multiple random quotes working last patch, dunno if it's possible this patch, thx for your help!

it totally is, create a wwise project, create a random container, pack your audio files inside the container, add a play event for the container and name it "lightbulb", add the event into the soundbank, generate, enjoy.

Karvalegoff #68 Posted Mar 16 2016 - 00:29

Corporal

• Players
  • 42282 battles
  • [V--S] V--S

View PostNoBoss, on Mar 15 2016 - 22:26, said:

it totally is, create a wwise project, create a random container, pack your audio files inside the container, add a play event for the container and name it "lightbulb", add the event into the soundbank, generate, enjoy.

that's what I have been doing, nothing seems to work, I keep getting 1kb sounbank files and a bunch of .wem's

NoBoss #69 Posted Mar 16 2016 - 00:37

Corporal

• Players
  • 426 battles

View PostKarvalegoff, on Mar 15 2016 - 23:29, said:

that's what I have been doing, nothing seems to work, I keep getting 1kb sounbank files and a bunch of .wem's

compare your project with the sample screenshot in the EU thread:

Spoiler

Karvalegoff #70 Posted Mar 16 2016 - 01:08

Corporal

• Players
  • 42282 battles
  • [V--S] V--S

View PostNoBoss, on Mar 15 2016 - 23:37, said:

compare your project with the sample screenshot in the EU thread:

Spoiler

so I re-traced my steps to see what I'm doing wrong, I think the problem was I was dragging the containers + all the sounds into the soundbank and it was causing problems, so I tried with just the container and I now get sounds playing, however, I get 2 of the sound files play at the same time overtop each other when 6th goes off. I appreciate all the help you guys have been giving!

Edited by Karvalegoff, Mar 16 2016 - 01:08.

NoBoss #71 Posted Mar 16 2016 - 01:10

Corporal

• Players
  • 426 battles

View PostKarvalegoff, on Mar 16 2016 - 00:08, said:

so I re-traced my steps to see what I'm doing wrong, I think the problem was I was dragging the containers + all the sounds into the soundbank and it was causing problems, so I tried with just the container and I now get sounds playing, however, I get 2 of the sound files play at the same time overtop each other when 6th goes off. I appreciate all the help you guys have been giving!

you should drag only the container's EVENT into the soundbank

JA_Pinkerton #72 Posted Mar 16 2016 - 03:36

Major

• Players
  • 33474 battles

View PostMajorRenegade, on Mar 15 2016 - 12:11, said:

that sound like aslain made an error, you should report that in his thread. Also you must have xvm installed for sixth sense to work

Well here is my direct link

http://www.mediafire.com/download/59oge9155zaeg9c/Dog_bark_sixth_sense.zip

unzip the folder and drop the res_mods folder into your Worldoftanks folder

Then go to the Szarik folder inside the mod you just unzip. Pick a version that you like and copy the sixthsense.bnk for that version.

Then paste it in Worldoftanks/res_mods/9.14/audioww folder

audio file is included(So you can listen to each one and make your pick)

Aslain's didn't install any of the files in your .zip though it did create audioww.

I followed your instructions and now it works.  Thank you very much.

MajorRenegade #73 Posted Mar 16 2016 - 04:50

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 30395 battles

View PostJA_Pinkerton, on Mar 15 2016 - 19:36, said:

Aslain's didn't install any of the files in your .zip though it did create audioww.

I followed your instructions and now it works.  Thank you very much.

I just used Aslain installer to install the sixth sense that way. And it seem that the sixth sense sound was being installed into the wrong folder. So therefore making it appear it don't work.

I;m sure Aslain till fix it once he realize the mistake he made

marcomawerick #74 Posted Mar 16 2016 - 16:10

Private

• -Players-
  • 0 battles

Hi,

where I'm wrong?

I replaced using the same name, all the 317 files contained in the bank_streams/cleaned , with 317 new one traslate in my language (italian), and follow the rocedur,but I receive a error message:seems that too many files are used....but I used all the files contained in the original directory.

Please, could you help me?

Probably becouse I'm using the evaluation program?

RIght...only 200 files are permitted with the evaluation .....and now?

So...but at this point ..all the 317 files are necessary to permit the game to be played with the sound, or I can replace just 200?

Thank you in advance.

marco

Attached Files

• Attached File   ERROR.png   29.13K

Edited by marcomawerick, Mar 16 2016 - 16:17.

MajorRenegade #75 Posted Mar 16 2016 - 16:15

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 30395 battles

View Postmarcomawerick, on Mar 16 2016 - 08:10, said:

Hi,

where I'm wrong?

I replaced using the same name, all the 317 files contained in the bank_streams/cleaned , with 317 new one traslate in my language (italian), and follow the rocedur,but I receive a error message:seems that too many files are used....but I used all the files contained in the original directory.

Please, could you help me?

