SUCCESS!: Bring the Aufklärungspanzer Panther back as a premium.

• Please log in to reply
216 replies to this topic

Poll: Aufklärungspanzer Panther as a premium (222 members have cast votes)

Would you want it as a premium?

1. Yes (165 votes [74.32%])

Percentage of vote: 74.32%

2. No (42 votes [18.92%])

Percentage of vote: 18.92%

3. Undecided (15 votes [6.76%])

Percentage of vote: 6.76%

If so which gun should it get?

1. 7,5 cm KwK 41 L/58 Konisch - Normal gun for sniping (143 votes [64.41%])

Percentage of vote: 64.41%

2. 10,5 cm KwK 42 L/28 - Derp Gun (28 votes [12.61%])

Percentage of vote: 12.61%

3. Undecided (51 votes [22.97%])

Percentage of vote: 22.97%

Bacon?

1. Bacon (83 votes [37.39%])

Percentage of vote: 37.39%

2. Awful Panther made of Bacon (139 votes [62.61%])

Percentage of vote: 62.61%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

IronWolfV #41 Posted May 06 2016 - 21:57

Major

• Players
  • 29538 battles

View PostXCER, on May 06 2016 - 08:16, said:

poor you, still learning how to kill WTE-100? its nothing special to kill a WTE-100, put aim circle on hood....click left mouse button....WTE-100 go boom......so easy even your unborn sister can do it....maybe ask your mom to hold your hand when you see a WTE-100, she will make it less scary for you.

Has nothing to do with kiting a wth-100 and more to do with the AWFUL panther was a terrible light tank and a passable medium. It was slow, unwieldly, had horrible camo, and was out dpm'd by any other light tank it faced and sure it could ram other light tanks, but that was a highly situational 1 trick pony move.

It was bad and it should feel bad. The replacement was FAR superior.

Necrophore #42 Posted May 06 2016 - 22:24

Major

• Players
  • 30917 battles
  • [GZRS] GZRS

View Postmongoosejake, on Apr 17 2016 - 11:57, said:

I'll take the 3cm if I can get a 50 shell clip and 120mm of AP pen and 170mm-ish APCR pen at tier 6. Sign me up for that fun filled fantasy ride!

Two 25-shell clips will work for me. :playing:

mongoosejake #43 Posted May 06 2016 - 22:54

Major

• Players
  • 36358 battles
  • [S-F] S-F

View PostNecrophore, on May 06 2016 - 16:24, said:

Two 25-shell clips will work for me. :playing:

Sold! :):justwait:

I'll order one instantly if you throw some weight around and get Wargaming to get their act together and offer that.

_Gungrave_ #44 Posted May 10 2016 - 04:27

Major

• Players
  • 45486 battles
  • [-SRP-] -SRP-
bump

Tolstoiy #45 Posted May 10 2016 - 16:11

Sergeant

• Players
  • 36435 battles

Aufl Panther was great!  Can't believe they took it out...

Forget Premium...should be back in the game where it was instead of that LAME replacement... 

Like there aren't enough autoloaders in the game. 

Aufl was unique...and they put in just another Autoloader to replace it...

Not Wargaming's best decision.

IronWolfV #46 Posted May 10 2016 - 16:15

Major

• Players
  • 29538 battles

View PostTolstoiy, on May 10 2016 - 10:11, said:

Aufl Panther was great!  Can't believe they took it out...

Forget Premium...should be back in the game where it was instead of that LAME replacement... 

Like there aren't enough autoloaders in the game. 

Aufl was unique...and they put in just another Autoloader to replace it...

Not Wargaming's best decision.

Awful was AWFUL. I already stated why it was bad. It wasn't a unique light tank. It was a bad medium with a light tank designation. Plus stock was HORRIBLE. Glad that Piece of crap is gone.

_Gungrave_ #47 Posted May 10 2016 - 22:03

Major

• Players
  • 45486 battles
  • [-SRP-] -SRP-

View PostTalonV, on May 10 2016 - 16:15, said:

Awful was AWFUL. I already stated why it was bad. It wasn't a unique light tank. It was a bad medium with a light tank designation. Plus stock was HORRIBLE. Glad that Piece of crap is gone.

And yet a lot of good players knew how to actually play it properly to do well in it.

The other half of players who liked this tank played it because it was fun just to see people worried about being rammed with a light tank xD. E25 players knew they had to be very careful around a good Awful Panther player.

mongoosejake #48 Posted May 10 2016 - 23:51

Major

• Players
  • 36358 battles
  • [S-F] S-F

View PostTalonV, on May 10 2016 - 10:15, said:

Somehow you thought that you would find consensus with that opinion in a topic specifically dedicated to people that liked the tank and want it to make a return? Hmmm...

The A. Panther wasn't bad, it was different. Different in ways that would make players either enjoy it, or dislike it. That did not make it bad, just unique. As a medium it was quite good with a accurate gun, good mobility, and fair camo. As a light, it was a great anti-scout, due to the gun's very high shell velocity and the fact that it took soo little damage when ram-killing any other light made it lethal. 

