Victor Kislyi Talks Future of World of Tanks

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
304 replies to this topic

mattwong #41 Posted Apr 04 2016 - 19:01

Major

• Players
  • 30470 battles

I oppose the 1-tier spread.  The game had more teamwork back when the tier spread was larger.  The weakness of a 1-tier spread is the same as its strength: it takes away the necessity for low-tier tanks to work as part of a team.  Now everyone can be a lone wolf and take on anyone he sees, without help.

Tex_O7 #42 Posted Apr 04 2016 - 19:04

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 10755 battles
  • [LIMBO] LIMBO
Sounds like things are heading in the right direction.  Proof is in the pudding though.

MobiusDisco #43 Posted Apr 04 2016 - 19:05

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 6540 battles

View PostWolf_Attack, on Apr 04 2016 - 16:33, said:

Any chance the Super Pershing could see a speed or hp/ton ratio or penetration increase?

I'd be happy with just a little more Hp/ton!

Rustic_Ani_Mule #44 Posted Apr 04 2016 - 19:17

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 24752 battles
  • [O_T] O_T
Vehicles in Futures Updates: How about the Pz 4 SH*T

madogthefirst #45 Posted Apr 04 2016 - 19:19

Major

• Players
  • 24158 battles

View Postoldsurferjoe, on Apr 04 2016 - 09:44, said:

All this sounds good - A+ for seeing that changes need to be made.

My two sense:

1. Maps, more maps, more random.

2. With the rebalance it needs to be recognized that some of the tier pair ups are silly. Some tanks just don't fit the MM model for their tier.

3. I think xvm fog of war during the battle should added during all battles. Maybe have it on loading but during battle removed. Like CW.

4. SH battles should also have fog of war. Strategy is greatly affected by tank make up and knowing what the team has removes the surprise of the plan.

5. I even think a strong argument can be made to remove XVM ranking completely in game. It adds to much of the pre game whining and shaming that occurs in game.

6. I feel xvm has damaged proper light tank play. XVM focuses on damage delivered only, and for the most part ignores assisted damage (track, spot and radio).  Vision control done well should be greatly rewarded. It wins more battles than not. 

7. Arty - I disagree with the elitist/purple madness of arty complaining. I see alot of coolaid drinkers falling on this ban wagon to remove or nerf it more, and I could not more strongly disagree. Arty plays a strategic importance in game, both in CW and SH.  In fact arty right now it has been nerfed to far on accuracy rng wise. The players know it and WG knows it. Stop crying about it, move and use the maps to stay arty safe. In fact if point 1 would be focused on much of the crying would slow down. Also point 5 - xvm sniping is real. Plus a simple arty cap per battle would be awesome.

8. Tank training - if a crew member was 100% trained in a previous tank - then that crew member should retain that training!

9. Having played for over 5 years I am a little miffed by the reward for the 5th anniversary. As a Senior Technical Engineer (all tanks researched) a LTP seems a little weak really. At least let me buy a few unique prems - I don't have in the garage.

10. In game Kudos is a great idea - some thumbs up would be nice.

xoxo

There is an  arty cap, ever notice how there is never more than 5 arty on each team in a battle?

Verblonde #46 Posted Apr 04 2016 - 19:20

Major

• -Players-
  • 17996 battles
  • [FUNTB] FUNTB
+1 to not reducing the tier spread (although I don't object to the odd premium having pref matchmaking); okay, it sucks to try to play Tier V against Tier VII, but it does force you to try and learn to play better. If you can last more than 20 secs in that environment, you do an awful lot better in games where you aren't the bottom of the pile.

