• Please log in to reply
940 replies to this topic

Tolos #881 Posted Feb 07 2019 - 15:14

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 25997 battles
  • [GDF] GDF

View PostKerosedge, on Feb 07 2019 - 14:11, said:

Turned into a job. Not a game. Game only caters to the top 10 clans meaning everyone else gets fu**ed. Out of tanks, gold and everything else.
Don't mind competition. But there's limits to to the overall fairness of it all.

What an idiotic comment lol. If you truly think the game caters to the top 10 clans, you are better off quitting.

As for the reasons, after a large amount of games, I simply got bored and moved onto other games. WoT is old now, and it cant compete with some of the newer titles. 

GeorgePreddy #882 Posted Feb 07 2019 - 15:21

Major

• Players
  • 14680 battles

View PostShuckins, on Feb 07 2019 - 10:41, said:

When the average player considers a "break even" day a GOOD day then something is wrong.  All that an average player should hope for is to get mostly "break even" days because... they are an AVERAGE player !  If they want to have better than break even days consistently, they need to become better than average, right ??

When the break even day is followed by an 8 to 2 loss ratio day, any progress made toward a better win rate is erased.  See above.

Zourn #883 Posted Feb 07 2019 - 15:27

Sergeant

• Players
  • 16584 battles
  • [PZMAF] PZMAF

View PostNunya_000, on Apr 27 2016 - 15:56, said:

I very seldom ever miss a shot at another tank that is less than 100m from me when I have had plenty of time to aim correctly....though I might not hit exactly where I want to.  The problem starts when the tank is farther than 100m and players start to rush their shots....which is very common.

You my friend and an exception to the rule in my opinion.. I've had countless 100% aimed in shots where the reticle covered 95% of the tank(mid range 150-250ish meters), and the stupid round would go where that 1 sliver of open space was... It's so common for me that I expect to miss around 20% of all my aimed shots due to RNG rolls(when playing my light tanks). Its also increasingly frustrating when it happens in team play(stronkholds etc.). Also note, i'm referring to stationary non moving targets while I'm hiding behind bush..

GeorgePreddy #884 Posted Feb 07 2019 - 15:28

Major

• Players
  • 14680 battles

View Post3rd_MOE, on Nov 25 2018 - 15:06, said:

to the OP everyone I knew left  do due to Boredom.

I try to get my friends to play again and they say game is boring. The correct translation of "boring" as used in this sentence is "too difficult for them".

Lucasonoff #885 Posted Feb 07 2019 - 17:21

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 21840 battles
another reason I am certain of it is not only the MM sucks big time, but if you platoon you are automatically set to be the lower tier of the match, plus when you spend real money on a premium tank because of the way it performs and the quality to later on get a patch that nerf these tank to render them as bad as non premium tank just to cater too player that do not want to spend money. a very good example is my French Arty the lefth..it used to be accurate and decent damage. well not only did it get nerfed, but the accuracy has been reduce to crapbut that arty has no splash damage so it is now worth almost nothing. Yet I have spend real money to get it...

24cups #886 Posted Feb 07 2019 - 19:02

Major

• Players
  • 24375 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

Your Lefh was nerfed ? Mine wasn't. WG must hate you.

Premium arty were not nerfed.

Iron_Soul_Stealer #887 Posted Mar 22 2019 - 01:23

Major

• Players
  • 3183 battles

View PostLucasonoff, on Feb 07 2019 - 11:21, said:

another reason I am certain of it is not only the MM sucks big time, but if you platoon you are automatically set to be the lower tier of the match, plus when you spend real money on a premium tank because of the way it performs and the quality to later on get a patch that nerf these tank to render them as bad as non premium tank just to cater too player that do not want to spend money. a very good example is my French Arty the lefth..it used to be accurate and decent damage. well not only did it get nerfed, but the accuracy has been reduce to crapbut that arty has no splash damage so it is now worth almost nothing. Yet I have spend real money to get it...

