• Players
  • 73097 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP
  1. arty
  2. clanwars 2.0
  3. clan implosions (see above)
  4. map stagnation (design and rotation)
  5. RNG
  6. the player base being as intelligent as an over ripe vegetable.
    • either the MM Queue puts them on a constant stream of having to do all of the work
    • Or, the MM Queue puts them into a constant stream of pubby tear harvesting.
      • eventually the game gets boring when it's constant easy mode - if it didn't everyone would still be playing the original Doom after activating IDDQD in god mode, and clipping through walls...

Nunya_000 #42 Posted Mar 22 2016 - 21:55

Major

• Players
  • 21138 battles
  • [PACNW] PACNW
People will make excuses as to why the no longer play because it is a lot less embarrassing than saying "My wife won't let me play anymore".

Hiroe #43 Posted Mar 22 2016 - 21:57

Major

• Players
  • 13615 battles

View PostNunya_000, on Mar 22 2016 - 16:55, said:

People will make excuses as to why the no longer play because it is a lot less embarrassing than saying "My wife won't let me play anymore".

"I have these creatures called """children""" and apparently I have to raise them or some such nonsense."

DankPlunger #44 Posted Mar 22 2016 - 22:00

Captain

• Players
  • 19003 battles

View PostNunya_000, on Mar 22 2016 - 14:55, said:

Lol. Possible. Not for me, she lets me do whatever I want =D

View PostHiroe, on Mar 22 2016 - 14:57, said:

"I have these creatures called """children""" and apparently I have to raise them or some such nonsense."

I have three teenage daughters, I feel ya, but I just let her do it, she's better at it than me anyway. Haha.

Hiroe #45 Posted Mar 22 2016 - 22:04

Major

• Players
  • 13615 battles

View PostNewYears1978, on Mar 22 2016 - 17:00, said:

Lol. Possible. Not for me, she lets me do whatever I want =D

I have three teenage daughters, I feel ya, but I just let her do it, she's better at it than me anyway. Haha.

Oh, I don't have any children. I was sort of just imagining other answers that would be funny to me.

Deputy276 #46 Posted Mar 22 2016 - 22:09

Major

• Players
  • 20397 battles
  • [3_NZ] 3_NZ
I left and went to the other tank game for a while. I think it is called Almost Worthless :teethhappy: They screwed that game up so badly since just before Christmas, I came back here. Yeah, I spend some coin on this game. But it keeps me away from wimmin of ill repute, and my wife likes that. Don't think I ever "got bored" with it. But definitely frustrated. Then I just say F-it, it don't mean nothing. It's just a game. Not gonna pay the car note or mortgage. And hit the "Battle" button again :)

Edited by Deputy276, Mar 22 2016 - 22:09.

Mayhem300 #47 Posted Mar 22 2016 - 22:45

Sergeant

• Players
  • 48090 battles
  • [VEG] VEG
I was until Dec 2015 a player who has had a premium account since beta ended. I quit for a month in December with the full intention of not coming back. I am back now, but I am not doing a premium any more. My 3 reasons for wanting to quit are:

1) Too many blowouts. The frequency of blowouts has increased tremendously over the last couple of years. I think WG should add its personal rating to MM to make the teams close in skill to at least reduce the number of blowout matches.

2) Removal of maps. After so many thousands of games, the more maps there are, the less monotonous it seems. DON'T REMOVE THEM, JUST KEEP FIXING THEM UNTIL THEY ARE BALANCED.

3) End game tanks. As a player that does not participate in clan wars, we can not get some of the cool end game tanks. WG should reward its long time players with end game tanks. I would suggest that once a player gets all tier 10s for a nation, they should get a special tier 10.

Edited by Mayhem300, Mar 22 2016 - 22:54.

Steamboat_Willy_Sr #48 Posted Mar 22 2016 - 23:16

Major

• Players
  • 39739 battles
  • [FTRP] FTRP

80 % of my friends and family left this game because of the intolerant playerbase, that either does nothing in game but snivels up a storm, or expects others to play a certain way and snivel up a storm if you don't.

The remaining 20% because of WG incompetence, money grabbing release OP nerf later policies, map removals, MM ,RNG etc.

Perhaps they simply got bored and didn't want to say that so they blamed one of the aforementioned reasons, but they're all gone none the less.

My clan had as many as 85 members at one time, now down to 39 and barely half of those still play with any regularity.

What little I play is mostly out of habit and only during early morning hours as I sip my coffee while waking up.  Aside from that, there is just so little incentive to play, I grab my 5+5 free gold this month but by the time I hit 10K XP, I had already had enough several battles prior.

