Jump to content


Skirmish XII

Skirmish XII

  • Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

dance210 #1 Posted Mar 17 2016 - 21:23

    Community Specialist

  • Administrator
  • 24120 battles
  • 4,366
  • [D4NCE] D4NCE
  • Member since:
    05-31-2012

 

Players now earn credits and experience every time they go into a tournament! Compete to win gold while earning credits and experience each time you face an enemy team!

 

Playoffs

Alpha Playoffs - Group 1, Group 2, Group 3

Bravo Playoffs, Group 4, Group 5, Group 6, Group 7

Charlie Playoffs - Group 8, Group 9, Group 10, Group 11, Group 12, Group 13

Weekend Playoffs - Group 14, Group 15

 

Group Stage Standings

 

Basic Tournament Information for Skirmish XII

Please see tournament page for all information

 

  • Team Size: 4 combatants + 3 reserves
  • Map Pool: Redshire
  • Mode: Encounter
  • Tier Point Minimum: 13
  • Tier Point Maximum: 27
  • Tier Limits:
    • Light: Tier 7
    • Medium: Tier 7
    • Heavy: Tier 7
    • TD: Tier 7
    • SPG: Tier 7


MarlekOdomiel77 #2 Posted Mar 22 2016 - 19:36

    Sergeant

  • Beta Testers
  • 36248 battles
  • 125
  • [SIMP] SIMP
  • Member since:
    11-18-2010

Then new tournament page setup is junk.  There is no link to the forum, and there is also no longer the nice little round robin group page you could punch up.  Now all be can see is just our matches instead of the entire groups matches.  Wotscout and Gosutactics seem to be able to blow WOT out of the water for the tournament/team tracking.  Before the changes I would keep scout and the wot pages both open.  Scout because of the team information and wg because it updated faster.  Right now there is no reason to even look at the WOT tournament pages after registration.

All the flash that has been added has really taken away the ease of access.



dance210 #3 Posted Mar 22 2016 - 19:41

    Community Specialist

  • Administrator
  • 24120 battles
  • 4,366
  • [D4NCE] D4NCE
  • Member since:
    05-31-2012

The link to the forums is still there, under the Useful Links section. If it's not there, it's because we forgot to add it for a particular tournament.

 

I don't understand what you mean by only seeing your match information. Do you mean that all the groups aren't listed on one page, instead you have to scroll through each group individually?



Gord1973 #4 Posted Mar 22 2016 - 19:46

    Major

  • Players
  • 23836 battles
  • 2,088
  • [K-H] K-H
  • Member since:
    10-20-2012

View PostMarlekOdomiel77, on Mar 22 2016 - 13:36, said:

Then new tournament page setup is junk.  There is no link to the forum, and there is also no longer the nice little round robin group page you could punch up.  Now all be can see is just our matches instead of the entire groups matches.  Wotscout and Gosutactics seem to be able to blow WOT out of the water for the tournament/team tracking.  Before the changes I would keep scout and the wot pages both open.  Scout because of the team information and wg because it updated faster.  Right now there is no reason to even look at the WOT tournament pages after registration.

All the flash that has been added has really taken away the ease of access.

 

 

 

Gosutactics is awesome, although they seemed a bit overwhelmed by the March Mapness tournament.

 



BrokenLoyalty #5 Posted Mar 22 2016 - 19:53

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 17134 battles
  • 194
  • [CHAI] CHAI
  • Member since:
    08-12-2011

View Postdance210, on Mar 22 2016 - 14:41, said:

I don't understand what you mean by only seeing your match information. Do you mean that all the groups aren't listed on one page, instead you have to scroll through each group individually?

 

I assume he means the little thing where you saw how each team in your bracket was doing againest the other teams.

 

Like you used to have something like this and now you don't.

Spoiler

 


Edited by BrokenLoyalty, Mar 22 2016 - 20:03.


SunFlash #6 Posted Mar 22 2016 - 19:56

    Major

  • Players
  • 21337 battles
  • 4,113
  • [RDDT] RDDT
  • Member since:
    11-15-2011

View PostBrokenLoyalty, on Mar 22 2016 - 13:53, said:

 

I assume he means the little thing where you saw how each team in your bracket was doing againest the other times.

 

Like you used to have something like this and now you don't.

-snip-

 

 

To be fair, that thing broke all the time.  I remember it taking up to five minutes to load for some of the larger tournaments. 



dance210 #7 Posted Mar 22 2016 - 19:58

    Community Specialist

  • Administrator
  • 24120 battles
  • 4,366
  • [D4NCE] D4NCE
  • Member since:
    05-31-2012

View PostBrokenLoyalty, on Mar 22 2016 - 11:53, said:

 

I assume he means the little thing where you saw how each team in your bracket was doing againest the other times.

 

Like you used to have something like this and now you don't.

Spoiler

 

 

Gotcha, that makes sense. Thanks! That's something we're working on getting changed since we liked it that way too. No idea when/if it'll be adjusted though.

Hanzo_San #8 Posted Mar 23 2016 - 00:03

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 6862 battles
  • 273
  • Member since:
    11-30-2015

View PostGord1973, on Mar 22 2016 - 13:46, said:

 

 

 

Gosutactics is awesome, although they seemed a bit overwhelmed by the March Mapness tournament.

 

 

Innovation vs. Resources. Gosu has the ideas on how to implement the data interfaces, but WG has the money to pay for bandwidth and server hardware. Just wish WG would hire the guy that does gosutactics to handle their tournament website (or at least just the reporting part), planning and direction, then we would have the best of both worlds.


