• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

ClydeCooper421 #21 Posted Apr 19 2016 - 18:02

Major

• -Players-
  • 13572 battles
  • [LOAF] LOAF

View PostSavage281, on Apr 19 2016 - 18:00, said:

The problem with those two lines is that they don't culminate in the Bat Chat lol

lol. 

Roggg2 #22 Posted Apr 19 2016 - 18:08

Captain

• -Players-
  • 20519 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY
12t is a good passive scout. but not great active.  The gun depression is horrible, and that's the biggest thing you'll probably struggle with.  The clip is nice (you can clip a T-37 if you dont bounce), but the gun handling is awful, and the tank turns like it's running through tar.  The American line is FAR easier to get the hang of light tank play IMO.

trashkiller #23 Posted Apr 19 2016 - 19:57

Corporal

• Players
  • 19037 battles

Want to earn silver?  Don't use repair kit or gold in 1375, as much as you want to, or sometimes need to.  Otherwise, the tank will bleed you.  And by the time you're getting shot, you're probably not going to be able to carry a battle in it anyway. 

Carry?  Oh right, with only 36 shells?  

You're not carrying. 

There's a video review of the 1375 playing tiers 4, 5, 6, and I re-watched it a few times to make me laugh.  It will cheer you up too, having now entered "abandon all hope, all ye who enter battle".  You're going to fight tier 9's and 10's, unless you're "special".  You'll get a tier 8 fight now and again to remind you it just doesn't matter.  Become accustomed to zero pen battles.  You'll be comforted only by seeing 12t's, knowing, there's no advice you can give them, and have complete empathy for the player everytime you see a Type-64.

The first rule of 1375 club is, if a tank can drive 72mph and has a gun launcher, be very map aware because you are its prey.  The T49 can smell you like a pizza down the hall.  Out-run it?  Let me know how that works out.  Even if you can unload your pitiful rounds into its gas tank while making sacrifices to the RNG Jesus, setting him on fire and then ammo racking him, you're still going to be . . a one-shot.

That said, there are some unlikely tanks that 1375 can call prey, who in turn, will be justified in ramming you, and very aggressively when you fail.  In fact, judging from their behavior, all tanks will take pleasure in ramming you, especially the ones who can push you across the map just for sheer the joy of it. 

The 1375 is in the game to kill arty.  Fulfill your destiny!  However, you won't be able to spot arty under camo until you're less than 25m away from it, and by that time, facing a cannon that could launch you into orbit while counting down your pitiful rounds as they don't pen, you'll be asking yourself, again, "Did I over-extend?"

There are some maps the 1375 can work as a light tank, mostly not, and hopefully, your team will be far enough forward they can actually hit the targets you're lighting for them, but don't count on it.  Mostly, they'll still be camping across the map, watching you try to take on a waffle, and you'll be asking yourself, "Did I over-extend, again?"

1375 is a tough tank to play, but I managed an Ace in it. 

As Alloy said, the bloom on the 1390 is absurd.  Where some of my shots went without being fully aimed, I have no idea.  Waiting for the reticle to fully close, you'll go make a sandwich, look up correct spelling of words, come back 20 minutes later, and then . . !@#$

Good luck.

http://wotreplays.co...iller/id/571853

Savage281 #24 Posted Apr 19 2016 - 20:06

Captain

• Players
  • 10799 battles

I feel like I'm doing pretty well in the 12t so far. I'm running some passive scout techniques but mostly playing an opportunistic type of role. While two tanks are brawling, I roll in behind and dump 700 damage into his rear to help my guy out, that sort of stuff. I even already got an Orliks medal (first time).

Spoiler

Guido1212 #25 Posted Apr 19 2016 - 22:37

Community Contributor

• Players
  • 78529 battles
  • [CARTL] CARTL

Light Tank Tactics here.

That is some general info, I'm happy to review some of your games if you want.  Send me a link to a wot replay file and I'll take a look.

alexanderme #26 Posted Apr 19 2016 - 22:45

Major

• Players
  • 22831 battles

All light tanks you will get you will 99% of the time want to get 6th sense and camo as your first crew skill, then after that usually BIA.

The ELC is the best scout/td in the game.

The 12t is decent, ok clip but moves really slow for a light tank.

The 13 75 is just bad, it is outclassed in pen, alpha, speed, etc, etc by every other tier 7 light tank. It is the worst tier 7 light in the game by a sizable margin.

The 13 90 is incredibly over-hyped, as it has a 3 second aim time for a 90mm. This is just pathetic. The 13 90 also has bad acceleration, awful turning, the worst gun bloom outside of the T49, and a clip reload that makes you useless for 1/2 the game. a 2,73 shell reload for 240 damage isn't great either, as an RU251 can do almost the same clip burst using HE without needing to reload a clip. The 13 90 can't hit ANYTHING at range, and has a hard time circling anything since it turns so slowly.

The lorr 40t is pretty much the worst tier 9 medium. Arty always shoots you, always hits you, and always pens you. The aim time, though buffed recently, is atrocious, the accuracy is a typical french baguette shooter (inaccurate as anything) the pen is less than stellar, the camo is non-existent, the clip reload is bad, the shell reload is bad, and the alpha is bad. It is one of the most situation & team dependent tanks and that is a death sentence in this game.

The batchat is 10/10 worth it. You are stealthy, fast, and have the pen & alpha to make people regret meeting you, unlike all of the previous tanks in this line.

Savage281 #27 Posted Apr 20 2016 - 10:32

Captain

• Players
  • 10799 battles

View PostGuido1212, on Apr 19 2016 - 22:37, said:

Light Tank Tactics here.

That is some general info, I'm happy to review some of your games if you want.  Send me a link to a wot replay file and I'll take a look.

That was a very useful post, thanks! Lots of good information. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users