multi-arty games

• Please log in to reply
130 replies to this topic

GiN_nTonic #1 Posted Apr 17 2016 - 22:44

Sergeant

• Players
  • 10250 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

I've been trying to come back and play this game but forgot just how much i hate games dominated by arty.  I've heard rumors WG was going to be fixing this...does anyone know if thats true?

longpanzer #2 Posted Apr 17 2016 - 22:53

Corporal

• Players
  • 23715 battles
  • [GSH] GSH
I heard they are gonna work on it about halfway through this year

Flarvin #3 Posted Apr 17 2016 - 22:55

Major

• Players
  • 54269 battles

View Postlongpanzer, on Apr 17 2016 - 16:53, said:

I heard they are gonna work on it about halfway through this year

I heard that about last year. 

Andrewm55 #4 Posted Apr 17 2016 - 23:06

Captain

• Players
  • 20616 battles
  • [GOBS] GOBS
I heard rumors LAST year that something would be done before 2016, they have yet to do anything.

Crysiiz #5 Posted Apr 17 2016 - 23:13

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 17822 battles
  • [SUX] SUX
Just remove clickers.

Pimp_Blaster_J #6 Posted Apr 17 2016 - 23:28

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 8581 battles
  • [G_F_G] G_F_G
Has anyone else noticed in the past month MM has spawned more games with no arty, and more games with 3+ arty? 

_Rajacenna #7 Posted Apr 17 2016 - 23:29

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 229 battles
  • [L0LI] L0LI

WG will be introducing the Brain-o-matic.

In this device people who are complaining about the game will have nothing more to complain about. With this new technology we will see unicums understand that sitting in the same 5 meter circle all game will get them killed by arty, and you'll start to see more dynamic gameplay as people actually move out of their positions for once. Here is a diagram that I have created (with the help of WGNA) that will show when you plug in the Brain-o-matic.

Spoiler

Note the simple and easy to understand design in the imagery. Knowledge will be able to be shared quickly as to be able to asses a situation. Although we are working on audio right now, the image comes up with "stop sitting in the same 5 meter circle, for 4 minutes at a time". I think we will hit a new level of gaming once the best players (unicums) finally start learning quickly from automatic imagery/audio instead of relying on (underdeveloped) memory skills where they rely on a 2 year old unicum replay 20 patches ago where they saw a good spot and don't know any other spots.

It is a huge step forward in gaming, and even education. We should see this nearing the end of July, roll out tankers!

Edited by _Rajacenna, Apr 17 2016 - 23:31.

Dratt_Dastardly #8 Posted Apr 17 2016 - 23:37

Major

• Players
  • 29005 battles

Arty dominates the game?  Oh yeah, they must if it takes three shots to finally connect a direct hit.  

And oh the way they can one shot you, like a TD hiding in a bush.  Except the TD has about fifty percent to hit you the first time while arty has at best 25% chance.

Plus it can be so hard to move enough so that arty shell, taking 2 to 3 second to land, will miss you.  I have no idea how you can imagine to try and stay out of a TD's line of sight with their longest shell flight time of 1.5 second.

Themutt36 #9 Posted Apr 17 2016 - 23:39

Captain

• Players
  • 20461 battles

Now I am far from being a unicom, but I only get 1-shot by arty once every 100-200 games.  Arty might finish me off like 1-3 times in 50 games.  That means the other 40 times I get knocked out its by a med, heavy, light or TD.  

I must be doing something wrong...

Whistling_Death_ #10 Posted Apr 17 2016 - 23:54

Major

• -Players-
  • 64224 battles
  • [13-AD] 13-AD

View PostJlNN, on Apr 17 2016 - 16:44, said:

I've been trying to come back and play this game but forgot just how much i hate games dominated by arty.  I've heard rumors WG was going to be fixing this...does anyone know if thats true?

Don't worry, artillery has been so extremely nerf-hammered into the ground it doesn't dominate anything anymore. If and when it's even further nerf-hammered, thousands upon thousands of artillery players will be quitting the game, joining the untold numbers that have already quit, with Wargaming taking a huge hit to their finances.  The game is now completely out of balance, i.e. the role of light scouting tanks is now greatly diminished and heavy tanks rule the battlefields.  Boring.

Edited by Whistling_Death_, Apr 18 2016 - 03:05.

TheLightKnight #11 Posted Apr 18 2016 - 00:18

Captain

• -Players-
  • 19002 battles
  • [X-COM] X-COM

View Post_Rajacenna, on Apr 17 2016 - 22:29, said:

WG will be introducing the Brain-o-matic.

