• Please log in to reply
130 replies to this topic

Whistling_Death_ #81 Posted Apr 19 2016 - 21:05

Major

• -Players-
  • 64228 battles
  • [13-AD] 13-AD

View PostVonBrown, on Apr 19 2016 - 15:03, said:

your "tactics" are subjective to the placement of the arty. In one game a spot behind a rock is safe in the next it is unsafe. But you will claim the player should have done the other thing no matter what you do. There is essentially no way to play the game safe from it. Hence it is a broken mechanic for losers to cheat with. No anyone like that?

There is no, "arty safe", location an any map, just as there is no tanky-safe location either.  There is no way to play the game and be tanky-safe either. That doesn't exist for any class of tank.  Being arty-safe is not a location, it's the tactics that can be used, are easy to employ and it's a ton of fun making the enemy artillery miss your tank! :)

Edited by Whistling_Death_, Apr 19 2016 - 21:07.

VonBrown #82 Posted Apr 19 2016 - 21:06

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 18358 battles
  • [SKW] SKW

View PostWhistling_Death_, on Apr 19 2016 - 14:02, said:

Not when those other tanks and T.D.'s are not capable of taking out those heavy tanks, that artillery could, or those other tanks have already been knocked out.  That's when the team artillery can save the day! :)

Again, a tier VI T-34-85 Rudy medium tank by itself has about as much chance as a snowball in hell of taking out two tier VIII IS-3's and a tier VIII IS-6.  Without team artillery to spot for, it was hopeless.  Not exciting.  Boring.  Not fair.  Not balanced.

A tier 6 medium shouldn't be king over tier 6 heavies because they have the hand of god on their side. No one in their right mind would agree with that pants on head retardation. Why bother to grind up tank lines when a free tier 2 premium is all you need to spot those 8,9,10's and get them derped from the sky.

VonBrown #83 Posted Apr 19 2016 - 21:07

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 18358 battles
  • [SKW] SKW

View PostWhistling_Death_, on Apr 19 2016 - 14:05, said:

There is no, "arty safe", location an any map, just as there is no tanky-safe location either.  Being arty-safe is not a location, it's the tactics that can be used, are easy to employ and it's a ton of fun making the enemy artillery miss your tank! :)

So the fun in game comes from dodging (trying to anyway) arty, not fighting other tanks. 100 million people have it wrong folks. Some terribad just clarified the game is about spotting for arty.

Whistling_Death_ #84 Posted Apr 19 2016 - 21:09

Major

• -Players-
  • 64228 battles
  • [13-AD] 13-AD

View PostVonBrown, on Apr 19 2016 - 15:06, said:

A tier 6 medium shouldn't be king over tier 6 heavies because they have the hand of god on their side. No one in their right mind would agree with that pants on head retardation. Why bother to grind up tank lines when a free tier 2 premium is all you need to spot those 8,9,10's and get them derped from the sky.

Artillery is not, "The hand of God". It is a weapon that has been in this game for many years. 

Again, artillery is the counter-balance for heavy tanks. Without it, the game would be totally out of balance and heavy tanks would rule the battlefields, with people then screaming about heavy tanks. The circle never ends.

Using artillery, it's not like you can just press a button on your keyboard and instantly wipe out an enemy tank. Not at all. Let's not exaggerate please.

Whistling_Death_ #85 Posted Apr 19 2016 - 21:10

Major

• -Players-
  • 64228 battles
  • [13-AD] 13-AD

View PostVonBrown, on Apr 19 2016 - 15:07, said:

So the fun in game comes from dodging (trying to anyway) arty, not fighting other tanks. 100 million people have it wrong folks. Some terribad just clarified the game is about spotting for arty.

The fun comes from learning how to dodge all tanks, not just one type.

Thank you for your kind, caring, friendly and respectful comment!  It's very much appreciated! :)

N00BSAIB0T #86 Posted Apr 19 2016 - 21:21

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 60035 battles
  • [-G-] -G-

View PostWhistling_Death_, on Apr 19 2016 - 11:42, said:

It's not random at all. It's when tank drivers do something unwise and they get hit and deservedly so, just like with any other enemy tank they are battling.  It's a part of the game and has been for many years.

If artillery is nerf-hammered even more than it has been so extremely, hundreds of thousands if not millions of players will quit this game and Wargaming will lose a ton of money. Not a wise move. 

I have been in battles where I had no team artillery and as a result, when the enemy team got up on heavy tanks, my team was obliterated. Not everyone spams Premium rounds or can afford to do so.

Artillery is the counter-balance to heavy tanks and removing it would destroy the game.

You keep assuming that we sit still in the open or move in predictable patterns. If this was the only reason people kept getting killed by artillery, then we could dismiss them all as campers and not need to nerf artillery.

But that isn't the case. The problem is that there are key areas on the map where you need to go, push up, and fight in order to win. That's where artillery focuses. Regardless of not sitting still and not being predictable, you will get bombed there anyways. All the while the un-lit campers go unpunished. Again, why should you get nuked for pushing up and choosing to contest an area of the map?

