Jump to content


Victor Kislyi Talks Future of World of Tanks


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
304 replies to this topic

IceOtter #201 Posted Apr 06 2016 - 23:11

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 60533 battles
  • 417
  • [BE] BE
  • Member since:
    06-24-2012

View PostchoSenfroZen_1, on Apr 05 2016 - 16:06, said:

 

okay so I have been told many many time to delete my game because my stats are in the bottom 10%, I like to play games, and am learning. SO because I am learning,  according to a god of tanks, I should be banned from playing. Nice fella, you are 1 of the frustrating portions of this game. When asked for advice, or why am I a f***ng nOOb, you fellas are the first to tell me to shut up, or F*** off, or delete my game. How are people supposed to get better with this sort of attitude. There should be not only the training rooms but areas where people can just drive around the maps to learn the layouts, or even better similar to the initial training maps with the bots, have a place where every map has these training bots so we can learn more about the maps in a safe way. Sight lines, shooting alleys spotting etc.

I commented before on the premium or gold ammo, with no response. I will try again, this feature is the absolute worst thing , and the most frustrating thing in the game. The premium/Gold ammunition should be removed from general game play. It gives these god of tanks, or those with credit cards an unfair and frustrating advantage. How can a person learn if they cannot survive any higher tier battle because of these slanted advantages. I don't mind dueling with a tier 10 monster and having him wipe me out in a few shots, it makes me learn his weaknesses. But having him use gold , not only that but the power / strength advantage of his / her higher tier is frustrating. The major and recurring complaint I see in-game is about this premium ammo.

I am a long time gamer, but am on a pension, I cannot really afford to buy credits with cash, and to gain higher tier equipment my credits go to new tanks. Being taken out in one shot, (1600 damage) by a tier 10 TD, ensures my not making these credits very quickly. WOT people, please consider removing premium ammo, or make it just for clan wars.

 

Please take note of the fact that I have not uttered an unkind word to you during this discourse.  You have a valid point of view and so do I, we're trying to meet in the middle.  I only use someone's stats in an argument when they are shooting off their mouth about what I or a teammate are doing during a game and have worse stats than I (or the teammate) do.

 

I understand your frustration with premium ammo; you are far from alone.  Your pension makes this a limiting factor for you, but consider this:

 

1.) There are often opportunities to earn premium tanks for free.  These tanks earn boatloads of extra credits.  Extra credits can upgrade your tanks or buy premium ammo and for zero cost you just became more competitive.

 

2.) You can zero in on the BEST premium tanks and use precious real money to buy one of those.  The best examples I know of are the Churchill III at tier 5 (insane XP and very competitive at its tier), or the American T34 at tier 8 (others will say the IS-6 but it only really shines when using premium ammo and that negates the credit earning aspect you need).  The T34 never needs to use premium ammo and while it sees tier 10 battles it can still compete there using standard ammo, it should always be played from hull down positions or peaking over hills just like the rest of the American heavies.  It can earn you massive credits - even in losses IF YOU CONTRIBUTE.

 

No advice anyone gives you will help you improve though if you think, "I'm a bad player so I should hide for long periods of time." Or, "I'm a bad player so it doesn't matter if I run out there with guns blazing and die."  You have to be more aggressive if you are ever going to learn good technique in the attack, and learning how to survivably attack is THEE skill you will need to reach the threshold of calling yourself a "good" player.  Try, die, learn.  Try, die, learn.  Be an effective MOVER in your tank - aiming and shooting are EASY by comparison.  Playing scout tanks can help you acquire these skills faster, but you will pay for it with more deaths.  The only class you should feel comfortable sitting still in for any length of time is the TDs.  Passive scouting is also a sitting activity but that doesn't apply to all light tanks.

 

Right now you feel like you and other players with poor stats are persecuted - and to some degree you're right.  But the culprit isn't premium ammo, or anything else really, except for other players having no patience for your NEEDED and REASONABLE learning curve.  But be honest with me, you know that for every player who really wants to learn and get better there is another who doesn't want to invest any time in that activity.  They want to be equal to everyone else without putting any work into it.  You don't really believe I got a 53% win rate over 39K games effortlessly, do you?  I am a serious student of warfare and history and I STILL worked my butt off to improve over time in this game.

