Jump to content


multi-arty games


  • Please log in to reply
130 replies to this topic

Whistling_Death_ #101 Posted Apr 19 2016 - 21:38

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 64938 battles
  • 2,708
  • [13-AD] 13-AD
  • Member since:
    11-09-2014

View PostVonBrown, on Apr 19 2016 - 15:34, said:

 

You were outnumbered 3-1 by tanks two tiers higher than you and you died. Working as intended.

 

 

 

Which is unbalanced, unfair, not fun, boring.  If every game were like that, untold numbers of people would be fleeing this game in droves.

N00BSAIB0T #102 Posted Apr 19 2016 - 21:38

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 60710 battles
  • 4,886
  • [-G-] -G-
  • Member since:
    01-14-2011

View PostWhistling_Death_, on Apr 19 2016 - 12:29, said:

Nah, it's a counter-balance for heavy tanks, especially when they make unwise decisions.

 

These days it's just unwise to ready up in a heavy tank or TD (any kind of super heavy). I've switched it up to mediums only. I refuse to be some tomato's hit point pinata.

Whistling_Death_ #103 Posted Apr 19 2016 - 21:39

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 64938 battles
  • 2,708
  • [13-AD] 13-AD
  • Member since:
    11-09-2014

View PostVonBrown, on Apr 19 2016 - 15:37, said:

 

Not worried about it. I would pay for a no arty option as it is now. The lack of a [edited]mode will attract a lot of new players as well to a game where skill can actually mean something and not be randomly marginalized by some herpderp camper at the back of the map.

 

WoT will never take off as an e-sport with a broken lolbomb from the sky mechanic still in game. How can it even be taken seriously until it is removed.

 

No it wont. It will destroy the game and Wargaming is well aware of this, which is why they have staunchly refused to remove artillery, not matter how much the anti-artillery crowd screams, moans, cries, belly-aches, whines and complains. :)

Whistling_Death_ #104 Posted Apr 19 2016 - 21:40

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 64938 battles
  • 2,708
  • [13-AD] 13-AD
  • Member since:
    11-09-2014

View PostN00BSAIB0T, on Apr 19 2016 - 15:38, said:

 

These days it's just unwise to ready up in a heavy tank or TD (any kind of super heavy). I've switched it up to mediums only. I refuse to be some tomato's hit point pinata.

 

Oh don't be so scared!  lol  :)  Avoiding being hit by artillery is easy.

N00BSAIB0T #105 Posted Apr 19 2016 - 21:40

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 60710 battles
  • 4,886
  • [-G-] -G-
  • Member since:
    01-14-2011

View PostWhistling_Death_, on Apr 19 2016 - 12:36, said:

Many tanks have been nerfed since the game has been released. That's nothing new.  Many tanks have even been removed from the game. Again, nothing new.

 

I have a lot of fun in dodging enemy artillery when I'm in my tanks, because I know that artillery player is pounding the keyboard and uttering expletives!  lol It's a total blast! :)

 

If it ain't broke, don't fix it! :)

 

Except that artillery, as a class, has received the most nerfs and is going back to the drawing board to be redesigned so it's less of a nuisance to regular tanks. Your attempts to downplay its failure aren't working. No other class as a whole has received the hate and nerfs as much as artillery.

VonBrown #106 Posted Apr 19 2016 - 21:42

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 18358 battles
  • 967
  • [SKW] SKW
  • Member since:
    06-04-2011

View PostWhistling_Death_, on Apr 19 2016 - 14:37, said:

 

Oh not at all my friend.  I don't fail.  :)

 

 

Yes, statistically you do. I am not a good player and I make you look like a stroke victim eating wet noodles with chop sticks.



