Suspended for team killing because of new physics.

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

badmonkey59 #1 Posted Mar 17 2016 - 21:34

Captain

• Players
  • 37273 battles
  • [GOONZ] GOONZ

Back on March 11th I was hit with a 1 hour insta-banned for team killing because my T-34-3 was upside down and a teammate in a damaged T-43 tried to help by flipping me back over, instead he became stuck under my tank and was killed. I sent a ticket into WG because this must be a bug, how are you charged with a team kill for a teammate trying to help you? Well, 7 days later I finally get a response:

Dear badmonkey59,

Thank you for contacting support regarding this matter.

We have an automated system in place for violation tracking (i.e. team damage, team killing), as such all mentioned offenses will be addressed by the automation only. The system has been customized, tested extensively and is currently working as intended. No player is immune, nor do any players receive preferential treatment from the automation. Even those of us here in the office receive account sanctions from the automated system when our shells go astray.

Unfortunately, you will have to wait out your suspension. We deeply apologize for any inconveniences this may have caused.

Please understand that violating the game rules, regardless of the reason, will be met with sanctions. As you have now personally experienced, violations of this game rule will be dealt with by our automated Team Damage/Kill tracker system.

Once a player has reached a threshold set by the automation for team kills/damage, they are banned; no questions asked. In addition, they are forced to pay a portion of the damage caused and forfeit some experience to their victim. We allow for some team damage to occur before that takes place, and we feel we're pretty generous with the amount allowed, but once it crosses over that line, the sanction is imposed. The first offense is a minor 1 hour ban, but habitual violations have an escalating punishment. Because of this, we highly advise that you do not take matters into your own hands as we will be unable to change any actions taken by the automated violation tracker.

We truly do appreciate your interest in World of Tanks and your contribution to our community. We can only hope that you understand that we must be fair and treat all friendly fire cases the same, regardless of the motives.

Additional information on the automated system of team killer and bot user tracking can be found on the following page: http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/152218-friendly-fire-team-kill-auto-system/

Please feel free to contact us anytime with future difficulties or questions.

Best Regards,

Andrew Walker

Wargaming America Support You can always check your ticket status by logging into our Support Portal: https://na.wargaming.net/support/ Please don't forget to fill out our survey once your ticket has been completed

Not only did it take a week to get a reply, the reply was just a cut and paste.

Good job Wargaming, good job.

Edited by badmonkey59, Mar 17 2016 - 21:38.

madogthefirst #2 Posted Mar 17 2016 - 21:37

Major

• Players
  • 21699 battles
  • [SHIRE] SHIRE
You should have known better than to trust a pubbie to help you.:trollface:

Trumpy_McTrumpface #3 Posted Mar 17 2016 - 21:41

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 1162 battles
Murder in the second degree.

Jr_Jr #4 Posted Mar 17 2016 - 21:41

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 21568 battles

View Postmadogthefirst, on Mar 17 2016 - 21:37, said:

You should have known better than to trust a pubbie to help you.:trollface:

I flipped my t49 in a match, and a FV215B went out of his way even taking a few shots to flip me back.

The kindness brought tear to my eye. Right up until he was nuked by arty for over half his HP a couple minutes later.

Nice guy though.

yabojabo #5 Posted Mar 17 2016 - 21:43

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 16616 battles
  • [S-F] S-F
If you got a ban it's not the first friendly you've damaged/killed.   STOP SHOOTING GREEN TANKS!

pmdanie96 #6 Posted Mar 17 2016 - 21:46

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 37865 battles
I want to know how they could have done tested this since the new physics just came out. If you are going to send a [edited]copy and paste replay it would be nice if it was at least up to date with current info. Sorry about the ban, one of the few times it was surely not deserved.

Windows_Are_Tasty #7 Posted Mar 17 2016 - 21:48

Major

• Players
  • 53973 battles
  • [NOT_C] NOT_C

View Postyabojabo, on Mar 17 2016 - 14:43, said:

If you got a ban it's not the first friendly you've damaged/killed.   STOP SHOOTING GREEN TANKS!