 

Take what the game gives you, make the best of it you can.  We both want the same thing - to have fun playing a game.  We just might have different ideas about what makes that game better and what "fun" means.



IceOtter #202 Posted Apr 06 2016 - 23:46

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 60533 battles
  • 417
  • [BE] BE
  • Member since:
    06-24-2012

View PostVonBrown, on Apr 06 2016 - 10:51, said:

 

But a theoretical (impossible to actually prove) game balance trade off really isn't. Your claiming the tank also gets some form of compensation in his reload, ect vs. you....but all of those things are impossible to bring to bear on an arty shooting you over a  hill or splashing you behind a building, or spinning 20 meters in front of you invisible with a 1000HP+ derp. Who cares how fast a tank reloads if he can't shoot at you or see you.

 

Here is why it is broken in simple terms for you:

 

If a tank has a line of site he can shoot you and you can shoot him. If he doesn't have a line of site he can't shoot you but you can still shoot him. If you can't shoot him it is because he is cowering behind a building/rock to keep it that way.

 

Enjoy it while it lasts, but realistically, don't waste a bunch of time and experience on arty cause the nerf bat is coming. 

 

Arty haters always make the same argument  - he can shoot me but I can't shoot him.  Same thing applies to someone who waits for you to shoot and then shoots you before ducking back into cover.  YOUR actions make HIS actions possible.  Any arty player will tell you he has to fire the same number of insanely inaccurate shots to get that one-shot kill that other classes have to fire to get an ammo rack kill.  I basically stopped playing arty after the last nerd because you miss 3/4 of your shots unless you fire premium rounds for the splash damage.  The XP nerf for arty is PROFOUND!  I can practically guarantee you that on the minuscule number of occasions when you see arty finish top of the team that the arty players team lost and did terrible damage.  I've had great games in arty and did the most damage on the team and still finished in the lower half of the team.  If you seriously believe that nerfs are going to be applied to arty then it should simply be removed from the game entirely - and they just said that WON'T happen.  What is far more likely to happen is that the entire concept will be reworked and arty will do less damage, hit more often, and get reasonable XP.  But you still won't get to shoot back at it until you advance far enough - and THAT is as real life as it gets.  Arty has NEVER been frontline until attackers BROKE THROUGH the frontline.

 

And for the record nobody is EVER going to take your arguments seriously when you say things like 60-90% of a map is unplayable due to arty.



Deputy276 #203 Posted Apr 06 2016 - 23:49

    Major

  • Players
  • 20403 battles
  • 5,974
  • [3_NZ] 3_NZ
  • Member since:
    06-17-2013

View PostIceOtter, on Apr 06 2016 - 16:11, said:

 

  I only use someone's stats in an argument when they are shooting off their mouth about what I or a teammate are doing during a game and have worse stats than I (or the teammate) do.

 

 

 

That really is an exercise in futility, other than maybe making YOU feel "superior". Stat-shaming in game is about as useless an activity as you could do. Most people who have bad stats (including myself, don't even bother looking) don't give two squirts about those numbers. Personally, I treat each game as an individual occurrence. Someone who has unicum stats can be the first one to die the first 30 seconds of the game. Especially if he is driving a light and using it to scout. I see that happen quite often. 

The T34....don't get me started on that one. I have a thread going right now on how WG is giving us a "super" deal on that tank (hint, another crap-package deal with gold).


Edited by Deputy276, Apr 06 2016 - 23:50.


Deputy276 #204 Posted Apr 06 2016 - 23:58

    Major

  • Players
  • 20403 battles
  • 5,974
  • [3_NZ] 3_NZ
  • Member since:
    06-17-2013

View PostIceOtter, on Apr 06 2016 - 16:46, said:

 