Whistling_Death_ #107 Posted Apr 19 2016 - 21:42

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 64938 battles
  • 2,708
  • [13-AD] 13-AD
  • Member since:
    11-09-2014

View PostN00BSAIB0T, on Apr 19 2016 - 15:40, said:

 

Except that artillery, as a class, has received the most nerfs and is going back to the drawing board to be redesigned so it's less of a nuisance to regular tanks. Your attempts to downplay its failure aren't working. No other class as a whole has received the hate and nerfs as much as artillery.

 

Which has totally destroyed it and made it virtually unplayable.

 

If you want an easy, one-dimensional game, this isn't it.

 

If Wargamging further destroys artillery, they will destroy the game, as untold numbers of people will quit this game, as thousands of artillery players already have.

 

Not wise.



N00BSAIB0T #108 Posted Apr 19 2016 - 21:42

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 60710 battles
  • 4,886
  • [-G-] -G-
  • Member since:
    01-14-2011

View PostWhistling_Death_, on Apr 19 2016 - 12:40, said:

Oh don't be so scared!  lol  :)  Avoiding being hit by artillery is easy.

 

It is now. Mediums are half the size and can move very fast in a lateral position to artillery, forcing artillery to traverse their guns and bloom their aiming circles. Can't do that in heavies as good.

Whistling_Death_ #109 Posted Apr 19 2016 - 21:43

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 64938 battles
  • 2,708
  • [13-AD] 13-AD
  • Member since:
    11-09-2014

View PostVonBrown, on Apr 19 2016 - 15:42, said:

 

 

Yes, statistically you do. I am not a good player and I make you look like a stroke victim eating wet noodles with chop sticks.

 

Nope, not so.  I really appreciate your kind, caring, warm, friendly and respectful comment though!  Thank you sooo much!  :)

N00BSAIB0T #110 Posted Apr 19 2016 - 21:44

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 60710 battles
  • 4,886
  • [-G-] -G-
  • Member since:
    01-14-2011

View PostWhistling_Death_, on Apr 19 2016 - 12:42, said:

Which has totally destroyed it and made it virtually unplayable.

 

Good.

 

View PostWhistling_Death_, on Apr 19 2016 - 12:42, said:

If Wargamging further destroys artillery, they will destroy the game, as untold numbers of people will quit this game, as thousands of artillery players already have.

 

That's what your side said prior to 8.6. After 8.6, the game was still fine, if not better.



VonBrown #111 Posted Apr 19 2016 - 21:45

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 18358 battles
  • 967
  • [SKW] SKW
  • Member since:
    06-04-2011

View PostWhistling_Death_, on Apr 19 2016 - 14:38, said:

 

Which is unbalanced, unfair, not fun, boring.  If every game were like that, untold numbers of people would be fleeing this game in droves.

 

Or would be if the game began 3 on 1 but it didn't. The other team had to outplay you to get to that point.

 

The idea that arty should serve to balance out a losing team is even more ridiculous than your heavy tank balance claim.


Edited by VonBrown, Apr 19 2016 - 21:46.


Whistling_Death_ #112 Posted Apr 19 2016 - 21:45

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 64938 battles
  • 2,708
  • [13-AD] 13-AD
  • Member since:
    11-09-2014

View PostN00BSAIB0T, on Apr 19 2016 - 15:44, said:

 

Good.

 

 

That's what your side said prior to 8.6. After 8.6, the game was still fine, if not better.

 

Bad, very bad for the game and for Wargaming.  Not it was not better, many quit.

Edited by Whistling_Death_, Apr 19 2016 - 21:45.


Whistling_Death_ #113 Posted Apr 19 2016 - 21:46

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 64938 battles
  • 2,708
  • [13-AD] 13-AD
  • Member since:
    11-09-2014

View PostVonBrown, on Apr 19 2016 - 15:45, said:

 

Or would be if the game began 3 on 1 but it didn't. The other team had to outplay you to get to that point. 

 

 

Sure they did and without artillery, the battle was over very quickly, which was not fun, not balanced, not fair and boring.  If every game were like this?  Oh boy...:amazed:

Edited by Whistling_Death_, Apr 19 2016 - 21:47.


