Why do veteran players leave WoT?

• Please log in to reply
940 replies to this topic

driveinman #901 Posted Mar 25 2019 - 20:19

Corporal

• Players
  • 15584 battles
  • [1STVC] 1STVC
RIGHT ON 782! grinding 8's against 10's for MONTHS and maybe half way through on SOME of my 8's. WHY in the "F" isn't it near 50% on "MM".  I think the best option for WOT is to only battle "1" tier higher or lower. 6's against 7's and 5's. 8's against 9's and 7's. 3's against 4's and 2's.

Fwl_K_Knispel #902 Posted Mar 25 2019 - 20:51

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 20782 battles

When I first joined, I thought this would be a fun way to pass my free time.  I try to play more along the lines of a genuine tank commander, not merely a gamer.  During this time, I have noted a number of things that are beginning to sour my opinion.

1.  MM 

a. The current 357 and upcoming "improvement" are worthless.  WG forgot that in real life a tank that didn't have a gun that could pen the enemy or armor bounce their shells was pulled from active duty. The lowest Tier tanks are nothing but HP fodder in a 3 Tier battle. 

b. Also, I've seen team HP totals that are over 3000 HP apart.  That basically gives the team with the higher HP the equivalent of a Tier 10 heavy and a Tier 8 medium, so the battle is essentially 15 vs 17.

c. Team composition is poor.  I may not be the top player, but having my 14 teammates get killed in less than 5 minutes with only 1 kill among is not right.

d. Clown cars - There should be no teams with clown cars vs a team that doesn't even have any fast light tanks or fast firing tanks to counter them.  They were never meant to battle tanks in real life, but to provide airlift capable vehicles and reconnaissance.

2. Shot randomizer - needs a complete rework.  In the current release, both double results with a single hit and no results crop up like regularly. You also can't detrack a tank that is already detracked. 

3.  Historically tanks were loaded with HE rounds to use against fortifications and as extra artillery. They were never fired as primary antitank rounds, except when that was all that was left in the rack.  They also don't have enough penetration to pen any tanks armor, so why have HP reductions for hits unless the round can actually pen the armor where it hits?

4. None of the arty in this game was ever capable of point shooting in real life, so why is it capable of it in the game?  A direct hit should be a random event not a given.  Also, their arty rounds were contact fused.  Hiding in the trees would cause the arty rounds to explode in the treetops not the tanks below them.

5.  No armored car ever had armor like a tank, yet the clown cars have HP like tanks.  Most could barely deflect an AP GPMG round let alone a 20-25mm cannon round.  Physically that would be impossible for them to move with that much armor without being physically larger to accommodate a larger drive train.

Maybe a little more reality is in order to make skill as important as what vehicle is chosen.

Altwar #903 Posted Mar 25 2019 - 20:58

Major

• Players
  • 58027 battles
  • [-GNR-] -GNR-

View PostFwl_K_Knispel, on Mar 25 2019 - 11:51, said:

Maybe a little more reality is in order to make skill as important as what vehicle is chosen.

If you want a little more reality, how about aiming at the basics?  First aid kits should not be reviving crew members.  Repair kits shouldn't be returning a tracked tank back to battle in seconds. Tank guns should not be sticking thru trees, rocks, buildings or each other. 

Iron_Soul_Stealer #904 Posted Apr 01 2019 - 00:46

Major

• Players
  • 3183 battles

View PostAltwar, on Mar 25 2019 - 14:58, said:

If you want a little more reality, how about aiming at the basics?  First aid kits should not be reviving crew members.  Repair kits shouldn't be returning a tracked tank back to battle in seconds. Tank guns should not be sticking thru trees, rocks, buildings or each other. 

Well, to be fair, Dude... World of Tanks is an arcade style pixel-tank game.

*While I appreciate and admire the WWII 'closeness' and historical features and details of the game, I also understand and accept that certain liberties need to be taken by the developers to make the game more exciting, playable, and most importantly, fun. Besides, I don't mind the 'cartoon-tank' aspects of the game. I think it adds character.

