Infantry in World of Tanks

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
46 replies to this topic

Poll: Infantry in Game (126 members have cast votes)

Where would you like Infantry in Wargaming?

1. With World of Tanks. Tanks worked in conjunction with the soldiers, and it gives light tanks another speciality. (83 votes [65.87%])

Percentage of vote: 65.87%

2. In a seperate game (43 votes [34.13%])

Percentage of vote: 34.13%

Would Infantry be a good idea.

1. Yes (87 votes [69.05%])

Percentage of vote: 69.05%

2. no (but still read the article please) (39 votes [30.95%])

Percentage of vote: 30.95%

How do you think I did with gameplay idea?

1. Those are great ideas! (27 votes [21.43%])

Percentage of vote: 21.43%

2. Nice! (26 votes [20.63%])

Percentage of vote: 20.63%

3. I like this topic (37 votes [29.37%])

Percentage of vote: 29.37%

4. I did not like it. Here are my reasons.... (36 votes [28.57%])

Percentage of vote: 28.57%

Vote Hide poll

Polishpaul #41 Posted Aug 28 2011 - 17:09

Sergeant

• Players
  • 13162 battles
  • [REPUB] REPUB

View PostUnMoveingTarget, on Aug 28 2011 - 15:58, said:

toss one down into a hatch,if you swarm a tank you could get on top and try to get it open , tossing one into the tracks could also cause some damage, though it would be more effective agenst open toped
tds.

hell you mentioned close combat its posibel to take out a tank with regular inf in that game even if they lack an at weapon, usualy gets them all killed unless the tank is distracted.

This strengthens my argument - tossing a frag in a hatch = killing humans not tanks. A frag on tracks.. doubt it would do anything at all. In close combat, the units DID have AT weapons such as Molotov cocktails or AT grenades. Most US and British infantry were completely useless against tanks. German units carried the PzFaust so they were effective.. Anyway, this is all theory :P

ParaGod #42 Posted Aug 28 2011 - 18:47

Sergeant

• Players
  • 3479 battles
If they added infantry, they would have to remake the graphics engine, plus with the added detail, alot of players would not be able to play due to the increase video card demands.  No sir I do not like it.  I do like the idea of adding infantry just for background visuals, but that goes back to my first sentence.  So either way it is not practical.

UnMoveingTarget #43 Posted Aug 29 2011 - 15:46

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 3072 battles
[quote name='Polishpaul' timestamp='1314547742' post='856930']
This strengthens my argument - tossing a frag in a hatch = killing humans not tanks. A frag on tracks.. doubt it would do anything at all. In close combat, the units DID have AT weapons such as Molotov cocktails or AT grenades. Most US and British infantry were completely useless against tanks. German units carried the PzFaust so they were effective.. Anyway, this is all theory :P

---
in close combat battle of the bulge us rifle teams could damage or destroy german tanks up close though the chance for killing it was verry low hell even doing any serious damage was low.

also tossing a grenade down the hatch could set off the ammunition besides just killing the crew hell even if it only killed the crew the only ones left alive might be the driver and radio man depending on the tanks layout, if it killes all of them the tank is dead,i think that can happen in wot if the crew are all kileld the tank is done.

Polishpaul #44 Posted Aug 29 2011 - 15:56

Sergeant

• Players
  • 13162 battles
  • [REPUB] REPUB
Source: http://en.wikipedia....ti-tank_warfare

Grenades

Regular fragmentation grenades were ineffective against tanks, so many kinds of anti-tank grenades were developed. [...]

From all the history books i've ever read and shows I watched, i've never come across a situation where a grenade would set off ammo. Usually the pressure of a grenade explosion would be enough to knock out/kill all the crew - at lest put them out of action. I think the idea of modeling a grenade-into-a-hatch in a war game is synonymous to me being able to kill someone with a toothpick - yes its entirely possible but one of the least likely methods.

In CC2 when the rifle squad was taking a tank it was either a light-skinned tank where bullets penetrated OR they had SOME KIND of AT weapons. Once that weapon was used, their AT effectiveness was 0. If you look at the soldier's load-out you could see they usually had 1 AT weapon of some sort. I'm not 100% sure but i remember it that way very vividly :)

We're splitting hairs here and neither of us has real-life experience in this matter. We only have books/shows/games to go on and i think historic material is more accurate than games (often you'd have to put in balance to make a game playable). I mean heck... nothing was more annoying than playing a game like Battlefield 1942 to have your Tiger tank taken out by infantry tossing frags at you (again, game balance).

UnMoveingTarget #45 Posted Aug 30 2011 - 02:45

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 3072 battles

View PostPolishpaul, on Aug 29 2011 - 15:56, said:

Source: http://en.wikipedia....ti-tank_warfare

From all the history books i've ever read and shows I watched, i've never come across a situation where a grenade would set off ammo. Usually the pressure of a grenade explosion would be enough to knock out/kill all the crew - at lest put them out of action. I think the idea of modeling a grenade-into-a-hatch in a war game is synonymous to me being able to kill someone with a toothpick - yes its entirely possible but one of the least likely methods.

In CC2 when the rifle squad was taking a tank it was either a light-skinned tank where bullets penetrated OR they had SOME KIND of AT weapons. Once that weapon was used, their AT effectiveness was 0. If you look at the soldier's load-out you could see they usually had 1 AT weapon of some sort. I'm not 100% sure but i remember it that way very vividly :)

We're splitting hairs here and neither of us has real-life experience in this matter. We only have books/shows/games to go on and i think historic material is more accurate than games (often you'd have to put in balance to make a game playable). I mean heck... nothing was more annoying than playing a game like Battlefield 1942 to have your Tiger tank taken out by infantry tossing frags at you (again, game balance).

true, i always preferd to use engiener inf (when i had them)on tanks ether they had satchel charges or a flamethrower or both, still there where dedicated hand throwen or placed at weapons like this one http://www.lonesentr...itank-mine.html

Polishpaul #46 Posted Aug 30 2011 - 03:46

Sergeant

• Players
  • 13162 battles
  • [REPUB] REPUB
All this talk makes me wanna play CC2 & 3 again... :D

ret0102 #47 Posted Aug 30 2011 - 19:32

Corporal

• Players
  • 8144 battles
If this is what you guys actually want, just wait around for Battlefield 3, 64 players combines, along with Jets/plans/tanks/infantry/....just all around crazy setup...can't wait myself. Link included.http://www.youtube.c...34381420&kw=bf2

It seriously couldn't get any better than this.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users