Can't move..

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11 replies to this topic

AMO #1 Posted Jul 19 2011 - 21:37

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 25562 battles
At the start of a match all I can move is my turret, I can't fire or do anything else. I have to exit the game and then restart it and go back to the match, then it's fine after that. This happens at least once a day and sometimes two or three times..I have been playing since beta and Its happened off and on, but now it's like every day. I did download and reinstall the game but that did not fix the problem. Anyone have a fix for this? Thanks.

Crobahm #2 Posted Jul 19 2011 - 21:48

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 19486 battles
  • [-_-] -_-
Sounds like it could be a problem on your side. Are you using any special keyboard/mouse/programs

Have you tried playing it on a different computer? or at least with a different keyboard/mouse?

Are your drivers (if any) updated for your keyboard/mouse?

xGear #3 Posted Jul 19 2011 - 21:52

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 4403 battles
Check your controls, maybe everything got cleared somehow :o

_ccr_ #4 Posted Jul 19 2011 - 22:09

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 24772 battles
Had a similar issue, not at start of match, so may be different issue.
Tracks spinning but no vehicle movement, but nothing else.
If I waited a min or so, disconnect from server would pop up.

My issue was win7 put the nic, into hybird sleep mode.
Control panel>Power options>advanced. Then scroll down to sleep modes & uncheck the Hybird Sleep mode.
Its really only needed for laptops.

Worth a try anyway.

AMO #5 Posted Jul 20 2011 - 02:52

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 25562 battles
I have already checked all the power options. Checked the mouse and the keyboard drivers, they are up to date. I have not changed keyboards with anybody, though, will try.
I can move my turret but can't fire, which is all controlled by the mouse. So, the mouse is partially working and the keyboard is partially working, and find it hard to believe it is both at the same time, but they are both USB.  Don't have these problems in any other games, which is weird.

All the controls are same as they always have been, have not done any modifications or keybindings that are not the standard since install.

Plus 1 for anybody trying to help and thank you.

_ccr_ #6 Posted Jul 20 2011 - 21:42

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 24772 battles
Only thing I can think of:
Do you have a standard keyboard & mouse or special gaming board & mouse?

If standard type, all I can offer is to start a problem ticket w/ support.

If the gaming type, driver issue with game possibly? Check for new drivers.

Either way, start a problem ticket & when you do get it resolved, be sure to come back and post about it, may help others.

AMO #7 Posted Jul 21 2011 - 06:50

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 25562 battles
I have a standard keyboard and mouse, and I got stuck twice tonight...:Smile-izmena:   I'm going to put in a ticket and see what they say, and I will let you know how it turns out. ;)

_ccr_ #8 Posted Jul 21 2011 - 17:14

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 24772 battles
Here is one more for you.

I'm not positive your losing connection, but seems like it.

Win7 enables wifi miniport adaptor by default. You can disable it if your not using wifi. (wireless internet)
It has caused some issues on various machines.

Read up here:

http://social.techne...ee-48411425f5c3

& here is how to stop it.

http://social.techne...54-f94c7913c14d

I used this method (see link above)
Type in or copy/paste this to "run" then press enter.

netsh wlan stop hostednetwork  

Next type in or copy/paste this this to "run", then press enter.

netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=disallow

*Doing this in this order, stops running the miniport and then stops it from restarting by default.

*This worked on a friends 4 yr old box, when I upgraded it to Win7 from vista. They had connection loss problem,
specifically " DNS server not responding " error message when running the connection trouble shooter, after a lost connection.

Edit:
thinking it over, probably not your issue, as you can reconnect right away. However, this may help someone else experiencing strange random lost connection issues.
Most likely to happen to people after an "upgrade" to Win7, rather than a new box already 100% tested to be win7 compatible.  

AMO #9 Posted Jul 21 2011 - 22:35

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 25562 battles
I am hard wired, don't have any wireless capabilities.  I am not getting DC'ed because I can see the other tanks, I can read and write in chat, so that is not the problem.  I am thinking it might be my keyboard, I still have not tried another one, have to find one first. But, this is the only time it happens.
Thanks again everybody.

_ccr_ #10 Posted Jul 22 2011 - 17:25

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 24772 battles

View PostAMO, on Jul 21 2011 - 22:35, said:

I am hard wired, don't have any wireless capabilities.  I am not getting DC'ed because I can see the other tanks, I can read and write in chat, so that is not the problem.  I am thinking it might be my keyboard, I still have not tried another one, have to find one first. But, this is the only time it happens.
Thanks again everybody.

Dumb question, but have you checked your keyboard settings in the set up menu?
Maybe reset to default or try different key setup, to see if they work?

AMO #11 Posted Jul 26 2011 - 20:44

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 25562 battles
All Fixed now.  Bought a new keyboard, and bam! ;)

Thx all.

Ottoplay #12 Posted Jul 31 2011 - 21:34

Sergeant

• Players
  • 19093 battles
There is an occasional problem with the new WoT version and this USB keyboard. It's rare, has happened twice since I returned. First time it corrected itself, second time required quitting WoT and returning to force recognition. Hence, it is a WoT software bug. If you want the lowdown on my PC, consider that best PC on the market 2 months ago.

This is interesting: the last time I reported it (Posted Jul 31 2011 - 13:34), I have not seen it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users