Jump to content


Rent the M41/90 GF and Earn a 1-Skill Crew!


  • Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

UnrealDemand #41 Posted Apr 04 2016 - 18:16

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 11039 battles
  • 23
  • [-ES-] -ES-
  • Member since:
    07-27-2011
Why would I possibly want to rent a tank? Have 60 + tanks now and don't have time to fight all of them.

BigJohnsonLogan #42 Posted Apr 05 2016 - 01:07

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 32633 battles
  • 182
  • Member since:
    06-21-2013

View PostContent_WG, on Apr 02 2016 - 10:20, said:

And the M41/90 GF is in the Premium Shop all month long.
<a href="http://worldoftanks.com/en/news/pc-browser/22/4190-missions/">Full news text</a>

 

This "Light" tank is seriously over-powered, same gun as a Tier 8 Medium tank, better DPM than that Medium tank, better view range, better speed. And it's a "premium" that makes ~50k credits average per match ? 

lt_lolcat #43 Posted Apr 05 2016 - 21:00

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 60212 battles
  • 43
  • [717TH] 717TH
  • Member since:
    04-23-2011

View PostUnrealDemand, on Apr 04 2016 - 17:16, said:

Why would I possibly want to rent a tank? Have 60 + tanks now and don't have time to fight all of them.

 

  1. It's a fun tank.
  2. It makes serious silver.
  3. I need another good German scout crew.

 


Edited by lt_lolcat, Apr 05 2016 - 21:00.


GoJoe2400 #44 Posted Apr 06 2016 - 21:32

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 50412 battles
  • 58
  • Member since:
    12-12-2011

First, this tank is amazing, thank you.

 

Few complaints about this event and in general though:

 

 

  • The event design is bad now that it has been established the crews will never be "0-Skill". This is because all the work completing the missions is goes toward the crew you're using to get the 1-skill crew. By the time a 75% crew is done completing the missions, they will be superior to the 1-skill crew. This can be multiplied to even greater effect because bonuses can be applied to all the xp being gained. In doing the mission, I recruited a 75% loader who's now 100% main and 1st skill+ 53% second skill-- and I still have to do the 100k damage mission for...a 1-skill loader. Unless you have plans for the 1-skill crew to be used elsewhere (old tanks, other lines, etc.), the mission is a waste. I only did the Mutz one because I thought it was a mistake, skipped the WZ-111, and am currently doing the M41 mission because I have a leopard I want to crew. 

 

  • Stop giving us crews with/for premiums-- Premiums can use any crew trained for that vehicle class; there will never be a case where you want a crew trained for the premium over a regular tank.Giving us crews for premiums just makes us spend money to retrain them. Please use the female crew mechanic instead where a crew person can be trained upon being obtained.

 

  • Stop giving us 50% crews with a tank-- They are trash experienced players will dismiss and new players should dismiss.

 

Also, possibly consider making the mission go by nation or vehicle class. The last three months of rentals have been obnoxious for upper tier matches.

 

 



Metagross555 #45 Posted Apr 07 2016 - 18:20

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 28878 battles
  • 1,005
  • [VILIN] VILIN
  • Member since:
    12-05-2014

View PostBigJohnsonLogan, on Apr 04 2016 - 19:07, said:

 

This "Light" tank is seriously over-powered, same gun as a Tier 8 Medium tank, better DPM than that Medium tank, better view range, better speed. And it's a "premium" that makes ~50k credits average per match ? 

 

it has to fight tier 9 and 10s all the time, and other prems (FCM50t) make better credits

galspanic #46 Posted Apr 07 2016 - 21:13

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 24502 battles
  • 3,939
  • Member since:
    01-06-2016

View PostGoJoe2400, on Apr 06 2016 - 21:32, said:

First, this tank is amazing, thank you.