I would object less to removing scout matchmaking though (as in Blitz), although presumably that would require some re-balancing work to be done. Alternatively, give the scouts their bushes back to hide in - at the moment, they're mostly just under-powered mediums...

kilroy26 #47 Posted Apr 04 2016 - 19:40

Captain

• Players
  • 25256 battles
  • [T-BB] T-BB

We've heard promises before WG...this is all well and good and you can say all you want but until you deliver they are no more than words

GhostPrime #48 Posted Apr 04 2016 - 19:47

Community Coordinator

• -Players-
  • 805 battles

View Postkilroy26, on Apr 04 2016 - 10:40, said:

We've heard promises before WG...this is all well and good and you can say all you want but until you deliver they are no more than words

Fair enough. While it's difficult to make everyone happy, we are going to do our best. 

Dent781 #49 Posted Apr 04 2016 - 19:50

Captain

• Players
  • 17185 battles

View PostGhostPrime, on Apr 04 2016 - 13:47, said:

Fair enough. While it's difficult to make everyone happy, we are going to do our best. 

were rooting for you guys. we want the game to grow and improve. make it happen!

supertank83 #50 Posted Apr 04 2016 - 19:52

Corporal

• Players
  • 18115 battles

Victor Kislyi, I am supertank83 on the NA server. I love WOT but also have some suggestions I'd like to make.
1. Break up the tiers: I-X was fine when I started playing years ago but it is unrealistic now. Maybe tiers I-XV would be more appropriate. This will do several positive things. First, it will allow the developers greater freedom to more closely model the actual specs of the tanks so they won't have the be so "buffed" or "nerfed" for balancing purposes. Second, it will make it easier for tanks to always be in a matchup that they can be very competitive in. 2. Expand the skills and equipment options for tanks. This will allow tanks to become more individualized and special to players. Ideally, specialization should be unlimited. For example, games like world of warcraft and diablo are so addictive because the specialization is endless. With the right ideas, practical mindset, etc. 3. Offer an easy place for players to make suggestion within the user interface in the garage. I've had awesome ideas tons of times only to forget them and not really even know where to make them in the first place. It will also show WG is committed to listening to the players. 4. I know I am going to get flak for this one but please allow the games time period to expand beyond its historic first tank to post WWII period. There are tons of tanks I'd love to see but can't because the game limits itself to that specific time period. I'd even be ok with a second game developed by WG to involve more modern tanks like "World of Modern Tanks" or something. 5. Introduce more tanks into the game. I am a tank collector and I want so badly to be able to play tanks that I know aren't being entered into the game such as the Object 279, Landkreuzer P. 1000 Ratte, Sturmmorserwagen 606/4 mit 38 cm RW 61, and many others.

Here is a list of things I'd like to thank every person in the WG staff for:
1. Thank you for years of fun and entertainment. 2. Thank you for staying strong and keeping arty in the game. 3. Thank you for refocusing on the key part of the game and listening to players - I believe that will be a solid business move and was very important to keep or grow your player base.

Finally, please let me know as a player and fan of WG and WOT what I can do to help. Thanks for taking the time to read this.

cavscout_19D #51 Posted Apr 04 2016 - 19:56

Captain

• Players
  • 42728 battles
  • [T-HC] T-HC

"Happy Players"

The brightest ray of sunshine I have seen yet with this game. No sarcasm here.

Good Luck & Good Hunting

otacon237 #52 Posted Apr 04 2016 - 20:02

Major

• Players
  • 25222 battles

View PostGwennifer, on Apr 04 2016 - 16:37, said:

• >M56 Scorpion (Amerian tier VII tank destroyer)

I'm a little bit iffy with this one, because outside of the high cost of shell, firing camo, turret traverse, and reverse speed--it's pretty fine. I have a poor winrate in mine because I play it up by the heavies and mediums. The DPG is at the top of the tier, though.