Actually, no. The system registers every single tick of damage as a separate hit, causing you to go from a totally clean record to banned in a matter of seconds.

mikebobo #8 Posted Mar 17 2016 - 21:50

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 14140 battles

View Postbadmonkey59, on Mar 17 2016 - 15:34, said:

Dear badmonkey59,

We have an automated system in place for violation tracking (i.e. team damage, team killing), as such all mentioned offenses will be addressed by the automation only. The system has been customized, tested extensively and is currently working as intended. No player is immune, nor do any players receive preferential treatment from the automation. Even those of us here in the office receive account sanctions from the automated system when our shells go astray.

this made it so much better

riff_ #9 Posted Mar 17 2016 - 21:52

Major

• Players
  • 25532 battles

I would be nice to see the replay.

And you should send the replay to Jingles for The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.\

I know it angered you but, it may be a "One In Million" WoT's game play video.

GL HF

Edited by riff_, Mar 17 2016 - 21:57.

tiadashi #10 Posted Mar 17 2016 - 21:53

Major

• Players
  • 20075 battles

View Postbadmonkey59, on Mar 17 2016 - 21:34, said:

Back on March 11th I was hit with a 1 hour insta-banned for team killing because my T-34-3 was upside down and a teammate in a damaged T-43 tried to help by flipping me back over, instead he became stuck under my tank and was killed. I sent a ticket into WG because this must be a bug, how are you charged with a team kill for a teammate trying to help you? Well, 7 days later I finally get a response:

Dear badmonkey59,

Unfortunately, you will have to wait out your suspension. We deeply apologize for any inconveniences this may have caused.

Please understand that violating the game rules, regardless of the reason, will be met with sanctions. As you have now personally experienced, violations of this game rule will be dealt with by our automated Team Damage/Kill tracker system.

Once a player has reached a threshold set by the automation for team kills/damage, they are banned; no questions asked. In addition, they are forced to pay a portion of the damage caused and forfeit some experience to their victim. We allow for some team damage to occur before that takes place, and we feel we're pretty generous with the amount allowed, but once it crosses over that line, the sanction is imposed. The first offense is a minor 1 hour ban, but habitual violations have an escalating punishment. Because of this, we highly advise that you do not take matters into your own hands as we will be unable to change any actions taken by the automated violation tracker.

We truly do appreciate your interest in World of Tanks and your contribution to our community. We can only hope that you understand that we must be fair and treat all friendly fire cases the same, regardless of the motives.

Additional information on the automated system of team killer and bot user tracking can be found on the following page: http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/152218-friendly-fire-team-kill-auto-system/

Please feel free to contact us anytime with future difficulties or questions.

Best Regards,

Andrew Walker

Wargaming America Support You can always check your ticket status by logging into our Support Portal: https://na.wargaming.net/support/ Please don't forget to fill out our survey once your ticket has been completed

Not only did it take a week to get a reply, the reply was just a cut and paste.

Good job Wargaming, good job.

Just get over it - its not a big deal so dont tun it into one for yourself

yabojabo #11 Posted Mar 17 2016 - 21:59

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 16616 battles
  • [S-F] S-F

View PostKim_Dong_Un, on Mar 17 2016 - 15:48, said:

Actually, no. The system registers every single tick of damage as a separate hit, causing you to go from a totally clean record to banned in a matter of seconds.

Only if you're not doing damage to the enemy.  There is a 'magic ratio' of team damage/enemy damage.  Get that too high and you're banned.  It's simple.  If you don't want a ban, don't shoot green tanks.

I've shot friendly tanks dozens of time (several intentionally) and never been banned.  I even one shotted our teams unicum once.  Accidentally ammo racked him from almost full health.  That was very embarrassing but I didn't even turn blue.

So I'll say it again.  If you got a ban, STOP SHOOTING GREEN TANKS.

Windows_Are_Tasty #12 Posted Mar 18 2016 - 06:10

Major

• Players
  • 53973 battles
  • [NOT_C] NOT_C

View Postyabojabo, on Mar 17 2016 - 14:59, said:

Only if you're not doing damage to the enemy.  There is a 'magic ratio' of team damage/enemy damage.  Get that too high and you're banned.  It's simple.  If you don't want a ban, don't shoot green tanks.

I've shot friendly tanks dozens of time (several intentionally) and never been banned.  I even one shotted our teams unicum once.  Accidentally ammo racked him from almost full health.  That was very embarrassing but I didn't even turn blue.

