Why do veteran players leave WoT?

• Please log in to reply
975 replies to this topic

badmonkey59 #941 Posted May 28 2019 - 04:52

Captain

• Players
  • 44595 battles
  • [-_W_-] -_W_-

I've been playing since 2011. Many of my friends have done the same thing and left the game. Some of the reasons are:

-The Power Creep

-The Constant Money Grabs with OP Premium Tanks. (remember when this game wasn't pay to win?)

-The Constant Nerfing of Tier X Tanks After Long Grinds.

-RNG.

-Wargamings Screw You Attitude.

But the main reason is:

-All The Really Bad Teams That Ruin The Game.

Iron_Soul_Stealer #942 Posted Dec 09 2019 - 01:28

Major

• Players
  • 3183 battles

View Postbadmonkey59, on May 27 2019 - 22:52, said:

I've been playing since 2011. Many of my friends have done the same thing and left the game. Some of the reasons are:

-The Power Creep

-The Constant Money Grabs with OP Premium Tanks. (remember when this game wasn't pay to win?)

-RNG.

But the main reason is:

I had a few gaming friends in WOT and WoWS that entirely quit both games because of problems they were having with the WGC {wargaming game center}. True story...:(

Lapdog1 #943 Posted Dec 09 2019 - 01:46

Major

• Players
  • 9047 battles
I have done my final uninstall today. I guess I will chalk the investment up as a loss. Sure MM obviously stacks teams. Off course illegal mods are rampant and run unchecked.  My biggest reason is the apparent RNG offsets that are applied to entire teams, be it nerfing or buffing, It's ridiculous being played by this corporation. 

Iron_Soul_Stealer #944 Posted Dec 09 2019 - 02:12

Major

• Players
  • 3183 battles

View PostLapdog1, on Dec 08 2019 - 19:46, said:

I have done my final uninstall today. I guess I will chalk the investment up as a loss. Sure MM obviously stacks teams. Off course illegal mods are rampant and run unchecked.  My biggest reason is the apparent RNG offsets that are applied to entire teams, be it nerfing or buffing, It's ridiculous being played by this corporation. 

Sorry to see you leave, Dude...:confused:

I'm trying to give the game another chance. I've now got the latest wot client installed again, but I have to figure out how to shut off and uninstall that ridiculous WGC center...:facepalm:

Scrawnybeaver #945 Posted Dec 09 2019 - 02:16

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 17248 battles

View Poststalkervision, on Mar 22 2016 - 20:49, said:

seriously how many times can one fight on the same old tired maps?

70,000+ times apparently :teethhappy:

BitterGosling #946 Posted Dec 09 2019 - 02:23

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 23640 battles

View Poststalkervision, on Mar 22 2016 - 19:49, said:

seriously how many times can one fight on the same old tired maps?

Exactly.  They have had the same few maps in the game for years.  New maps are rare and not always enjoyable (Studzianki ring a bell?).  For me, I hardly play this game anymore because it has just become stale.

Would love to see:

1) new maps and better map rotation.  Even though there are a fair amount of maps in the game, the rotation is set to only a few for several days, and then it changes.

2) new game modes - the exact same game mode (15 v 15 random) is also stale.  Frontline was very enjoyable for a while and steelhunter was interesting.

3) new crew skills to freshen things up?

Seriously, to keep this game interesting, there needs to be more than just adding new premium tanks in monthly.

stryker105mm #947 Posted Dec 09 2019 - 02:36

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 5102 battles
players are leaving due 2 the bs, and also all the nonskilled players using all prem ammo which has ruined a good game. also most part of the boring azz maps small maps with tier 10s, large maps with tier 6, this bs wg does its like playing tier 1 on a grand battle map, and tier 10 on all the small bs maps. wg needs to move up or out. like all the german ht lines are ww2 era. and the russian bais tanks are post korean war ear, its almost like shooting a bb gun at ar15 steel plate makes no f sense 

BlackFive #948 Posted Dec 09 2019 - 02:39

Major

• Players
  • 38400 battles
  • [A-O-G] A-O-G

This thread was started in 2016.  Yes, THREE YEARS AGO.

I will bet you 25% of the people who left have come back (at least for a few games) in that time.

I know I did.

… and when I leave again... whelp... you know I will be back

seaeagle #949 Posted Dec 09 2019 - 02:44

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 1338 battles

I go through phases. I am in a phase of playing WOT right now especially as the weather is getting cold. During my WOT phase about all I do to pass the time is play WOT. When I need a brake i hardly ever play such as during the summer.

Gaming wise there are so many other options aside from tanking. I play WOT mainly because I find tanks fascinating. If I found other games with with elements that fascinated me, I would like have not stuck with wot for almost 9 years now. 

While the learning curve to play WoT well is steep. The curve to just drive a cool looking armoured vehicle and shoot is pretty damn low.

If I was serious player I would likely have left a while ago. However, I am not and even if I wanted I could not be as I am not intelligent enough to be. 

kgomoll #950 Posted Dec 09 2019 - 03:07

Sergeant

• Players
  • 65691 battles
  • [FORTH] FORTH

When WoT was deemed not ESPORTS material, everyone left.

Taylor3006 #951 Posted Dec 09 2019 - 03:18

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 4029 battles
Well if we are being honest, the game is pretty much the same old thing over and over again. It can be fun but it is kind of repetitive. There really is no conclusion, no story, no anything other than grinding. One is either grinding out vehicles, crews, stats, or rewards but at a certain point, you just don't want to do it any more since it is never-ending. The same old maps over and over again do not help. 

Edited by Taylor3006, Dec 09 2019 - 03:34.