I'm pretty sure Wargaming is NOT permitted, by law, to nerf premium tanks that you've spent real money on.

*However, I believe they can nerf the ammunition that premium tank uses {and the damage/spread the ammo does etc.}. I think that may be the connection....and 'loophole' you are trying to illustrate.

Edited by Iron_Soul_Stealer, Mar 22 2019 - 01:26.

CheapWine #888 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 05:32

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 16058 battles

Playing bottom tier 75% of the time = no fun. 

Playing dodge arty=no fun

Getting large negative credits ripped out of my account =a why bother playing attitude.

Gimmick tanks such as clown cars and crazy alpha KV2 =stupid.

Free to play = deceptive and misleading advertising.

Toxic environment.

The game looks great and is such a great concept but overall I just find it takes more from me than it gives me in enjoyment so I find myself playing less often over time.

jsn87xi76slk92mc802d7sk1 #889 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 07:20

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 3929 battles
because they game has been destroyed is why

Iron_Soul_Stealer #890 Posted Mar 25 2019 - 02:41

Major

• Players
  • 3183 battles

View Postjsn87xi76slk92mc802d7sk1, on Mar 23 2019 - 01:20, said:

because they game has been destroyed is why

What..? The game has been destroyed..? How so..?

3bagsfull #891 Posted Mar 25 2019 - 02:54

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 2713 battles

Veteran players are players that were part of the game during the significant development phase (in this case years) of the game.   So the answer to that question as to why they leave is the same for every game - it ventured away from the game that drew them to it in the first place.  Veteran players that understand "sunk cost" realize the game has went a direction it can't come back from and becomes something vastly different than what attracted them to it - so they just leave.   

Iron_Soul_Stealer #892 Posted Mar 25 2019 - 03:12

Major

• Players
  • 3183 battles

View Post3bagsfull, on Mar 24 2019 - 20:54, said:

Veteran players are players that were part of the game during the significant development phase (in this case years) of the game.   So the answer to that question as to why they leave is the same for every game - it ventured away from the game that drew them to it in the first place.  Veteran players that understand "sunk cost" realize the game has went a direction it can't come back from and becomes something vastly different than what attracted them to it - so they just leave.   

^..So basically, you're saying the game changed too much for these players, so they quit..?

3bagsfull #893 Posted Mar 25 2019 - 03:17

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 2713 battles

View PostIron_Soul_Stealer, on Mar 25 2019 - 02:12, said:

^..So basically, you're saying the game changed too much for these players, so they quit..?

Yep, those that did.   The reasons can be all over the place - since people were attracted to the game for varying reasons.

If someone joined the game expecting to have tank v tank gameplay - they probably got sick and tired of artillery.

If someone joined the game expecting high level end game play - they really got sick and tired of what has transpired over the years.

Etc, etc.

Altwar #894 Posted Mar 25 2019 - 04:20

Major

• Players
  • 58073 battles
  • [-GNR-] -GNR-

I'm sorry but I don't want to review 45 pages of thread here so I'll ask if anyone defined what a veteran player is?  I like to think I'm one.  My qualifications:

• Been playing since April 2011
  • Have logged in 56,000 battles, give or take a few dozen as the in-game, webpage and WoT Assistant seem to have a bit of a difference.
  • I've 170 (ish) tanks in garage
  • I've played perhaps a little over 300 different tanks a minimum of 50 battles each
  • Have played Clan Wars, Skirmishes, Team Battles
  • Have played various modes such as Chaffee SPORT races, 100 years creation anniversary, Rampage, Steel Hunter, Moon Mayhem, etc.

Nothing special to be sure.   Just establishing that I think I'm a veteran player here.