VonBrown #114 Posted Apr 19 2016 - 21:48

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 18358 battles
  • 967
  • [SKW] SKW
  • Member since:
    06-04-2011

View PostWhistling_Death_, on Apr 19 2016 - 14:45, said:

 

Bad, very bad for the game and for Wargaming.  Not it was not better, many quit.

 

 

Many have stopped spending anything on this game until it is fixed. WG is losing all sorts of money now. Sometimes you have to cut out the stupid dead fat (arty players) to make the game better. Small pain, huge gain.



VonBrown #115 Posted Apr 19 2016 - 21:49

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 18358 battles
  • 967
  • [SKW] SKW
  • Member since:
    06-04-2011

View PostWhistling_Death_, on Apr 19 2016 - 14:46, said:

 

Sure they did and without artillery, the battle was over very quickly, which was not fun, not balanced, not fair and boring.  If every game were like this?  Oh boy...:amazed:

 

  Then all the bads would quit. Take the hint yourself.

Whistling_Death_ #116 Posted Apr 19 2016 - 21:50

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 64938 battles
  • 2,708
  • [13-AD] 13-AD
  • Member since:
    11-09-2014

View PostVonBrown, on Apr 19 2016 - 15:48, said:

 

 

Many have stopped spending anything on this game until it is fixed. WG is losing all sorts of money now. Sometimes you have to cut out the stupid dead fat (arty players) to make the game better. Small pain, huge gain.

 

Thousands of artillery players have already quit this game because of the extreme nerf-hammering artillery has been subjected to.  If it becomes even worse, untold hundreds of thousands of artillery players from all over the world will quit. This is huge pain, for no gain.  Thanks for the nice, kind, caring, respectful comment!  Thank you sooo much! :)



Whistling_Death_ #117 Posted Apr 19 2016 - 21:51

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 64938 battles
  • 2,708
  • [13-AD] 13-AD
  • Member since:
    11-09-2014

View PostVonBrown, on Apr 19 2016 - 15:49, said:

 

  Then all the bads would quit. Take the hint yourself.

 

No, all the greats would quit.

 

Thank you for the nice, caring, kind, respectful comment!  Thank you sooo much! :)



VonBrown #118 Posted Apr 19 2016 - 21:52

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 18358 battles
  • 967
  • [SKW] SKW
  • Member since:
    06-04-2011

View PostWhistling_Death_, on Apr 19 2016 - 14:50, said:

 

Thousands of artillery players have already quit this game because of the extreme nerf-hammering artillery has been subjected to.  If it becomes even worse, untold hundreds of thousands of artillery players from all over the world will quit. This is huge pain, for no gain.  Thanks for the nice, kind, caring, respectful comment!  Thank you sooo much! :)

 

Proof or you full of [edited].

 

Your welcome by the way. I figured a general description of arty players would hit the individual nail pretty close to the head.

 

 

 



N00BSAIB0T #119 Posted Apr 19 2016 - 21:53

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 60710 battles
  • 4,886
  • [-G-] -G-
  • Member since:
    01-14-2011

View PostWhistling_Death_, on Apr 19 2016 - 12:45, said:

Bad, very bad for the game and for Wargaming.  Not it was not better, many quit.

 

They said it was the most financially successful patch every. I wonder why that was.

 

Only the artillery players quit, which was great. So many battles with zero artillery and no bombs dropping from the sky.



Whistling_Death_ #120 Posted Apr 19 2016 - 21:53

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 64938 battles
  • 2,708
  • [13-AD] 13-AD
  • Member since:
    11-09-2014

View PostVonBrown, on Apr 19 2016 - 15:52, said:

 

Proof or you full of [edited].

 

Your welcome by the way. I figured a general description of arty players would hit the individual nail pretty close to the head.

 

 

 

 

Thank you so much for such a nice, caring comment!  You're a big plus to the Forum!  Thank you sooo much! :)




4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users