VooDooKobra #952 Posted Dec 09 2019 - 03:23

Major

• Players
  • 10150 battles
  • [W-UN2] W-UN2

View Postbadmonkey59, on May 27 2019 - 20:52, said:

-The Power Creep

-RNG.

But the main reason is:

1.  powercreep i agree is an issue

2.  are you against them selling tanks or the handful of OP ones?  also are you saying that a small number of tanks makes the game more pay to win than having to pay to have a three man platoon?  having to use real money to buy gold for high end consumables and ammo?  they have removed so much of the things you need gold for in this game

3. how many tier x tanks have been nerfed that did not need it?  

4. since RNG effects everyone its really not that big of a deal

5. where exactly is this screw you attitude?  i see good changes i see bad changes but i do not really see that

6.you will get good teams and bad teams in any online pvp game, you either deal with it or play single player games

View PostLapdog1, on Dec 08 2019 - 17:46, said:

of course since we have asked you for anything to back that stuff up and you have never given anything i guess quitting is the next best thing.  yes there are cheaters but to say they are rampant i do not believe is accurate.  as for the rng again you have never given anything but feelz and everyone is supposed to blindly believe you.  

View PostBitterGosling, on Dec 08 2019 - 18:23, said:

Exactly.  They have had the same few maps in the game for years.  New maps are rare and not always enjoyable (Studzianki ring a bell?).  For me, I hardly play this game anymore because it has just become stale.

Would love to see:

1) new maps and better map rotation.  Even though there are a fair amount of maps in the game, the rotation is set to only a few for several days, and then it changes.

2) new game modes - the exact same game mode (15 v 15 random) is also stale.  Frontline was very enjoyable for a while and steelhunter was interesting.

3) new crew skills to freshen things up?

Seriously, to keep this game interesting, there needs to be more than just adding new premium tanks in monthly.

1.  with 40 maps in the game i would settle for better rotation

2.  i liked steel hunter and i even like Frontlines but no matter what  there are those who kill it by complaining about WG doing these fun things.  i even enjoyed the races

3.  if you mean additional i dont think thats a bad idea.  i still think though that sixth sense should be a freebee

one thing people forget is this game lost players to xbox, and ps4 when those versions came out

dunniteowl #953 Posted Dec 09 2019 - 04:30

Major

• -Players-
  • 31544 battles

I wonder about those folks that are "bored" of the same old maps.  I mean, football, soccer, tennis, volleyball, hockey and basketball must really suck for them.  Those maps haven't changed in like, since they started being sports.  And bowling?  That corridor design?  OMG!  Oh wait, those are all games where skill matters and the field is the same so that the skill comes out over time.  Sort of like the maps in this game, I should think.

I wonder about the folks that continue to play the game and do nothing in the forums other than complain about all the things wrong with it.

I mean, if it isn't fun, what the heck are you still doing here?  Maybe it's a personal thing like self flagellation or something.  I have to say, I just don't get that mentality.  Right now, my only complaint is I can't play since the WGC was required and it requires a P2P connection.  That's my ONLY complaint about this game.  All the rest of it?  It's part of the challenge of playing is how I see it.

YMMV

GL, HF & HSYBF!
OvO

Iron_Soul_Stealer #954 Posted Jan 25 2020 - 06:25

Major

• Players
  • 3183 battles

View PostBlackFive, on Dec 08 2019 - 20:39, said:

This thread was started in 2016.  Yes, THREE YEARS AGO.

I will bet you 25% of the people who left have come back (at least for a few games) in that time.

I know I did.

… and when I leave again... whelp... you know I will be back

^..Who is captain judo..? I just saw that in your siggy thingy...\

*and what does "QFT" mean...?  ....:unsure:

dunniteowl #955 Posted Jan 25 2020 - 17:35

Major

• -Players-
  • 31544 battles

QFT = Quote(s)(ed) For Truth

OvO

24cups #956 Posted Jan 25 2020 - 17:47

Major

• Players
  • 25127 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

View PostLapdog1, on Dec 08 2019 - 19:46, said:

Last game played shows Jan 4, 2020.

Guess that final uninstall didn't take.....or is this the "new final".

Btw, why do people uninstall yet continue to daily post on the forums? Angry that others still play  ?

Tao_Te_Tomato #957 Posted Jan 25 2020 - 19:19

Major

• -Players-
  • 28703 battles
  • [TER] TER

View Post24cups, on Jan 25 2020 - 17:47, said:

Last game played shows Jan 4, 2020.

Guess that final uninstall didn't take.....or is this the "new final".  Maybe it's like a superhero dying.  Sure, in theory, it's final - and yet they always come back for more.  As one cartoon Death put it, "You guys come back so often I don't even get to count you toward my quota."

Btw, why do people uninstall yet continue to daily post on the forums? Angry that others still play  ?   That's a huge one, I think.  They're insecure regarding their decision to quit and so they want to make sure that others a) aren't having a good time; and b) reinforce their decision.

Most necrothreads are meh.  But plus one for the cogent observation there!

Iron_Soul_Stealer #958 Posted Feb 06 2020 - 07:04

Major

• Players
  • 3183 battles

View PostTao_Te_Tomato, on Jan 25 2020 - 13:19, said:

Most necrothreads are meh.  But plus one for the cogent observation there!

^...What does "meh" mean...?

Trakks #959 Posted Feb 06 2020 - 11:04

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 3947 battles
Because they don't feel they should have to play with peasants in randoms, and rage quit when their WR starts to fall. 

Tao_Te_Tomato #960 Posted Feb 07 2020 - 04:28

Major

• -Players-
  • 28703 battles
  • [TER] TER

View PostIron_Soul_Stealer, on Feb 06 2020 - 07:04, said:

^...What does "meh" mean...?

Not particularly interesting or relevant.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users