YasenKrasen 9.14

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

Reunify #1 Posted Mar 12 2016 - 19:09

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 31880 battles
  • [CHAI] CHAI

Since the official YasenKrasen 9.14 isn't out yet, here's a repacked version with latest WN8 expected values. Enjoy!

People reported that some messages look wrong in garage and in shop after installing the previous repacked version, you can simply remove or rename res_mods\0.9.14\text to fix the issue.

Here's an updated mod zip.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/307zsjhggsamkfd/YasenKrasen%289.14.0%29UnofficialRepackByReunify.zip

If you see any other issues, please post them here, thanks.

Edited by Reunify, Mar 13 2016 - 16:57.

H8M3 #2 Posted Mar 13 2016 - 07:46

Major

• Players
  • 16460 battles
thanks ill check it out.

Catch21 #3 Posted Mar 13 2016 - 10:42

Sergeant

• Players
  • 30421 battles
  • [DOG5] DOG5
Garage/Hangar text not working in some cases and shows "Store" instead of new "Armory" (tabs have incorrect text)- see here for possible source of problem.

Reunify #4 Posted Mar 13 2016 - 14:08

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 31880 battles
  • [CHAI] CHAI

View PostCatch21, on Mar 13 2016 - 04:42, said:

Garage/Hangar text not working in some cases and shows "Store" instead of new "Armory" (tabs have incorrect text)- see here for possible source of problem.

Thanks - I'll see if I can repack the .mo files from 9.14.

Reunify #5 Posted Mar 13 2016 - 16:56

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 31880 battles
  • [CHAI] CHAI

View PostCatch21, on Mar 13 2016 - 04:42, said:

Looks like the problem is resolved by removing stale .mo files from the mod pack, see my updated post above.

KingOfBaddies #6 Posted Mar 13 2016 - 17:21

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 23174 battles
  • [HIVE1] HIVE1
Thank you, it works perfectly!  Now I know how much I sucked after each battle :trollface:

Catch21 #7 Posted Mar 13 2016 - 18:46

Sergeant

• Players
  • 30421 battles
  • [DOG5] DOG5
Yes, all problems I saw fixed. Thanks so much!

Nanawatai #8 Posted Mar 14 2016 - 17:52

Private

• Players
  • 11039 battles
  • [4ID] 4ID

Reunify, thank you for putting in the effort for this repack.

Quick question:  is there a way to modify the post-battle summary and Session statistics so that the number separators (like the comma in 1,000) will be displayed, and the percentage is shown on the WN8 scores?

For example, in my last battle, this was my WN8:

WN8: 2 401 (85)

What would I modify so that it would display as:

WN8: 2,401 (85%)

Thanks!

leeuniverse #9 Posted Mar 14 2016 - 19:35

Major

• Players
  • 29866 battles
  • [LAMP] LAMP

Hey....  I haven't tried your version yet, but noticed you only include "one" version of the mod.

Did you ever try version 3 of YasenKrasen?

Solo started including a v3, but he didn't include the "original" v3 for "in battle" notifications.  He used the v1 one which is very ugly.

The in battle notification was accually the best part of v3, the best of ALL the versions.   The in garage was a bit nicer in formating style of the color, but not that big a deal, I would be fine with any version.

Though, seeing the v1 every time in battle I just cringe for how ugly it is, how much better the v3 was.  Also, the other notifications in battle with v3 were better also, the kill notices, etc.

I also liked the Skull version so much more..... which further changed the kill notifications etc.

Reunify #10 Posted Mar 14 2016 - 21:22

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 31880 battles
  • [CHAI] CHAI

View PostNanawatai, on Mar 14 2016 - 11:52, said:

Quick question:  is there a way to modify the post-battle summary and Session statistics so that the number separators (like the comma in 1,000) will be displayed, and the percentage is shown on the WN8 scores?

Thanks!

Should be doable, I'll take a look tonight.  I might start forking the original mod if there are more change requests :)

Reunify #11 Posted Mar 14 2016 - 21:27

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 31880 battles
  • [CHAI] CHAI

View Postleeuniverse, on Mar 14 2016 - 13:35, said:

Hey....  I haven't tried your version yet, but noticed you only include "one" version of the mod.

Did you ever try version 3 of YasenKrasen?

Solo started including a v3, but he didn't include the "original" v3 for "in battle" notifications.  He used the v1 one which is very ugly.

The in battle notification was accually the best part of v3, the best of ALL the versions.   The in garage was a bit nicer in formating style of the color, but not that big a deal, I would be fine with any version.

