March Heavy Tank Week + x2 Crew Weekend!

• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

Deputy276 #101 Posted Apr 01 2016 - 16:15

Major

• Players
  • 20397 battles
  • [3_NZ] 3_NZ

View PostCaomhanach, on Mar 31 2016 - 23:31, said:

At what point did I indicate that WG would or would not mislead us? They are a company seeking to make money, so I really wouldn't be surprised one way or another. My point was that we don't really fully know the algorithm and coding behind the MM, all we can base it on is gathering user data, which doesn't come from WG at all. Anyways, if you think the field of statistics is baloney, then that's fine. We can agree to disagree. As for landslides, I don't really experience complete landslides all the time, although they certainly happen.

And actually, I agree with both you and Wardaddy that rentals are screwing with the game, just for different reasons.

The point where you talked about what Wargaming "admitted". They admit to what they want us to know. THAT'S IT. They lie when it's convenient. The patent is there for everyone to see. They wouldn't take it out "just for funsies". User data is worthless because it will be biased or be accused of being biased. So nobody will believe it or they will find flaws in it. Play more pub matches if you want to experience more landslides. Especially at tier 7+. Of course, it also depends on how you "define" a landslide. Like it depends on what "is" is. :teethhappy:  Rentals are crap. Pure and simple. There are plenty of reviews on YouTube that come out long before a tank is released. People don't need to experience a crappy tank for a month to realize it is crap. We on the NA servers get the rentals, EU and RU get the SALES. And it looks like another month of crap tanks and crappier sales. 

Caomhanach #102 Posted Apr 01 2016 - 22:31

Sergeant

• Players
  • 11322 battles

View PostDeputy276, on Apr 01 2016 - 09:15, said:

The point where you talked about what Wargaming "admitted". They admit to what they want us to know. THAT'S IT. They lie when it's convenient. The patent is there for everyone to see. They wouldn't take it out "just for funsies". User data is worthless because it will be biased or be accused of being biased. So nobody will believe it or they will find flaws in it. Play more pub matches if you want to experience more landslides. Especially at tier 7+. Of course, it also depends on how you "define" a landslide. Like it depends on what "is" is. :teethhappy:  Rentals are crap. Pure and simple. There are plenty of reviews on YouTube that come out long before a tank is released. People don't need to experience a crappy tank for a month to realize it is crap. We on the NA servers get the rentals, EU and RU get the SALES. And it looks like another month of crap tanks and crappier sales. 

If you look carefully at my post, I was responding to what someone else claimed WG said. I wasn't remarking on the truthfulness of WG. In fact, everything I've said has no basis on believing what WG has or hasn't said. Quite the opposite, I'm relying on other information. I only brought it up because someone else did. User data isn't worthless because its quantifiable, assuming you actually take down enough of said data. Otherwise, we're stuck with anecdotal evidence, which isn't evidence at all. Keep in mind, I'm not talking about people stating subjective opinions about their experience, I'm talking about people writing down the numbers associated with their games and analyzing that data. Also, I have plenty of tier 7-10 games, and you don't exactly have tons more experience than me as far as that goes, so I'm not sure what your point is. I agree, landslide is a subjective term.

Again, still not disagreeing with you regarding rentals, I don't like them either, just for a different reason.

Metal_SpecialNeedsShrddr #103 Posted Jan 01 2017 - 10:36

Corporal

• Players
  • 29413 battles

View Postpitmaster666, on Mar 25 2016 - 23:58, said:

Man, you need to settle down. Its a damn game, and you are no pro yourself. Tired of self righteous pricks thinking that they are gods gift to gaming. settle down, go grab a sippy cup and a clean diaper, and let the grown ups talk.

Bro your stats are bad. "I'm not a pro myself." No crapSherlock and that's not the point of the comment bud. The point of what I said is that the company has ignored the player base for a long time and now they are FINALLY listening and doing something about it. That's what I was mad about.

Edited by Metalshreder1, Jan 01 2017 - 10:43.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users