Jump to content


Medium Throwdown 1v1!

Medium Throwdown 1v1 me bro Tier 8 Gold

46 replies to this topic

Cornish_Pirate #21 Posted Mar 14 2016 - 22:45

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 39245 battles
  • 911
  • Member since:
    04-26-2011
love the 1v1 tournaments, they are worth doing, also because i live in england the time is was on during the day was great (9pm instead of the 2am matches)

GhostOps21 #22 Posted Mar 15 2016 - 00:22

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 8959 battles
  • 374
  • [COLD1] COLD1
  • Member since:
    04-20-2011
Would love to see more of these Dance! I sadly had something come up Saturday morning and had no-shows, but my clanmates definitely enjoyed it.

Shadow905 #23 Posted May 09 2016 - 15:47

    Private

  • Players
  • 49909 battles
  • 2
  • [-RUN-] -RUN-
  • Member since:
    10-09-2013
What wins in Mittengard, speed or armour?

BUNNYHUGGERI #24 Posted May 11 2016 - 14:57

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 58622 battles
  • 680
  • [HARM] HARM
  • Member since:
    04-01-2015
yes

BullDawg1942 #25 Posted May 11 2016 - 22:07

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 21024 battles
  • 115
  • Member since:
    05-14-2011
Tank marvels?? Saw the super Pershing comment ..what a  #@%#$   r u a noob,  or a man??? Get one Or die by one,,thats the REAL option,,its all back to the KV-1S  big gun NERF ,,,all the sissy whinners that didnt have one, got killed by one, didnt grind for one all died on the dooprsteps of WOT and got the tank NERFED,,, well get one or die by one ,same and equal opportunity for every player in the game,,,

Hot_Togs #26 Posted May 14 2016 - 03:16

    Private

  • Players
  • 6947 battles
  • 8
  • Member since:
    01-28-2013
what's the up with US 1 and US 2 server? is one east and one west and if so which one is which

Major_Nick_Fury #27 Posted May 14 2016 - 20:08

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 39755 battles
  • 23
  • Member since:
    06-03-2012
first I would like to say I really like these tournaments they are fun. Now to the topic at hand I am in the 1 vs 1 and I have a personal rating of 4996 and there are players in my bracket with a rating of 8589 what chance do I have against him? there are guys that are rated at 1598. why not just give the gold to him and let the rest of us have fun. In my opinion there is no chance to win and he will win it all. is that what World of Tanks do? create these games but then places high rated players with lower rated players so they are a sure winner?

dance210 #28 Posted May 14 2016 - 20:46

    Community Specialist

  • -Players-
  • 24320 battles
  • 4,451
  • [D4NCE] D4NCE
  • Member since:
    05-31-2012

View PostMajor_Nick_Fury, on May 14 2016 - 12:08, said:

first I would like to say I really like these tournaments they are fun. Now to the topic at hand I am in the 1 vs 1 and I have a personal rating of 4996 and there are players in my bracket with a rating of 8589 what chance do I have against him? there are guys that are rated at 1598. why not just give the gold to him and let the rest of us have fun. In my opinion there is no chance to win and he will win it all. is that what World of Tanks do? create these games but then places high rated players with lower rated players so they are a sure winner?

 

Groups are created randomly and do not look at personal rating. That means that yes, you could end up with player(s) with a higher personal rating, win rate, WN8, etc. than you or you could end up with player(s) that are lower. That's what makes it random seeding for the group stages. Remember, just because you face someone with better stats does NOT mean that they will automatically win. The winner is decided by the tanks used, player skill, strategy...a bunch of different factors :)

nekojima #29 Posted May 14 2016 - 21:02

    Captain

  • Players
  • 40276 battles
  • 1,486
  • Member since:
    09-05-2012

Also unfortunately (sometimes) a lot of players are no-shows, so you may still get tech wins against the better WN8 players, as well as lower WN8.

 



DrScubaSteve #30 Posted May 14 2016 - 21:16

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 16831 battles
  • 33
  • [GRIMY] GRIMY
  • Member since:
    03-30-2012

Where do I go to report someone?

 

Nvm I found it

 


Edited by DrScubaSteve, May 14 2016 - 21:37.


donalson99 #31 Posted May 14 2016 - 21:33

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 28435 battles
  • 2,658
  • Member since:
    08-19-2014
3 no shows so far... last time I did this tourney I was the no show (TD week)... didn't show and still won 100 gold (so many no shows meant the last however many all tied)...