Valkyr #905 Posted Apr 01 2019 - 01:42

Sergeant

• Players
  • 68404 battles

8 year player who has spent over $1000 on this game.

I've got 10 more tanks to research and then I will have them all, and the grind will be over.  Why will I leave?

Match Making broken. 80% of the time you are given a -1/-2 tier battle.

Same maps over and over. Hell, there are at least half a dozen that we used to play, fix them and bring them back!

Power creep. New premium tanks that require premium rounds to penetrate....yawn.

Iron_Soul_Stealer #906 Posted Apr 01 2019 - 01:50

Major

• Players
  • 3183 battles

View Post3bagsfull, on Mar 24 2019 - 21:17, said:

View PostIron_Soul_Stealer, on Mar 25 2019 - 02:12, said:

^..So basically, you're saying the game changed too much for these players, so they quit..?

Yep, those that did.   The reasons can be all over the place - since people were attracted to the game for varying reasons.

If someone joined the game expecting to have tank v tank gameplay - they probably got sick and tired of artillery.

If someone joined the game expecting high level end game play - they really got sick and tired of what has transpired over the years.

Etc, etc.

Why couldn't these players just adapt and overcome..? That's what so many of these same folks told me to do when I first started playing this game...and that was almost 10 years ago. And I'm still here. Besides, as they say... change is inevitable.

toesave #907 Posted Apr 01 2019 - 01:51

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 23720 battles
  • [DIXIE] DIXIE

View PostGermanMade, on Mar 22 2016 - 19:53, said:

Scanjoon,

I looked you up on Wotlabs and saw no clan history, so I'm going to assume your buds weren't in clans either.   I will also assume all your game play has been in pubs, with maybe a chance you played some Tank Companies of the past.

If all you are playing is pubs, you and your buds are missing out on so much more.   After a few hours of playing pubs myself, I'm on the edge of raging.   I will strongly recommend you in joining a clan and getting involved in other play this game has to offer:   Detachments, Strongholds, Clan Wars, Tournaments, Team Battles...etc.   (yes, you can do some of those without being in a clan)   These other game modes have a lot of offer with room for improvement.  

I just saying, if your only playing pubs, you will get burnt.  

bingo... right on the button my main clan took a huge and I mean huge hit over the last month..  3 really great player called it quits..   two I know personally one of which borrowed my lawn tractor..   I went on his machine to get him back on and no world of anything..    seems they can't deal with the wheeled cars..  if this classic does not end quick the crap will hit the fan.  we missed a training mission because most wanted to play classic  leader sent at least two packing this is not going to end well...

go run t-6 skirms or t-8  way better then randoms….I have way more fun in this clan at t-6 then I ever had in t10.(not a matter of life or death in this clan)..….all randoms do for me is make me want to quit...  oh wait am I next to go.. what was my password to world of Warcraft...…

wot does not seem to care they are bleeding players like they are.. rather then listen to the players they come up with useless stuff that can only frustrate the player base..... more maps they said  but after 4 hours yesterday I saw 6 different maps.  seems you can locked in to a set...   I started today got three then a repeat of two came here to see players whine about stuff wot won\t fix.....

Edited by toesave, Apr 01 2019 - 02:00.

toesave #908 Posted Apr 01 2019 - 02:21

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 23720 battles
  • [DIXIE] DIXIE

View PostNunya_000, on Mar 22 2016 - 19:59, said:

This game is repetitious and WILL get boring for ALL of us.  It is human nature to find reasons why we do not enjoy things we once enjoyed.  While I have not been here since the beginning, I have no doubt that teams included a lot of "scrub" ever since it's release.  Why is it an issue now?  Maybe it is because with XVM, we can now actually see the scrubs.