Arty haters always make the same argument  - he can shoot me but I can't shoot him.  Same thing applies to someone who waits for you to shoot and then shoots you before ducking back into cover.  YOUR actions make HIS actions possible.  Any arty player will tell you he has to fire the same number of insanely inaccurate shots to get that one-shot kill that other classes have to fire to get an ammo rack kill.  I basically stopped playing arty after the last nerd because you miss 3/4 of your shots unless you fire premium rounds for the splash damage.  The XP nerf for arty is PROFOUND!  I can practically guarantee you that on the minuscule number of occasions when you see arty finish top of the team that the arty players team lost and did terrible damage.  I've had great games in arty and did the most damage on the team and still finished in the lower half of the team.  If you seriously believe that nerfs are going to be applied to arty then it should simply be removed from the game entirely - and they just said that WON'T happen.  What is far more likely to happen is that the entire concept will be reworked and arty will do less damage, hit more often, and get reasonable XP.  But you still won't get to shoot back at it until you advance far enough - and THAT is as real life as it gets.  Arty has NEVER been frontline until attackers BROKE THROUGH the frontline.

 

And for the record nobody is EVER going to take your arguments seriously when you say things like 60-90% of a map is unplayable due to arty.

 

Only problem with your reasoning, is the FACT arty does NOT shoot DIRECTLY at INDIVIDUAL tanks. That is the "big compromise" WG took with arty. Arty is an area fire/indirect fire weapon used mainly to kill infantry. Arty against tanks in WW2 DID happen, but not on a 1-on-1. It was massed arty fire of hundreds, if not thousands, of guns into a small area. That is the time when arty is most effective against armor. No artilleryman would get a call on his radio asking to "take out this tank at sector A-1 and here are the coordinates". The artilleryman would tell his crew that and they would all have a good laugh and report the guy calling it in for screwing around on the radio. 

Present day artillery CAN hit an individual tank using something called the Copperhead system. It was used quite successfully in the Iraq war by the USA. But having arty shoot at individual tanks from some helicopter view of the battlefiled is pure bull manure invented by WG because Russians love their arty. It's a horrendous compromise system that really needs to be removed, not reworked. But as you said, it won't happen.

 

 


Edited by Deputy276, Apr 06 2016 - 23:58.


VonBrown #205 Posted Apr 07 2016 - 00:07

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 18358 battles
  • 967
  • [SKW] SKW
  • Member since:
    06-04-2011

View PostIceOtter, on Apr 06 2016 - 16:46, said:

 

 

And for the record nobody is EVER going to take your arguments seriously when you say things like 60-90% of a map is unplayable due to arty.

 

For sure they will, because every game plays out the same. "Go to edge of map, find solid cover, wait." 



IceOtter #206 Posted Apr 07 2016 - 00:10

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 60533 battles
  • 417
  • [BE] BE
  • Member since:
    06-24-2012

View PostDeputy276, on Apr 06 2016 - 16:49, said:

 

That really is an exercise in futility, other than maybe making YOU feel "superior". Stat-shaming in game is about as useless an activity as you could do. Most people who have bad stats (including myself, don't even bother looking) don't give two squirts about those numbers. Personally, I treat each game as an individual occurrence. Someone who has unicum stats can be the first one to die the first 30 seconds of the game. Especially if he is driving a light and using it to scout. I see that happen quite often. 

The T34....don't get me started on that one. I have a thread going right now on how WG is giving us a "super" deal on that tank (hint, another crap-package deal with gold).

 

I stand by this.  If you're a red player giving me advice you MIGHT be giving me good advice, but if you follow that by telling me I'm a moron for not taking your advice I will kindly tell you where you and your red stats can go.  I didn't get where I am by making poor choices, and the red player DID get where he is by making poor choices.  Therefore, on average, my advice will be superior to his.

 

The fact that you don't give 2 squirts about whether someone has better stats is PRECISELY why you will not rise above the pack.  I'm not suggesting anyone worship stats - that's a pointless exercise - but ignoring them is equally pointless.  I've given enough good in-game advice to fill a stadium.  If someone had actually paid attention to my stats (dark green player, 39K games, 53% win rate, more Ace Tankers than the vast majority of people have total tanks ever played) then more of them would have accepted my advice.  Everybody who thinks their own logic is perfect and have a 40% win rate (and other bad stats) are delusional.  They aren't bad human beings.  Just over-reliant on their own flawed thinking.



driesp #207 Posted Apr 07 2016 - 00:41

    Major

  • Players
  • 31571 battles
  • 2,423
  • Member since:
    07-14-2012

View Post_In_Fighter_, on Apr 05 2016 - 20:29, said:

Suggestion for WG

 

 

Pay jingles and quickybaby each the equivalent of 300k us dollars in UK pounds.  They are the ones responsible for 60% of the player bases retention over the years not WG.