In this device people who are complaining about the game will have nothing more to complain about. With this new technology we will see unicums understand that sitting in the same 5 meter circle all game will get them killed by arty, and you'll start to see more dynamic gameplay as people actually move out of their positions for once. Here is a diagram that I have created (with the help of WGNA) that will show when you plug in the Brain-o-matic.

Note the simple and easy to understand design in the imagery. Knowledge will be able to be shared quickly as to be able to asses a situation. Although we are working on audio right now, the image comes up with "stop sitting in the same 5 meter circle, for 4 minutes at a time". I think we will hit a new level of gaming once the best players (unicums) finally start learning quickly from automatic imagery/audio instead of relying on (underdeveloped) memory skills where they rely on a 2 year old unicum replay 20 patches ago where they saw a good spot and don't know any other spots.

It is a huge step forward in gaming, and even education. We should see this nearing the end of July, roll out tankers!

:mellow: Are you serious?  Dude, the purples most times seem to be the only ones moving most of the time, the only ones finding unique positions.  The difference between the purples and the pubs is the ability to react to situations and reposition.  Here's a video for an example.  

Relevant to guy I quoted: 

Relevant to OP:

_Rajacenna #12 Posted Apr 18 2016 - 00:26

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 229 battles
  • [L0LI] L0LI

View PostTheLightKnight, on Apr 18 2016 - 00:18, said:

:mellow: Are you serious?  Dude, the purples most times seem to be the only ones moving most of the time, the only ones finding unique positions.  The difference between the purples and the pubs is the ability to react to situations and reposition.  Here's a video for an example.  

Relevant to guy I quoted: 

Note, most players who are truly good (4k dpg+, nothing less in tierXs, and 4k damage in some 9s) know how to reposition, blindfire, know very slim angles, know enemy reloads, know most every corner of the map, etc. Unicums are those who copy these truly good players (the super unicums/damage-****es). However even some of these fail to recognize when arty is looking at a corner that is frequently used and probably pre-aimed at you. The best of the best who pay attention to arty are the best players in the game, they are always extremely useful anywhere. I only get hit by arty once every 50 matches or so and have unicum stats. But, one major difference between me and trash unicums is that I know every single angle, every single position, I know when to move out, I know and have played arty enough to know when I'm in danger. However my playstyle, which is extrmely defensive helps me win against arty, I am good at offensive too, but I do not usually risk getting hit by arty untill I have blind fired it or it's counterbatteried, or it's a map where I won't get hit in certain spots.

I merely play around arty when I know of risks, it's like not rushing the open when there's a 183 not spotted the entire match and your team is cleaning up. Or avoiding middle prokhorovka when you're at 30% health in your medium and they still have LTs running circles in the middle, they'll just suicide you.

Edited by _Rajacenna, Apr 18 2016 - 00:30.

TheLightKnight #13 Posted Apr 18 2016 - 01:28

Captain

• -Players-
  • 19002 battles
  • [X-COM] X-COM

View Post_Rajacenna, on Apr 17 2016 - 23:26, said:

Note, most players who are truly good (4k dpg+, nothing less in tierXs, and 4k damage in some 9s) know how to reposition, blindfire, know very slim angles, know enemy reloads, know most every corner of the map, etc. Unicums are those who copy these truly good players (the super unicums/damage-****es). However even some of these fail to recognize when arty is looking at a corner that is frequently used and probably pre-aimed at you. The best of the best who pay attention to arty are the best players in the game, they are always extremely useful anywhere. I only get hit by arty once every 50 matches or so and have unicum stats. But, one major difference between me and trash unicums is that I know every single angle, every single position, I know when to move out, I know and have played arty enough to know when I'm in danger. However my playstyle, which is extrmely defensive helps me win against arty, I am good at offensive too, but I do not usually risk getting hit by arty untill I have blind fired it or it's counterbatteried, or it's a map where I won't get hit in certain spots.

I merely play around arty when I know of risks, it's like not rushing the open when there's a 183 not spotted the entire match and your team is cleaning up. Or avoiding middle prokhorovka when you're at 30% health in your medium and they still have LTs running circles in the middle, they'll just suicide you.

You mentioned prokhorovka.  I've played arty enough to know that if there is more than one arty, there is literally no arty cover on that map.  The three options on that map are either getting rekt by td's and lights on the 1 line, or pushing through the middle, or the hill.  However, artillery shuts down all of those.  There isn't a touch of arty cover anywhere.  Even the best players who have top-notch arty avoidance skills know that arty is a bad mechanic.  There is no constantly effective method to avoiding artillery like you seem to infer.  Regardless of what you say, artillery as a class is bad for the game.  It allows bad players to compete against good players and it also limits the ability of a good player because the RNG is unreliable.  WG admits this and is planning to fix it.  In the meantime all we can do when someone complains is nod our head and agree.  