I still have an affection for the game, but vitriol from toxic players simply ruins what little fun there is left in the game.

R_Razor #49 Posted Mar 22 2016 - 23:23

Captain

• Players
  • 8095 battles
  • [_DDM] _DDM

View PostScanjoon, on Mar 22 2016 - 14:44, said:

Other than just boredom or reasons unrelated to the game, what do believe or know are the primary reasons veteran players will or have jumped ship?

To date, I have lost 7 buds, of which 6 of them had been playing for a very long time and had many battles, and on a monthly basis dumped real coin into the game. Their main reason given for leaving is that they could no longer tolerate having spent a significant amount of real coin, and hours learning and becoming decent players, only to be dumped into teams of which were comprised mostly of scrubs and only 2 or 3 good players.

What sayeth you?

I'd say they are probably right since only they know why they left. I know I'm a relatively new (despite the account creation date, couldn't play for a couple of years from Afghanistan) player that is only beginning to pick up some of the basic mechanics of the game and if I play higher than a tier VI or so I'm screwing my team. I figure if I can get frustrated and experience rage inducing anger when I play a tier VI tank and 7 - 9 of the players on my team wouldn't even be able to breathe if it required thought then I can only imagine what it's like for someone that's been dealing with it for far longer.

Strigonx #50 Posted Mar 22 2016 - 23:25

Major

• Players
  • 38022 battles
  • [YOUJO] YOUJO

View PostHiroe, on Mar 22 2016 - 16:57, said:

What is that money draining, time consuming, future destroying hellspawn you're talking about??

RamaLamaDingDong2 #51 Posted Mar 22 2016 - 23:25

Major

• -Players-
  • 28364 battles
  • [USAA] USAA

View PostScanjoon, on Mar 22 2016 - 13:44, said:

Other than just boredom or reasons unrelated to the game, what do believe or know are the primary reasons veteran players will or have jumped ship?

To date, I have lost 7 buds, of which 6 of them had been playing for a very long time and had many battles, and on a monthly basis dumped real coin into the game. Their main reason given for leaving is that they could no longer tolerate having spent a significant amount of real coin, and hours learning and becoming decent players, only to be dumped into teams of which were comprised mostly of scrubs and only 2 or 3 good players.

What sayeth you?

So this has changed in WoT when? Always been that way will be as long as its online. I think that's a real weak excuse for quitting and has zero credibility. Real reasons is the lack of depth in the game. Lack of an end game. Lack of anything to keep interest after completing the tech tree.

Edited by GideonsBible, Mar 22 2016 - 23:26.

Iron_Soul_Stealer #52 Posted Mar 22 2016 - 23:27

Major

• Players
  • 3183 battles

View PostSteamboat_Willy_Sr, on Mar 22 2016 - 17:16, said:

80 % of my friends and family left this game because of the intolerant playerbase, that either does nothing in game but snivels up a storm, or expects others to play a certain way and snivel up a storm if you don't.

The remaining 20% because of WG incompetence, money grabbing release OP nerf later policies, map removals, MM ,RNG etc.

Perhaps they simply got bored and didn't want to say that so they blamed one of the aforementioned reasons, but they're all gone none the less.

My clan had as many as 85 members at one time, now down to 39 and barely half of those still play with any regularity.

What little I play is mostly out of habit and only during early morning hours as I sip my coffee while waking up.  Aside from that, there is just so little incentive to play, I grab my 5+5 free gold this month but by the time I hit 10K XP, I had already had enough several battles prior.

I still have an affection for the game, but vitriol from toxic players simply ruins what little fun there is left in the game.

^..Then maybe Wargaming should just do away with all in-game chat....and shut down this entire NA forum..? I mean what kind of community do we really have here, anyway..?

Most players just come here to whine and cry about one thing or another, and/or then attack and insult those players that do. Or, they just come here to discover and download the latest cheat "helpful' mods. Maybe Wg should come up with a better site for this..? ...and just shut down this entire forum, and put it out of it's misery.

Edited by Iron_Soul_Stealer, Mar 22 2016 - 23:29.

Asyranok #53 Posted Mar 22 2016 - 23:29

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 30450 battles

View PostScanjoon, on Mar 22 2016 - 20:44, said:

What sayeth you?

I left the game for over a year in 2014. The main reason was how terrible premium rounds made the game. There was and still is literally no point to an armored tank in the vast majority of situations that you will find yourself in on most available maps today. I was tired of the cop-out for low skill players to pen anything without having to bother to aim for weakspots. Then there were good players who abused gold rounds because it padded their stats. When using gold/premium rounds over standard rounds, you are basically cutting the skill wall in about half.