Though, seeing the v1 every time in battle I just cringe for how ugly it is, how much better the v3 was.  Also, the other notifications in battle with v3 were better also, the kill notices, etc.

I also liked the Skull version so much more..... which further changed the kill notifications etc.

I only packaged v1 as that's what I always use.  I can update all three if there's a demand.

Nanawatai #12 Posted Mar 14 2016 - 22:42

Private

• Players
  • 11039 battles
  • [4ID] 4ID

View PostReunify, on Mar 14 2016 - 15:27, said:

I only packaged v1 as that's what I always use.  I can update all three if there's a demand.

Here's one vote for the Vanilla, using the graphical icons in the battle messages!  (Remember how YasenKrasen used to offer the Skulls download?)   I ran Vanilla for 9.12/9.13, but always swapped out the \text\lc_messages\ingame_gui.mo file with one from a graphic version so I could get icons in the battle notifications.

Is this something I could help out with?  I would be more than happy to assist with this project - my clan and I have really grown to depend on the post-game battle analysis and WN8 scoring.  I'd really like to contribute in some way if I can.

Thanks!

leeuniverse #13 Posted Mar 14 2016 - 23:14

Major

• Players
  • 29866 battles
  • [LAMP] LAMP

View PostReunify, on Mar 14 2016 - 13:27, said:

Unfortunately most people had simply used v1 likely not even realizing how good v3 was especially using the Skulls swap.

v3 with the Skulls swap was try a nice design, text, formating, colors, info especially in battle.

Solo did his poll thing (which you can still see in his thread).  v1 was the most popular, but like I said, likely more so due to what people used and was used to, especially since it was the oldest.

v2 was like an inbetween the two.

Really, v3 with Skulls was so good that that is the one that should be developed.

Of course, if people are really anal, then maybe simply a v1 & a v3 could be developed, with the Skull option.  v2 no point really since it's like inbetween the two.

leeuniverse #14 Posted Mar 15 2016 - 00:36

Major

• Players
  • 29866 battles
  • [LAMP] LAMP

Well, I got the craw in my butt..... and decided to just get the YasenKrasen Source and make the edit's myself here in a bit so I can always have a v3 with Skulls.

Unless somebody else can get it done before I get to it.  I have a lot to do still with updating my mod pack, last thing I need is more crap to do.

As long as someone's able to keep the Python file updated, I can keep the other edits updated for v3.  Also, doesn't seem like that much work, don't know why those already into doesn't just keep it all updated.

TLWiz #15 Posted Mar 15 2016 - 00:49

Major

• -Players-
  • 18368 battles
  • [DSSRT] DSSRT

View PostKingOfBaddies, on Mar 13 2016 - 17:21, said:

Thank you, it works perfectly!  Now I know how much I sucked after each battle :trollface:

Yeah, I did not miss seeing how bad my play was Sunday.....  Ho Lee Chit was my Chinese tank commander.

Reunify #16 Posted Mar 15 2016 - 00:53

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 31880 battles
  • [CHAI] CHAI

@leeuniverse @nanawatai, I just tried V3, but other than a new background image and some different colours, I didn't notice any significant differences...  I have no idea what Skulls you guys are talking about, please enlighten me!

It seems that there are 2 mods in the original mod pack.

Session Stat - it shows additional stats after each battle and gives you a nice summary of your tanking session.  The mod consists of a main python script, a number of config files and many images in the gui folder.  This is what I really care and I'm confident that I can maintain this mod going forward if the original author isn't updating it anymore.

Coloured Messages in Battle - it displays messages in different colours and possibly with more info than the vanilla messages.  This mod is based on the custom .mo files in the text folder, which aren't available for 9.14 yet.  I never really paid any attention to this mod,  can't recall how these messages looked like when they worked.  I don't know how these .mo files are created, if anyone can share more info I'm happy to update them and include them in the mod pack going forward. 

Reunify #17 Posted Mar 15 2016 - 01:15

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 31880 battles
  • [CHAI] CHAI

View PostNanawatai, on Mar 14 2016 - 11:52, said:

Thanks!

Good news for you - no code change is required.  To use comma instead of space, open stat\config.json and look for "thousandSeparator", it's that simple :)

leeuniverse #18 Posted Mar 15 2016 - 01:40

Major

• Players
  • 29866 battles
  • [LAMP] LAMP

View PostReunify, on Mar 14 2016 - 16:53, said:

@leeuniverse @nanawatai, I just tried V3, but other than a new background image and some different colours, I didn't notice any significant differences...  I have no idea what Skulls you guys are talking about, please enlighten me!

