Why do veteran players leave WoT?

• Please log in to reply
940 replies to this topic

SporkBoy #921 Posted Apr 08 2019 - 04:08

Major

• Players
  • 46968 battles
  • [PZB] PZB
25 years, and counting, of martial arts practice. Every sessions begins with the same basic kata - you can find amazing depth in even the seemingly simplest forms. If you are bored by repetition you are doing it wrong.

Iron_Soul_Stealer #922 Posted Apr 10 2019 - 23:47

Major

• Players
  • 3183 battles

View PostSporkBoy, on Apr 07 2019 - 22:08, said:

25 years, and counting, of martial arts practice. Every sessions begins with the same basic kata - you can find amazing depth in even the seemingly simplest forms. If you are bored by repetition you are doing it wrong.

We have a saying in my neck of the woods....

"It may take 5 minutes to learn, but it takes a lifetime to master"  ...:)

View Postjsn87xi76slk92mc802d7sk1, on Mar 25 2019 - 07:11, said:

nah son i aint getting nojebaited today

^..Huh..? ...:amazed: What is that supposed to mean..?

View PostUrabouttudie, on Mar 25 2019 - 07:56, said:

Vet players are leaving because the forums offer even less entertainment value than the actual game does...

^..Roger that.

Not too long ago, I used to have a for-fun/off-topic thread where I encouraged other fellow posters to respectfully share a variety of concepts, theories, and other cool and interesting stuff about our universe {regardless of how 'fringy' and outrageous}, but it started gaining too much popularity here, and I suspect a few rotten apple posters were getting salty because of it. So, it was unfairly shut down and closed...and I never did get a reasonable explanation as to why. You might remember it..? It was titled: Are we Alone in the Universe..? What do you believe..?

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/422768-are-we-alone-in-the-universe-what-do-you-believe/page__st__140__pid__8617916#entry8617916

This is what it used to look like:

Spoiler

Anyway, I was thinking about starting up another similar for-fun OTDT discussion thread, but it would certainly get shut down again for no reason, just like my other thread did. So, I won't even bother anymore.

fire_raven #923 Posted Apr 12 2019 - 02:23

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 3548 battles
 Spotting system caused me to quit the last time and heading that way again. 

Altwar #924 Posted Apr 12 2019 - 02:29

Major

• Players
  • 58041 battles
  • [-GNR-] -GNR-

View Postfire_raven, on Apr 11 2019 - 17:23, said:

3000 battles since late 2010?   Er....were you ever here (much)?  :amazed:

fire_raven #925 Posted Apr 12 2019 - 16:09

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 3548 battles

View PostAltwar, on Apr 11 2019 - 17:29, said:

3000 battles since late 2010?   Er....were you ever here (much)?  :amazed:

Only through beta and the start of clan wars. Recently came back to see it was the same old crap with new pixels plus my old clan closed years ago. 
  You do know they wiped beta accounts when the game went live, don't you? 

Edited by fire_raven, Apr 12 2019 - 16:50.

DUKE_AUTY #926 Posted Apr 12 2019 - 18:22

Captain

• Players
  • 39311 battles
I'm only still here so I can brag about being the last player.

Darkhavox #927 Posted Apr 12 2019 - 18:40

Corporal

• Players
  • 14672 battles
  • [-EV-] -EV-

Reasons:

• Playing for a long time and it's a burnout

• The grind is insane

• Too many unrealistic tanks or tanks in general.

• Bored

• Not Fun anymore

• Maps suck and players suck

• ** it's not what it used to be ** 

other things imo: premium shop looks greedy as hell even with the discounts its still a lot of money. why should i spend $50+ the price of a tripple A game for a F2P game for coins or tanks that in my opinion arent worth it

grandthefttankV #928 Posted Apr 12 2019 - 19:46

Major

• Players
  • 35441 battles
  • [_EOS_] _EOS_

View PostDarkhavox, on Apr 12 2019 - 17:40, said:

Reasons:

• Playing for a long time and it's a burnout

• The grind is insane

• Too many unrealistic tanks or tanks in general.

