Jump to content


multi-arty games


  • Please log in to reply
130 replies to this topic

Flarvin #61 Posted Apr 19 2016 - 19:36

    Major

  • Players
  • 56227 battles
  • 18,379
  • Member since:
    03-29-2013

View PostMarkd73, on Apr 19 2016 - 13:23, said:

 

What an intelligent and well thought out counter argument. Keep up the good work with your fantastic reasoning and cogent counter points.

 

o7 Peter o7

 

You must be new to arty threads. That is quite common in them. Because pretty much any well reasoned and cogent counter points have been stated over and over so many times, that many have given up on them and go right to troll-like posts. 

 

Add in the fact that both side on this issue have become so fanatical that it is like arguing religion now.



DiePanzerGeist #62 Posted Apr 19 2016 - 19:38

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 7211 battles
  • 5,494
  • [DHO6] DHO6
  • Member since:
    04-28-2014
You know its bad when another arty player is telling you that you're wrong. :popcorn:

Tedster_ #63 Posted Apr 19 2016 - 19:41

    Major

  • Players
  • 43719 battles
  • 4,477
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU
  • Member since:
    09-25-2011

View PostDiePanzerGeist, on Apr 19 2016 - 14:38, said:

You know its bad when another arty player is telling you that you're wrong. :popcorn:

 

yeah, I tend to do that a lot.  It's amusing for a class that is so easy to play, people are so bad at it.

DiePanzerGeist #64 Posted Apr 19 2016 - 19:49

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 7211 battles
  • 5,494
  • [DHO6] DHO6
  • Member since:
    04-28-2014

View PostTedster_, on Apr 19 2016 - 13:41, said:

 

yeah, I tend to do that a lot.  It's amusing for a class that is so easy to play, people are so bad at it.

 

...funny thing is hes having the same argument in another thread and other Arty peers are telling him hes wrong there too. :teethhappy:

Edited by DiePanzerGeist, Apr 19 2016 - 19:59.


Whistling_Death_ #65 Posted Apr 19 2016 - 19:58

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 69200 battles
  • 3,531
  • [13-AD] 13-AD
  • Member since:
    11-09-2014

View PostTedster_, on Apr 19 2016 - 13:35, said:

 

I do just fine against tanks rushing me, not sure what difficulty you must be having :)

 

Oh, I see. You're obviously a massively superior player than I am.  That must be it!  See, the thing is with the SPG's I use, they only have one round in the gun to defend themselves with and after that round is fired, my SPG's are totally helpless because of the ridiculously long reload times.  I must be using the wrong SPG's I guess. Which ones are you using that can reload so quickly that they can easily take on one or more charging enemy tanks and easily defend themselves?

Whistling_Death_ #66 Posted Apr 19 2016 - 20:00

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 69200 battles
  • 3,531
  • [13-AD] 13-AD
  • Member since:
    11-09-2014

View PostTedster_, on Apr 19 2016 - 13:41, said:

 

yeah, I tend to do that a lot.  It's amusing for a class that is so easy to play, people are so bad at it.

 

It's easy to play?  Really?  How so?  Aren't tankies even easier to play with the very fast rate of fire, clickity, clickity, click, lightning-like reload times, fast acceleration, heavy armor, very accurate guns, etc. Gosh, it sure seems so much easier than artillery! :)

Tedster_ #67 Posted Apr 19 2016 - 20:01

    Major

  • Players
  • 43719 battles
  • 4,477
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU
  • Member since:
    09-25-2011

Funny, I consider the only autoloading SPG in the game to be one of the worst and barely play mine.  I find a single round is usually enough for most targets.

 



Whistling_Death_ #68 Posted Apr 19 2016 - 20:01

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 69200 battles
  • 3,531
  • [13-AD] 13-AD
  • Member since:
    11-09-2014

View PostDiePanzerGeist, on Apr 19 2016 - 13:49, said:

 

...funny thing is hes having the same argument in another thread and other Arty peers are telling him hes wrong there too. :teethhappy:

 

Funny thing is, that's not true.  Thank you for the kind, decent and respectful comment. It's much appreciated!  :) 

Whistling_Death_ #69 Posted Apr 19 2016 - 20:02

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 69200 battles
  • 3,531
  • [13-AD] 13-AD
  • Member since:
    11-09-2014

View PostTedster_, on Apr 19 2016 - 14:01, said:

Funny, I consider the only autoloading SPG in the game to be one of the worst and barely play mine.  I find a single round is usually enough for most targets.