_Rajacenna #14 Posted Apr 18 2016 - 01:38

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 229 battles
  • [L0LI] L0LI

View PostTheLightKnight, on Apr 18 2016 - 01:28, said:

You mentioned prokhorovka.  I've played arty enough to know that if there is more than one arty, there is literally no arty cover on that map.  The three options on that map are either getting rekt by td's and lights on the 1 line, or pushing through the middle, or the hill.  However, artillery shuts down all of those.  There isn't a touch of arty cover anywhere.  Even the best players who have top-notch arty avoidance skills know that arty is a bad mechanic.  There is no constantly effective method to avoiding artillery like you seem to infer.  Regardless of what you say, artillery as a class is bad for the game.  It allows bad players to compete against good players and it also limits the ability of a good player because the RNG is unreliable.  WG admits this and is planning to fix it.  In the meantime all we can do when someone complains is nod our head and agree.  

I never sit in one spot for more than 3 shots, I back away, move to A7 snipe enemy heavies/mediums that are poking, go back to mid and camo snipe the hill, then move over to the 3 line and spot some TDs and shoot them, then move away. I've never gotten hit by arty on prok.

In a heavy however, your play options are more limited and often end up having to go east side of the rails or sniping from on top of the tracks. Or you can blindfire the arty (I;ve done this many times succesfully).

peter_s_price #15 Posted Apr 18 2016 - 01:43

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 17498 battles
  • [PFJ] PFJ

I honestly dont mind the Arty situation. Its part of the game and you live with it. Sure I get wasted by them frequently but that has more to do with my bad play than the arty mechanic. I know if I stay still in one place too often I am likely to get targetted but does it stop me from doing it? often but in the heat of battle sometime you forget. and then pay the penalty.

It aint that broken, they aint that accurate

peter_s_price #16 Posted Apr 18 2016 - 01:45

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 17498 battles
  • [PFJ] PFJ

View Post_Rajacenna, on Apr 18 2016 - 00:38, said:

I never sit in one spot for more than 3 shots, I back away, move to A7 snipe enemy heavies/mediums that are poking, go back to mid and camo snipe the hill, then move over to the 3 line and spot some TDs and shoot them, then move away. I've never gotten hit by arty on prok.

In a heavy however, your play options are more limited and often end up having to go east side of the rails or sniping from on top of the tracks. Or you can blindfire the arty (I;ve done this many times succesfully).

Aw does it mess up the stats of de poor ickle Unicums - never mind change their nappies and give them a new bottle of milk and they will stop crying - maybe!

TheLightKnight #17 Posted Apr 18 2016 - 03:14

Captain

• -Players-
  • 19002 battles
  • [X-COM] X-COM

View Post_Rajacenna, on Apr 18 2016 - 00:38, said:

156 games.  :harp:  Alt account ik, but still.  Even you must admit that you cannot hide from artillery on all of the maps all of the time.  A class that does not have counter play is broken.  

View Postpeter_s_price, on Apr 18 2016 - 00:45, said:

Aw does it mess up the stats of de poor ickle Unicums - never mind change their nappies and give them a new bottle of milk and they will stop crying - maybe!

:facepalm: Sure some of the purples are seriously butthurt.  Most of them however are good enough at the game to know a bad game mechanic when they see it.  

Dratt_Dastardly #18 Posted Apr 18 2016 - 04:33

Major

• Players
  • 29005 battles
Arty would have more troubles if there was not so many shooting corridors.  After all, light tanks are the number one predator.  Most maps are not light tank friendly.  The ones that are arty friendly are unfavorable for light tanks.

Willy_W_Wonka #19 Posted Apr 18 2016 - 04:39

Major

• Players
  • 47528 battles
  • [_D_] _D_

Block Quote

– Rebalance of artillery will come for sure. Info on this will come in May-June. Artillery will be acting more like a support class;

Block Quote

Viktor Kislyi says:

“Our best people are now working on the artillery rebalance, including comrade Murazor. I myself returned and am leading the development of tanks. Rebalance means – every tank has to be looked at, its’ statistics, feedback. Artillery has to obtain new qualities, stop being annoying (I myself suffer from it). Experiments are being conducted.
Soon we’ll start testing it. And there, again massively collect information. If the playerbase reacts widely positive, we’ll push this to the client. Currently, tuning of settings is underway.

Block Quote

– The most important upcoming fixes in WoT are the matchmaker, artillery, tank rebalance and same gameplay mechanisms, game performance, multi-core mechanism and vegetation quality

GiN_nTonic #20 Posted Apr 18 2016 - 06:10

Sergeant

• Players
  • 10250 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-
Who said anything about being worried 1-shot kill?  I am not even fully against arty, but having 3 arty in a match is too much.  Id love to see 1 arty max.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users