not sure vxm has any real effect... just colors now,, no more "chance to win",,bet most do not even look at it,, hell they do not look at the mini map anymore, more like not setting standards.    what could be helpful is to have "groups" under 50% and over 50%  the best will not see what you call scrubs and your scrubs will not see the best of the best...battle will be way closer and very intense... I won't like it on my main it will be okay on this account I just goof off on this account it is hiding place I bet camping cause more hate then anything....

vxm does not tell the tale at all.. it has no idea if I am going to have the game of my life or if I am going to hide behind a building and hope for the best... all it does for most, is let you know if the player you are shooting at is good or not

24cups #909 Posted Apr 01 2019 - 14:41

Major

• Players
  • 24366 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

View PostFwl_K_Knispel, on Mar 25 2019 - 14:51, said:

When I first joined, I thought this would be a fun way to pass my free time.  I try to play more along the lines of a genuine tank commander, not merely a gamer.  During this time, I have noted a number of things that are beginning to sour my opinion.

WG forgot that in real life a tank that didn't have a gun that could pen the enemy or armor bounce their shells was pulled from active duty. 

Considering your ingame name you should know that the PZ III was in use throughout the war.  Yes, even against KV34-85 and IS tanks. 

Never mind some even worse. 

If it ran the Germans used it.  By the end beggars could not be choosers. 

Iron_Soul_Stealer #910 Posted Apr 02 2019 - 04:10

Major

• Players
  • 3183 battles

View Posttoesave, on Mar 31 2019 - 20:21, said:

not sure XVM has any real effect... just colors now,, no more "chance to win",,bet most do not even look at it,, hell they do not look at the mini map anymore, more like not setting standards.    what could be helpful is to have "groups" under 50% and over 50%  the best will not see what you call scrubs and your scrubs will not see the best of the best...battle will be way closer and very intense... I won't like it on my main it will be okay on this account I just goof off on this account it is hiding place I bet camping cause more hate then anything....

vxm does not tell the tale at all.. it has no idea if I am going to have the game of my life or if I am going to hide behind a building and hope for the best... all it does for most, is let you know if the player you are shooting at is good or not

^..Good. Are you saying they finally good rid of that '%chance-to-win' feature..? If so, finally...

*One down, one more to go.

kittikat #911 Posted Apr 04 2019 - 15:02

Major

• Players
  • 8147 battles
  • [BADGR] BADGR

View PostIron_Soul_Stealer, on Apr 01 2019 - 23:10, said:

^..Good. Are you saying they finally good rid of that '%chance-to-win' feature..? If so, finally...

nope, it's still there. just depends on what mod you run. but it's still there. :/

NeatoMan #912 Posted Apr 04 2019 - 15:17

Major

• Players
  • 28089 battles

View PostIron_Soul_Stealer, on Apr 01 2019 - 22:10, said:

XVM got rid of it more than a year ago, around the time the LT trees got reworked for tier 10.   Any win chance being shown nowadays is unrelated to XVM, and is using a totally different formula.

Deputy276 #913 Posted Apr 04 2019 - 15:29

Major

• Players
  • 20397 battles
  • [3_NZ] 3_NZ

View Postkittikat, on Apr 04 2019 - 08:02, said:

nope, it's still there. just depends on what mod you run. but it's still there. :/

This. Aslain still has it in his mod pack.

Iron_Soul_Stealer #914 Posted Apr 07 2019 - 02:12

Major

• Players
  • 3183 battles

View PostDeputy276, on Apr 04 2019 - 09:29, said:

This. Aslain still has it in his mod pack.

View PostNeatoMan, on Apr 04 2019 - 09:17, said:

XVM got rid of it more than a year ago, around the time the LT trees got reworked for tier 10.   Any win chance being shown nowadays is unrelated to XVM, and is using a totally different formula.

^..Just curious, but how will that % 'chance-to-win' feature still work when the stat-anonymizer comes into effect and is implemented into the game client..? [*ie: anonymizerTM prevents your name from showing in-game and your stats from being pulled by XVM, and similar mod affiliates.]

