"Operation Typhoon" Comes to the Global Map!

• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

Corvette___Dude #61 Posted Mar 31 2016 - 23:42

Sergeant

• Players
  • 39130 battles

View PostA_FIELD_MARSHAL, on Mar 31 2016 - 11:12, said:

Can you please get rid of Personal Fame points. Award the Tank by which Clan placed in top 25 or so.

Everyone in a Clan that placed well will get a tank. That way there is no in fighting

​^^^ Ghey. Then it prevents folks in smaller clans (yes, like me) from having any chance of getting it. All of the top clans collude with each other to stay on the map and assure each others mutual success and tank grab.  WG knows this which is why they did this way and avoided your obvious attempts. Just sayin'

Corvette___Dude #62 Posted Mar 31 2016 - 23:50

Sergeant

• Players
  • 39130 battles

View PostMed8, on Mar 31 2016 - 12:22, said:

Spit ball idea. Don't break news about a win a tank in CWs period. Take this CW for instant, all the clans are pretty much settled on the map. Each clan has achieved what they can with their members by force, diplo, and tank comp. At the close of CW Map, take the top 5 clans out of each tier and award them with a tank. Clans 6 and 7 maybe get camo or some Personal Reserves. Theirs gotta be some way of monitor clans, that have a break out run that do way better than excepted, hooked them up with a little something, something for there efforts.

Or just go head and tell the top 5 to 10 clan here's your tank, give them their own CW to play in for giggles and let everybody else hammer it out. Reality is there is a huge difference between what is consider top clans and then everybody else that falls outside of that bracket. Take them out of the equations and becomes a completely different ball game, we may end up with a no name clan or a clan that been around for a while that just has made a name for themselves become household name on the NA.

There has to be away to reward all aspects of play for CW players just not the individuals. 

The most cogent and thoughtful argument I've seen about CW change up.  I like it.  Of course I envision the big clans would then take their tanks and go and then bring up their second string offshoot clans and assist them in conspiring to sweep the event anyways.  Admittedly my clan sucks, but last campaign even holding land was difficult due to the collusion between giant clans. Only way you stayed (generally) was to have some kind of agreement.  Their size alone meant that they could play multiple battles at once, assuring your push back off of the map. Not hating, we sucked for sure, but the margin for error when every piece of land is surrounded by the same 6 or so clans is pretty rough.

someguy124 #63 Posted Mar 31 2016 - 23:57

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 33572 battles
  • [Y0L0] Y0L0
Personal Fame huh WG? b-bye....

sleepersolara #64 Posted Apr 01 2016 - 00:50

Sergeant

• Players
  • 43416 battles
  • [-LHN-] -LHN-

first of all there is no camo reward this time secondly this is a [edited]campaign where their are way less tanks given out then last campaign yet again this is a campaign to give the top 10 clans free tanks why is it that ive worked so hard and will never get a free tank like this because of the low give away numbers please wargamming stop giving the same ole clans the newest and latest tanks every freaking time

that is all

Painbringer71 #65 Posted Apr 01 2016 - 02:29

Major

• Players
  • 55210 battles
  • [DHO-X] DHO-X
I wish they would reward the clan for participation and performance of all members ... but it seems at least for the smaller clans they alienate them.... due to the constant pressure of having to keep fame points so high per individual many will never get to participate.     

Noivy #66 Posted Apr 01 2016 - 03:52

Captain

• Players
  • 35586 battles
  • [ONION] ONION
85e.gif

GarlicFries_CashCarti #67 Posted Apr 01 2016 - 05:04

Major

• Players
  • 23120 battles
  • [99986] 99986

Honestly all these WG hate comments, I think individual FP will benefits big and small clans. Playing 15 battles isn't really worth a tank. 

It's also good that WGNA is at least trying something new. 

DarkConfidant #68 Posted Apr 01 2016 - 07:07

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 29354 battles
Fame Points destroyed 3 clans I have been apart of sure lets bring it back what could possibly go wrong . . . 

