• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Apollyon_Rising #21 Posted Mar 26 2016 - 03:05

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 11345 battles
  • [CAVE] CAVE

View Postzeroocool, on Mar 24 2016 - 20:42, said:

80% of these players NEVER heard a tank fire. To me it sounds fine, Do some guns need a deeper BOOM yes. If you think about it this stuff takes time not an over night feat. So you players who say the guns or engines sound fake, Have you ever been up close to a tank and hear the engine and tracks? Most will never understand because they watch too many movies and think movies are ALWAYS right. And also I think adding in the tank blast that throws a shockwave should be added to add more realism to this arcade game. Is there one yes but needs slight improvement

overnight ?.. this game has been out almost 7 years.... a monkey could add the sound file to this in 5 minutes...

and YES, I'm a Vet. drove the M1A2 SEP Abrams for 3 years, I call [edited]on you "all knowing knowledge  of how tanks sound".

Both the gun and engine sounds are fake as ****.  the gun sounds like a fart from Ariana Grande's ***.

PS I agree tho  shockwave would be epic !!

Obakechan #22 Posted Mar 27 2016 - 23:40

Private

• Players
  • 17562 battles
It seems pretty clear from the staff comment that the folks at Wargaming are interested in useful feedback and are more than willing to keep making adjustments based on what we think.  I suggest we try to help them make this game better for us.  I for one really like some aspects of the new physics and am not so crazy about others.  I tend to drive fast tanks and I've been rolling a lot and spending some of my play time upside down waiting for someone to shoot me. I'll admit it has been funny a few times when I rush up to an enemy and then roll over to present my underside and wait to get shot.  I've also enjoyed helping team mates turn back over.  I've rolled all the way over a few times in my M7 which felt epic and cool.  I think Tanks should roll back over by themselves after awhile if you don't get helped.  It's just a pisser to lose a whole game to that.   I do really like the skidding - that just fun.  I love realism when it helps me "feel" the physics, but I don't like it when it gets in the way of fun or is frustrating.  I don't mind losing tracks if they get shot by skilled players but I hate losing them by just going over the terrain, and I agree getting damaged by going down drops may need more adjusting.  Anyway I encourage everyone to try and say what you think works and don't works so they can decide what to keep or modify more.  Also Apollyon, that's pretty impressive and unusual that you drove a real Abrams for 3 years and know what these things really sound like.  I'm sure the Wargaming folks will love to hear your opinions. I don't really get how a shock wave would work in the game - can you describe that more?  Is that just a visual effect after you fire a shot?  Oh and I for one love the new audio  - with great headphones I think it's very cool.  I've had fun going through all the tanks in my stable and hearing what each one sounds like.  My 0-I and my S35ca really boom and my M7 sounds like a race car.  I dig it.

commo81 #23 Posted Apr 01 2016 - 15:34

Sergeant

• Players
  • 19715 battles
  • [824TH] 824TH
Personally, I would rather try a more difficult gameplay with complete realistic settings than arcade settings, but i'm only one person in a bunch of players seeking a completely realistic tank game.

Deputy276 #24 Posted Apr 01 2016 - 15:53

Major

• Players
  • 20403 battles
  • [3_NZ] 3_NZ

View PostG_M_O_F, on Mar 18 2016 - 15:01, said:

If you dont like what you do at work, you produce crap.  

Having the right coders developping stuff they like and have fun with is the key to success, improvement and customer satisfaction.

Ahhh...so this explains the crap WOT has been producing! Thank you!!! :)

Deputy276 #25 Posted Apr 01 2016 - 16:04

Major

• Players
  • 20403 battles
  • [3_NZ] 3_NZ

View Postzeroocool, on Mar 24 2016 - 14:42, said:

80% of these players NEVER heard a tank fire. To me it sounds fine, Do some guns need a deeper BOOM yes. If you think about it this stuff takes time not an over night feat. So you players who say the guns or engines sound fake, Have you ever been up close to a tank and hear the engine and tracks? Most will never understand because they watch too many movies and think movies are ALWAYS right. And also I think adding in the tank blast that throws a shockwave should be added to add more realism to this arcade game. Is there one yes but needs slight improvement.

Actually, I have. My avatar was my unit stateside (3rd Armored Cav Regt). I was on the M113 and M60A1. Nothing in these new sounds is even remotely "realistic". Old tanks didn't have 3-4 speed automatic transmissions. The M113 had it, but that was 1960s-70s. The M60A1 had two speeds...low and high. You only used low for VERY steep upgrades. Mostly you stayed in high. The gun firing inside a tank is not as loud as standing next to one. Some sounded like loud BOOMS (Arty) and some sounded like a sharp "bark" (75MM Bulldog). NONE of them sounded like a silenced 9MM pistol. WOT should have just bent over and paid one of the mod makers for their sounds. It would be much better than what we got.   

Edited by Deputy276, Apr 01 2016 - 16:04.

MadRazorback #26 Posted Apr 08 2016 - 10:50

Corporal

• Players
  • 17948 battles
  • [_EOS_] _EOS_

View Postwestdccs, on Mar 21 2016 - 15:08, said:

Did you watch the whole video? They explained why they opted NOT to do realistic physics on the tanks as they claimed it actually made the game much harder, reduced the response time of the vehicles and created a whole new set of problems that destroyed "dynamic gameplay". 

While in general, I like some of the new physics, in some tanks they are more of a problem than something to enjoy. Really light tanks like the AMX ELC suffer from potentially being completely thrown off course by a simple change in the angle of the terrain they are running along. Tanks getting thrown on their sides from a drift gone wrong are just plain frustrating. The fact that there are places on the map that you CANNOT use as an escape route that were once viable escape routes is another frustrating side-effect to the new physics. I have had my Cromwell Berlin knocked out of a battle completely by drops that used to do minimal damage, or at most would knock off the tracks. If you drive highly mobile lights/mediums you almost need to relearn the maps. 

No, I missed that part. Blame it on my ADD heh. Thanks for pointing that out. And I agree, in some ways driving light tanks has become more challenging. So many crazy new situations are pretty fun though.

Box_of_Rocks #27 Posted Apr 09 2016 - 08:22

Private

• Players
  • 6021 battles
  • [BLAMO] BLAMO

I have quietly watched the game develop over the last few years. I really liked it. The pace of the game was realistic-ish. The giant heavy tanks were ponderous, like real big heavy pieces of steel. Turrets took some time to bring to bear, like real turrets. Hulls took time to twist, like real hulls. Now....it feels like some sped up child's fantasy where tanks jump into motion like rabbits. Multi ton machines leap off the line. Turrets track like cheap video game toys. What happened? Did all the people who study and respect actual armored vehicles leave the company? Is the code being written by staff who love code, but have no interest in actual tanks? 

Up until now the game has undergone a steady evolution of improvement that tracked along the original theme of (semi) historically accurate development. I didn't like all the changes, but I accepted them as intelligent game development. Now,.... the game seems to have taken a giant leap into goofy arcade gaming. It still looks great, and kudos to the modellers for that, but the game play has taken a big step backwards. I can get this kind of gaming for a lot less money, on a lot lower end platform. The most complimentary thing I can say about the latest World of Tanks update is it made me appreciate World of Warships, which retains a realistic pace. Sorry WoT team, but I will be spending my money (and I do spend actual money) on your high seas brethren until WoT gets back to the fundamentals that made it the excellent game it used to be.

Box_of_Rocks (available for discussion if you would like to discussion this)

Edited by Box_of_Rocks, Apr 09 2016 - 08:23.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users