How to create voice mods (9.14 version and onward)

• Please log in to reply
171 replies to this topic

Chr0m3Chaos #81 Posted Mar 17 2016 - 13:04

Corporal

• Players
  • 11996 battles
  • [EAGL3] EAGL3
Okay, I've gone through all of the steps successfully for the Wwise modding, but once I create the .wem files at the end, all of the files are renamed to something crazy like "1036608260.wem." Is there any way I can convert the .wav files in Wwise to .wem without them being "auto-labeled" like that once you click "Generate?":mellow:

MajorRenegade #82 Posted Mar 17 2016 - 16:29

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 30395 battles

View PostChr0m3Chaos, on Mar 17 2016 - 05:04, said:

Okay, I've gone through all of the steps successfully for the Wwise modding, but once I create the .wem files at the end, all of the files are renamed to something crazy like "1036608260.wem." Is there any way I can convert the .wav files in Wwise to .wem without them being "auto-labeled" like that once you click "Generate?":mellow:

I'm afraid not....maybe someone might be able to figure it out sooner or later. It seem the random numbers at the end is by default and I wish i knew how to stop it from doing this

NoBoss #83 Posted Mar 17 2016 - 18:50

Corporal

• Players
  • 426 battles

View PostMajorRenegade, on Mar 17 2016 - 15:29, said:

I'm afraid not....maybe someone might be able to figure it out sooner or later. It seem the random numbers at the end is by default and I wish i knew how to stop it from doing this

I wonder when you guys will stop pretending this is WOWS and actually take a look at what people have been doing on the EU, God forbid the RU, servers.

Seriously, there is no need for all this messing around with binary .bnks and .wems - you can generate soundbanks for anything with Wwise, the event names are in plaintext in the game's config files, and if you want to replace just a few sounds, it's enough to only put those events in the soundbank, because events loaded from res_mods/audioww will take precedence.

MajorRenegade #84 Posted Mar 17 2016 - 18:52

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 30395 battles

View PostNoBoss, on Mar 17 2016 - 10:50, said:

I wonder when you guys will stop pretending this is WOWS and actually take a look at what people have been doing on the EU, God forbid the RU, servers.

Seriously, there is no need for all this messing around with binary .bnks and .wems - you can generate soundbanks for anything with Wwise, the event names are in plaintext in the game's config files, and if you want to replace just a few sounds, it's enough to only put those events in the soundbank, because events loaded from res_mods/audioww will take precedence.

only if you're willing to make a 200 voice sound bank. Who pretending, what make you think I am? Wait, I'm I getting chewed out for sharing a guide that was useful to people? And yes, I been reading EU forum(saw lots of useful info there. but again, The 200 sound limit problem) and I not gonna to waste my time translating post by post on RU forum. So Good luck

Edited by MajorRenegade, Mar 17 2016 - 19:00.

NoBoss #85 Posted Mar 17 2016 - 19:00

Corporal

• Players
  • 426 battles

View PostMajorRenegade, on Mar 17 2016 - 17:52, said:

only if you're willing to make a 200 voice sound bank. Who pretending, what make you think I am? Wait, I'm I getting chewed out for sharing a guide that was useful to people? And yes, I been read EU forum and I not gonna to waste my time translating post by post on RU forum. So Good luck

Try reading it again: "and if you want to replace just a few sounds, it's enough to only put those events in the soundbank, because events loaded from res_mods/audioww will take precedence."

there's a post on the EU thread, where it turned out that adding a lightbulb event into a modded bnk file will overwrite the lightbulb event in the gui.bnk file without having to recreate the entire gui.bnk file

MajorRenegade #86 Posted Mar 17 2016 - 19:03

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 30395 battles

It sound like you're trying to be aggressive toward me and it really bugs me. So I not gonna to read any more of your replys and will keep in mind of other ways to do this. So for now, this is my way. Don't like it? to bad

added to ignore

juhaas #87 Posted Mar 17 2016 - 19:51

Captain

• Players
  • 37464 battles

View PostNoBoss, on Mar 17 2016 - 13:00, said:

turned out that adding a lightbulb event into a modded bnk file will overwrite the lightbulb event in the gui.bnk file without having to recreate the entire gui.bnk file

Technically that is true, but what (at least to my knowledge) happens is that in fact the events are not overlaid from modded files, modded files replace original files. So yes, you can create a lightbulb event only in gui.bnk but all other (ignored) events will be gone. I could be wrong but I've been at it for quite a while now and it appears so. The exception appears voiceover.bnk which will overlay some but not other events found in other bnk files (like gui.bnk). lightbulb is one such event.

cable12 #88 Posted Mar 17 2016 - 21:58

Corporal

• Players
  • 22181 battles
Un verdadero trabajo para conocedores,,,, lastima que yo no tengo la capacidad o destreza,, muero por oír de nuevo a Duke Nukem.. el malhablado.... en vez tengo que oír a los minions, jejeje Excelente labor la que has realizado aquí. ojala pudieras editar a duke nukem.. lo uso desde que fue beta abierta el wot..bueno meses después.  Sigue asi. gran trabajo!! 

