Fine for someone else ramming me

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

Teanut #1 Posted Jul 18 2011 - 04:28

Private

• Players
  • 5327 battles
In one of my last matches, someone ran into me (same team) and I noticed I'd gotten a (small) fine for it because it caused him some damage (it damaged me too.)

theshiyal #2 Posted Jul 19 2011 - 21:18

Captain

• Players
  • 7829 battles

View PostTeanut, on Jul 18 2011 - 04:28, said:

In one of my last matches, someone ran into me (same team) and I noticed I'd gotten a (small) fine for it because it caused him some damage (it damaged me too.)
It sucks.  Ramming needs to be removed from the TK/Tdmg thing.  I had a T1 Cunningham ram my T2 light.  I lost 30% of my hp and ended up at the end of the game paid him 2XP and 256cred?!?!?!

and last night...
My first ever (in 1500+ games) intentional team kill.  Start in Mines with my hetzer in the first position.  "Top of the list Hooray"  right?  wrong.  I start moving to the East.  A T-26 (the orange dot) begins following me.
Posted Image

at the second point he began grinding into the back of my tracks.  So being a normal person I swung to the Left to get out of his way.  He followed to the left and continued to grind into teh rear of my Hetzer.  So i swerved even more sharply to the right.  More grinding.  I turned 90 degrees and moved 50m to the north.  He turned and accelerated, bloody friggin rammed me.  I moved Southwest another 100m stopping by the rockpile.  He followed, grinding.  When I stopped he reversed about 50-70m the accelerated full throttle and rammed me again.  I have had a few try similar approaches in my KV-3, IS, Is-3 and Lowe.  Usually they strike once, maybe twice, then leave and get a few of my Xp and credits because when they rammed me; a tier or two higher than their tanks (ramming my IS in his T-28 for example,) I being a tier up "Damaged" them.  But this guy backs up again and rams me AGAIN!?!?!  I chat to him "One more time and I shoot"  to which he replies by backing up again and full throttle charges!  When he was practically touching my barrel, I spoke out with 10.5cm of DOOM.

He died.

the score was now -1 to 0.  I was so aggravated I spent the rest of the battle explaining why I did it to my  teammates.  d**********2 kept saying "it was an accident," and "I was trying to go around you."  How do you back up and charge someone 4 times in a row while he is sitting there?  Immobile.  Accident?

I did offer an apology to my team for losing my temper and resorting to force.  I know it was wrong and I should not have let him get the best of me.

I chatted with him after the game and and told him if it was an accident then I am sorry.  I still am unconvinced that it was.  

I received 0xp and 0credits in the game.  So he got nothing form me.  :P

Next time I wont shoot.  I guess its just frustrating that some ppl think they can gain from such behavior.  And then seeing that one fellow got over 4,000 credits from ramming my IS with his teir 4. and 256 of "My" Xp.  

Please devs, remove ramming from the team damages payout thing.
Unless you can somehow jsutify it.

edit: p.s. best game in a hetzer since wipe was 9 kills, have avg about 2 kills per game, i double check.  this was the first game i didnt try to kill an enemy tank

VoltageAAV #3 Posted Jul 20 2011 - 03:20

Corporal

• Players
  • 5526 battles
I've had people do the same thing to me a few times now, a lower tier tank constantly rams my heavy over and over again for several minutes and the only thing I can do is shoot them because they're so much faster than me.  In a case like that, I won't apologize, the mofo deserves to die.  Something seriously needs to be done about it because their new system designed to stop griefing teammates has only made it so they get rewarded for it.

ArxDurusMaximus #4 Posted Jul 22 2011 - 14:08

Private

• Players
  • 16300 battles
So, I just finished a match with my T20.  At the start of said match, I was driving full out across the map in a straight line to get into position when another T20 on my team rammed me (also full speed) from left rear. He damaged my track, and we both took about 150 points of damage (quite a bit for that tank).  Now, keep in mind we were both full speed (so not 1 tank moving fast and the other slow, like their system says it looks for) and that he hit me FROM THE REAR.  There is no way this could have been my fault.  And yet, at the end of the match, I was fined XP and Credits for the collision.  There is simply no justification for their system.  It doesn't seem to assign blame at random so much as it assigned blame to the innocent party in, what, 85% of cases?  At least?  It's just bloody ridiculous.  If you want to fine people, you're going to have to design a system that can actually assign blame properly.  You don't just design a system that randomly assigns blame and start fining.  That doesn't deter anyone, and it punishes those who are doing things right.  Imagine a traffic system that worked like that?  There's an accident and we'll assign blame to whoever took less damage?  Even if they caused it?  It's pathetic.  Seriously, Developers, what are you thinking?  This is just bloody awful.  Also, you owe me about 100XP and god knows how many credits for other people ramming me over the last week and a half.  I'll check my in-box later today for it.  Right?

ArxDurusMaximus #5 Posted Jul 27 2011 - 13:22

Private

• Players
  • 16300 battles

View PostArxDurusMaximus, on Jul 22 2011 - 14:08, said:

So, I just finished a match with my T20.  At the start of said match, I was driving full out across the map in a straight line to get into position when another T20 on my team rammed me (also full speed) from left rear. He damaged my track, and we both took about 150 points of damage (quite a bit for that tank).  Now, keep in mind we were both full speed (so not 1 tank moving fast and the other slow, like their system says it looks for) and that he hit me FROM THE REAR.  There is no way this could have been my fault.  And yet, at the end of the match, I was fined XP and Credits for the collision.  There is simply no justification for their system.  It doesn't seem to assign blame at random so much as it assigned blame to the innocent party in, what, 85% of cases?  At least?  It's just bloody ridiculous.  If you want to fine people, you're going to have to design a system that can actually assign blame properly.  You don't just design a system that randomly assigns blame and start fining.  That doesn't deter anyone, and it punishes those who are doing things right.  Imagine a traffic system that worked like that?  There's an accident and we'll assign blame to whoever took less damage?  Even if they caused it?  It's pathetic.  Seriously, Developers, what are you thinking?  This is just bloody awful.  Also, you owe me about 100XP and god knows how many credits for other people ramming me over the last week and a half.  I'll check my in-box later today for it.  Right?

Just happened AGAIN in my little T2 Medium.  We're on Mines, and right at the start I'm rushing in a straight line for the center hill, when a fellow T2 Medium cuts across, from behind, and smashes into my right rear track.  Jams us both up.  At the end of the match:  FINE FOR CAUSING DAMAGE TO ALLY.  This is bloody ridiculous.  Idiots crash into us, and we're the ones who get fined.  Developers, please fix your game.  You have broken it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users