• Please log in to reply
130 replies to this topic

Pimp_Blaster_J #41 Posted Apr 18 2016 - 21:10

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 8581 battles
  • [G_F_G] G_F_G

View PostN00BSAIB0T, on Apr 18 2016 - 09:52, said:

Did you watch the video with them interviewing the Viktor (WG CEO) guy? He mentioned it in there but they've already mentioned it about a dozen times ever since the competition came out with their tank game. It took a worthy competitor to finally motivate WG into fixing artillery but it's happening.

Also, patch 8.6 was the heaviest anti-arty nerf ever applied but the game still did fine financially, if not better.

I have a feeling players like yourself won't be satisfied until arty is completely removed, nerfed or not.

Willy_W_Wonka #42 Posted Apr 18 2016 - 21:16

Major

• Players
  • 47528 battles
  • [_D_] _D_

View PostPimp_Blaster_J, on Apr 18 2016 - 14:10, said:

I have a feeling players like yourself won't be satisfied until arty is completely removed, nerfed or not.

Don't be thick we only just want it to be a proper support class that can't one shot people or miss for a thousand damage ect and not be a crutch for passive players.

N00BSAIB0T #43 Posted Apr 18 2016 - 21:48

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 60027 battles
  • [-G-] -G-

View PostPimp_Blaster_J, on Apr 18 2016 - 12:10, said:

I think in its present form, it's actually effective in organized battles (Clan wars, Skirmishes, etc.). The reason is that an organized team of players can have an unbreakable turtle strategy that can only be countered with the present form of artillery.

In pubs though, it serves only to punish those that don't camp or turtle up. Think about it. Artillery can only drop a bomb on what is: A) Lit, and B) Pushing up. It effectively punishes the wrong group of people. There is already so much disorganization in pubs. The last thing it needs is a mechanic that drops turds everywhere.

View Postyoggraid, on Apr 18 2016 - 12:16, said:

Don't be thick we only just want it to be a proper support class that can't one shot people or miss for a thousand damage ect and not be a crutch for passive players.

Having a crutch for bad players is fine and I fully support WG's desire to have as wide of a player base as possible to enrich themselves financially. It's just that the method they're using is at the expense of game quality.

Pimp_Blaster_J #44 Posted Apr 18 2016 - 22:53

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 8581 battles
  • [G_F_G] G_F_G

View PostN00BSAIB0T, on Apr 18 2016 - 11:48, said:

I think in its present form, it's actually effective in organized battles (Clan wars, Skirmishes, etc.). The reason is that an organized team of players can have an unbreakable turtle strategy that can only be countered with the present form of artillery.

In pubs though, it serves only to punish those that don't camp or turtle up. Think about it. Artillery can only drop a bomb on what is: A) Lit, and B) Pushing up. It effectively punishes the wrong group of people. There is already so much disorganization in pubs. The last thing it needs is a mechanic that drops turds everywhere.

But I don't see that changing with a nerf. Arty must rain on lit players as a functionality so how do you get around that?

Derpocalypse #45 Posted Apr 18 2016 - 23:23

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 5 battles

View PostWhistling_Death_, on Apr 18 2016 - 12:55, said:

A class that can not defend itself from oncoming rushing tanks is broken.

The counter play to artillery is enemy artillery and light scouting tanks.  It's not broken or bad at all.

Why are you so dense?

Edited by Derpocalypse, Apr 18 2016 - 23:23.

stinkybean60 #46 Posted Apr 18 2016 - 23:56

Captain

• Players
  • 43079 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP

View Postlongpanzer, on Apr 17 2016 - 15:53, said:

I heard they are gonna work on it about halfway through this year

Halfway through NEVER

__TOP__ #47 Posted Apr 19 2016 - 02:32

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 54313 battles

_Rajacenna: the image comes up

with an amusing description: "generic_unicum"

"generic" must hurt them ...

Be careful, pls.

:)

Torgamous #48 Posted Apr 19 2016 - 10:41

Sergeant

• Players
  • 34764 battles
  • [TF] TF

View Postyoggraid, on Apr 18 2016 - 04:39, said:

What do they think arty is now???  When 1 side only has 1-3 arty left, you only have at best a 25% chance of winning against a single opponent.   Arty cannot hold its own now.  Been on enough tomato teams lately while trying to play arty to know that it is ALREADY at best a support class.  They nerf it any more, and it will only be a game of who have unicums and the most heavy tanks on their team...

I remember when arty WAS OP, like about patch 7.5.  15 second reloads, 5 second aim times. Artys getting 5-6 kills was not uncommon.  Hardly ever happens now.  WG< you beat it down enough, leave it alone before you break the power circle...

