Jump to content


Didn't shoot the griefer in the last match


  • Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

schwert_2015 #1 Posted Apr 19 2016 - 05:27

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 28647 battles
  • 1,739
  • Member since:
    01-21-2015
Didn't report him either, as I'm sure that's a futile gesture unless your Jingles or QuickyBaby.

SchnitzelTruck #2 Posted Apr 19 2016 - 05:28

    Major

  • Players
  • 43498 battles
  • 7,939
  • Member since:
    03-14-2013
Nice blog

schwert_2015 #3 Posted Apr 19 2016 - 05:32

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 28647 battles
  • 1,739
  • Member since:
    01-21-2015

View PostSchnitzelTruck, on Apr 18 2016 - 20:28, said:

Nice blog

 

Hey thanks, I put a lot of careful thought into this thread.. It's nice to get praise like this from someone who's posts I often admire. :)

schwert_2015 #4 Posted Apr 19 2016 - 05:39

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 28647 battles
  • 1,739
  • Member since:
    01-21-2015
Seriously though, it does annoy me to know that BOTs and griefers are never going to be punished. At least when you could send them an email and a link to a replay you felt like something might be done, at least, I did anyway. But does anyone really believe that this automated system really does anything? If it did, you wouldn't see BOTs and griefers any more.

Edited by schwert_2015, Apr 19 2016 - 05:42.


MeKanism #5 Posted Apr 19 2016 - 05:45

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 2288 battles
  • 610
  • Member since:
    09-25-2015
*slow clapping* real sport right here

ket101 #6 Posted Apr 19 2016 - 06:03

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 18441 battles
  • 9,330
  • [N-O-M] N-O-M
  • Member since:
    01-10-2011

View Postschwert_2015, on Apr 19 2016 - 14:39, said:

Seriously though, it does annoy me to know that BOTs and griefers are never going to be punished. At least when you could send them an email and a link to a replay you felt like something might be done, at least, I did anyway. But does anyone really believe that this automated system really does anything? If it did, you wouldn't see BOTs and griefers any more.

 

You'll always get bots and griefers, regardless of what protections are put in place.  Why you get bots and griefers, that is another question.  But if you don't use the tools available to you, even if their efficacy is questionable or arguable, you're certainly never going to get rid of them, or minimise their effect, at all.

schwert_2015 #7 Posted Apr 19 2016 - 06:11

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 28647 battles
  • 1,739
  • Member since:
    01-21-2015

View Postket101, on Apr 18 2016 - 21:03, said:

 

You'll always get bots and griefers, regardless of what protections are put in place.  Why you get bots and griefers, that is another question.  But if you don't use the tools available to you, even if their efficacy is questionable or arguable, you're certainly never going to get rid of them, or minimise their effect, at all.

 

If they published data about numbers of BOTs and griefers who got banned by the reporting system (don't have to name names, just aggregate numbers), it would encourage people to use those tools, I imagine, once people realize it's not a futile gesture.

darkstar984 #8 Posted Apr 19 2016 - 06:25

    Captain

  • Players
  • 26534 battles
  • 1,000
  • Member since:
    07-27-2012
Considering people were apparently being banned by people abusing the report function on EU, it sounds reasonable to assume the system actually does something when it's used, whether or not it's the best option...

jerry1014 #9 Posted Apr 19 2016 - 08:32

    Captain

  • Players
  • 14338 battles
  • 1,385
  • [CYB3R] CYB3R
  • Member since:
    10-05-2011

View Postschwert_2015, on Apr 18 2016 - 23:39, said:

Seriously though, it does annoy me to know that BOTs and griefers are never going to be punished. At least when you could send them an email and a link to a replay you felt like something might be done, at least, I did anyway. But does anyone really believe that this automated system really does anything? If it did, you wouldn't see BOTs and griefers any more.

 

The point system takes time to kick in, they got to reach a certain point threshold. Grievers would be punished sooner if more players reported them during the same battle, this is the problem. One player reporting them in a battle doesn't do much, but if 5,6,7 players did, it might get somewhere. Most don't care to report unless its them being grieved, typical.

mustangman6579 #10 Posted Apr 19 2016 - 09:08

    Major

  • Players
  • 21448 battles
  • 6,435
  • Member since:
    07-02-2011

View Postschwert_2015, on Apr 18 2016 - 21:32, said:

 

Hey thanks, I put a lot of careful thought into this thread.. It's nice to get praise like this from someone who's posts I often admire. :)

 

You Admire him? I'm sorry. 

TanksR_Epic2 #11 Posted Apr 19 2016 - 11:01

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 10787 battles
  • 1,865
  • Member since:
    12-06-2014

View Postschwert_2015, on Apr 19 2016 - 06:11, said:

 

If they published data about numbers of BOTs and griefers who got banned by the reporting system (don't have to name names, just aggregate numbers), it would encourage people to use those tools, I imagine, once people realize it's not a futile gesture.

 

I'll publish the data here: 0

Bogart1943 #12 Posted Apr 19 2016 - 18:20

    Major

  • Players
  • 31850 battles
  • 2,051
  • [DHO6] DHO6
  • Member since:
    07-05-2013

View Postdarkstar984, on Apr 18 2016 - 21:25, said:

Considering people were apparently being banned by people abusing the report function on EU, it sounds reasonable to assume the system actually does something when it's used, whether or not it's the best option...

 

​Yeah, but we have already seen a big difference between what RU does compared to NA, so there is that...

ratzbane #13 Posted Apr 19 2016 - 18:30

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 12942 battles
  • 660
  • Member since:
    03-20-2011

View Postschwert_2015, on Apr 18 2016 - 23:27, said:

Didn't report him either, as I'm sure that's a futile gesture unless your Jingles or QuickyBaby.

 

You should probably get an in game medal for that...Oh wait.

SchnitzelTruck #14 Posted Apr 20 2016 - 00:41

    Major

  • Players
  • 43498 battles
  • 7,939
  • Member since:
    03-14-2013

View Postmustangman6579, on Apr 19 2016 - 00:08, said:

 

You Admire him? I'm sorry. 

 

Im sorry too :(

schwert_2015 #15 Posted Apr 20 2016 - 02:41

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 28647 battles
  • 1,739
  • Member since:
    01-21-2015

View PostSchnitzelTruck, on Apr 19 2016 - 15:41, said:

 

Im sorry too :(

 

Don't be so hard on yourself, your posts almost-always make me smile. :)

Horribad_At_Tanks #16 Posted Apr 20 2016 - 03:25

    Major

  • Players
  • 2268 battles
  • 6,263
  • Member since:
    11-07-2012

View Postschwert_2015, on Apr 19 2016 - 20:41, said:

 

Don't be so hard on yourself, your posts almost-always make me smile. :)

 

Ironically that's completely not his intentions.

Ray_PhotoGoth #17 Posted Apr 20 2016 - 09:32

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 23428 battles
  • 707
  • Member since:
    05-15-2014
I gotta ask. wthis a "griefer?"




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users