​I love mine, it just needs a reverse speed buff imo, maybe turret traverse

59 pat needs the tumor slashed or otherwise like 410 view range

​kanonen needs dpm buff

112 probably needs buff but then the 111 will suffer

​not sure about the rest of that list

otacon237 #53 Posted Apr 04 2016 - 20:11

Major

• Players
  • 25222 battles

Super Pershing needs it's pen buffed in line with the other American 90mm, for some reason it was missed while the 59 pat, tiger pat, Pershing and others got it

the biggest change i would like to see is 1: More map variety

​2: Rethink premiums completely. When a person parts with their money they are demonstrating faith in your product yet the average player is getting shat on the most in terms of premiums. I'm tired of seeing copycat prems, I'm tired of seeing misleading ghost stats, I'm tired of clan players getting priority. Ppl have been crying for a good Brit medium prem for years, guess who gets the good interesting one (t95 chieftian) and guess who gets the underwhelming crap one. The clan guys get their obj 907s and is5s and t23e3s, the filthy cheaters get their t-22sr and what do the people that keep your game afloat get? An is3 with an extra letter and no loader...

mattwong #54 Posted Apr 04 2016 - 20:16

Major

• Players
  • 30470 battles

View Postotacon237, on Apr 04 2016 - 14:11, said:

Super Pershing needs it's pen buffed in line with the other American 90mm, for some reason it was missed while the 59 pat, tiger pat, Pershing and others got it

Those other tanks don't get preferential match-making.  The SuperP does.

A_FIELD_MARSHAL #55 Posted Apr 04 2016 - 20:19

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 29120 battles
  • [REL2] REL2

Instead of blanket -1/+1 Tier spread give it to under performing tanks. There are many tanks in game that probably shouldent see +2 Spread. While others do fine with +2 spread. 

If WG feels adding +1 Tier spread is good for business well nothing we can do about it. 

They probably should give the lower Tier tanks III-IV a +1 Spread as alot of new players dont make it past Tier IV as at that point seeing O-I Exp and stuff is turning potental costumers away. 

olddirtynapkin #56 Posted Apr 04 2016 - 20:30

Sergeant

• Players
  • 34134 battles

Block Quote

The result: a refocused effort on development built on a foundation of community feedback. The seeds of this can be seen in our most recent update, 9.14, which adds more realistic physics and sound effects and a host of new features.

When did the community put up picket signs in front of WG headquarters asking for physics and an introduction of muffled shots?  Hasn't the the community mostly been screaming about CW, MM, and map selection?

Edited by olddirtynapkin, Apr 04 2016 - 20:31.

mattwong #57 Posted Apr 04 2016 - 20:52

Major

• Players
  • 30470 battles

View PostA_FIELD_MARSHAL, on Apr 04 2016 - 14:19, said:

Instead of blanket -1/+1 Tier spread give it to under performing tanks. There are many tanks in game that probably shouldent see +2 Spread. While others do fine with +2 spread. 

If WG feels adding +1 Tier spread is good for business well nothing we can do about it. 

They probably should give the lower Tier tanks III-IV a +1 Spread as alot of new players dont make it past Tier IV as at that point seeing O-I Exp and stuff is turning potental costumers away. 

The O-I Exp wouldn't be so irritating to other players if it weren't so fast.  It's unnaturally quick for such a big heavy low-tier tank.  People expect large tanks with big guns to be somewhat lumbering beasts, not bizarrely fast machines that can keep up with their mediums.

Edited by mattwong, Apr 04 2016 - 20:52.

VonZaViper #58 Posted Apr 04 2016 - 20:53

Sergeant

• Players
  • 11186 battles
  • [VICOM] VICOM

View Postmp31b30q9, on Apr 04 2016 - 17:47, said:

Did they ask him why cheaters, most in top clans got to keep T-22's instead of having accounts banned?

I've seen maybe 3 or 4 T-22s being played by top 10 clan members.  I've seen several dozen driven by players xvm rank as poor that belong to clans I've never heard of.  Funny that

ZORBAS #59 Posted Apr 04 2016 - 20:53

Corporal

• Players
  • 58897 battles
  • [-GTF-] -GTF-

View Postoldsurferjoe, on Apr 04 2016 - 17:44, said:

All this sounds good - A+ for seeing that changes need to be made.