 

lol, I would love to know how you came to that crazy strange conclusion. Neither jingles nor the heavily carried platooning  quickybaby have had any impact on me playing this game

Iron_Soul_Stealer #208 Posted Apr 07 2016 - 00:45

    Major

  • Players
  • 3183 battles
  • 10,194
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

 

View PostBlackhorse_Six, on Apr 06 2016 - 14:51, said:

 

I read in the newspaper today that because we don't roll-around in the dirt or live with our farm animals anymore, that we're also more susceptible to relatively common diseases which we once resisted more effectively when we rolled-around in the dirt and lived with our farm animals ...

 

^..That's the most beautiful thing about Karma...

*In the end, everyone always gets what they deserve.

 



Deputy276 #209 Posted Apr 07 2016 - 01:08

    Major

  • Players
  • 20403 battles
  • 5,974
  • [3_NZ] 3_NZ
  • Member since:
    06-17-2013

View PostIceOtter, on Apr 06 2016 - 17:10, said:

 

I stand by this.  If you're a red player giving me advice you MIGHT be giving me good advice, but if you follow that by telling me I'm a moron for not taking your advice I will kindly tell you where you and your red stats can go.  I didn't get where I am by making poor choices, and the red player DID get where he is by making poor choices.  Therefore, on average, my advice will be superior to his.

 

The fact that you don't give 2 squirts about whether someone has better stats is PRECISELY why you will not rise above the pack.  I'm not suggesting anyone worship stats - that's a pointless exercise - but ignoring them is equally pointless.  I've given enough good in-game advice to fill a stadium.  If someone had actually paid attention to my stats (dark green player, 39K games, 53% win rate, more Ace Tankers than the vast majority of people have total tanks ever played) then more of them would have accepted my advice.  Everybody who thinks their own logic is perfect and have a 40% win rate (and other bad stats) are delusional.  They aren't bad human beings.  Just over-reliant on their own flawed thinking.

I don't do that name-calling thing. Also non-productive. If you make a dumb move, it's on you. It may negatively affect "the team", but I gave up on that team play baloney in pub play back when they released Personal Missions. It's also pretty common knowledge that stats can be "adjusted" in many ways. So numbers and colors aren't very impressive. And that includes advice. I have seen so much crap advice about "go here" and "do this" from high-stat players it's not even funny. Much of that advice is given out so that the player giving the advice doesn't risk himself. I usually tell a person what he can do with that advice in as nice a way as I can. :teethhappy: 

 

I also couldn't care less about "rising above the pack". It's a freaking GAME, pal. You play for whatever reason you want to play. And there are a ton of reasons WHY people play. And stats is just one tiny reason among them. Maybe your reason, but not mine. And that leads me to my list that I bring out just for people like you. Here ya go, bro:

 

I see this complaint about players who "play for fun" so often that I saved my response so that I didn't have to type it over and over again. I am sure I will get neg-repped for it, but trust me, I really don't care. So here goes:
 
You are making a mistake that many make with WOT. You are only applying your version of "having fun" (or the dictionary version in this case) to this game. Newsflash...but there are MANY MANY different versions of "having fun", and applying your definition of it just ain't gonna fly. The reasons people play WOT are numerous. To name a few:
 
#1.Some people play to accumulate as many tanks that they like as they can.They are "collectors". Nothing wrong with that. That's their choice.
#2 Some people play to see how many kills they can get in one game.
#3 Some people play to see how much damage they can do.
#4 Some people play for the historical value (limited as it might be) of operating tanks from various eras.
#5 Some people play just to enjoy the different maps and scenery.
#6 Some people play just to hear the loud BOOMS! and other noises.
#7 Some people play for "stats".
#8 Some people play just to get the "M" ranking, barrel bands, or medals 
#9 Some people play to win as many games as possible.


Those are just a small sampling of why folks play. And you will find them at every tier level. Sorry about that stuff...just the way it is. Either learn to deal with it, or move on to that "other game". You can cry and moan on here about noobs and stats and other stuff, but it will do no good. And trying to command people on how to play....please. Get real.