You not liking the tank did not make it bad, it just means you did not like it personally. I on the other hand loved it.

Necrophore #49 Posted May 11 2016 - 01:54

Major

• Players
  • 30917 battles
  • [GZRS] GZRS

The thing is that bad tanks shouldn't be taken out of the game. WG could have easily split the line to add the SP next to the Awful, and anyone who wanted to skip the "bad" tank could easily do so. It's not overpowered, it doesn't screw with the matchmaking tables, no one is forced to play it - balance isn't an issue so there was no real need to take it away from the few idiots who wanted to keep it (myself included).

At the very least, I would have expected WG to leave it in just so they could sell a second set of camo skins and crews to the keepers. Tossing it away just eliminates that piece of the money stream (along with the development time that went into the model). :coin:

_Gungrave_ #50 Posted May 11 2016 - 07:48

Major

• Players
  • 45486 battles
  • [-SRP-] -SRP-

View PostNecrophore, on May 11 2016 - 01:54, said:

The thing is that bad tanks shouldn't be taken out of the game. WG could have easily split the line to add the SP next to the Awful, and anyone who wanted to skip the "bad" tank could easily do so. It's not overpowered, it doesn't screw with the matchmaking tables, no one is forced to play it - balance isn't an issue so there was no real need to take it away from the few idiots who wanted to keep it (myself included).

At the very least, I would have expected WG to leave it in just so they could sell a second set of camo skins and crews to the keepers. Tossing it away just eliminates that piece of the money stream (along with the development time that went into the model). :coin:

I don't think there was a lot of development time for the model since they just slapped a Leopard light tank turret on a Panther 1 hull which both tanks were readily available to take those pieces from in order to Frankenstein a tank like the Awful panther.

IronWolfV #51 Posted May 11 2016 - 11:47

Major

• Players
  • 29538 battles

View Postmongoosejake, on May 10 2016 - 17:51, said:

Somehow you thought that you would find consensus with that opinion in a topic specifically dedicated to people that liked the tank and want it to make a return? Hmmm...

The A. Panther wasn't bad, it was different. Different in ways that would make players either enjoy it, or dislike it. That did not make it bad, just unique. As a medium it was quite good with a accurate gun, good mobility, and fair camo. As a light, it was a great anti-scout, due to the gun's very high shell velocity and the fact that it took soo little damage when ram-killing any other light made it lethal. 

You not liking the tank did not make it bad, it just means you did not like it personally. I on the other hand loved it.

It was a BAD LIGHT TANK. It had horrible camo, bad mobility, and it's gun was horrible vs other tier 7s, especially after the konish got knocked down to the bad waffle gun.

There was not a redeeming quality about it that another light tank could and would do better. Ramming, 1 trick pony at best.  It was a bad light tank, horrible scout and wasn't even that good of a sniper when other tanks could shoot just as accurately and hit even harder.

Bad tank was bad. PERIOD.

mongoosejake #52 Posted May 11 2016 - 23:24

Major

• Players
  • 36358 battles
  • [S-F] S-F

View PostTalonV, on May 11 2016 - 05:47, said:

It was a BAD LIGHT TANK. It had horrible camo, bad mobility, and it's gun was horrible vs other tier 7s, especially after the konish got knocked down to the bad waffle gun.

There was not a redeeming quality about it that another light tank could and would do better. Ramming, 1 trick pony at best.  It was a bad light tank, horrible scout and wasn't even that good of a sniper when other tanks could shoot just as accurately and hit even harder.

Bad tank was bad. PERIOD.

Lol, no.

It was only bad in certain players opinions. Opinions are not facts, but rather individual interpretations of a single occurrence/fact/example. 

You repetitively saying it was bad still does not make it bad. I enjoyed and did well with mine, therefore my opinion sways more towards the side of thinking that it was a fine tank. You're simply going to have to realize that not everyone is going to agree with you, and also that however you personally feel is not concrete fact that everyone is forced to accept.

Some food for thought: I played 81 battles in my A. Panther before it was removed, with a 52% winrate, a kill/death ratio of 1.41 and a damage ratio of 1.10, killing just over 1 enemy tank per battle while dealing just under 1000 damage per game. My experience was pleasant and productive.

See below:

Spoiler

-On the other hand, you only gave the A. Panther 29 games and managed a 38% winrate to go along with a kill/death ratio of 0.21 and a damage ratio of 0.47 and killed a enemy tank about every 5th battle while dealing just over 400 damage per game. That poor experience has soured your opinion of the tank, and has led you to believe it's bad. 

