"Operation Typhoon" Comes to the Global Map!

• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

Tombs_ #41 Posted Mar 31 2016 - 19:24

Staff sergeant

• Community Contributor
  • 32859 battles
  • [YOUJO] YOUJO

View Postveganzombiez, on Mar 31 2016 - 12:42, said:

Reward tank can't be swapped.  It'll be the Chieftain\T95 for Typhoon.

Is it at least a premium tank with credit bonus?

_Marine #42 Posted Mar 31 2016 - 19:24

Major

• Players
  • 29264 battles
  • [YOUJO] YOUJO
Yeah, can we PLEASE NEVER EVER EFFING EVER AGAIN DO PERSONAL FAME POINTS ONLY????

NARWL_Legend_Soviet #43 Posted Mar 31 2016 - 20:01

Captain

• Players
  • 27976 battles
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU

View Post_Marine, on Mar 31 2016 - 18:24, said:

Yeah, can we PLEASE NEVER EVER EFFING EVER AGAIN DO PERSONAL FAME POINTS ONLY????

Agreed. Personal fame for a game mode which is supposed to team based is stupid. The amount of infighting and hostility its causes within clans is ridiculous. 

ViolentViolet #44 Posted Mar 31 2016 - 20:16

Major

• Players
  • 56841 battles
  • [Y0L0] Y0L0
I am curious if the campaign map will be the only map that is open? Or if a regular map for cws will also be available? It has been done both ways before during previous campaigns. Basically wondering if the participating in the campaign will be the only option for clan wars activity?

_Lion #45 Posted Mar 31 2016 - 20:19

Major

• -Players-
  • 30299 battles
  • [-G-] -G-
Another campaign, really? Personal fame, really?.....

GeneraLeeDissociative #46 Posted Mar 31 2016 - 20:19

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 47721 battles
  • [CLAWS] CLAWS

We've reworked the vehicle award system based on experience from previous events -- now vehicles will be awarded based on personal standings where players are rated according to the number of personal Fame Points earned. The top 2,000 players will get a unique vehicle.

WHY WOULD YOU GO BACK TO THAT SYSTEM???  

IT DESTROYS CLANS, CAUSES IN-FIGHTING!!!

IT CAUSES MORE HEADACHES FOR LEADERS & CALLERS!  

THE SYSTEM YOU HAD THE LAST 2-3 CAMPAIGNS WORKED GREAT!!!!  

I can understand if you want to increase the needed battle count for a clan license to 20 or more, since 10-15 can be done in a day or 2.  

Thank you for your time!

Med8 #47 Posted Mar 31 2016 - 20:22

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 15156 battles

I attend to agree with personal fame point issue, the clan I was in fell apart due to this same issue mid way through tier 8. When tier 10 finally came around and I started calling maps, I felt that players where throwing matches on purpose because we had to write off members and personal friends to try get those on the bubble in the range of the tank. It's an awful situation no matter what clan your in. To be forced to have to tell a member/friend who has made almost every night of CW, sorry man your pretty much done in less we need you to fill a spot. We have to focus on getting or keeping these few in the bubble.

Secondly, why less tanks than prior CW giveaways?

Spit ball idea. Don't break news about a win a tank in CWs period. Take this CW for instant, all the clans are pretty much settled on the map. Each clan has achieved what they can with their members by force, diplo, and tank comp. At the close of CW Map, take the top 5 clans out of each tier and award them with a tank. Clans 6 and 7 maybe get camo or some Personal Reserves. Theirs gotta be some way of monitor clans, that have a break out run that do way better than excepted, hooked them up with a little something, something for there efforts.

Or just go head and tell the top 5 to 10 clan here's your tank, give them their own CW to play in for giggles and let everybody else hammer it out. Reality is there is a huge difference between what is consider top clans and then everybody else that falls outside of that bracket. Take them out of the equations and becomes a completely different ball game, we may end up with a no name clan or a clan that been around for a while that just has made a name for themselves become household name on the NA.

There has to be away to reward all aspects of play for CW players just not the individuals. 

CanuckTheCanadianGoose #48 Posted Mar 31 2016 - 20:43

Major

• Players
  • 19939 battles
  • [PEWDS] PEWDS

View Post_Lion, on Mar 31 2016 - 14:19, said:

Another campaign, really? Personal fame, really?.....