 

 

Funny, how do you get one round to blow up not just one, but two or more charging enemy tanks?  Inquiring minds would like to know! :)

DiePanzerGeist #70 Posted Apr 19 2016 - 20:11

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 7211 battles
  • 5,494
  • [DHO6] DHO6
  • Member since:
    04-28-2014

View PostWhistling_Death_, on Apr 19 2016 - 14:01, said:

 

Funny thing is, that's not true.  Thank you for the kind, decent and respectful comment. It's much appreciated!  :) 

 

Really...the other thread titled with the words "Avoid arty by staying arty safe they said..." is calling you a liar, and no I'm not going to cross link threads.:honoring:

Edited by DiePanzerGeist, Apr 19 2016 - 20:12.


Whistling_Death_ #71 Posted Apr 19 2016 - 20:15

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 69200 battles
  • 3,531
  • [13-AD] 13-AD
  • Member since:
    11-09-2014

View PostDiePanzerGeist, on Apr 19 2016 - 14:11, said:

 

Really...the other thread titled with the words "Avoid arty by staying arty safe they said..." is calling you a liar, and no I'm not going to cross link threads.:honoring:

 

Ohhhhhh, you mean the kind, caring, warm, friendly, Forum rule abiding, "friends", I have.  I see now!  lol :D  They say all sorts of incorrect things about me, which is why they are on my Ignore list.  I never see their comments anymore.  Glad to clear that up for you! :)

 

Thank you for the kind, decent and respectful comment. It's much appreciated!  :)



DiePanzerGeist #72 Posted Apr 19 2016 - 20:25

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 7211 battles
  • 5,494
  • [DHO6] DHO6
  • Member since:
    04-28-2014
Another special snowflake on ignore, better late than never.

Edited by DiePanzerGeist, Apr 19 2016 - 20:25.


Abbathor #73 Posted Apr 19 2016 - 20:27

    Captain

  • Players
  • 16641 battles
  • 1,939
  • [FELOW] FELOW
  • Member since:
    07-23-2013

View PostDiePanzerGeist, on Apr 19 2016 - 13:25, said:

Another special snowflake on ignore, better late than never.

 

Same, I am just flat out sick of seeing his posts. Welcome to the illustrious list that has a grand total of one other person on it.

N00BSAIB0T #74 Posted Apr 19 2016 - 20:31

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 66252 battles
  • 4,853
  • [-G-] -G-
  • Member since:
    01-14-2011

View PostWhistling_Death_, on Apr 19 2016 - 08:13, said:

The developers did not screw up with artillery, only in extremely nerf-hammering it into the ground, virtually destroying it and making it almost totally unplayable, i.e. very poor accuracy, very poor ability to defend itself from onrushing tanks, poor traverse rates, poor acceleration rates, extremely poor real world view ranges, (as in virtually blind), paper thin armor leading to being frequently and commonly one-shot, etc.  If it is nerf-hammered even further, the game will be thrown totally out of balance with heavy tanks ruling the W.o.T. battlefields and hundreds of thousands of artillery players from all over the world quitting the game. Not a good idea.

 

It's been nerfed, and will continue to be nerfed, for one very important reason: Tanks shouldn't be randomly nuked from the sky in an arcade game where tanks need to fight tanks. It's as simple as that. Fortunately we have non-arty battles to prove how fun the game is without artillery. No one complains about its absence. And why would they? How is it fun to get randomly bombed when you're trying to play? Why should we accept being randomly blown up from the sky?

 

And no, heavies/TDs won't dominate without artillery. Not as long as gold rounds for credits exist.

 

 



Whistling_Death_ #75 Posted Apr 19 2016 - 20:42

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 69200 battles
  • 3,531
  • [13-AD] 13-AD
  • Member since:
    11-09-2014

View PostN00BSAIB0T, on Apr 19 2016 - 14:31, said:

 

It's been nerfed, and will continue to be nerfed, for one very important reason: Tanks shouldn't be randomly nuked from the sky in an arcade game where tanks need to fight tanks. It's as simple as that. Fortunately we have non-arty battles to prove how fun the game is without artillery. No one complains about its absence. And why would they? How is it fun to get randomly bombed when you're trying to play? Why should we accept being randomly blown up from the sky?

 

And no, heavies/TDs won't dominate without artillery. Not as long as gold rounds for credits exist.

 

 

 

 

It's not random at all. It's when tank drivers do something unwise and they get hit and deservedly so, just like with any other enemy tank they are battling.  It's a part of the game and has been for many years.