Cornish_Pirate #32 Posted May 14 2016 - 22:04

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 39245 battles
  • 911
  • Member since:
    04-26-2011
So in my group (52) there are 6 no shows and they all would have got 150 gold if one of the people who was showing up and not missed a game giving 1 no show 5th place and the other 5 6th place, it's worth entering these tournaments and not showing up because you always get gold

Edited by Cornish_Pirate, May 14 2016 - 22:04.


Slayer_Jesse #33 Posted May 14 2016 - 22:04

    Major

  • Players
  • 26980 battles
  • 9,135
  • [SAKU] SAKU
  • Member since:
    08-31-2013
crap... my phone alarm didn't go off for this :( sorry for the no show.

lbgsloan #34 Posted May 14 2016 - 22:20

    Major

  • Players
  • 21116 battles
  • 3,377
  • Member since:
    04-01-2012

Tournament is called 'Medium Throwdown 1v1!'

And two people still manage to bring IS-3s.



Cornish_Pirate #35 Posted May 14 2016 - 22:27

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 39245 battles
  • 911
  • Member since:
    04-26-2011

View PostCornish_Pirate, on May 14 2016 - 21:04, said:

So in my group (52) there are 6 no shows and they all would have got 150 gold if one of the people who was showing up and not missed a game giving 1 no show 5th place and the other 5 6th place, it's worth entering these tournaments and not showing up because you always get gold

 

Dance you need to start punishing people for no shows, 650 gold was payed out to people in my group who did not play a single game whilst there will be groups where all 10 people played and the people finishing 8/9/10 got no gold. Why should people who dont play any battles get more than people who do?

lbgsloan #36 Posted May 14 2016 - 22:36

    Major

  • Players
  • 21116 battles
  • 3,377
  • Member since:
    04-01-2012

View PostCornish_Pirate, on May 14 2016 - 16:27, said:

 

Dance you need to start punishing people for no shows, 650 gold was payed out to people in my group who did not play a single game whilst there will be groups where all 10 people played and the people finishing 8/9/10 got no gold. Why should people who dont play any battles get more than people who do?

 

I agree, I had 6 no shows one tournament.  The 3 people who actually played were guaranteed 300-500 gold pretty much for showing up.  If you no show an entire tournament without any attempt to PM an organizer to remove you before the tournament starts, you should be barred from entering tournaments for 2-4 weeks or something along those lines.

Cornish_Pirate #37 Posted May 14 2016 - 23:07

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 39245 battles
  • 911
  • Member since:
    04-26-2011

View Postlbgsloan, on May 14 2016 - 21:36, said:

 

I agree, I had 6 no shows one tournament.  The 3 people who actually played were guaranteed 300-500 gold pretty much for showing up.  If you no show an entire tournament without any attempt to PM an organizer to remove you before the tournament starts, you should be barred from entering tournaments for 2-4 weeks or something along those lines.

 

Yeah maybe do something similar to CW no shows where you get warnings then punishments for each match you miss

PlasmaDogPlasma #38 Posted May 14 2016 - 23:15

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 33409 battles
  • 493
  • Member since:
    07-15-2013

Why care about no shows getting 75 cents worth of gold? It's not our gold. 

 

It's worth showing up for the fun of the matches. Today was my first one and it beat the hell out of playing pubs for an hour and a half.  



SpaceCoyoteVII #39 Posted May 14 2016 - 23:17

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 11303 battles
  • 12
  • Member since:
    07-04-2013

Had A LOT of fun! Didn't know there was a 1v1 til this morning though, where is the best place to hear about them?



rogombor #40 Posted May 15 2016 - 02:08

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 24685 battles
  • 479
  • [NBL] NBL
  • Member since:
    05-29-2013

View PostSpaceCoyoteVII, on May 14 2016 - 19:17, said:

Had A LOT of fun! Didn't know there was a 1v1 til this morning though, where is the best place to hear about them?

 

Tournaments page.

I had a lot of fun too, shame that I messed up on one and gave a tech victory to the enemy team. I readied up but forgot to put myself in the team :teethhappy:.





Reply to this topic



  
For security reasons, please do not provide your personal data or the personal data of a third party here because we might be unable to protect such data in accordance with the Wargaming Privacy Policy.


1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users