• Bored

• Not Fun anymore

• Maps suck and players suck

• ** it's not what it used to be ** 

other things imo: premium shop looks greedy as hell even with the discounts its still a lot of money. why should i spend $50+ the price of a tripple A game for a F2P game for coins or tanks that in my opinion arent worth it

Dont forget broken game economy that punishes players for playing

donalson99 #929 Posted Apr 12 2019 - 19:54

Major

• -Players-
  • 28435 battles

in short... BORDEM

I'm dabbling back after over a year away... after this mission marathon I'm not sure how long I'll stay around...  I had a lull some years back when WG stopped doing the regular weekend tournies... I enjoyed those A LOT and it was really a big part of me playing as much as I did... then I decided I wanted one of those fancy tier10 CW reward tanks, I joined the best clan that would have me that was known to win tanks... I wasn't planning to stick around but liked the guys in the clan, when CW started back up I played mostly because I enjoyed the people and chance to platoon in non CW times, it sure wasn't for the gold earning of CW2.0... I managed another tier10 CW tank and then just kinda stopped playing... at that point most of my time playing outside of CW2.0 was just grinding credits to keep playing CW and buying more and more tier10 tanks... in that year I did go from about 5 tier10 tanks to over 20

in coming back they've changed a lot of maps... i'm not sure for the better, seems a lot more campy meta now, the graphics have changed... meh don't care there and a lot more highly armored tanks have been added, I don't mind flanking and shooting prem... although learning the new maps flank routes has sucked...

82nd_19D1P_D3 #930 Posted Apr 12 2019 - 21:42

Captain

• Players
  • 41903 battles
  • [3-73] 3-73

I keep seeing this thread pop up and thought I would chime in.

I have 40,000 battles under my belt and have play 3 battles in the last couple months and that was only to get the free dog camo. I stopped playing for several reasons:

1. They nerfed the Chimera missions AFTER I worked my [edited]off to get it. Now Potatoes can get one with little effort.

2. Wheeled vehicles are annoying as hell and broke the game.

3. The first set of Grand Battles this year broke me and my desire to play.

4. Various seedy and sketchy business practices by WG (Selling tanks like the Mutant again, Not selling the Type 59 and putting it in loot crates, nerfing premium tanks and talk of nerfing premium ammo).

Oh and to WG apologists you can save your "you signed the user agreement, WG can do whatever they want with premium tanks" you can go ******* ****** ***. :great:

Iron_Soul_Stealer #931 Posted Apr 15 2019 - 01:57

Major

• Players
  • 3183 battles

View Postfire_raven, on Apr 11 2019 - 20:23, said:

Yep, I can relate to that.

*Scouting and/or playing fast light tanks used to be my favourite thing to do in this game, but recent changes, along with the nerf CASTRATION of my favourite little Soviet T-50 light tank put me on the sidelines for a very long time, and for the most part, kept me there. So, until something is done about that...enjoy our 'World of stupidly overpowered invisible Tank GAME Destroyers'. Just my opinion.

View PostDUKE_AUTY, on Apr 12 2019 - 12:22, said:

I'm only still here so I can brag about being the last player.

^...:D I applaud your dedication and effort, Dude.

Iron_Soul_Stealer #932 Posted May 21 2019 - 01:46

Major

• Players
  • 3183 battles

Block Quote

Why do veteran players leave WoT?

^..Well, to be honest, OP ...I'm not leaving because of any issues with the game, right now. It's actually the beautiful weather outside that is keeping me from playing. But I usually take a break from video games this time of year to enjoy our nice weather. I may check in to the forum from time to time, to keep updated, but until then, enjoy your summer, everyone! ...:) See you again in the fall.

grandthefttankV #933 Posted May 21 2019 - 07:10

Major

• Players
  • 35441 battles
  • [_EOS_] _EOS_

View PostIron_Soul_Stealer, on Apr 15 2019 - 00:57, said:

Yep, I can relate to that.

*Scouting and/or playing fast light tanks used to be my favourite thing to do in this game, but recent changes, along with the nerf CASTRATION of my favourite little Soviet T-50 light tank put me on the sidelines for a very long time, and for the most part, kept me there. So, until something is done about that...enjoy our 'World of stupidly overpowered invisible Tank GAME Destroyers'. Just my opinion.

^...:D I applaud your dedication and effort, Dude.

But on the other hand, spotting enemy tanks through buildings or cliffs is a thing due to the new sonar they have installed in scout tanks

VooDooKobra #934 Posted May 21 2019 - 07:13

Major

• Players
  • 9817 battles
  • [MOVE] MOVE

View Post82nd_19D1P_D3, on Apr 12 2019 - 13:42, said:

I keep seeing this thread pop up and thought I would chime in.

I have 40,000 battles under my belt and have play 3 battles in the last couple months and that was only to get the free dog camo. I stopped playing for several reasons:

1. They nerfed the Chimera missions AFTER I worked my [edited]off to get it. Now Potatoes can get one with little effort.