And it doesn't matter if they got up on heavy tanks, mediums tanks, or TDs. If they got up on tanks, you will more than likely lose regardless.

Sorry but seems like WG is moving ahead with rebalancing it after 9.15. If patch 8.6 was any indication, then the game will be fine after another artillery nerf.

VonBrown #87 Posted Apr 19 2016 - 21:23

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 18358 battles
  • [SKW] SKW

View PostWhistling_Death_, on Apr 19 2016 - 14:10, said:

Thank you for your kind, caring, friendly and respectful comment!  It's very much appreciated! :)

Lol in this world arty is the sledgehammer in a game of paper/rock/scissors. It's completely borked and a crutch for stupid players.

kreddy_ #88 Posted Apr 19 2016 - 21:25

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 408 battles
  • [GWAII] GWAII

View PostWhistling_Death_, on Apr 18 2016 - 07:55, said:

A class that can not defend itself from oncoming rushing tanks is broken.

The counter play to artillery is enemy artillery and light scouting tanks.  It's not broken or bad at all.

I do just fine against tanks rushing me, not sure what difficulty you must be having :)

[Mouse over the little "i" inside the circle next to battle count and you will be enlightened]

N00BSAIB0T #89 Posted Apr 19 2016 - 21:27

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 60035 battles
  • [-G-] -G-

View PostWhistling_Death_, on Apr 19 2016 - 12:09, said:

Artillery is not, "The hand of God". It is a weapon that has been in this game for many years. 

Again, artillery is the counter-balance for heavy tanks. Without it, the game would be totally out of balance and heavy tanks would rule the battlefields, with people then screaming about heavy tanks. The circle never ends.

Using artillery, it's not like you can just press a button on your keyboard and instantly wipe out an enemy tank. Not at all. Let's not exaggerate please.

Trying to justify artillery because "it's been in the game for years" is pointless because they've been nerfing it since release. You don't nerf something endlessly if it isn't broken, and then take it back to the drawing board to redesign it from scratch after 5 years of unsuccessfully trying to balance it with nerfs. That's a sign of utter failure.

View PostWhistling_Death_, on Apr 19 2016 - 12:10, said:

There is nothing fun about trying to guess on when you need to dodge a shell from the sky that you have zero warning about. My guess is that WG is going to add some kind of feature to let you know that you're being targeted or that you've been shot at by artillery, similar to the other tank game.

Whistling_Death_ #90 Posted Apr 19 2016 - 21:29

Major

• -Players-
  • 64228 battles
  • [13-AD] 13-AD

You need to understand that refusing to adjust tactics depending on the composition of the enemy team, is usually fatal, whether it be for artillery, heavy tanks, or what have you.  This is why the team rosters are displayed during the countdown for spawning.  Stubbornly refusing to adjust tactics based on the composition of the enemy team might be unwise.

I'm not assuming anything.  With over 9,800 battles with my 37 SPG's, I know what I see most players that get hit by artillery, do or not.  They typically don't use camouflage paint protection or camouflage skill training for the crew, they tend to sit in one spot a lot and don't move around very much and when they do move, they drive in straight, predictable patterns, be it forward or back.  Easy pickings.

Sorry, but if artillery is nerf-hammered even more than it already is, making it unplayable, it will destroy this game as it will become very unbalanced, heavy tanks will rule the battlefields, and hundreds of thousands of artillery players, (if not more), from all around the world will quit the game, myself included.  Not a wise financial move for Wargaming.

VonBrown #91 Posted Apr 19 2016 - 21:29

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 18358 battles
  • [SKW] SKW

View PostWhistling_Death_, on Apr 19 2016 - 14:09, said:

Any tank driven by a decent player balances out any other class of tank, no SPG needed, at all, by anyone who has taken the time to learn to play.

Whistling_Death_ #92 Posted Apr 19 2016 - 21:29

Major

• -Players-
  • 64228 battles
  • [13-AD] 13-AD

View PostVonBrown, on Apr 19 2016 - 15:23, said:

Lol in this world arty is the sledgehammer in a game of paper/rock/scissors. It's completely borked and a crutch for stupid players.

Nah, it's a counter-balance for heavy tanks, especially when they make unwise decisions. :)

VonBrown #93 Posted Apr 19 2016 - 21:31

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 18358 battles
  • [SKW] SKW

View PostWhistling_Death_, on Apr 19 2016 - 14:29, said:

You need to understand that refusing to adjust tactics depending on the composition of the enemy team, is usually fatal, whether it be for artillery, heavy tanks, or what have you.  This is why the team rosters are displayed during the countdown for spawning.  Stubbornly refusing to adjust tactics based on the composition of the enemy team might be unwise.

