Players' Guide to the FCM 50t

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Content_WG #1 Posted Mar 26 2016 - 18:06

Wargaming America

• Players
  • 0 battles
Learn how to maximize the strengths of the FCM 50t, a high-speed heavy tank!

Full news text

YELLOWPETE #2 Posted Mar 26 2016 - 18:14

Sergeant

• Players
  • 45681 battles

love the tank,

i would recommend it over the CDC. after all its more of a med than a heavy

NightmareMk9 #3 Posted Mar 26 2016 - 19:09

Major

• Players
  • 40136 battles
  • [ZOUTH] ZOUTH

Real Player guide to the FCM 50 (and all other Rental Tier 8 Tanks)

Step 1 - Play enough games in your tier 5 tank to earn the Rental Tank (Because you only have 200 games and are only up to tier 5)

Step 2 - Put a 50% crew into your Tier 8 Premium Tank (because you only have a tier 2 French tank and that crew is 67%) and (why would you spend credits on a Rental Tank)

- Also; no need to install any equipment, it is a rental after all.

Step 3 - Proceed to get pwn'd until the Rental Period ends (while simultaneously ruining every game you play because you understand NOTHING about how to play a Tier 8 Tank)

Nice strategy to sell tanks WG.  How about you show us detail numbers on Premium Tank sales before and after all this Rental Tank crap started.

TheReverendFossa #4 Posted Mar 26 2016 - 21:09

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 37000 battles
  • [RELAX] RELAX

"It's also a first-class Crew trainer for the whole French heavy tank tech tree, especially when using Crews from in the tier IX AMX 50 100 and/or the tier X AMX 50 120."

You know guys...you really make me wonder if any of you actually play this game.  When Wargaming is downsizing the NA workforce due to low player numbers, you all should remember this and countless other out of touch decisions and ideas you've put upon our community. I know this is a simple mistake, but my friends you've not the track record to be making simple mistakes. Plenty of serious well thought out mistakes have already rolled out of your office. 

Peace and Good Luck

Fossa

KiwiMark67 #5 Posted Mar 26 2016 - 21:10

Major

• Players
  • 58670 battles
  • [ANVIL] ANVIL

I would disagree with the advice about skills & perks.  The advice given to train in repairs, reset once you hit 100% and choose perks, train again in repairs, reset when it hits 100% again and choose BiA - this would cost you 2,000 gold.  Good advice from WG's perspective because they get money, not so good for players unless they don't care about how much gold they splash about.

My MUCH cheaper method:

Start the commander on 6th sense, this is too useful to not have as soon as you can, start all others on repairs. Once you hit 100% then you have 6th sense and decent repair still.

For 2nd skill choose BiA - I know you get no benefit until it hits 100% but honestly the other perks are just not that vital and you have good enough skills to be effective in battle.

Once you hit 100% on the 2nd skill you now have BiA, 6th sense and decent repairs, that's not bad.

For the 3rd skills/perks go with repairs on the commander and start working on the suggested skills/perks for the rest.

My method is a little less effective from a performance point of view, but not by much and is much cheaper.  If you look at the cost of 2,000 gold and if you did that for all your tanks then you would chew through hundreds of dollars worth of gold in crew resetting if you have a decent garage full of tanks.

Block Quote

For your first Crew Skill select "Repairs" across the board. When it reaches 100%, reset completed Skills to the specific Skill/Perks of "Sixth Sense," "Snap Shot," "Smooth Ride," "Situational Awareness" and "Safe Stowage." Retrain "Repairs" as the second Skill.

The big problem I have with this is that you are training the gunner in repairs and when it hits 100% you reset for Snap Shot, but Snap Shot is a skill and you could have just started out training in that.  Alternatively you could have trained in repairs and then Snap Shot and then reset and changed to BiA & repairs/snap shot and then started on snap shot/repairs.  It doesn't even make sense to reset the gunner twice.

The same thing applies to the driver & the radio man - Smooth Ride & Situational Awareness are skills, not perks, either go repairs first or those skills first but there is no point in choosing one and then resetting to get the other one.

Only 6th sense & Safe Stowage are perks.

You could start all crew on repairs and then when they hit 100% reset the commander to 6th sense, with the loader you could decide based on how much problem you are having with the ammo rack, whether to reset his skills or not. This would cost gold, but less than WG is suggesting you spend.

Nice of WG to give advice based on getting you to spend the maximum amount of gold!

Willy_W_Wonka #6 Posted Mar 26 2016 - 21:37

Major

• Players
  • 57664 battles
  • [_D_] _D_
Park side ways with your sides facing an T49 or O-HO so people on the other team can get some free damage :trollface:

wrwsadv #7 Posted Mar 26 2016 - 22:59

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 9795 battles

The article said

While the FCM's gun handling helpful,

What it should say:
While the FCM's gun handling is helpful,

Because every sentence needs a verb. 

Oh WG, you so silly. Gooder engRISh ThEN Me'RE iS!?