Probably becouse I'm using the evaluation program?

Thank you in advance.

marco

you're just using wwise to create new .wem files. Not the final .bnk file

Just do 100 wem at a time till you convert all 317(200 is max at a time). Then once you're done, put them in the soundmod/voiceover folder. (look at step 3 again)

Edited by MajorRenegade, Mar 16 2016 - 16:17.

juhaas #76 Posted Mar 16 2016 - 16:35

Captain

• Players
  • 37423 battles

View Postmarcomawerick, on Mar 16 2016 - 10:10, said:

So...but at this point ..all the 317 files are necessary to permit the game to be played with the sound, or I can replace just 200?

Thank you in advance.

marco

If you are doing your own new sound bank, you can limit the (new) bank to 200 files and the game will play just fine. The key thing is to have all events present in the sound bank, but some events which you don't give a toss about can be left empty.

If you're only replacing files in existing sound bank you do what MajorRenegade said

Karvalegoff #77 Posted Mar 16 2016 - 21:55

Corporal

• Players
  • 42282 battles
  • [V--S] V--S
I can't figure out how to stop 2 sounds playing at once in a multi sound 6th sense

MajorRenegade #78 Posted Mar 16 2016 - 22:03

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 30395 battles

View PostKarvalegoff, on Mar 16 2016 - 13:55, said:

I can't figure out how to stop 2 sounds playing at once in a multi sound 6th sense

Which is why I only put a single audio sound into the sixthsense.bnk for now. Still trying to figure out that part

Edited by MajorRenegade, Mar 16 2016 - 22:03.

Karvalegoff #79 Posted Mar 16 2016 - 23:26

Corporal

• Players
  • 42282 battles
  • [V--S] V--S

View PostMajorRenegade, on Mar 16 2016 - 21:03, said:

Which is why I only put a single audio sound into the sixthsense.bnk for now. Still trying to figure out that part

figured it out!

1.   open wwise, new project, name it

2.   click top left "project", go to project settings/general  untick "add action name" then click the source settings tab, set default conversion settings to vorbis quality high

3.   right click Default work unit under actor-mixer hierarchy, choose "New Child"/random container, then name it.

4.   on the project explorer workspace, click "sharesets" go to conversion setting/vorbis, double click vorbis quality high, slide quality to 6 then close the conversion settings editor box.

5.   in the random container settings workspace (top right side) "general settings" tab, playtype box, I switched to shuffle and "unchecked avoid repeating last" then, find the advanced settings tab, "playback limt" box, check "limit sound instances to" box and set it to 1 per game object.

6.   back to the project explorer workspace, right click the random container you named, and import your audio files

7.   right click your named container again, select "new event" then play.

8.   click layouts on the top and select sound bank

9   in the soundbank manager workspace select new, then name your new soundbank. then click the + symbol next to Default work unit to expand the tree and show your named soundbank.

10.   from the project explorer workspace drag your named container (and only the container, not the audio files as well) to the soundbank manager workspace onto your named soundbank. you'll see it get added to the bottom right workspace (soundbank editor)

11.   in the soundbank workspace put a check in default work unit and also check the box in platorm and language.

12.   click generate then find your new soundbank file in generatedsoundbanks/windows folder.

try that and see if it works for you.  

MajorRenegade #80 Posted Mar 16 2016 - 23:29

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 30395 battles

View PostKarvalegoff, on Mar 16 2016 - 15:26, said:

figured it out!

1.   open wwise, new project, name it

2.   click top left "project", go to project settings/general  untick "add action name" then click the source settings tab, set default conversion settings to vorbis quality high

3.   right click Default work unit under actor-mixer hierarchy, choose "New Child"/random container, then name it.

4.   on the project explorer workspace, click "sharesets" go to conversion setting/vorbis, double click vorbis quality high, slide quality to 6 then close the conversion settings editor box.

5.   in the random container settings workspace (top right side) "general settings" tab, playtype box, I switched to shuffle and "unchecked avoid repeating last" then, find the advanced settings tab, "playback limt" box, check "limit sound instances to" box and set it to 1 per game object.

6.   back to the project explorer workspace, right click the random container you named, and import your audio files

7.   right click your named container again, select "new event" then play.

8.   click layouts on the top and select sound bank

9   in the soundbank manager workspace select new, then name your new soundbank. then click the + symbol next to Default work unit to expand the tree and show your named soundbank.

10.   from the project explorer workspace drag your named container (and only the container, not the audio files as well) to the soundbank manager workspace onto your named soundbank. you'll see it get added to the bottom right workspace (soundbank editor)

11.   in the soundbank workspace put a check in default work unit and also check the box in platorm and language.

12.   click generate then find your new soundbank file in generatedsoundbanks/windows folder.

try that and see if it works for you.  

Will try that later. I still got about 5 sixth sense to convert since they contain 3-5 voices

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users