-----------------------------

There you have it. Just a small list I compiled while playing this GAME. BTW...when you figure out how to make WOT actually pay REAL money and pay your car note, mortgage, and utility bills, let me know. :teethhappy:


Edited by Deputy276, Apr 07 2016 - 01:10.


IceOtter #210 Posted Apr 07 2016 - 02:01

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 60533 battles
  • 417
  • [BE] BE
  • Member since:
    06-24-2012

View PostDeputy276, on Apr 06 2016 - 18:08, said:

I don't do that name-calling thing. Also non-productive. If you make a dumb move, it's on you. It may negatively affect "the team", but I gave up on that team play baloney in pub play back when they released Personal Missions. It's also pretty common knowledge that stats can be "adjusted" in many ways. So numbers and colors aren't very impressive. And that includes advice. I have seen so much crap advice about "go here" and "do this" from high-stat players it's not even funny. Much of that advice is given out so that the player giving the advice doesn't risk himself. I usually tell a person what he can do with that advice in as nice a way as I can. :teethhappy: 

 

I also couldn't care less about "rising above the pack". It's a freaking GAME, pal. You play for whatever reason you want to play. And there are a ton of reasons WHY people play. And stats is just one tiny reason among them. Maybe your reason, but not mine. And that leads me to my list that I bring out just for people like you. Here ya go, bro:

 

I see this complaint about players who "play for fun" so often that I saved my response so that I didn't have to type it over and over again. I am sure I will get neg-repped for it, but trust me, I really don't care. So here goes:
 
You are making a mistake that many make with WOT. You are only applying your version of "having fun" (or the dictionary version in this case) to this game. Newsflash...but there are MANY MANY different versions of "having fun", and applying your definition of it just ain't gonna fly. The reasons people play WOT are numerous. To name a few:
 
#1.Some people play to accumulate as many tanks that they like as they can.They are "collectors". Nothing wrong with that. That's their choice.
#2 Some people play to see how many kills they can get in one game.
#3 Some people play to see how much damage they can do.
#4 Some people play for the historical value (limited as it might be) of operating tanks from various eras.
#5 Some people play just to enjoy the different maps and scenery.
#6 Some people play just to hear the loud BOOMS! and other noises.
#7 Some people play for "stats".
#8 Some people play just to get the "M" ranking, barrel bands, or medals 
#9 Some people play to win as many games as possible.


Those are just a small sampling of why folks play. And you will find them at every tier level. Sorry about that stuff...just the way it is. Either learn to deal with it, or move on to that "other game". You can cry and moan on here about noobs and stats and other stuff, but it will do no good. And trying to command people on how to play....please. Get real.

-----------------------------

There you have it. Just a small list I compiled while playing this GAME. BTW...when you figure out how to make WOT actually pay REAL money and pay your car note, mortgage, and utility bills, let me know. :teethhappy:

 

Speaking of cars and houses, I would bet everything I have, including those things, that you are a ray of sunshine in real life buddy.

 

(sarcasm -1)



Hagendansk #211 Posted Apr 07 2016 - 02:16

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 20845 battles
  • 114
  • Member since:
    01-30-2016

1 tier spread and some other announced changes really sound interesting. 

 

I am a fairly new but heavily addicted player, and what is already giving me the creeps and driving me to other tank sims are mainly 2 things: 

 

- the slightly artificial/"unused" and uniform look of the tanks (no individualization items, no mud on tracks, etc. - they are all just from the factory... :D )

 

- the total neglect of the actual role of the tanks and too big tier spreads. Just one extreme example: Tiger P keeps getting "clumsy useless scout" assignments in tier 9 matches, today in about 70% of cases. I know this game does not intend to be a historical simulation, but a matchmaking that at least roughly reflects the historical role of the tanks and does not make them meet opponents from 20 years into the future would greatly benefit the user experience. 

 

- personally I would love to see a revised version of the "realistic"/historical battles, where players fill a pre-defined team that resembles actual encounters in WW2, like light/medium tank centered desert operations, or massive encounters like in the big tank battles of the east. Only vehicles from the matching class/tier/era allowed. Well, one can hope and dream, right? :D

 

Other stuff, like the new physics, are simply cool and I hope we see more of this in the future!