It seems that there are 2 mods in the original mod pack.

Session Stat - it shows additional stats after each battle and gives you a nice summary of your tanking session.  The mod consists of a main python script, a number of config files and many images in the gui folder.  This is what I really care and I'm confident that I can maintain this mod going forward if the original author isn't updating it anymore.

Coloured Messages in Battle - it displays messages in different colours and possibly with more info than the vanilla messages.  This mod is based on the custom .mo files in the text folder, which aren't available for 9.14 yet.  I never really paid any attention to this mod,  can't recall how these messages looked like when they worked.  I don't know how these .mo files are created, if anyone can share more info I'm happy to update them and include them in the mod pack going forward. 

Marry Christmas.....  LOL

http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/209229-098-yasenkrasen-coloured-messages-session-statistics-eng/

This is the original mod....  And also, you can see he provided a link for the "source" files for everything.

This is Jeso's original working materials for the mod, all versions.

Ya, the big thing with v3 and Skulls is how things look in Battle.

One thing I'm not sure about is his "tank icons" folder.

1. I'm not sure why the tanks aren't named the normal tank icon way?

2. Why a few are in "folders".

3. Why they don't have the country name before the tank name.

4. Why there are MANY more tank names and even some named different than is actually in the game, or at least TankIconMaker can print out.

5. Why they use "spaces" in the name between words/characters instead of "underscores".  For example, if I print out the icons with TankIconMaker the tank name looks like:

china-Ch01_Type59.png

But in the mod the tank pics are named like this: Type 59.png

Not only that, but there is a Type 59 G.png in the YasenKrasen tank icon folder, and there's no such thing in the game, like I mentioned above about tanks existing that don't exist if you print out all tank icons?

So, how is the mod working with the game and then looking at those names to then display them when they are named like that?

Anyone know?  Is there a place in the mod code in which all tanks are named this way and also as folders like the few that are in folders?

Just odd....

Hmmm.....  looking at XVM's vehicle names within vehicleNames.xc it does have a "gold" version Type 59 and a regular one, which is confusing.

This tank folder within YasenKrasen is totally confusing....  I don't understand how it should be updated.

Reunify #19 Posted Mar 15 2016 - 03:22

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 31880 battles
  • [CHAI] CHAI

Thanks for the link - I downloaded the source code, will take a closer look.  I didn't know the source code was published...  I decompiled the script myself (feels more geeky this way) :teethhappy:

leeuniverse #20 Posted Mar 15 2016 - 04:10

Major

• Players
  • 29866 battles
  • [LAMP] LAMP

Well heck....  I haven't figured out yet what the tank icon folder is for.

I thought it was for the in battle stats that show the previous battle results.

But, it seems it shows a "generic" small white icon there.

Maybe the Tank icons are only used there in v3 or something?  Don't remember.

But he put them in the all versions fold section.

Oh well, more playing to figure it out, or maybe it's broke.

UPDATE: Okay, verified 100% that in YasenKrasen's Tank Icon folder the tank Names have to be the LONG version.

The tank icons apparently only display in the results window after battle.  There's one that shows in battle when a previous battle has ended, but it's generic white.  I seem to think v3 displayed a color one however.  We'll see on that.

Anyway, Instead of "M41 Bulldog" which would be the short version, the image file name has to be "M41 Walker Bulldog" which is the Long version.

So, all tank icon file names must be the "long" version of the tank name.

Tank Icon Maker has a .CVS data base file that updates with the game that contains the long versions which can be used for referrence..

Reunify....  I don't know much about python coding.

Could you look through the Python or maybe also the MO files if it's not in python for what peramiter tells the mod to look for the "long" filename for the tank images within guii/maps/icons//library/YasenKrasen/Tanks/ , which then shows the tank image in the hangar battle results?

Tank Icon Maker Mod can auto-create all icons easy, but it names the created file names for the images for example "usa-M41_Bulldog.png" when it needs to be the long file name for YasenKrasen.  I have started to rename all of those to the "long" version of the tank names, but that's a pain, and I'll have to watch out every update trying to see what tanks are new to update new tanks.  Instead, I just want to use Tank Icon Maker to keep the tank images updated.  Don't know if the author will ever add that feature to save the tank icons with like the long tank name instead of the above formated one, likely not since he's mostly stopped deving it, so would be better if we can simply change what type of file name YasenKrasen looks for to display the tank image.  Like, if it's a simple code in the Python or in a MO file.

Edited by leeuniverse, Mar 15 2016 - 09:38.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users