See below:

Spoiler

To sum it up: Our opinions are different, as everyone will have a different view of the same tanks in this game. My opinion is not a absolute fact, and neither is yours. I liked the A. Panther, and you didn't. One of us was productive in it and the other didn't even play it enough to give it a fair chance due to having a bad time in it. That does not make it a great nor terrible tank, simply a unique one that has a playstyle that each player could either enjoy and succeed with, or hate it and fail. Not the tank's fault per say, but certainly would never allow it to become a highly popular tank like the Bulldog has in the same tier.

-We can have different views, but you're not going to try and force your statement and belief about how the A. Panther was a bad tank when even my own experience proved that it could be a successfully played light tank.

IronWolfV #53 Posted May 12 2016 - 00:53

Major

• Players
  • 29538 battles

View Postmongoosejake, on May 11 2016 - 17:24, said:

Lol, no.

It was only bad in certain players opinions. Opinions are not facts, but rather individual interpretations of a single occurrence/fact/example. 

You repetitively saying it was bad still does not make it bad. I enjoyed and did well with mine, therefore my opinion sways more towards the side of thinking that it was a fine tank. You're simply going to have to realize that not everyone is going to agree with you, and also that however you personally feel is not concrete fact that everyone is forced to accept.

Some food for thought: I played 81 battles in my A. Panther before it was removed, with a 52% winrate, a kill/death ratio of 1.41 and a damage ratio of 1.10, killing just over 1 enemy tank per battle while dealing just under 1000 damage per game. My experience was pleasant and productive.

See below:

Spoiler

-On the other hand, you only gave the A. Panther 29 games and managed a 38% winrate to go along with a kill/death ratio of 0.21 and a damage ratio of 0.47 and killed a enemy tank about every 5th battle while dealing just over 400 damage per game. That poor experience has soured your opinion of the tank, and has led you to believe it's bad. 

See below:

Spoiler

To sum it up: Our opinions are different, as everyone will have a different view of the same tanks in this game. My opinion is not a absolute fact, and neither is yours. I liked the A. Panther, and you didn't. One of us was productive in it and the other didn't even play it enough to give it a fair chance due to having a bad time in it. That does not make it a great nor terrible tank, simply a unique one that has a playstyle that each player could either enjoy and succeed with, or hate it and fail. Not the tank's fault per say, but certainly would never allow it to become a highly popular tank like the Bulldog has in the same tier.

-We can have different views, but you're not going to try and force your statement and belief about how the A. Panther was a bad tank when even my own experience proved that it could be a successfully played light tank.

Reason my w/r was so bad, about 15 battles or so completely stock with the 1601 stock turret and 50mm cannon which was terrible.  And upgraded it wasn't much better. too slow, couldn't snipe all that well.  Anything it could do another tank could and would do better. If I wanted a sniper at tier 7 with ramming, I'd play an actual panther with a better gun. For scouting, pick your poison at tier 7.

Awful panther was bad, through and through. Glad you did good with it, but it was a bad tank.

_Gungrave_ #54 Posted May 12 2016 - 01:04

Major

• Players
  • 45486 battles
  • [-SRP-] -SRP-

View PostTalonV, on May 12 2016 - 00:53, said:

Reason my w/r was so bad, about 15 battles or so completely stock with the 1601 stock turret and 50mm cannon which was terrible.  And upgraded it wasn't much better. too slow, couldn't snipe all that well.  Anything it could do another tank could and would do better. If I wanted a sniper at tier 7 with ramming, I'd play an actual panther with a better gun. For scouting, pick your poison at tier 7.

Awful panther was bad, through and through. Glad you did good with it, but it was a bad tank.

The stock Awful Panther was about as unpleasant as playing any of the Czech tanks stock...big slow, no pen/damage and not enough armor xD

Willy_W_Wonka #55 Posted May 12 2016 - 01:15

Major

• Players
  • 47844 battles
  • [_D_] _D_
Cool tank and miss it, was fun ramming things in it.

_Gungrave_ #56 Posted May 14 2016 - 20:59

Major

• Players
  • 45486 battles
  • [-SRP-] -SRP-

View Postyoggraid, on May 12 2016 - 01:15, said:

Cool tank and miss it, was fun ramming things in it.

+1 :great:

_Gungrave_ #57 Posted May 17 2016 - 06:39

Major

• Players
  • 45486 battles
  • [-SRP-] -SRP-
Bump :B

_Gungrave_ #58 Posted May 19 2016 - 11:42

Major

• Players
  • 45486 battles
  • [-SRP-] -SRP-
Bump

_Gungrave_ #59 Posted May 20 2016 - 10:10

Major

• Players
  • 45486 battles
  • [-SRP-] -SRP-
BUmp

minim8greyhound #60 Posted May 20 2016 - 14:49

Major

• Players
  • 15065 battles
  • [_SOC_] _SOC_
Why bring it back as a premium? Just put it back into the game as another addition to the German tech tree! I mean seriously, nothing wrong with having more tanks to unlock.  :amazed: It would be like the Japanther 2 and the Ferdi, two options for one line, depending on your play style.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users