SpectreHD #212 Posted Apr 07 2016 - 02:35

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 16849 battles
  • 17,281
  • [TT] TT
  • Member since:
    07-12-2010
So, can the US tree see the M60A1 or even A2 and maybe a second medium line?

Dunfalach #213 Posted Apr 07 2016 - 02:55

    Major

  • Players
  • 18752 battles
  • 4,802
  • [S-F] S-F
  • Member since:
    01-07-2012

View PostHoover1985, on Apr 06 2016 - 11:54, said:

I keep hearing him say there are 40 maps...hmmm then why is it the same 5 maps in rotation?

 

A server architecture issue. The Russian servers run so many copies of the game at once with their population that they limit the maps in rotation in a given stretch of time to minimize how many maps they have to load into memory. We have the same server architecture, so we're stuck with the limited rotation.

 

Add to that the change a couple of patches ago that made it where lower to mid tiers see a smaller subset of the available maps in order to introduce the maps to players a few at a time as they rise up the tiers.



puffitaround #214 Posted Apr 07 2016 - 03:34

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 73077 battles
  • 93
  • Member since:
    02-11-2013

View PostIceOtter, on Apr 07 2016 - 00:10, said:

 

I stand by this.  If you're a red player giving me advice you MIGHT be giving me good advice, but if you follow that by telling me I'm a moron for not taking your advice I will kindly tell you where you and your red stats can go.  I didn't get where I am by making poor choices, and the red player DID get where he is by making poor choices.  Therefore, on average, my advice will be superior to his.

 

The fact that you don't give 2 squirts about whether someone has better stats is PRECISELY why you will not rise above the pack.  I'm not suggesting anyone worship stats - that's a pointless exercise - but ignoring them is equally pointless.  I've given enough good in-game advice to fill a stadium.  If someone had actually paid attention to my stats (dark green player, 39K games, 53% win rate, more Ace Tankers than the vast majority of people have total tanks ever played) then more of them would have accepted my advice.  Everybody who thinks their own logic is perfect and have a 40% win rate (and other bad stats) are delusional.  They aren't bad human beings.  Just over-reliant on their own flawed thinking.

What is your opinion on stat padding?



Hopping_Jalapeno #215 Posted Apr 07 2016 - 03:46

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 15120 battles
  • 297
  • Member since:
    12-30-2012

People love to spout off on arty once they've been killed by one once or twice.

 

Here are the facts: http://www.vbaddict.net/statistics.php?tier=0&tanktype=0&nation=0&premium=0&modeid=0&team=0&battles=1000&groupby=0&fieldname=damage_dealt&server=

(last 30 days, ~2Million public battles, 59Million tanks played,  excluding bonuses)

 

Top 100 in DPG, 11 were arties, top arty is at #40 (Obj261).

Top 100 KPG, 3 were arties, top arty is at #15 (tier 5 105LeF)

Top 100 DPM, 5 arties (Tier X)

 

Sample number of arties in Top100 DPG by map:

 

Abbey, 13 arties 

Airfield, 15 arties 

Himmelsdorf, 5 arties

Ruinberg, 9 arties

Pilsen, 5 arties

Siegfried, 10 arties

 

Clearly, there are arty-safer maps.



puffitaround #216 Posted Apr 07 2016 - 04:06

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 73077 battles
  • 93
  • Member since:
    02-11-2013

View PostDeputy276, on Apr 07 2016 - 01:08, said:

I don't do that name-calling thing. Also non-productive. If you make a dumb move, it's on you. It may negatively affect "the team", but I gave up on that team play baloney in pub play back when they released Personal Missions. It's also pretty common knowledge that stats can be "adjusted" in many ways. So numbers and colors aren't very impressive. And that includes advice. I have seen so much crap advice about "go here" and "do this" from high-stat players it's not even funny. Much of that advice is given out so that the player giving the advice doesn't risk himself. I usually tell a person what he can do with that advice in as nice a way as I can. :teethhappy: 

 