Double_O7 #915 Posted Apr 07 2019 - 02:31

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 6031 battles

View PostPonce_De_LePWN, on Mar 22 2016 - 19:19, said:

so in other words some veteran players have quit because they are nonhacker crybabies that just cant deal with the game. Quitter.

Ya because playing a video game is something to really to take pride in our lives. 

Someone doesn't like the game? So what? Big deal!

Deal with it

Double_O7 #916 Posted Apr 07 2019 - 02:34

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 6031 battles

View Post782GearUSMC, on Mar 22 2016 - 13:44, said:

Other than just boredom or reasons unrelated to the game, what do you believe or know are the primary reasons veteran players will or have jumped ship?

To date, I have lost 7 buds, of which 6 of them had been playing for a very long time and had many battles, and on a monthly basis dumped real coin into the game. Their main reason given for leaving is that they could no longer tolerate having spent a significant amount of real coin, and hours learning and becoming decent players, only to be dumped into teams of which were comprised mostly of scrubs and only 2 or 3 good players.

What sayeth you?

Arty

Bad mm

Pay to win

Other issues that WG says they'll address, but never does. 

I technically don't even play this game anymore. All I do now is chill in the training rooms, and smash typography. Haven't played a real battle in a while. 

DeleriousDeadwood #917 Posted Apr 07 2019 - 04:17

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 7234 battles

1. MM - they are trying, however, they have no clue how balance teams

2. Three wheeled vehicles in a match

3. Three arty in a match

4. Having to shoot gold to compete because of (1) above

5. Getting rolled 15-1 (0r 2, 3, etc.) because of (1) above

Edited by DeleriousDeadwood, Apr 07 2019 - 04:22.

Iron_Soul_Stealer #918 Posted Apr 07 2019 - 23:29

Major

• Players
  • 3183 battles

View PostDouble_O7, on Apr 06 2019 - 20:34, said:

Arty

Bad mm

Pay to win

Other issues that WG says they'll address, but never does. 

I technically don't even play this game anymore. All I do now is chill in the training rooms, and smash typography. Haven't played a real battle in a while. 

Hey Dude...I can relate to that. 

I still play a few stretches of random battles every now and then, when I feel like it...but for the most part I've been sitting on the sidelines watching and waiting for Wargaming to finally implement this 'Fog-of-War anonymizer' feature into the client. Until then, I will also be chilling and messing around in one of my battle rooms...and/or plucking away slowly at the keyboard.

By the way, you're always welcome to join us. We usually do a lot of mid tier battles {and sometimes RvC}. It's a lot of fun. We love to brawl and we always try our hardest, but we don't take things too seriously. Look for me on the central, weekends and evenings.   

Seditious #919 Posted Apr 07 2019 - 23:53

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 216 battles

Arty, MM and RNG.  I should proly look back through this thread and see if perhaps I posted that before during one of my other absences.  Interestingly/ironically those are the same three things that irked me when I had 3,000 games (35,000ish now).  WG has been so close to making, what I would consider, the perfect game, but hubris kept them from tweaking those three areas.  Seriously, I feel like the right moves in those three areas in the beginning would have had Blizzard asking politely to use some of WG's server space and maybe trade some ad revenue.

But, they didn't.  And, now I'm on another break.  Fun to check the forums Sundays tho.  Honestly, was really fun to see all the arty fan boys in full whine mode.  Will have to check back when those 'adjustments' go live to see how it is received.

Yeah, they have adjusted arty many times and MM also, but they don't feel fixed yet.  RNG tho, the hubris really shines there, didn't they just post that will not be changing that still?  But hey, skill is skill (+/-25%).  But life is life, good job WG, you made a significant profit, tho I don't think your Wikipedia page in 20 years is going to say quite what you think it will (why do people always say 'hookers and blow' like it is a bad thing?).

iSkvio #920 Posted Apr 08 2019 - 01:00

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 9912 battles

I guess after 5-6 year of playing the same game u get boring

its the same in every video game people just leave for reason

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users