HLS30 #69 Posted Apr 01 2016 - 07:19

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 42658 battles
  • [CLAWS] CLAWS

This is probably going to get it's own post at some point, but I was talking with The_Toastmaster_General today, and I think I might have come up with a new system that people won't be furious about for CW Campaigns.

The Problem: The specific issues that people have with campaigns are numerous. Campaigns are known for breaking clans, being aggravating as hell to be in, difficult to figure out if you're getting a tank, not good times for west-coasters or late shift east coasters to get the required battles in, etc. This isn't a secret. When you have clans that are (lets be honest) guaranteed to get the tanks mad about how these campaigns are run, you know you have a problem. And WG knows they have a problem. As evidence: No campaign ever has the same system for distributing tanks. They're trying to fix it. But that's the problem. We don't need a fix, we need a completely new system.

The Proposal: This is going to seem like heresy to some, but hopefully what follows will make it clear. Keep the Fame Points. Keep the Tank Licenses. Just change what they actually mean.

Fame Points: Under the new system, these would have zero relevance to if you get the tank or not. FPs would determine if you got camo, emblems, consumables, gold?, personal reserves, etc. Basically, the stuff that's cool to get, but honestly, it's not why we're playing the campaign, we're playing for the tank, and that's where the Clan Tank Licenses come in.

Clan Tank Licenses: Tanks would be distributed purely on a clan license system. However, rather that only the X number of top clans getting Y licenses, Every clan would get a single license for each game they win. To be eligible to receive a license, you would have to have been in a winning game with the clan.

"But why?" I hear you ask. "Clearly clan licenses are stupid, since that favors the better clans to win". Well. yes. The clans that are full of great players aren't going to have any problem getting licenses, but that's already the situation. Running two full teams? Hit two landings in an early time zone, and two in a later. 4-5 battles per landing, if you win them all, means that day one a clan could have 16-20 licenses. If they run more teams, or hit more landings, they obviously will get more. However, The teams that are doing that day one? Lets be honest, they probably were going to be getting tanks no matter what system is used. Where this system starts to show it's benefits is later on. Say a few days have passed, and all the top clans have tanks. At that point, they're probably going to go from hitting landings to just holding land for the gold. That lets the 2nd tier of clans start getting wins, then the third, etc. There's no solid cap on the number of tanks given out on this system, just a cap on the time you have to get it done. This gives smaller clans, and people that have less time to play, an actual incentive to keep trying for the tank.

T6/T8/T10 combination campaigns would also be more rewarding for smaller clans, and give them incentives to actually play. Say WG has three premiums that will be given out for the campaign. A T6, 8, and 10. THe 6/8 could be tanks that already exist. The campaign starts, and the T6 map is open. Clans fight, big clans get licenses, smaller clans get some. Then T8 opens. Instead of shutting down T6 completely, WG could leave it open for the smaller clans to fight over the remaining battle to get the T6 reward tank. Those clans that already have the T6 or don't care about it are now fighting on the T8 map for the 8 reward tank. Then T10 opens, and the T8 stays open still for those that want to fight for that tank. To get the T10, you still have to work for it, and your clan has to be at least decent, but smaller clans will have an incentive to actually play all the way to T10, and those that don't want to can still be in the campaign. It could be setup so that T6 closes when T10 opens, if WG wants to cut the number of tanks being given out.

Benefits of the proposed system:

- People that were going to get the tanks no matter what still get them.

- Smaller clans that usually don't have a chance, actually have a reason to participate in the campaign, since they can still get tanks if they play well enough.

- Easier for clan officers to track progress in the campaign. Rather than juggling fame points, guessed cutoff points, etc. It's a simple "How many licenses do we have or need, and how many players have won a battle".

- Encourages clan play and strengthens clan bonds, since you don't have to fight for the last few battles worth of FP during a campaign.

