Matchmaking

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

sig11 #1 Posted Jul 19 2011 - 20:13

Private

• Players
  • 3291 battles
  • [RGNBD] RGNBD
Given the other topics I found are locked (including the discussion), I figure I'd start a new one, and hope I don't get in too much trouble.

To the point: matchmaking is complete trash. Being a developer myself, perhaps I expect more, but the following seems like a pretty poor explanation:
"The exact battle tier is chosen on a random basis. E.g. 7. Then match-making system begins processing the waiting queue, and chooses the tanks that can participate in tier 7 battles (7th column) and makes up 2 teams from them."

Besides how vague this is, and how much it makes me cringe, either the match-making system is buggy, or the above is simply untrue. Unfortunately, I didn't take a screenshot, as I hadn't looked in to how match-making is supposed to work at the time; however, I did watch an Object 704 (Tier 9 USSR Tank Destroyer) 1 shot everything in a battle. I was in a PzKpfw III (Tier 4 German Medium Tank). I'll be sure to get screenshots in the future, but please do something in the mean time. I'd estimate about 60% of my games I get 1-shot by an undetected vehicle 3-5 tiers above me. I guess others have better luck, but I really don't enjoy playing right now.

Ironmonger69 #2 Posted Jul 19 2011 - 20:17

Major

• Players
  • 7146 battles
Post deleted - Just realized where the thread was - New post list strikes again

stickjock #3 Posted Jul 19 2011 - 20:21

Major

• Players
  • 5345 battles
  • [USBOT] USBOT
Now, just going off of the Match Maker chart... the only way your PzKpfw III got matched against a Tier 9 TD was you had to be platoon'd up with someone...

the Highest a Tier 4 Medium would normally see is a Tier 8... still ouch time but still... Tier 4 seem'd to me the worst of the Tiers for MM'ing... typically bottom of the chain... gets better tho'... hang in there...

sig11 #4 Posted Jul 20 2011 - 13:21

Private

• Players
  • 3291 battles
  • [RGNBD] RGNBD
Yes, I didn't think an  Object 704 belonged in that game, and I've never done a platoon match, so I don't know how it happened. However, this is exactly what caused me to start looking in to this.

Tier 5 medium does seem a lot better, although it's still 1 shot'r'us for the most part. I recorded my placements in some games I played yesterday evening, I find the results pretty interesting:

PzKpfw IV Placements
Top 2:    0
Top 5:    5
Mid 5:    9
Lower 5:  1
Bottom 2: 2

T82 Placements
Top 2:    0
Top 5:    0
Mid 5:    0
Lower 5:  2
Bottom 2: 7

The T82 Placement felt a lot like the PzKpfw III (although I didn't record this). I realize this isn't a large sample base, but it strikes me really strange that it "randomly" never got in the top or even middle of the placement. I sold the T82, for the T40, and it has been better from game 1 (got middle of the pack). Anyway, I just wanted to bring these discrepancies up, and express my displeasure with a system that randomly picks a number then starts making up teams (so... it's completely unbalanced?); in hopes that this will be improved upon, and the game will be better for all.

Cheers.

LehrCommander #5 Posted Jul 22 2011 - 00:40

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 5285 battles
I can give a suggestion about the T82's placement, but don't take my word for it. When I had it, I tended to use it like a scout tank with a big gun. It worked a lot better than trying to just sit there and blow people away with my Derp cannons. Most people will try to ram you because they can't take you seriously, then derp their main gun and keep running.

Charlex #6 Posted Jul 24 2011 - 22:05

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles
  • [TLGS] TLGS

View Poststickjock, on Jul 19 2011 - 20:21, said:

Now, just going off of the Match Maker chart... the only way your PzKpfw III got matched against a Tier 9 TD was you had to be platoon'd up with someone...

the Highest a Tier 4 Medium would normally see is a Tier 8...
still ouch time but still... Tier 4 seem'd to me the worst of the Tiers for MM'ing... typically bottom of the chain... gets better tho'... hang in there...

No:

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users