How I see most of the officers of the top clans  Everyone* right now.  

Edited by The_Dastardly_Canuck_rob, Mar 31 2016 - 21:06.

Med8 #49 Posted Mar 31 2016 - 20:50

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 15156 battles

You know its FUBAR when every known clan in the NA is posting;

WHY?

Abbathor #50 Posted Mar 31 2016 - 20:54

Captain

• Players
  • 16641 battles
  • [FELOW] FELOW

Oh ffs, I am still burnt out from all the micro managing and [edited]I had to go through in Jan. Managing personal fame points so people don't get screwed is [edited]annoying as all hell. This campaign will suck for everyone involved from the big clans down to the small clans, way to go WG way to go.

Med8 #51 Posted Mar 31 2016 - 20:55

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 15156 battles

View PostThe_Dastardly_Canuck_rob, on Mar 31 2016 - 19:43, said:

How I see most of the officers of the top clans right now.  

It's not just the officers of the top clans, it's EVERY ONE who's gone through this before. From the top down! Take note the player count you see online during peak hours over the next few weeks. Not only will you see clans break up, you will see a sharp fall of players after the Typhoon passes.

Tinman104 #52 Posted Mar 31 2016 - 21:03

Private

• Players
  • 9579 battles

Nice to see wargaming got more toys for clan [edited], Thanks for nothing [edited]wads

otacon237 #53 Posted Mar 31 2016 - 21:12

Major

• Players
  • 25222 battles

Oh yay another cool premium tank ill never see because the time I'm not at work, having a life or in the gym or studying for A+ cert or making YouTube videos I prefer to quietly play by myself and not stomp pubbies with full gold loadouts on teamspeak with people I've never met irl. I could prolly join at least a top 20 clan with my ~1800 wn8 but id rather just enjoy my own time instead of attending some clan "training" 3x wk and listen some screeching teenage "XO" tryhard act like he's an actual army officer and talk down to people.

​as a collector of Russian tanks I would easily pay $50+ for an obj 907 or is-5 but noooooo, the actual UNIQUE tanks go to <5% of the player base and us pub plebs get "unique" tanks like Panther 88 and is-3a. DA KOMRADE IS UNIQUE. HAS LETTER A AND LOADER GO STAY AT BABUSHKAS HOUSE SO YOU NO TRAIN CREWS. and then they wonder why this game is hemorrhaging players

Mudman24 #54 Posted Mar 31 2016 - 21:19

Major

• Players
  • 36582 battles
I need to get in this battle, I am low on fame points.

NARWL_Legend_Soviet #55 Posted Mar 31 2016 - 21:41

Captain

• Players
  • 27976 battles
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU

View PostMudman24, on Mar 31 2016 - 20:19, said:

I need to get in this battle, I am low on fame points.

Guys I have a 37 skill Is3 crew, I need a x5 can I please get in. 

_RoIIer #56 Posted Mar 31 2016 - 21:55

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 32240 battles
That tank is awful.  All tier eight mediums are.

DeltaVolt #57 Posted Mar 31 2016 - 22:07

Major

• Players
  • 19782 battles

View Postotacon237, on Mar 31 2016 - 12:12, said:

Oh yay another cool premium tank ill never see because the time I'm not at work, having a life or in the gym or studying for A+ cert or making YouTube videos I prefer to quietly play by myself and not stomp pubbies with full gold loadouts on teamspeak with people I've never met irl. I could prolly join at least a top 20 clan with my ~1800 wn8 but id rather just enjoy my own time instead of attending some clan "training" 3x wk and listen some screeching teenage "XO" tryhard act like he's an actual army officer and talk down to people.

​as a collector of Russian tanks I would easily pay $50+ for an obj 907 or is-5 but noooooo, the actual UNIQUE tanks go to <5% of the player base and us pub plebs get "unique" tanks like Panther 88 and is-3a. DA KOMRADE IS UNIQUE. HAS LETTER A AND LOADER GO STAY AT BABUSHKAS HOUSE SO YOU NO TRAIN CREWS. and then they wonder why this game is hemorrhaging players

lmbo with the training and people talking like they're from the military you're actually describing the bad clans. The last time Bulba did training was...never.

