Gun sounds

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

Savage281 #41 Posted Mar 13 2016 - 20:24

Captain

• Players
  • 11014 battles

View Post1SLUGGO1, on Mar 13 2016 - 

Who cares if these sounds are "more realistic" in an arcade game?  They sound like they were recorded from a distance at a shooting range.  The issue with that is we are not at a shooting range, we are sitting directly behind the gun (and from our enemies, in front of them)

Would you prefer I said they just sound better, rather than realistic? They sound a lot better than the awkward "explosions" we had before. 

diesel__1 #42 Posted Mar 13 2016 - 20:30

Major

• Players
  • 8095 battles
Well, here are a fe

View Post1SLUGGO1, on Mar 13 2016 - 11:02, said:

No output change for your pc is going to make the sounds less muted and distant.

Here is Junkers, who does not have a crappy sound card setting on his PC (which is a beast machine).  Can't post a twitch video link apparently.  I suggest if you watch it, to skip ahead to the testing.

http://www.twitch.tv/junkershiryu/v/54112882

Well, here are a few things I'm getting from this video.  I didn't watch the entire 3 hours..I don't have the time for that.  

First of all, he says he hasn't played the new patch very much at all.  So he hasn't given it a chance.

Here is one line he says:

Block Quote

"The guns sound very very hollow. The reports (echo) are all fun, right..sounds good"         "They sound really crap, but the report sounds good"

Do some research.......actual gun firing is pretty bland.  It is the reverb or echo that make them more dramatic WHEN the terrain dictates that.  

Block Quote

The inside sounds, with the patch...are really good.

So, he likes those.

From what I hear from the example you provided....JunkersHiryu and his buddies actually like the sounds very much.  I'm going by what they say from the 30min mark to the 41min mark.  You may want to revisit that. ;)

Sure, there are aspects they don't like, but that will ALWAYS be the case for anything anyone every makes.  

One thing, they say that some of the sounds like black powder cannons.  They just don't seem to have enough punch they said...there is some serious high velocity happening there.  Well...listen to this...a tank with MUCH higher propellant charges than any WWII tank had:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vENzhJM3tWc

I kind of get a kick out of the video you provided.  I'm not quite too sure these guys are the "experts" you may think they are on what something should sound like and what they like may not be what others like.  I respect their opinion..... but I think WG got it more correct with this patch than what they had. 

Remember, it's just my opinion :teethhappy:

NatusMortuos #43 Posted Mar 13 2016 - 21:21

Corporal

• Players
  • 5551 battles
  • [F_O_G] F_O_G

You know what's great about all these posts? Whether a crappatch or condoning cheaters a la T22?

WGNA, Wargaming proper, DOES NOT GIVE A FLYING F**K what you me or anyone else wants

wh1skybarrel #44 Posted Mar 13 2016 - 21:24

Major

• Players
  • 21495 battles
  • [REL-V] REL-V

View PostCurtisshoe, on Mar 12 2016 - 23:12, said:

No longer PC to beat horses...

GeoFalke #45 Posted Mar 13 2016 - 21:27

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 15015 battles
  • [_GEO_] _GEO_

View Postdiesel__1, on Mar 13 2016 - 13:30, said:

Well, here are a fe

Well, here are a few things I'm getting from this video.  I didn't watch the entire 3 hours..I don't have the time for that.  

First of all, he says he hasn't played the new patch very much at all.  So he hasn't given it a chance.

Here is one line he says:

Do some research.......actual gun firing is pretty bland.  It is the reverb or echo that make them more dramatic WHEN the terrain dictates that.  

So, he likes those.

From what I hear from the example you provided....JunkersHiryu and his buddies actually like the sounds very much.  I'm going by what they say from the 30min mark to the 41min mark.  You may want to revisit that. ;)

Sure, there are aspects they don't like, but that will ALWAYS be the case for anything anyone every makes.  

One thing, they say that some of the sounds like black powder cannons.  They just don't seem to have enough punch they said...there is some serious high velocity happening there.  Well...listen to this...a tank with MUCH higher propellant charges than any WWII tank had:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vENzhJM3tWc

I kind of get a kick out of the video you provided.  I'm not quite too sure these guys are the "experts" you may think they are on what something should sound like and what they like may not be what others like.  I respect their opinion..... but I think WG got it more correct with this patch than what they had. 

Remember, it's just my opinion :teethhappy:

just when I start to lose hope in the forums I see one of your posts.

God bless you for being one of the calm, sane ones, and God damn you for giving me a reason to stick around this angst filled cesspit :mellow:

Also tagged with Gun sounds

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users