 

If artillery is nerf-hammered even more than it has been so extremely, hundreds of thousands if not millions of players will quit this game and Wargaming will lose a ton of money. Not a wise move. 

 

I have been in battles where I had no team artillery and as a result, when the enemy team got up on heavy tanks, my team was obliterated. Not everyone spams Premium rounds or can afford to do so.

 

Artillery is the counter-balance to heavy tanks and removing it would destroy the game.


Edited by Whistling_Death_, Apr 19 2016 - 20:42.


VonBrown #76 Posted Apr 19 2016 - 20:55

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 18358 battles
  • 964
  • [SKW] SKW
  • Member since:
    06-04-2011

View PostThemutt36, on Apr 17 2016 - 16:39, said:

Now I am far from being a unicom, but I only get 1-shot by arty once every 100-200 games.  Arty might finish me off like 1-3 times in 50 games.  That means the other 40 times I get knocked out its by a med, heavy, light or TD.

 

I must be doing something wrong...

 

You are, but keep playing and eventually when you get decent and other tanks and td's are easier to kill and less lethal to you, arty will finish you a much greater percentage of the time.

 



VonBrown #77 Posted Apr 19 2016 - 20:58

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 18358 battles
  • 964
  • [SKW] SKW
  • Member since:
    06-04-2011

View PostWhistling_Death_, on Apr 19 2016 - 13:42, said:

 

 

It's not random at all. It's when tank drivers do something unwise and they get hit and deservedly so, just like with any other enemy tank they are battling.  It's a part of the game and has been for many years.

 

If artillery is nerf-hammered even more than it has been so extremely, hundreds of thousands if not millions of players will quit this game and Wargaming will lose a ton of money. Not a wise move.

 

I have been in battles where I had no team artillery and as a result, when the enemy team got up on heavy tanks, my team was obliterated. Not everyone spams Premium rounds or can afford to do so.

 

Artillery is the counter-balance to heavy tanks and removing it would destroy the game.

 

No other tanks and td's are the counter to other tanks and td's. If you don't understand that then you don't understand WoT. If you can't fathom a way that mediums and lights can shred slower moving tanks once the map opens up from the hand of god, then you have no hope other than to lose argument after argument on the forums. You are so far back of reality you think your first.

 

No arty matches happen all the time and the game play is better and more interesting than everyone hiding behind a rock.


Edited by VonBrown, Apr 19 2016 - 20:59.


Whistling_Death_ #78 Posted Apr 19 2016 - 20:59

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 69200 battles
  • 3,531
  • [13-AD] 13-AD
  • Member since:
    11-09-2014

View PostVonBrown, on Apr 19 2016 - 14:55, said:

 

You are, but keep playing and eventually when you get decent and other tanks and td's are easier to kill and less lethal to you, arty will finish you a much greater percentage of the time.

 

 

Only if easy to learn and use anti-artillery tactics are not used. :)

Whistling_Death_ #79 Posted Apr 19 2016 - 21:02

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 69200 battles
  • 3,531
  • [13-AD] 13-AD
  • Member since:
    11-09-2014

View PostVonBrown, on Apr 19 2016 - 14:58, said:

 

No other tanks and td's are the counter to other tanks and td's. If you don't understand that then you don't understand WoT. If you can't fathom a way that mediums and lights can shred slower moving tanks once the map opens up from the hand of god, then you have no hope other than to lose argument after argument on the forums. You are so far back of reality you think your first. 

 

 

 

Not when those other tanks and T.D.'s are not capable of taking out those heavy tanks, that artillery could, or those other tanks have already been knocked out.  That's when the team artillery can save the day! :)

 

Again, a tier VI T-34-85 Rudy medium tank by itself has about as much chance as a snowball in hell of taking out two tier VIII IS-3's and a tier VIII IS-6.  Without team artillery to spot for, it was hopeless.  Not exciting.  Boring.  Not fair.  Not balanced.



VonBrown #80 Posted Apr 19 2016 - 21:03

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 18358 battles
  • 964
  • [SKW] SKW
  • Member since:
    06-04-2011

View PostWhistling_Death_, on Apr 19 2016 - 13:59, said:

 

Only if easy to learn and use anti-artillery tactics are not used. :)

 

 

your "tactics" are subjective to the placement of the arty. In one game a spot behind a rock is safe in the next it is unsafe. But you will claim the player should have done the other thing no matter what you do. There is essentially no way to play the game safe from it. Hence it is a broken mechanic for losers to cheat with. No anyone like that?






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users