Chr0m3Chaos #89 Posted Mar 18 2016 - 02:18

Corporal

• Players
  • 11996 battles
  • [EAGL3] EAGL3

MajorRenegade

Well, I'll just have to knuckle down and go through the .txt files and rename them one by one. Thanks for the reply though,  I appreciate your guide very much! 

NiseriuS #90 Posted Mar 18 2016 - 09:39

Private

• -Players-
  • 97 battles
  • [NASU] NASU

View PostChr0m3Chaos, on Mar 18 2016 - 02:18, said:

Well, I'll just have to knuckle down and go through the .txt files and rename them one by one. Thanks for the reply though,  I appreciate your guide very much! 

i did same mistake but i read instructions again and: Step 3: Repacking your new voiceover.bnk  2. Ok find your .wem files you just created. (mine was stored in Documents/WwiseProjects/(your project name)/.cache/Windows/SFX folder), also you can use a Multi-rename-tool to remove from ex. 00c8d9aa_5BEAF6AD.wem termination (_5BEAF6AD) as is the same for all files in SFX (i did half of my files manually before i find the SFX folder).    Thanks for your guide MajorRenegade         

Edited by NiseriuS, Mar 18 2016 - 09:43.

Chr0m3Chaos #91 Posted Mar 19 2016 - 21:03

Corporal

• Players
  • 11996 battles
  • [EAGL3] EAGL3

View PostNiseriuS, on Mar 18 2016 - 08:39, said:

i did same mistake but i read instructions again and: Step 3: Repacking your new voiceover.bnk  2. Ok find your .wem files you just created. (mine was stored in Documents/WwiseProjects/(your project name)/.cache/Windows/SFX folder), also you can use a Multi-rename-tool to remove from ex. 00c8d9aa_5BEAF6AD.wem termination (_5BEAF6AD) as is the same for all files in SFX (i did half of my files manually before i find the SFX folder).    Thanks for your guide MajorRenegade         

Oh! Yes, I just checked the .cache folder and sure enough, there they are! Thanks Niseriu S, I guess I need to learn to pay more attention :facepalm:

FrozenKemp #92 Posted Mar 19 2016 - 23:37

Major

• Players
  • 54247 battles
  • [8ARMY] 8ARMY

Major kudos to everyone who's contributed so far!

I just came back to the game and am trying to make a music mod.

I know that maaaaybe not all the information is available about what the music events are, but based on some posts I saw, there are map-specific events like music_<mapname>, music_victory, music_defeat etc

I've used wwise to make a sound bank, but I'm not sure whether the game is loading the file at all (or I have the event names wrong).  I unpacked audioww.pkg and I see that there's ExternalMusicSources.bnk and .pkg.  Should I just name my bnk file that?

edit:

I double-checked that I had only dragged the events into the sound bank, and I made sure to generate the file as ExternalMusicSources.bnk.  Put it in audioww...

Title screen, and the Battlefield 1942 theme starts up!

Edited by FrozenKemp, Mar 19 2016 - 23:49.

RageOvSparta #93 Posted Mar 20 2016 - 00:34

Corporal

• Players
  • 14500 battles
  • [-OGR-] -OGR-
This last step is freaking brutal... but it has to be done. I hope they don't change the format from now on. Just hope I didn't mess anything up and it works. Thanks for this guide, WoT just isn't the same without my MW2 and MOH voices. Hearing the pre-puberty "penetration" is kind of the worst noise on the planet.

Edited by RageOvSparta, Mar 20 2016 - 00:36.

NyanDora_Mech_Tank #94 Posted Mar 20 2016 - 03:09

Private

• -Players-
  • 0 battles

I heard that the normal version of WWise only allow us to use 200 sound files, is that true? I've worried about this since when i realized that there are more than 300 sound files in voiceover.bnk. 

Just to make sure that i dont waste too much time on renaming 300 flies and then I can't create the mod after that.