I also couldn't care less about "rising above the pack". It's a freaking GAME, pal. You play for whatever reason you want to play. And there are a ton of reasons WHY people play. And stats is just one tiny reason among them. Maybe your reason, but not mine. And that leads me to my list that I bring out just for people like you. Here ya go, bro:

 

I see this complaint about players who "play for fun" so often that I saved my response so that I didn't have to type it over and over again. I am sure I will get neg-repped for it, but trust me, I really don't care. So here goes:
 
You are making a mistake that many make with WOT. You are only applying your version of "having fun" (or the dictionary version in this case) to this game. Newsflash...but there are MANY MANY different versions of "having fun", and applying your definition of it just ain't gonna fly. The reasons people play WOT are numerous. To name a few:
 
#1.Some people play to accumulate as many tanks that they like as they can.They are "collectors". Nothing wrong with that. That's their choice.
#2 Some people play to see how many kills they can get in one game.
#3 Some people play to see how much damage they can do.
#4 Some people play for the historical value (limited as it might be) of operating tanks from various eras.
#5 Some people play just to enjoy the different maps and scenery.
#6 Some people play just to hear the loud BOOMS! and other noises.
#7 Some people play for "stats".
#8 Some people play just to get the "M" ranking, barrel bands, or medals 
#9 Some people play to win as many games as possible.


Those are just a small sampling of why folks play. And you will find them at every tier level. Sorry about that stuff...just the way it is. Either learn to deal with it, or move on to that "other game". You can cry and moan on here about noobs and stats and other stuff, but it will do no good. And trying to command people on how to play....please. Get real.

-----------------------------

There you have it. Just a small list I compiled while playing this GAME. BTW...when you figure out how to make WOT actually pay REAL money and pay your car note, mortgage, and utility bills, let me know. :teethhappy:

     #1 That is me almost got every tank unlocked, next i want all tanks in my garage 211 tanks so far

 

 

        Finally some one else with brains i been saying the same things for years t.y. I just did not no how to put it in words.Now if only wot could wake up and ban that ****. Before stats became popular on this game people would platoon up, now  if you got bad stats your looked down at like if your a piece of ****.  Apparently I have bad stats ok. I been working on my personal missions. Trying  to do the platoon missions.  A real pain in the [edited]since most of the time I am looked down at. They either refuse or accept to platoon, then they immediately precede to suicide.  Wen you look up they're service record, they don't even have the t28 Concept and her i am working on the obj 260  but I'm a tomato with the ***** stats.

 

                                                  P.S. Several platoon missions I have done by my self. 



choSenfroZen_1 #217 Posted Apr 07 2016 - 04:41

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 6346 battles
  • 377
  • [GITS] GITS
  • Member since:
    12-26-2015

View PostIceOtter, on Apr 06 2016 - 23:11, said:

 

Please take note of the fact that I have not uttered an unkind word to you during this discourse.  You have a valid point of view and so do I, we're trying to meet in the middle.  I only use someone's stats in an argument when they are shooting off their mouth about what I or a teammate are doing during a game and have worse stats than I (or the teammate) do.

 

I understand your frustration with premium ammo; you are far from alone.  Your pension makes this a limiting factor for you, but consider this:

 

1.) There are often opportunities to earn premium tanks for free.  These tanks earn boatloads of extra credits.  Extra credits can upgrade your tanks or buy premium ammo and for zero cost you just became more competitive.

 

2.) You can zero in on the BEST premium tanks and use precious real money to buy one of those.  The best examples I know of are the Churchill III at tier 5 (insane XP and very competitive at its tier), or the American T34 at tier 8 (others will say the IS-6 but it only really shines when using premium ammo and that negates the credit earning aspect you need).  The T34 never needs to use premium ammo and while it sees tier 10 battles it can still compete there using standard ammo, it should always be played from hull down positions or peaking over hills just like the rest of the American heavies.  It can earn you massive credits - even in losses IF YOU CONTRIBUTE.