And then there's the capitalisation of non-proper nouns such as Perks and there's the hint at the rebalancing of the French Heavies...

Proofread your work dammit WG

Edited by wrwsadv, Mar 26 2016 - 23:02.

DarkConfidant #8 Posted Mar 27 2016 - 01:49

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 33728 battles

View Postyoggraid, on Mar 26 2016 - 20:37, said:

Park side ways with your sides facing an T49 or O-HO so people on the other team can get some free damage :trollface:

I have 2-3 FCM's that do this every game . . .  on my team . . . 

Soloviceus #9 Posted Mar 27 2016 - 04:01

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 29784 battles
Of all the rentals played bad lately this one should be especially ugly.  

yasine007 #10 Posted Mar 27 2016 - 05:38

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 83054 battles
  • [WOPR] WOPR
oh like bot player will watching this guide to how to play ? c'mon wg be seriously,ehhh 

spedkey #11 Posted Mar 27 2016 - 15:12

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 17599 battles
  • [TRON] TRON

Block Quote

It earns vast sums of Credits and is one of the top five most profitable Premium tanks 

Where could we see that ranking, WG?

pflynhi #12 Posted Mar 27 2016 - 17:16

Sergeant

• Players
  • 28702 battles
So I notice the "FCM-50t fully loaded" equipment is not what you suggest in the guide, just surprised the GLD didn't make it on this tank.

madogthefirst #13 Posted Mar 28 2016 - 00:24

Major

• Players
  • 27764 battles
  • [GFLC] GFLC

View PostKiwiMark67, on Mar 26 2016 - 12:10, said:

I would disagree with the advice about skills & perks.  The advice given to train in repairs, reset once you hit 100% and choose perks, train again in repairs, reset when it hits 100% again and choose BiA - this would cost you 2,000 gold.  Good advice from WG's perspective because they get money, not so good for players unless they don't care about how much gold they splash about.

My MUCH cheaper method:

Start the commander on 6th sense, this is too useful to not have as soon as you can, start all others on repairs. Once you hit 100% then you have 6th sense and decent repair still.

For 2nd skill choose BiA - I know you get no benefit until it hits 100% but honestly the other perks are just not that vital and you have good enough skills to be effective in battle.

Once you hit 100% on the 2nd skill you now have BiA, 6th sense and decent repairs, that's not bad.

For the 3rd skills/perks go with repairs on the commander and start working on the suggested skills/perks for the rest.

My method is a little less effective from a performance point of view, but not by much and is much cheaper.  If you look at the cost of 2,000 gold and if you did that for all your tanks then you would chew through hundreds of dollars worth of gold in crew resetting if you have a decent garage full of tanks.

The big problem I have with this is that you are training the gunner in repairs and when it hits 100% you reset for Snap Shot, but Snap Shot is a skill and you could have just started out training in that.  Alternatively you could have trained in repairs and then Snap Shot and then reset and changed to BiA & repairs/snap shot and then started on snap shot/repairs.  It doesn't even make sense to reset the gunner twice.

The same thing applies to the driver & the radio man - Smooth Ride & Situational Awareness are skills, not perks, either go repairs first or those skills first but there is no point in choosing one and then resetting to get the other one.

Only 6th sense & Safe Stowage are perks.

You could start all crew on repairs and then when they hit 100% reset the commander to 6th sense, with the loader you could decide based on how much problem you are having with the ammo rack, whether to reset his skills or not. This would cost gold, but less than WG is suggesting you spend.

Nice of WG to give advice based on getting you to spend the maximum amount of gold!

First skills to train:

• Sixth Sense (cheapo)/ Mentor (get everyone up in skill faster)/Recon/Jack of all Trades [all these but Sixth Sense should be dropped for BIA (it should be noted that if you go for BIA you would need to go BIA for all crew) or Sixth Sense once you get 100% to retain with gold or roughly 40% on the second skill to retrain for credits]
  • Snap Shot [possible drop for BIA]
  • Smooth Ride [possible drop for BIA]
  • Situational Awareness/Repairs [possible drop for BIA]
  • Repairs [possible drop for BIA]

Second Skill

• If all skills were dropped for BIA start first skill list all over
  • Commander: Repairs/Recon/Jack of all Trades (which ever you didn't pick before)
  • Gunner: Repairs
  • Driver: Repairs/Off Road Driving
  • Radio: Repairs/Situational Awareness
  • Loader: Camo [possible drop for Safe Stow]

Spanktankk #14 Posted Mar 28 2016 - 17:01

Major

• Players
  • 40126 battles
  • [KFB] KFB

DO buy.

Pref MM, cheap shells, high pen, and GREAT gun depression.

BigPoptart #15 Posted Mar 28 2016 - 17:03

Corporal

• Players
  • 10179 battles

View Postspedkey, on Mar 27 2016 - 15:12, said:

Where could we see that ranking, WG?

​Based on average non-premium credit income of all players:

http://www.vbaddict.net/statistics.php?fieldname=creditsn

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users