- People who aren't able to play during the most common times can still contribute and get a tank.

Disadvantages of the proposed system:

- Companies that manufacture blood pressure medications will see decreased profits.

- Moderators on this forum will have to work harder to find people breaking for the forum rules by swearing.

TL:DR: The CW Campaign system is broken. Instead of patching it, build a whole new reward system.

Med8 #70 Posted Apr 01 2016 - 08:42

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 15156 battles

View Postpiledriveryatyas, on Mar 31 2016 - 22:50, said:

The most cogent and thoughtful argument I've seen about CW change up.  I like it.  Of course I envision the big clans would then take their tanks and go and then bring up their second string offshoot clans and assist them in conspiring to sweep the event anyways.  Admittedly my clan sucks, but last campaign even holding land was difficult due to the collusion between giant clans. Only way you stayed (generally) was to have some kind of agreement.  Their size alone meant that they could play multiple battles at once, assuring your push back off of the map. Not hating, we sucked for sure, but the margin for error when every piece of land is surrounded by the same 6 or so clans is pretty rough.

Clan size has some play in but its not the make or break deal. I think our clan proved that early on in this CW when we had 32 members holding two gold pots and 9 pieces of land to connect it all, on cancer map. Considering tank locking and 95% of the clans we've faced had full rosters. I have to give the credit to the officers managing battle times, diplo, and general awareness of what was going on around us, kept us moving forward. If your clan is not one of the Elites, your player skills are going only take you so far. You can't just sit on the map and attack in all directions. Secure flank either by using the map or reach out to the clans around you and makes alliances.

I haven't looked at the tier 10 map, and barely glanced at the tier 8 map this go around but I can probably sit in TS with you and tell you who's work with who. Doesn't take a Tank Engineer to figure it out. Besides this late in the game most of your bigger clans are content on what they are holding. They are surrounded by alliance clans and just maintaining their landings until the end of CW. You may see a few bigger clans jump out and squash a smaller/weaker clan that's been bordering them for sometime but its just a last minute grab for little extra gold on pay day.

Side Note: Diplo with clans with similar stat range as your clan. For an example don't jump on landing near a clan like Bulba and except them to take you serious when you ask to be friends on the CW map. Elites diplo with Elites and the almost elite clans and then there is the "everybody else" category. If your not sure what category you fall in, let be the first to welcome you to the "Everybody Else" Category.

Med8 #71 Posted Apr 01 2016 - 08:54

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 15156 battles

View PostHLS30, on Apr 01 2016 - 06:19, said:

This is probably going to get it's own post at some point, but I was talking with The_Toastmaster_General today, and I think I might have come up with a new system that people won't be furious about for CW Campaigns.

The Problem: The specific issues that people have with campaigns are numerous. Campaigns are known for breaking clans, being aggravating as hell to be in, difficult to figure out if you're getting a tank, not good times for west-coasters or late shift east coasters to get the required battles in, etc. This isn't a secret. When you have clans that are (lets be honest) guaranteed to get the tanks mad about how these campaigns are run, you know you have a problem. And WG knows they have a problem. As evidence: No campaign ever has the same system for distributing tanks. They're trying to fix it. But that's the problem. We don't need a fix, we need a completely new system.

The Proposal: This is going to seem like heresy to some, but hopefully what follows will make it clear. Keep the Fame Points. Keep the Tank Licenses. Just change what they actually mean.

Fame Points: Under the new system, these would have zero relevance to if you get the tank or not. FPs would determine if you got camo, emblems, consumables, gold?, personal reserves, etc. Basically, the stuff that's cool to get, but honestly, it's not why we're playing the campaign, we're playing for the tank, and that's where the Clan Tank Licenses come in.

Clan Tank Licenses: Tanks would be distributed purely on a clan license system. However, rather that only the X number of top clans getting Y licenses, Every clan would get a single license for each game they win. To be eligible to receive a license, you would have to have been in a winning game with the clan.