2. Wheeled vehicles are annoying as hell and broke the game.

3. The first set of Grand Battles this year broke me and my desire to play.

4. Various seedy and sketchy business practices by WG (Selling tanks like the Mutant again, Not selling the Type 59 and putting it in loot crates, nerfing premium tanks and talk of nerfing premium ammo).

Oh and to WG apologists you can save your "you signed the user agreement, WG can do whatever they want with premium tanks" you can go ******* ****** ***. :great:

what premium tanks did they nerf after the superpershing?

doors4752 #935 Posted May 21 2019 - 07:42

Private

• Players
  • 52389 battles
  • [STRNG] STRNG
Unbalanced MM, not skill based MM

Anublister #936 Posted May 21 2019 - 21:24

Captain

• Players
  • 68702 battles
  • [--T--] --T--

View Post782GearUSMC, on Mar 22 2016 - 19:44, said:

Other than just boredom or reasons unrelated to the game, what do you believe or know are the primary reasons veteran players will or have jumped ship?

Their main reason given for leaving is that they could no longer tolerate having spent a significant amount of real coin, and hours learning and becoming decent players, only to be dumped into teams of which were comprised mostly of scrubs and only 2 or 3 good players.

Pretty much that.

Now think of how it might be if each team had their good players distributed to both sides? Giving the veteran players some competition, as well as the scrubs. The challenge being who is the last man standing. You have one good player who concentrates on thinning the heard, and the other thinking it's best to take out that one good tanker. Who wins? It becomes worthwhile to play out that random battle.

Otherwise the draw is playing in a clan with like ability platoon mates.

Clan wars, Strongholds and Tournaments are the competition. Random is just a grind, and a frustratingly unsatisfying one.

Iron_Soul_Stealer #937 Posted May 28 2019 - 01:57

Major

• Players
  • 3183 battles

View PostgrandthefttankV, on May 21 2019 - 01:10, said:

But on the other hand, spotting enemy tanks through buildings or cliffs is a thing due to the new sonar they have installed in scout tanks

^..Did they borrow that feature from World of Warships..? ...:D

SkunkButt #938 Posted May 28 2019 - 02:08

Captain

• Players
  • 191 battles

View Post782GearUSMC, on Mar 22 2016 - 13:44, said:

Other than just boredom or reasons unrelated to the game, what do you believe or know are the primary reasons veteran players will or have jumped ship?

First reason people quit:
Matchmaker
Second reason people quit:

'Gold' ammo spam rendering no matter what they drive, or how, effectively unarmored (for most).

Third reason people quit:
Toxic atmosphere, nerfing people's favored vehicles or removing them but not others similarly 'adjusted'.

New number one - creating events that are time gated, locking certain players out entirely.  Or, in the case of this recent farce, gated by 'limited numbers' (as if digital items can even *have* limited numbers).

lonezewolf #939 Posted May 28 2019 - 02:12

Captain

• -Players-
  • 15155 battles
  • [PTON] PTON

I stopped playing the game for two years, just couldn't continue to comprehend the teams lack of skill. With that being said, there could be a number of reason, rage quitting is one of the major reason, you encounter a troll who would on purpose have you ram into them, causing you to turn blue, which gives the whole team to kill you without any consequences. 

Another thing  that occurs on WOT is boredom, I remember putting in $50 into th game, and just not using the premium period. It went to waste along with my $50. Unless you make goals into the game, and say get MOE's (Mark of excellent) or just make sure that dispite the team's stupidity, you just know that you put you part in. 

Jryder #940 Posted May 28 2019 - 04:12

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 13911 battles

View Post782GearUSMC, on Mar 22 2016 - 11:44, said:

To date, I have lost 7 buds, of which 6 of them had been playing for a very long time and had many battles, and on a monthly basis dumped real coin into the game. Their main reason given for leaving is that they could no longer tolerate having spent a significant amount of real coin, and hours learning and becoming decent players, only to be dumped into teams of which were comprised mostly of scrubs and only 2 or 3 good players.

What sayeth you?

So in essence, your buds got tired of the game. That's the answer that fits most people. it's not a mystery.

The mystery is how your buds, played for, "a very long time", and dumped a large amount of money into the game, and then-out of the blue-decided that the game was somehow different and not worthy of playing.

When your buds started, they were Red and sucked-just like always, and just like the players' they complain about.

The battles have always been random. You get good teams and bad-just like it always has been.

Framing this as a "the game sucks and needs to be changed" post is deceptive-this is a "some guys got bored and left" post.

People burn out and leave all the time, it's not news nor is it worthy of a thread. The difference is that most players who leave realize that nobody cares so they don't bother to make a production of it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users