Edited by Hanzo_San, Mar 23 2016 - 00:07.


AlphaDeux #9 Posted Mar 23 2016 - 02:17

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 14860 battles
  • 16
  • [RDDTX] RDDTX
  • Member since:
    03-01-2014

Is Day three supposed to be Apr 3? :)

Playoffs
Day 1: Maximum 10 battles US 1 19:00, Apr 1, Fr
Day 2: Maximum 10 battles US 1 19:00, Apr 2, St
Day 3: Maximum 10 battles US 1 16:00, Mar 27, Sn
Day 3: Maximum 10 battles US 1 19:00, Mar 27, Sn
 


eward17 #10 Posted Mar 23 2016 - 02:29

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 11275 battles
  • 379
  • [LOAD] LOAD
  • Member since:
    04-04-2015
Looking for a team. Not a great player. I don't mind sitting out on the reserves in case of an emergency. Add me if you have a full team but is looking for backup players. 

US_Coco99 #11 Posted Mar 23 2016 - 16:36

    Private

  • Players
  • 6968 battles
  • 4
  • Member since:
    01-24-2013

I'm looking for a great team! A team who wants the first place.(like me)

I'm a very good player. My old stats sucks... ( I know )

But stats are Nothing! ( Good players know it )

I have experience in this game! ( like an old boy )

​So if you want a win or a great result ( let me a message in the game )

 
:justwait:

 



MarlekOdomiel77 #12 Posted Mar 24 2016 - 03:57

    Sergeant

  • Beta Testers
  • 36248 battles
  • 125
  • [SIMP] SIMP
  • Member since:
    11-18-2010

View Postdance210, on Mar 22 2016 - 12:41, said:

The link to the forums is still there, under the Useful Links section. If it's not there, it's because we forgot to add it for a particular tournament.

 

I don't understand what you mean by only seeing your match information. Do you mean that all the groups aren't listed on one page, instead you have to scroll through each group individually?

 

I see that useful links now.  A little blind I guess.

dance210 #13 Posted Mar 24 2016 - 04:05

    Community Specialist

  • Administrator
  • 24120 battles
  • 4,366
  • [D4NCE] D4NCE
  • Member since:
    05-31-2012

View PostMarlekOdomiel77, on Mar 23 2016 - 19:57, said:

 

I see that useful links now.  A little blind I guess.

 

The page has basically looked the same for...years really. It's natural that everyone needs to re-learn the page now that it looks different. And I'll admit to a momentary panic that I actually forgot to add the forum discussion link :)

k_a_a_o_s #14 Posted Mar 24 2016 - 16:16

    Private

  • -Players-
  • 14736 battles
  • 8
  • [ROGER] ROGER
  • Member since:
    01-23-2015

You overthought this.  Who needs to go searching for a link that might or might not be there to find the information I need?  I spent 15 minutes trying to find somewhere that told me if there were any light tank restrictions.  KISS- keep it simple stupid.

 

It's a tournament page for gods sake....make it useful, not exotic.



joe_tankman #15 Posted Mar 25 2016 - 15:33

    Private

  • -Players-
  • 39767 battles
  • 6
  • [LUGER] LUGER
  • Member since:
    01-01-2015
What are the recommended tanks for this Skirmish?  Thanks!

blackzaru #16 Posted Mar 27 2016 - 01:17

    Major

  • Players
  • 20578 battles
  • 3,732
  • [DBOYZ] DBOYZ
  • Member since:
    03-07-2011

View Postjoe_tankman, on Mar 25 2016 - 15:33, said:

What are the recommended tanks for this Skirmish?  Thanks!

 

Nothing but T23E3's.

EL_MIG #17 Posted Mar 28 2016 - 01:31

    Corporal

  • WGLNA Bronze League Player
  • 38806 battles
  • 94
  • [FADES] FADES
  • Member since:
    04-29-2012
the new page sucks. now i have to come to the forum just to check the details in a simple form for the skirmish or tourneys. All the eye candy doesnt make it simple to find the info that you are looking for.

TastyPastry #18 Posted Mar 28 2016 - 18:08

    Captain

  • Players
  • 19368 battles
  • 1,304
  • [VILIN] VILIN
  • Member since:
    12-23-2013

Just FYI there's still Russian on the webpage.

 

Also pls let us use 32 character team names again, 20 characters limits my creativity :trollface:



xxXKaiserXxx #19 Posted Mar 30 2016 - 04:18

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 42105 battles
  • 104
  • [HUMO] HUMO
  • Member since:
    03-26-2011
Why we cant see the prizes in the tournament main page?

dance210 #20 Posted Mar 30 2016 - 04:44

    Community Specialist

  • Administrator
  • 24120 battles
  • 4,366
  • [D4NCE] D4NCE
  • Member since:
    05-31-2012

View PostEL_MIG, on Mar 27 2016 - 17:31, said:

the new page sucks. now i have to come to the forum just to check the details in a simple form for the skirmish or tourneys. All the eye candy doesnt make it simple to find the info that you are looking for.

What information are you not able to find?

 

View PostTastyPastry, on Mar 28 2016 - 10:08, said:

Just FYI there's still Russian on the webpage.

 

Also pls let us use 32 character team names again, 20 characters limits my creativity :trollface:

Change character limit to 10, just for TastyPastry.... <3

 

And thanks! I'll try to get the Russian changed ASAP.

View PostxxXKaiserXxx, on Mar 29 2016 - 20:18, said:

Why we cant see the prizes in the tournament main page?

 

On the tournament page, click "More About Tournament." That will expand and show all the missing information - including the prizes.





Also tagged with Skirmish XII

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users