Heavies kill TDs, who kill mediums, who kill lights, who kill arty, who kill heavies...  That is how the game is "supposed" to work.  Complaining about arty is just pointless, and will do more harm than good.

PlaidPony #49 Posted Apr 19 2016 - 12:59

Major

• Players
  • 9430 battles

View PostTorgamous, on Apr 19 2016 - 09:41, said:

What do they think arty is now???  When 1 side only has 1-3 arty left, you only have at best a 25% chance of winning against a single opponent.   Arty cannot hold its own now.  Been on enough tomato teams lately while trying to play arty to know that it is ALREADY at best a support class.  They nerf it any more, and it will only be a game of who have unicums and the most heavy tanks on their team...

I remember when arty WAS OP, like about patch 7.5.  15 second reloads, 5 second aim times. Artys getting 5-6 kills was not uncommon.  Hardly ever happens now.  WG< you beat it down enough, leave it alone before you break the power circle...

Heavies kill TDs, who kill mediums, who kill lights, who kill arty, who kill heavies...  That is how the game is "supposed" to work.  Complaining about arty is just pointless, and will do more harm than good.

... why the hell should artillery be able to hold its own? Isn't it a good sign for your game when the most skilled players generally win? Your "power circle" makes absolutely no sense, since when are TDs supposed to kill mediums? Since when are heavies supposed to kill TDs? I'm not even going to touch the fact that rock-paper-scissors is an absolutely horrible way to balance a game that is purportedly based on skill, but seeing as you seem to dislike the presence of skilled players in your matches, I have a feeling you'd like to change that as well.

N00BSAIB0T #50 Posted Apr 19 2016 - 16:54

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 60027 battles
  • [-G-] -G-

View PostPimp_Blaster_J, on Apr 18 2016 - 13:53, said:

But I don't see that changing with a nerf. Arty must rain on lit players as a functionality so how do you get around that?

Neither do I. It's a flawed mechanic out of the box that's had four or five nerfs applied to it since release to no avail. The developers screwed up.

The nerf after 9.15 will likely introduce new artillery features while taking away the massive alpha damage that it does. I remember vaguely that they mentioned nerfing its alpha damage, which is the biggest complaint against the class. It'll still be terrible, but less terrible than now.

Whistling_Death_ #51 Posted Apr 19 2016 - 17:10

Major

• -Players-
  • 64215 battles
  • [13-AD] 13-AD

View Postyoggraid, on Apr 18 2016 - 15:16, said:

Please speak for yourself.  If artillery is even further extremely nerf-hammered more than it already is, it will become totally unplayable, (as it almost is now), and ruin the game, throwing it completely out of balance, allowing heavy tanks to rule the W.o.T. battlefields.  Then people will be screaming about heavy tanks.

Stop it with the constant whining and complaining already and learn to use effective anti-artillery tactics, i.e. play the game better.  Easy.

Whistling_Death_ #52 Posted Apr 19 2016 - 17:13

Major

• -Players-
  • 64215 battles
  • [13-AD] 13-AD

View PostN00BSAIB0T, on Apr 19 2016 - 10:54, said:

Neither do I. It's a flawed mechanic out of the box that's had four or five nerfs applied to it since release to no avail. The developers screwed up.

The nerf after 9.15 will likely introduce new artillery features while taking away the massive alpha damage that it does. I remember vaguely that they mentioned nerfing its alpha damage, which is the biggest complaint against the class. It'll still be terrible, but less terrible than now.

The developers did not screw up with artillery, only in extremely nerf-hammering it into the ground, virtually destroying it and making it almost totally unplayable, i.e. very poor accuracy, very poor ability to defend itself from onrushing tanks, poor traverse rates, poor acceleration rates, extremely poor real world view ranges, (as in virtually blind), paper thin armor leading to being frequently and commonly one-shot, etc.  If it is nerf-hammered even further, the game will be thrown totally out of balance with heavy tanks ruling the W.o.T. battlefields and hundreds of thousands of artillery players from all over the world quitting the game. Not a good idea.

udfgt_2 #53 Posted Apr 19 2016 - 17:19

Captain

• Players
  • 19039 battles

View PostWhistling_Death_, on Apr 19 2016 - 10:13, said:

The developers did not screw up with artillery, only in extremely nerf-hammering it into the ground, virtually destroying it and making it almost totally unplayable, i.e. very poor accuracy, very poor ability to defend itself from onrushing tanks, poor traverse rates, poor acceleration rates, extremely poor real world view ranges, (as in virtually blind), paper thin armor leading to being frequently and commonly one-shot, etc.  If it is nerf-hammered even further, the game will be thrown totally out of balance with heavy tanks ruling the W.o.T. battlefields and hundreds of thousands of artillery players from all over the world quitting the game. Not a good idea.