 

No advice anyone gives you will help you improve though if you think, "I'm a bad player so I should hide for long periods of time." Or, "I'm a bad player so it doesn't matter if I run out there with guns blazing and die."  You have to be more aggressive if you are ever going to learn good technique in the attack, and learning how to survivably attack is THEE skill you will need to reach the threshold of calling yourself a "good" player.  Try, die, learn.  Try, die, learn.  Be an effective MOVER in your tank - aiming and shooting are EASY by comparison.  Playing scout tanks can help you acquire these skills faster, but you will pay for it with more deaths.  The only class you should feel comfortable sitting still in for any length of time is the TDs.  Passive scouting is also a sitting activity but that doesn't apply to all light tanks.

 

Right now you feel like you and other players with poor stats are persecuted - and to some degree you're right.  But the culprit isn't premium ammo, or anything else really, except for other players having no patience for your NEEDED and REASONABLE learning curve.  But be honest with me, you know that for every player who really wants to learn and get better there is another who doesn't want to invest any time in that activity.  They want to be equal to everyone else without putting any work into it.  You don't really believe I got a 53% win rate over 39K games effortlessly, do you?  I am a serious student of warfare and history and I STILL worked my butt off to improve over time in this game.

 

Take what the game gives you, make the best of it you can.  We both want the same thing - to have fun playing a game.  We just might have different ideas about what makes that game better and what "fun" means.

 

Trust me, just the fact you take the time to answer is greatly appreciated, the fact you have 39K games is reason enough for me to listen, just the kind of advice I crave.

 

I did convince my beautiful spouse of mine , to allow a few concessions, I will buy a premium account, sort of like paying monthly dues, and I really like the Patton KR rental ( and made 16 million credits off of it), so I bought it , as you said , a credit machine. 

 

I still spend it on equipment, and new tanks, not premium ammo. I don't want to be one of those people. To me they are just greedy, and do not really know where to shoot for damage.

I guess you are correct it is just a game, but I still do not see why this ammo even exists ( other than another way for WG to make money) , if it isn't removed then I think it should go back to straight gold and not credits, as it has become very common and is very frustrating and really does detract from the enjoyment of the game.

 

The T34 eh, I will have to try the US heavies after I work up the Russian line, and my US TD's. 

I rediscovered my old COD clan mates, and they are slowly re-teaching the game to me again, I am told before I got sick and lost huge chunks of memory I played over 6000 games in 2011 and 2012. Too bad I couldn't get WG to find the account, they tried but it was inactive too long. ANyway with the stats tracking I am using, I am getting more effective with the heavies and TD's, and scoring more and more damage, without get stupidly killed (not as much anyway). 

 

We both want the same thing - to have fun playing a game.  But we just might have similar ideas about what makes that game better and what "fun" means.

Thanks for the conversation and advice  IceOtter.



Tricky_Tracks #218 Posted Apr 07 2016 - 06:29

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 29915 battles
  • 28
  • Member since:
    08-25-2013

I find this very interesting that the company finally wants to listen to its players with no real specific direct answers. I also find it interesting that no one commented in this video about all the current active cheats that can be used in this game and what is to be done about it as far as a real anti cheat engine that would ban players for use of illegal mods. We all know that they exist yet it seems Wargaming still turns a blind eye to it.



Iron_Soul_Stealer #219 Posted Apr 07 2016 - 06:39

    Major

  • Players
  • 3183 battles
  • 10,194
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

Mr. Kislyi, :coin:...Again, as I recently suggested here, in our forum....

If you're still listening, and if you're serious about balance, and in finding a realistic solution for the so-called "arty problem"....I have a solution for you:

 

Why don't you consider substantially increasing the rate-of-fire for arty, while at the same time decreasing it's effective accuracy and damage..? I mean, c'mon...after all...the primary objective of artillery is really to 'rattle' the enemy's cage, throw them off balance, and keep them moving....not necessarily to knock them all out. In real combat, that almost never works.

 

*For example, take a look at this SPG, below. Look at how fast the crew can potentially reload....yet, in real combat {for the most part}, they'd probably just be making a huge potato field out of the other side of that map.

 

 


Edited by Iron_Soul_Stealer, Apr 08 2016 - 00:37.


WulfeHound #220 Posted Apr 07 2016 - 06:41

    Major

  • Players
  • 12919 battles
  • 26,179
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT
  • Member since:
    04-03-2011
They already did that back in 8.6. Do you want to make arty an even bigger RNG slot machine than it is right now?




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users