I think one reason why I've stuck it out where others haven't is that I don't take this game too seriously.  I enjoy the heck out of it, feel some bit of joy when I achieve accomplishments and some bit of disappointment when I don't.  I have good days and bad and lots of mediocre ones.  SPGs don't bother me overly much, even when I'm focused.   Autoloaders concern me far more.   Don't care how many times I get placed as the bottom tier because I enjoy a challenge and remember when the tier spread was far greater...and still fun.  I see teammates make mistakes just about every battle and I don't scold them or insult them because hey:  I make mistakes all the time.  

Things I don't like about the game are players who die early and immediately blame teammates.   There are some rare occasions where a teammate may indeed contribute to an early destruction;  I remember a teammate pushing across a bridge and pushing my slow, low tonnage TD into the water in his hurry to get to where he was going.  I didn't appreciate it but I other than a single post that said something to the effect of thanks for costing me my vehicle, I moved on to the next battle;  I don't have time to sit in a battle and continually scold, insult and throw a tantrum, especially when I can just load up into another battle.

I don't like the better players who immediately talk smack about teammates simply because they don't feel they measure up.  I may even chirp a bit to defend but over time I've learned just to quickly click that guy into a block for the battle.

Gamewise I wish there were more maps of course and that they were larger, even at the expense of stats.  Heck, expanded maps meant less continual contact, more draws or less battles that resulted in the complete destruction of one team, that's fine too.   I just want to play, not rack up meaningless numbers.  Meaningless in that I don't strive to improve my numbers to get into an upper clan or impress fellow tankers.  I don't ever mean to be a streamer or put in the work it takes to be a recognized community contributor.   I've simply got other things to do, even if that means watching a Fast & Furious movie for the umpteenth time.

TLDR:  I believe I'm a veteran player who enjoys the game, doesn't agree with the many statements of broken this, unfair that.  I believe that some veteran players might leave the game because time just moves on for people and they might find they enjoy a different entertainment option or don't have the time anymore or a life event happens.

jsn87xi76slk92mc802d7sk1 #895 Posted Mar 25 2019 - 13:11

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 3929 battles

View PostIron_Soul_Stealer, on Mar 25 2019 - 02:41, said:

What..? The game has been destroyed..? How so..?

nah son i aint getting nojebaited today

Urabouttudie #896 Posted Mar 25 2019 - 13:56

Major

• Players
  • 21913 battles
Vet players are leaving because the forums offer even less entertainment value than the actual game does...

SkaerKrow #897 Posted Mar 25 2019 - 17:12

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 17367 battles
I quit the game because I vastly prefer World of Warships. For a brief period of time Frontlines lured me back but...no. This game just doesn’t do anything to hold my interest, other than let me look at beautiful tank models in the garage.

kittikat #898 Posted Mar 25 2019 - 17:16

Major

• Players
  • 8147 battles
  • [BADGR] BADGR
some come back. i did. but mostly cause the gf wants to play now. and not being in a land-holding/competitive clan allows me to murder my stats without caring. in the name of "playing for fun" and holy fuq play4fun really is fun.

teamoldmill #899 Posted Mar 25 2019 - 19:26

Major

• Players
  • 15473 battles
Balance. Germany sucks. So much time invested, all my good crews, just pretty useless. Keep getting hopes up for balance changed, never happens.

barbaroja_Ar #900 Posted Mar 25 2019 - 20:02

Corporal

• Players
  • 29401 battles

View Post782GearUSMC, on Mar 22 2016 - 16:44, said:

What sayeth you?

Started playing in 2012.

Played actively until WoWs (3 years ago), the migrated gradually out of WoT.

Game has turned in a PC version of a Console game. Not what i liked.

Having spent some money in this game its quite frustrating. Done the same in WoWs.

Yesterday I needed to break a while from WoWs (which is in the same exact path) and played a couple of battles.

Seems i'm missing nothing. 

BTW. When your arty gets countered in tier V 2 seconds after your second shot, you know forbidden mods are here to stay.

So basically, i may play a game every now and then, but for the time being, I'm out. 

Always hope to come back and find something good, but its not the case.

Good luck everyone

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users