"But why?" I hear you ask. "Clearly clan licenses are stupid, since that favors the better clans to win". Well. yes. The clans that are full of great players aren't going to have any problem getting licenses, but that's already the situation. Running two full teams? Hit two landings in an early time zone, and two in a later. 4-5 battles per landing, if you win them all, means that day one a clan could have 16-20 licenses. If they run more teams, or hit more landings, they obviously will get more. However, The teams that are doing that day one? Lets be honest, they probably were going to be getting tanks no matter what system is used. Where this system starts to show it's benefits is later on. Say a few days have passed, and all the top clans have tanks. At that point, they're probably going to go from hitting landings to just holding land for the gold. That lets the 2nd tier of clans start getting wins, then the third, etc. There's no solid cap on the number of tanks given out on this system, just a cap on the time you have to get it done. This gives smaller clans, and people that have less time to play, an actual incentive to keep trying for the tank.

T6/T8/T10 combination campaigns would also be more rewarding for smaller clans, and give them incentives to actually play. Say WG has three premiums that will be given out for the campaign. A T6, 8, and 10. THe 6/8 could be tanks that already exist. The campaign starts, and the T6 map is open. Clans fight, big clans get licenses, smaller clans get some. Then T8 opens. Instead of shutting down T6 completely, WG could leave it open for the smaller clans to fight over the remaining battle to get the T6 reward tank. Those clans that already have the T6 or don't care about it are now fighting on the T8 map for the 8 reward tank. Then T10 opens, and the T8 stays open still for those that want to fight for that tank. To get the T10, you still have to work for it, and your clan has to be at least decent, but smaller clans will have an incentive to actually play all the way to T10, and those that don't want to can still be in the campaign. It could be setup so that T6 closes when T10 opens, if WG wants to cut the number of tanks being given out.

- Smaller clans that usually don't have a chance, actually have a reason to participate in the campaign, since they can still get tanks if they play well enough.

- Easier for clan officers to track progress in the campaign. Rather than juggling fame points, guessed cutoff points, etc. It's a simple "How many licenses do we have or need, and how many players have won a battle".

- Encourages clan play and strengthens clan bonds, since you don't have to fight for the last few battles worth of FP during a campaign.

- People who aren't able to play during the most common times can still contribute and get a tank.

- Companies that manufacture blood pressure medications will see decreased profits.

- Moderators on this forum will have to work harder to find people breaking for the forum rules by swearing.

TL:DR: The CW Campaign system is broken. Instead of patching it, build a whole new reward system.

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD! SOMEBODY ELSE BESIDES ME ACTUALLY POSTED AN ANSWER TO SOLVING THE PROBLEM! wth! THAT JUST HAPPEN.

Wait let me pause, read it again......

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD! SOMEBODY ELSE BESIDES ME ACTUALLY POSTED AN ANSWER TO SOLVING THE PROBLEM!

I like it, WG lets try his idea on Typhoon. 

Edited by Med8, Apr 01 2016 - 08:57.

HLS30 #72 Posted Apr 01 2016 - 08:56

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 42658 battles
  • [CLAWS] CLAWS

View PostMed8, on Mar 31 2016 - 23:54, said:

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD! SOMEBODY ELSE BESIDES ME ACTUALLY POSTED AN ANSWER TO SOLVING THE PROBLEM! wthJUST HAPPEN.

Wait let me pause, read it again......

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD! SOMEBODY ELSE BESIDES ME ACTUALLY POSTED AN ANSWER TO SOLVING THE PROBLEM!

Y

It's hard for me to post the incoherent bile that I started with upon reading this news while I'm on my phone during the intermission at a hockey game. So I actually started thinking about it instead, what the actual problems people had with it were, what the end goal of everyone is, and what we've got to work with. So....yeah.

Bavor #73 Posted Apr 01 2016 - 11:09

Major

• Players
  • 34476 battles
  • [REL-A] REL-A

View PostMojo_Riesing, on Mar 31 2016 - 16:16, said:

I think you both miss the point.