My two sense:

1. Maps, more maps, more random.

2. With the rebalance it needs to be recognized that some of the tier pair ups are silly. Some tanks just don't fit the MM model for their tier.

3. I think xvm fog of war during the battle should added during all battles. Maybe have it on loading but during battle removed. Like CW.

4. SH battles should also have fog of war. Strategy is greatly affected by tank make up and knowing what the team has removes the surprise of the plan.

5. I even think a strong argument can be made to remove XVM ranking completely in game. It adds to much of the pre game whining and shaming that occurs in game.

6. I feel xvm has damaged proper light tank play. XVM focuses on damage delivered only, and for the most part ignores assisted damage (track, spot and radio).  Vision control done well should be greatly rewarded. It wins more battles than not. 

7. Arty - I disagree with the elitist/purple madness of arty complaining. I see alot of coolaid drinkers falling on this ban wagon to remove or nerf it more, and I could not more strongly disagree. Arty plays a strategic importance in game, both in CW and SH.  In fact arty right now it has been nerfed to far on accuracy rng wise. The players know it and WG knows it. Stop crying about it, move and use the maps to stay arty safe. In fact if point 1 would be focused on much of the crying would slow down. Also point 5 - xvm sniping is real. Plus a simple arty cap per battle would be awesome.

8. Tank training - if a crew member was 100% trained in a previous tank - then that crew member should retain that training!

9. Having played for over 5 years I am a little miffed by the reward for the 5th anniversary. As a Senior Technical Engineer (all tanks researched) a LTP seems a little weak really. At least let me buy a few unique prems - I don't have in the garage.

10. In game Kudos is a great idea - some thumbs up would be nice.

xoxo

This is one of the best thought out and constructed inputs I have seen.

The 'thumbs up' should be compulsory and hopefully take over by players as a important stat to look at.  I will add that it should be compulsory after every battle to click 1 'thumbs up' and 1 'thumbs down' to any player on your team (except for platoon mates or clan mates)

This would show who you appreciated being a teammate in that particular battle and who you disapproved of their game play. The thumbs down would IMHO definitely stop some of the bad language and arguments. Some go on way after the battle has ended. This should calm to a degree some arguments caused by fRuStratiOn as you have the option to punish a bad teammate.

4-5 year reward = good idea but maybe fell a little short of total appreciation on my behalf, especially when I had the LTP and was expecting a GOLD compensation since it is a Premium and can only be bought with GOLD but instead got paid out in silver :(

I would like to see a possible reward for players that have actually paid money in support of the game as well, but if its going to be a free locust ... then don't worry about it.

I suggest for every account that's spent more than $500 during the whole time of WoT receive a choice of any tier 8 prem or possibly a tier 10 ?  (If they have all then a Gold reward)

and..

Any account that's spent more then $250 a tier 6 of their choice or tier 8 (if the $500 category is the tier 10)

and ..

so on until you get to even a poor guy who spent maybe as less as $50 gets a tier 2 of choice or so.

Maybe also a Special unique OP free "congratulations" tank for reaching certain number battles .. like 25k battles and 50k battles

Just because some of us are noobs don't mean we don't love this game more than the pros that get these tanks because they get into decent top clans that have chance to win them.

Dedicated noobs that love WoT and spend their money and time on it deserve some love too ;)

ALL THE ABOVE WOULD MAKE ME A "HAPPY PLAYER"

otacon237 #60 Posted Apr 04 2016 - 20:55

Major

• Players
  • 25222 battles

View Postmattwong, on Apr 04 2016 - 19:16, said:

Those other tanks don't get preferential match-making.  The SuperP does.

​the type 59 gets pref mm and it still got the same pen buff as all the Russian 100mms. It's not about pref mm, the pref mm merely makes up up for the fact that the sp is already inferior to those tanks in pretty much every way that matters without them blatantly passing over it while handing out the blanket pen buffs, like they did with the t-34/100 as well. Typical wargaming consistency/thoroughness fail.

while we're at it I want my Rudy bark back

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users