I'm curious to see how many more times you will copy and paste the exact same thing over and over in this thread alone, not counting all the other threads you repeat this, all while ignoring what's being said by everyone else that logically disputes what you say. But why should I complain? It's providing good entertainment in class.

Flarvin #54 Posted Apr 19 2016 - 17:46

Major

• Players
  • 54267 battles

View Postudfgt_2, on Apr 19 2016 - 11:19, said:

I'm curious to see how many more times you will copy and paste the exact same thing over and over in this thread alone, not counting all the other threads you repeat this, all while ignoring what's being said by everyone else that logically disputes what you say. But why should I complain? It's providing good entertainment in class.

Arty has been debated countless amount of times. So whatever anyone states, it's basically a cut and paste for what has already been stated hundreds of times before. 

ChatBan_ChatOff #55 Posted Apr 19 2016 - 18:09

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 42496 battles
  • [FYYFF] FYYFF

View PostN00BSAIB0T, on Apr 19 2016 - 15:54, said:

Very true....I hold out hope that it will be a fix, they actually have to play the game not just click the mouse for kills, only to have them kill themselves if the game is lost.

make it a support unit something that can help like light tanks, but not turn the game.  Hopefully the days of arty being in the top half of damage are going to be soon behind us.

Whistling_Death_ #56 Posted Apr 19 2016 - 18:11

Major

• -Players-
  • 64215 battles
  • [13-AD] 13-AD

View Postudfgt_2, on Apr 19 2016 - 11:19, said:

I didn't copy and paste anything. I didn't ignore anything either, (aside from the flamers who immediately are booted to my Ignore list). I will use common sense and facts to refute the anti-artillery crowd 24 hours around the clock if need be. 

Whistling_Death_ #57 Posted Apr 19 2016 - 18:14

Major

• -Players-
  • 64215 battles
  • [13-AD] 13-AD

View PostFPGT72, on Apr 19 2016 - 12:09, said:

Very true....I hold out hope that it will be a fix, they actually have to play the game not just click the mouse for kills, only to have them kill themselves if the game is lost.

make it a support unit something that can help like light tanks, but not turn the game.  Hopefully the days of arty being in the top half of damage are going to be soon behind us.

Artillery is already support.  What game are you playing?

If artillery is nerf-hammered more extremely than it already is, it will destroy the game. Millions of artillery players from all over the world will quit the game.

Artillery players have to play a higher end of the game than tanky players do, who by the way click their mouse far more often and with greater rapidity than artillery players do, who are many times restricted to 10 or less, "clicks", per game.

Artillery is a counter-balance for enemy heavy tanks and if artillery is nerf-hammered more than it even is, then that balance is gone, (as it almost is now in many battles).  This would destroy the game and throw it entirely out of balance.

Not good.

Markd73 #58 Posted Apr 19 2016 - 19:23

Major

• Players
  • 32794 battles

View Postpeter_s_price, on Apr 18 2016 - 00:45, said:

Aw does it mess up the stats of de poor ickle Unicums - never mind change their nappies and give them a new bottle of milk and they will stop crying - maybe!

What an intelligent and well thought out counter argument. Keep up the good work with your fantastic reasoning and cogent counter points.

o7 Peter o7

Abbathor #59 Posted Apr 19 2016 - 19:30

Captain

• Players
  • 16633 battles
  • [FELOW] FELOW

View PostPimp_Blaster_J, on Apr 18 2016 - 15:53, said:

Make it a buff/debuff class. Plenty of MMORPGs have a class almost dedicated solely to buff's/debuff's what would be so wrong about making arty that type of class for WoT. I am one of the most uncreative people alive so me coming up with different types of rounds that can be used in this manner is hard. However some types of things that could be done range from very simple (illuminating areas of the map and concealing other areas of the map) to a bit more complex (negatively impacting the effectiveness of crew on the enemy team in an area to making the crews of your allies slightly better.) As long as arty stays a damage dealing class though it will lead to one side or the other feeling cheated.

Tedster_ #60 Posted Apr 19 2016 - 19:35

Major

• Players
  • 41453 battles
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU

View PostWhistling_Death_, on Apr 18 2016 - 07:55, said:

A class that can not defend itself from oncoming rushing tanks is broken.

The counter play to artillery is enemy artillery and light scouting tanks.  It's not broken or bad at all.

I do just fine against tanks rushing me, not sure what difficulty you must be having :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users