 

Few complaints about this event and in general though:

 

 

  • The event design is bad now that it has been established the crews will never be "0-Skill". This is because all the work completing the missions is goes toward the crew you're using to get the 1-skill crew. By the time a 75% crew is done completing the missions, they will be superior to the 1-skill crew. This can be multiplied to even greater effect because bonuses can be applied to all the xp being gained. In doing the mission, I recruited a 75% loader who's now 100% main and 1st skill+ 53% second skill-- and I still have to do the 100k damage mission for...a 1-skill loader. Unless you have plans for the 1-skill crew to be used elsewhere (old tanks, other lines, etc.), the mission is a waste. I only did the Mutz one because I thought it was a mistake, skipped the WZ-111, and am currently doing the M41 mission because I have a leopard I want to crew. 

 

  • Stop giving us crews with/for premiums-- Premiums can use any crew trained for that vehicle class; there will never be a case where you want a crew trained for the premium over a regular tank.Giving us crews for premiums just makes us spend money to retrain them. Please use the female crew mechanic instead where a crew person can be trained upon being obtained.

 

  • Stop giving us 50% crews with a tank-- They are trash experienced players will dismiss and new players should dismiss.

 

Also, possibly consider making the mission go by nation or vehicle class. The last three months of rentals have been obnoxious for upper tier matches.

 

 

 

I get that for a lot of people the crew is pointless, but I know for me I've dumped my lower Tier (Luchs and Leopard) crews into the the tank and when they transfer out I have 2 fully trained crew members to drop right in.  I might keep the Leopard crew in there a while more while I'm getting the other two too.

grego34 #47 Posted Apr 07 2016 - 23:50

    First lieutenant

  • Beta Testers
  • 26581 battles
  • 931
  • Member since:
    10-26-2010
why try to rent a M-3 light when the americans have one in base?  The one you are trying to rent is russian and its to get a german tank?? and both rentals are from the united states?   how did WOT think of this mission??   

KiwiMark67 #48 Posted Apr 10 2016 - 03:13

    Major

  • Players
  • 50959 battles
  • 5,060
  • [ANVIL] ANVIL
  • Member since:
    08-24-2011

View PostRoyalGreenPC, on Apr 03 2016 - 03:37, said:

Why make a LT's rent requirements damage done instead of spotting related reqs? Doesn't that discourage scouting and damage farm instead?

 

View PostBlackhawk2417, on Apr 03 2016 - 09:01, said:

So a light tank, yet you leave in the same missions for a crew as the medium mission (Mutz) and the heavy (WZ-111). Damage based missions in a light tank? Hmm doesn't make a lot of sense.

 

Yeah, what these guy said!

There are situation where I shoot the enemy and there are situations where I hold my shot and just keep the enemy lit for the tier 10 TDs & SPGs on my team that can put out a LOT more hurt than I can .  Some enemy I can't pen reliably, but I can spot for arty that can hurt them good!

 

I easily got the first crew member because that only needed xp which is easy enough to get.  But 35k damage will take a bunch of battles, it would be much easier if it was 35k between damage dealt and assisted damage.



Thogg #49 Posted Apr 10 2016 - 08:36

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 22634 battles
  • 10
  • Member since:
    02-19-2014
To me, the crew missions don't make any sense if they require you to be playing the M 4190.  Why?  Because you need a crew to play the tank in the first place and you get diminishing returns the higher in the mission you go.  By the time you get the last crew member the guy you have will already have plenty of training right?

dim3 #50 Posted Apr 17 2016 - 11:22

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 30471 battles
  • 17
  • [DREAM] DREAM
  • Member since:
    06-13-2011

Forgive me if someone has already touched on this subject. I couldn't be bothered to check ALL THREE of the pages but... Have to play a tank to earn the crew??? wth....? I don't even see how this is a benefit to players that already have a decent German light tank crew... Sure it's a, "free" crew but... The rental doesn't even come with a 50% crew lol... Did no one at WG think this through???

 

Was it the guys on the "Missing" milk carton again? Do we have to dig them out of Meatheads' back yard and murder them again? Just saying..

 

Wouldn't it have been a good idea or maybe just an alternative to get the crew with the "full package" bulldog 90mm purchase? anyway.. Yeah.


Edited by dim3, Apr 17 2016 - 11:24.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users