And if it's true, how to solve this problem? Does that mean we have to delete some events in the voiceover,bnk? 

Chr0m3Chaos #95 Posted Mar 20 2016 - 12:14

Corporal

• Players
  • 11996 battles
  • [EAGL3] EAGL3

View PostNyanDora_Mech_Tank, on Mar 20 2016 - 02:09, said:

I heard that the normal version of WWise only allow us to use 200 sound files, is that true? I've worried about this since when i realized that there are more than 300 sound files in voiceover.bnk. 

Just to make sure that i dont waste too much time on renaming 300 flies and then I can't create the mod after that.

And if it's true, how to solve this problem? Does that mean we have to delete some events in the voiceover,bnk? 

No, you don't have to sacrifice any files and yes, the file limit of 200 you've heard is true. The fix is simple though. As MajorRenegade said, you must simply do your 317 voice files in batches. I just split mine up in 3 folders and did 1 folder at a time. This is not the finished mod. 

When I didn't do this at first, I kept getting the "Fatal Error" message until I saw MajorRenegade's answer to somebody's question prior to this. Good luck! 

djurka79 #96 Posted Mar 20 2016 - 12:38

Private

• -Players-
  • 0 battles

MajorRenegade Really I need your help.

1. I learned from "audioww.pkg" file "gun_reload.bnk"

2. With the help of soundmod I learned files "stream"

3. when you try to convert them to "Ogg" using "convert2ogg", I get an error "parse error: riff truncated"

With what it can be connected? what to do?

MajorRenegade #97 Posted Mar 20 2016 - 16:16

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 30395 battles

View Postdjurka79, on Mar 20 2016 - 04:38, said:

MajorRenegade Really I need your help.

1. I learned from "audioww.pkg" file "gun_reload.bnk"

2. With the help of soundmod I learned files "stream"

3. when you try to convert them to "Ogg" using "convert2ogg", I get an error "parse error: riff truncated"

With what it can be connected? what to do?

Ya, it showing the same for me when I decided to mess around with engine sounds. So for now, I really don't know how to get around that problem. It could be protected, who knows.

try this thread, maybe someone might be able to help you

http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/557859-sound-voice-mods-in-914/#topmost

FrozenKemp #98 Posted Mar 21 2016 - 05:39

Major

• Players
  • 54247 battles
  • [8ARMY] 8ARMY

Does anyone have a line on working with the PCK files?  (Note to self... maybe check the WoWS forum?)

I have been struggling with my music mod.  I am just making a new BNK file currently.  Some tracks don't play.  I'm convinced that the game has a pretty limited amount of memory available for music - and that the BNK file is loaded into memory at all times, but if the tracks won't fit into the amount of memory available, they just don't get loaded and don't play.  So for instance right now the desert maps are supposed to play the Rat Patrol theme but don't.  Alphabetically "Rat" is close to the end of my track list, so I really suspect that the files are getting loaded alphabetically and it just runs out of room. 

I also suspect that the PCK files are not always kept loaded in memory but parts of them are loaded as needed.  That would be why the official ExternalMusicSources.pck file is 186MB and the bnk is tiny.  I could make a WAY better music mod if I could figure this out. 

Edited by FrozenKemp, Mar 21 2016 - 05:40.

Lycan_Knight #99 Posted Mar 21 2016 - 08:35

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 13494 battles
  • [IKU] IKU

this works great for basic mods but what if you have multiple for the same comment? for instance i've got 10 voice clips for fire conditions (extinguished and ignited on your own tank) but there's only 1 i can see of that comments about your tank being on fire. how would you go about adding multiple for this instance to create a randomized choice to make a more diverse sound mod for various conditions?.....

this is why i'm disgusted with them turning away from Fmod. was so much easier to deal with this stuff.

Edited by Lycan_Knight, Mar 21 2016 - 08:37.

FrozenKemp #100 Posted Mar 21 2016 - 13:12

Major

• Players
  • 54247 battles
  • [8ARMY] 8ARMY

Regarding pck files, I figured it out by reading WWise documentation.  (Gasp!)

Pck files contain one or more sound banks.  There is a tool that comes with WWise to create pck files from your sound banks once you make them.

For ExternalMusicSources.pck it is sufficient to just create a package including the Init and ExternalMusicSources bnk files that get created when you generate sound banks. I made sure Default File Assignments were set to my pck.

In the 0.9.14\audioww folder all you need to put to replace the music is ExternalMusicSources.pck.

Edited by FrozenKemp, Mar 21 2016 - 13:13.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users