That was about 75% of the reason I quit the game for over a year. The other reason was artillery. I was fed up with there being 6 high tier arty on both sides in most games. The moment you left cover, 6 shells would rain down. Back then, artillery would XVM hunt, and keep the high XVM players pinned down to effectively nullify their impact - even if they were holding their shots just for the unicum. That also pissed me off. And that's not a tin foil hat theory. I had MANY artillery tell me when I asked why they were focused on me and no one else that they were prioritizing me because of my WIN8 stats. 

Finally, I was tired of having teams where I would look up to see that I was basically the last tank left, and the only one with any damage or kills was me. I couldn't carry my team exclusively anymore. A long time ago, I was good enough to go against 15 tanks, with my other 14 being basically sponges and distractions - but by 2014, either I was just getting worse, or the number of higher skill players on the enemy team was increasing.

Huey_Long #54 Posted Mar 22 2016 - 23:32

Major

• Players
  • 24397 battles
Just passed three years. I don't like change so I don't leave. Americans have a huge game market. Not alot of good games here to buy. Importing is expensive. Steam is our only option for good regular games. 

Asyranok #55 Posted Mar 22 2016 - 23:37

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 30450 battles
Oh I also left for a while because I was mad they took the Province map out of rotation for tier 10 battles. It was delightful that both spawns were instantly spotted at the end of the count down, and that half of both teams were dead 20 seconds into the match. (sarcasm)

RamaLamaDingDong2 #56 Posted Mar 22 2016 - 23:38

Major

• -Players-
  • 28364 battles
  • [USAA] USAA

View PostIron_Soul_Stealer, on Mar 22 2016 - 16:27, said:

^..Then maybe Wargaming should just do away with all in-game chat....and shut down this entire NA forum..? I mean what kind of community do we really have here, anyway..?

Most players just come here to whine and cry about one thing or another, and/or then attack and insult those players that do. Or, they just come here to discover and download the latest cheat "helpful' mods. Maybe Wg should come up with a better site for this..? ...and just shut down this entire forum, and put it out of it's misery.

The toxic in game issues would be a lot less if the chat of any player killed was muted for the remainder of that match. Most of the bickering/belittling comes after a player dies. I mean if your tank blows up you are blow to pieces in that tank you cant talk...keeps it real.

Out of matches i limit by the contact by excluding most contact. No invitations so on. I liberally use the Black List and ignore list on here. You can keep the outside filtered if you want. I just put three guys on ignore on here today. I dont care what they have to say not because they disagree with me I simply don't like them LOL.

badperson #57 Posted Mar 22 2016 - 23:41

Captain

• Players
  • 46790 battles

Having played with Scanjoon before:

I'm shocked someone as negative and perma-angry as him hasn't left already.  He puts more effort into blaming and insulting his teammates in chat, than into playing and enjoying.  Having him on my team was a real downer.

One more thing - he has a USMC seal for his profile icon.  Using USMC in your online identity is a big red flag for angry neverserveds.   Pay attention to all the xXxHARDCORExXxUSMCxXx types in game, see how true this is.

sylven11 #58 Posted Mar 22 2016 - 23:42

Major

• Players
  • 13821 battles
After 12k games I can't "power grind" like I used to.  One time 30-40 games a weekend was born. Now usually its 20-30 and I'm done. That's if I even play. During week maybe a handful of games.  Nothing so much with any gameplay aspect. Just 12k times is a lot of times to do something.

DeltaVolt #59 Posted Mar 22 2016 - 23:55

Major

• Players
  • 19782 battles
  • [BULBA] BULBA

I've stopped playing because of artillery - I no longer wish to spend my time or money supporting a game that provides a vehicle class that can sit in absolute safety behind their team and ruin other people's days. Many of my friends have stopped playing for the same reason.

Been playing (and spending significant money) on League of Legends instead - despite what many say about its community I find it to be quite a bit more friendly than the one here as long as you're friendly to them.

Pakratte #60 Posted Mar 23 2016 - 00:00

Captain

• -Players-
  • 12557 battles

View PostDeltaVolt, on Mar 22 2016 - 17:55, said:

I've stopped playing because of artillery - I no longer wish to spend my time or money supporting a game that provides a vehicle class that can sit in absolute safety behind their team and ruin other people's days. Many of my friends have stopped playing for the same reason.

Been playing (and spending significant money) on League of Legends instead - despite what many say about its community I find it to be quite a bit more friendly than the one here as long as you're friendly to them.

And just the fact that players actually defend this rectum derived mechanic.

Edited by Pakratte, Mar 23 2016 - 00:02.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users