As for the other stuff, we all have lives, work, and other interests that take up time. It's part of the tradeoff - are you willing to give up whatever you'd be doing instead in the meantime for the reward tank? If not, then don't do it - if yes, then do what's needed to get the tank. No point [edited]about it. It's like, I'd love to have an Olympic gold medal, but if I don't put in the (extreme) effort I don't have a chance at it. Don't see how it's any different here.

Vyraall #58 Posted Mar 31 2016 - 22:10

Staff sergeant

• WGLNA Gold League Player
  • 35374 battles
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU

View Post_Roller_, on Mar 31 2016 - 15:55, said:

That tank is awful.  All tier eight mediums are.

There are a lot of nice tier 8 mediums. It's not that they are awful, rather that WG have buffed everything else without giving them any love.

Mojo_Riesing #59 Posted Mar 31 2016 - 22:16

Captain

• Players
  • 20420 battles
  • [ACATS] ACATS

View PostDeltaVolt, on Mar 31 2016 - 09:04, said:

Begs the question, what's a high school team doing trying to participate in the playoff for the Super Bowl? Clan Wars events aren't meant for people that don't bother learning the game - there's a reason Clan Wars was (and, during campaigns still is) end-game content. It's not the NFL teams that try to play against the high school teams, it's the high school teams setting their foot on our turf.

As for the tank, that cupola sure looks fun.

View PostThe_Dastardly_Canuck_rob, on Mar 31 2016 - 09:06, said:

Instead of blaming everyone but yourself why don't you learn the game,get gud, and get a tank. 

I think you both miss the point.

First, WG markets "Clan Wars" to a wider range of players than those who "get gud" (you mean..good right?).  Tier VI and VIII Clan wars are an attempt to do that.  WG benefits from the participation of "high school" level players who have virtually no chance with the caliber of players that dominate these events...over and over.  It would make more sense for WG to more or less develop league play for the statistically known skill levels of clans and players.  Doing that MIGHT help be more than cannon/stat fodder for the upper level players (who it may be owe a lot of that success to "seal clubbing&quot;).

Second, i'm not blaming anyone this is just an opinion, and third as i said above...it's WG that markets events like this to skill levels so no one has to "set foot on our (your) turf."  If you don't like that, i would think embracing a form of skill driven league play would appeal to you.

Lastly, it is clear that despite all the rhetoric, a few/enough of these high-caliber players aren't satisfied to just win...they have to, by various means, ensure they win...all basically to get a virtual tank that is worth virtually nothing in real money.

DeltaVolt #60 Posted Mar 31 2016 - 22:25

Major

• Players
  • 19782 battles

View PostMojo_Riesing, on Mar 31 2016 - 13:16, said:

I think you both miss the point.

First, WG markets "Clan Wars" to a wider range of players than those who "get gud" (you mean..good right?).  Tier VI and VIII Clan wars are an attempt to do that.  WG benefits from the participation of "high school" level players who have virtually no chance with the caliber of players that dominate these events...over and over.  It would make more sense for WG to more or less develop league play for the statistically known skill levels of clans and players.  Doing that MIGHT help be more than cannon/stat fodder for the upper level players (who it may be owe a lot of that success to "seal clubbing&quot;).

Second, i'm not blaming anyone this is just an opinion, and third as i said above...it's WG that markets events like this to skill levels so no one has to "set foot on our (your) turf."  If you don't like that, i would think embracing a form of skill driven league play would appeal to you.

Lastly, it is clear that despite all the rhetoric, a few/enough of these high-caliber players aren't satisfied to just win...they have to, by various means, ensure they win...all basically to get a virtual tank that is worth virtually nothing in real money.

Everyone *should* be able to enter because some people, despite not being anywhere close to as skilled at this game as most of the other winners, put in enough time and effort to get the reward and I don't see a problem with that. Aside from that, there is a skill-driven league, it's currently taking place now.

For your last point, sure that happens with some people. However, as the T22 has shown us, it's not a practice restricted to some of the unicum - average and below average players seem to be just as happy to do the same thing. 

As for the competition? I'll be there in case my clan needs me, but I doubt I'm actually going to try for the tank. Not really worth the headache imo.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users