No, you can indeed go from a normal, low ratio player, to banned because of this. The system ranks multiple hits in succession above higher damage numbers, and when they're happening that quickly, there isn't anything you can do about it. While it's possible that you're right about OP, it's also very possibly that you're not.

rich73 #13 Posted Mar 18 2016 - 11:11

Major

• Players
  • 44744 battles

View Postyabojabo, on Mar 17 2016 - 12:43, said:

Its possible that he hadnt had so much team damage and the game just registered multiple hits in one game..Blaming the player before the coders when we have so much experience with WG follies isnt the answer.

yabojabo #14 Posted Mar 18 2016 - 21:45

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 16616 battles
  • [S-F] S-F

View Postrich73, on Mar 18 2016 - 05:11, said:

Its possible that he hadnt had so much team damage and the game just registered multiple hits in one game..Blaming the player before the coders when we have so much experience with WG follies isnt the answer.

If the OP only had a handful of games I'd agree with you and Kim_Dong.  With only a small amount of enemy damage to his credit, one event could put him over the threshold and get him banned.  But that's not the case.  He's got almost 30k battles.  One TK event shouldn't be enough to get him banned unless he's living on the edge.  I stand by my statements.

<o

Captain_Rex33 #15 Posted Mar 18 2016 - 22:32

Major

• Players
  • 21384 battles

View Postyabojabo, on Mar 17 2016 - 20:43, said:

​you don't have any idea what you're talking about at all... he got a 1 hour ban VS 1 day or week meaning this is his first TK ban, also the way the system works is after you either shoot somebody twice or do a certain amount of damage you turn blue, any damage after that results in a ban... so since he was stuck doing "ramming" damage to the T43 it counted it as repeatedly doing team damage and thus he got a ban.

please actually understand something before accusing people of deliberately teamkilling.

I wasn't salty and somehow reading your post makes me want to break something, thanks for that

Captain_Rex33 #16 Posted Mar 18 2016 - 22:34

Major

• Players
  • 21384 battles

View Postyabojabo, on Mar 17 2016 - 20:59, said:

l'​lI say it again, since he was registered as repeatedly doing damage he got all the strikes required to get the ban very quickly...

edit: removed profanities relating to how pissed off this guys [edited]accusations made me.

Edited by Captain_Rex33, Mar 18 2016 - 22:35.

Sir_Titmouse #17 Posted Mar 19 2016 - 00:19

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 10468 battles

What to do when one of my own team player pushes me out of bounds?

I received "Your Account has been locked until March 18 - 16 7:26:43 PM. Reason: Team Kill/Damage."

Are you able to verify who was pushing me out? I was in a Czechoslovakian Tier II LT vz. 35.

Yes, I did kill a friendly that lost his mind in battle, only to stay in bounds. In the end my tank blew up!

Reviewed the rules about Team Kill/Damage but what about deliberate pushing me out of bounds.

It leaves me tainted.

Southern_Comfort #18 Posted Mar 19 2016 - 00:22

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 33191 battles
Yep, this new physics in the game is a joke to discourage scouts! Tanks burning up after they flip over is not realistic, they are mostly Diesel and thee truck I seen flip over that had a gas engine did not burn!

badmonkey59 #19 Posted Mar 20 2016 - 01:42

Captain

• Players
  • 37273 battles
  • [GOONZ] GOONZ

View Postriff_, on Mar 17 2016 - 14:52, said:

I would be nice to see the replay.

And you should send the replay to Jingles for The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.\

I know it angered you but, it may be a "One In Million" WoT's game play video.

GL HF

Nothing showed in my replay folder for the game. It may be because I was 'insta-banned'. I'm also set for save last battle only but I don't know why that would make a difference.

badmonkey59 #20 Posted Mar 20 2016 - 01:45

Captain

• Players
  • 37273 battles
  • [GOONZ] GOONZ

View PostCaptain_Rex33, on Mar 18 2016 - 15:34, said:

l'​lI say it again, since he was registered as repeatedly doing damage he got all the strikes required to get the ban very quickly...

edit: removed profanities relating to how pissed off this guys [edited]accusations made me.

I rarely hit teammates. I'm not a team killer nor do I shoot teammates intentionally.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users