I'm not assuming anything.  With over 9,800 battles with my 37 SPG's, I know what I see most players that get hit by artillery, do or not.  They typically don't use camouflage paint protection or camouflage skill training for the crew, they tend to sit in one spot a lot and don't move around very much and when they do move, they drive in straight, predictable patterns, be it forward or back.  Easy pickings.

Sorry, but if artillery is nerf-hammered even more than it already is, making it unplayable, it will destroy this game as it will become very unbalanced, heavy tanks will rule the battlefields, and hundreds of thousands of artillery players, (if not more), from all around the world will quit the game, myself included.  Not a wise financial move for Wargaming.

Can't wait for that day. Their absence will raise the average IQ of players in game immensely. With 100 million subs, what's a few hundred thousand?

Whistling_Death_ #94 Posted Apr 19 2016 - 21:32

Major

• -Players-
  • 64228 battles
  • [13-AD] 13-AD

View PostVonBrown, on Apr 19 2016 - 15:29, said:

Any tank driven by a decent player balances out any other class of tank, no SPG needed, at all, by anyone who has taken the time to learn to play.

No, that's not so.

In a battle without any team artillery, my tier VI T-34-85 Rudy medium tank was the last tank remaining in a battle I had and I was up against two tier VIII IS-3's and one tier IS-6 heavy tanks.  I did not stand a snowballs chance in hell. If I had team artillery, I could have spotted for them and at least had a chance of winning.  But without team artillery, it was unbalanced, unfair, boring.  No chance. Not fun.

Whistling_Death_ #95 Posted Apr 19 2016 - 21:33

Major

• -Players-
  • 64228 battles
  • [13-AD] 13-AD

View PostVonBrown, on Apr 19 2016 - 15:31, said:

Can't wait for that day. Their absence will raise the average IQ of players in game immensely. With 100 million subs, what's a few hundred thousand?

Have fun when the battle wait times go through the roof due to low server population and W.o.T. eventually going out of business.  Very sad.

VonBrown #96 Posted Apr 19 2016 - 21:33

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 18358 battles
  • [SKW] SKW

View PostWhistling_Death_, on Apr 19 2016 - 14:29, said:

Nah, it's a counter-balance for heavy tanks, especially when they make unwise decisions. :)

Your belief in this is why you fail.

VonBrown #97 Posted Apr 19 2016 - 21:34

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 18358 battles
  • [SKW] SKW

View PostWhistling_Death_, on Apr 19 2016 - 14:32, said:

No, that's not so.

In a battle without any team artillery, my tier VI T-34-85 Rudy medium tank was the last tank remaining in a battle I had and I was up against two tier VIII IS-3's and one tier IS-6 heavy tanks.  I did not stand a snowballs chance in hell. If I had team artillery, I could have spotted for them and at least had a chance of winning.  But without team artillery, it was unbalanced, unfair, boring.  No chance. Not fun.

You were outnumbered 3-1 by tanks two tiers higher than you and you died. Working as intended.

Whistling_Death_ #98 Posted Apr 19 2016 - 21:36

Major

• -Players-
  • 64228 battles
  • [13-AD] 13-AD

View PostN00BSAIB0T, on Apr 19 2016 - 15:27, said:

Trying to justify artillery because "it's been in the game for years" is pointless because they've been nerfing it since release. You don't nerf something endlessly if it isn't broken, and then take it back to the drawing board to redesign it from scratch after 5 years of unsuccessfully trying to balance it with nerfs. That's a sign of utter failure.

There is nothing fun about trying to guess on when you need to dodge a shell from the sky that you have zero warning about. My guess is that WG is going to add some kind of feature to let you know that you're being targeted or that you've been shot at by artillery, similar to the other tank game.

Many tanks have been nerfed since the game has been released. That's nothing new.  Many tanks have even been removed from the game. Again, nothing new.

I have a lot of fun in dodging enemy artillery when I'm in my tanks, because I know that artillery player is pounding the keyboard and uttering expletives!  lol It's a total blast! :)

If it ain't broke, don't fix it! :)

VonBrown #99 Posted Apr 19 2016 - 21:37

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 18358 battles
  • [SKW] SKW

View PostWhistling_Death_, on Apr 19 2016 - 14:33, said:

Have fun when the battle wait times go through the roof due to low server population and W.o.T. eventually going out of business.  Very sad.

Not worried about it. I would pay for a no arty option as it is now. The lack of a [edited]mode will attract a lot of new players as well to a game where skill can actually mean something and not be randomly marginalized by some herpderp camper at the back of the map.

WoT will never take off as an e-sport with a broken lolbomb from the sky mechanic still in game. How can it even be taken seriously until it is removed.

Whistling_Death_ #100 Posted Apr 19 2016 - 21:37

Major

• -Players-
  • 64228 battles
  • [13-AD] 13-AD

View PostVonBrown, on Apr 19 2016 - 15:33, said:

Your belief in this is why you fail.

Oh not at all my friend.  I don't fail.  :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users