First, WG markets "Clan Wars" to a wider range of players than those who "get gud" (you mean..good right?).  Tier VI and VIII Clan wars are an attempt to do that.  WG benefits from the participation of "high school" level players who have virtually no chance with the caliber of players that dominate these events...over and over.  It would make more sense for WG to more or less develop league play for the statistically known skill levels of clans and players.  Doing that MIGHT help be more than cannon/stat fodder for the upper level players (who it may be owe a lot of that success to "seal clubbing").

Second, i'm not blaming anyone this is just an opinion, and third as i said above...it's WG that markets events like this to skill levels so no one has to "set foot on our (your) turf."  If you don't like that, i would think embracing a form of skill driven league play would appeal to you.

Lastly, it is clear that despite all the rhetoric, a few/enough of these high-caliber players aren't satisfied to just win...they have to, by various means, ensure they win...all basically to get a virtual tank that is worth virtually nothing in real money.

Tier 6 clan wars is so that clans can learn the basics of clan wars.  Its the children's Tee Ball game where nobody keeps score and everyone gets ice cream afterwards.  Tier 6 clan wars fails to teach clan wars strategy because of the small number of players per team.  Tier 8 clan wars is sort of meant to train clans for tier 10 clan wars, however due to the lower number of tanks per team, it doesn't do that effectively.

As its been stated in the clan wars section of the forum many times, the entire tier 6 and 8 clan wars system fails to get clans ready for tier 10 and the small size of the tier 10 map restricts clans ability to compete in end game content.

DOMlNO #74 Posted Apr 01 2016 - 14:46

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 18273 battles

View PostHLS30, on Apr 01 2016 - 01:19, said:

This sounds pretty good.

I wish WG would explain WHY they decided to go back to Fame Points, maybe help us understand their thinking so we could have a better conversation about it.

DeryBRash #75 Posted Apr 01 2016 - 16:34

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 7435 battles
  • [KWTS] KWTS
Man I would love to get this tank, its too bad I dont have much of a clan or know many people who do these things. I hope one day to get a great PC and be able to do these after work one day in the future.

War_Daddy33 #76 Posted Apr 02 2016 - 04:03

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 58167 battles
  • [W_P] W_P
I think it is [edited]that someone in  a top 10 clan only has to do a few battles to get a license. If they want a tank, then participate fully and earn the fame points to get it. If you're clan falls apart because of it, then you don't have much in the way of TEAM. Just my opinion that is.

HLS30 #77 Posted Apr 03 2016 - 07:44

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 42658 battles
  • [CLAWS] CLAWS

View PostDeryBRash, on Apr 01 2016 - 07:34, said:

Man I would love to get this tank, its too bad I dont have much of a clan or know many people who do these things. I hope one day to get a great PC and be able to do these after work one day in the future.

http://forum.worldof...g-cw-campaigns/

Help us promote that idea then.

EastCoast_Mobster #78 Posted Apr 04 2016 - 17:27

Captain

• Players
  • 21198 battles
  • [RDDT] RDDT
is this t8 and t10? 

HLS30 #79 Posted Apr 05 2016 - 02:46

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 42658 battles
  • [CLAWS] CLAWS

View PostEastCoast_Mobster, on Apr 04 2016 - 08:27, said:

is this t8 and t10? 

Just T8

pmdanie96 #80 Posted Apr 05 2016 - 15:03

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 44870 battles

View PostHLS30, on Apr 01 2016 - 00:19, said:

I think your ideas have merit but need to be refined. There does become a point where they are giving out too many tanks. Maybe if, let's say on longer campaigns, the clan needs to win at least 10-15 battles to be eligible for a tank license. Just throwing it out. Positive ideas though, keep them going. +1 for you.

Edited by pmdanie96, Apr 05 2016 - 15:04.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users