• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

Geroj_Leningrada1944 #1 Posted Apr 19 2016 - 09:12

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 15775 battles

[Content Moderated - Vulgarities]

- 40BelowWGA

Edited by Krasnaya_Armiya_Geroy39, Apr 23 2016 - 14:45.

fallenlamb #2 Posted Apr 19 2016 - 09:16

Sergeant

• Players
  • 19283 battles
  • [SHEET] SHEET

There are two main reasons for this. You won't like either one of them.

1) WoT DOES NOT CARE.

2) "WORKING AS INTENDED"

Geroj_Leningrada1944 #3 Posted Apr 19 2016 - 09:20

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 15775 battles

View Postfallenlamb, on Apr 19 2016 - 09:16, said:

There are two main reasons for this. You won't like either one of them.

1) WoT DOES NOT CARE.

2) "WORKING AS INTENDED"

how can they get away with such blatant disregard for the people that pay them and play the damned game? not like it'll happen any time soon but if they lost players do to this misbehavior on the companies part I doubt they'd own up to it and ignore the fan base anyway. a disgusting display of regard for the gamers to be sure.

ket101 #4 Posted Apr 19 2016 - 09:24

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 18441 battles
  • [N-O-M] N-O-M
The automatic TK system can't tell who did what to whom first, it can't tell what the motivations of the people involved are.  It CAN tell who does damage to someone else in their team.  An SU-122A, I assume, that fires HE and does "some" damage, is rated less on the TK scores than a KV-1 that fires AP and deliberate destroys the other person.  All team damage is punished, one way or another.  And destroying a teammate, regardless of provocation, is grounds for an automatic ban.  If you want the other person to take the penalties and the bans, should there be any, then you don't shoot back.  That's all you need to do: nothing at all.

Geroj_Leningrada1944 #5 Posted Apr 19 2016 - 09:26

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 15775 battles

View Postket101, on Apr 19 2016 - 09:24, said:

The automatic TK system can't tell who did what to whom first, it can't tell what the motivations of the people involved are.  It CAN tell who does damage to someone else in their team.  An SU-122A, I assume, that fires HE and does "some" damage, is rated less on the TK scores than a KV-1 that fires AP and deliberate destroys the other person.  All team damage is punished, one way or another.  And destroying a teammate, regardless of provocation, is grounds for an automatic ban.  If you want the other person to take the penalties and the bans, should there be any, then you don't shoot back.  That's all you need to do: nothing at all.

that's a terrible way to do things. I really hope sometime they get that fixed. they run the risk of losing players if they don't care to penalize the right person and get their TK system fixed. if only they actually listened to their community

venom286 #6 Posted Apr 19 2016 - 09:29

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 40309 battles
well that is na for you they turn a blind eye to the cheating the rigging  and other .makes me sad cause i really like this game and just seems they  are kind throwing this game in the toilet each patch .but there are alot good people in this game just try to ignore all the crap that comes with it .that probably does not help but uh the next time you come across a person like this in the game just make sure you do not shoot them back just use the in game system hopefully they do it enough they will get banned.because usually this is how it ends up the person that did not start it ends up paying .

SunnyKim #7 Posted Apr 19 2016 - 09:41

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 35105 battles

View PostKrasnaya_Armiya_Geroy39, on Apr 19 2016 - 08:26, said:

that's a terrible way to do things. I really hope sometime they get that fixed. they run the risk of losing players if they don't care to penalize the right person and get their TK system fixed. if only they actually listened to their community

seeing how you only have like 1200 games you should just stop while you are ahead.... he damaged you.... you killed him.... not that hard to figure out..... if thats what is making you rage, quit while youre ahead because that is one of the least troublesome things about this game.

Edited by SunnyKim, Apr 19 2016 - 09:42.

BlackwaterXe #8 Posted Apr 19 2016 - 09:43

Major

• Players
  • 24850 battles

If you're a good player, you could probably get away with more team-damage since the TK system tallies a ratio of the amount of team damage to total damage. Thus, for good players who can easily rack up a ton of non-team damage, they can keep their TK ratio low.

Oh, BTW, that you are reporting a 24-hour ban, it seems clear that you are a habitual TK offender. No sympathy here.

Edited by BlackwaterXe, Apr 19 2016 - 09:46.

Geroj_Leningrada1944 #9 Posted Apr 19 2016 - 09:44

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 15775 battles

View PostSunnyKim, on Apr 19 2016 - 09:41, said:

seeing how you only have like 1200 games you should just stop while you are ahead.... he damaged you.... you killed him.... not that hard to figure out..... if thats what is making you rage, quit while youre ahead because that is one of the least troublesome things about this game.

You completely missed my point entirely. I realize there are alot of problems with this game but this is the one I'd like to address at the moment. Honestly if you don't get where I'm coming from and don't understand than there is no point for you to have even looked at my post. 

Edited by Krasnaya_Armiya_Geroy39, Apr 19 2016 - 09:45.

madgiecool #10 Posted Apr 19 2016 - 09:44

Major

• Players
  • 50546 battles
  • [4NZAB] 4NZAB

Lol laugh if you got banned from the forums as well

2.8 Discussing disciplinary actions
This category includes:
1. Creating posts or threads to discuss disciplinary actions taken against a player in game or on the forums
2. Creating posts or threads to discuss moderators or moderator decisions and actions

Geroj_Leningrada1944 #11 Posted Apr 19 2016 - 09:46

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 15775 battles

View Postmadgiecool, on Apr 19 2016 - 09:44, said:

Lol laugh if you got banned from the forums as well

2.8 Discussing disciplinary actions
This category includes:
1. Creating posts or threads to discuss disciplinary actions taken against a player in game or on the forums
2. Creating posts or threads to discuss moderators or moderator decisions and actions

Lol so basically they don't like it when someone says they did wrong or they made a mistake? How can you be a game dev if you can't take criticism 

Geroj_Leningrada1944 #12 Posted Apr 19 2016 - 09:47

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 15775 battles

View PostBlackwaterXe, on Apr 19 2016 - 09:43, said:

If you're a good player, you could probably get away with more team-damage since the TK system tallies a ratio of the amount of team damage to total damage. Thus, for good players who can easily rack up a ton of non-team damage, they can keep their TK ratio low.

Oh, BTW, that you are reporting a 24-hour ban, it seems clear that you are a habitual TK offender. No sympathy here.

Nope just an hour ban.

BlackwaterXe #13 Posted Apr 19 2016 - 09:54

Major

• Players
  • 24850 battles

View PostKrasnaya_Armiya_Geroy39, on Apr 19 2016 - 01:47, said:

Nope just an hour ban.

original post says "got kicked off for a day"

Hour ban is the first level of penalty after the initial non-ban warning of turning blue. If you feel you're in danger of getting TK'd, stay inside your cap circle since the TK system penalizes team damage to people who are still inside their own cap circle more severely than if they left for the front lines. At any rate, the bright line rule is don't shoot teammates unless they turn blue. There is absolutely no justification or self-defense claim that will be accepted by WG. If you shoot a teammate, you get banned. Simple as that. Don't get baited into TKing next time.

fallenlamb #14 Posted Apr 19 2016 - 09:55

Sergeant

• Players
  • 19283 battles
  • [SHEET] SHEET

View Postfallenlamb, on Apr 19 2016 - 03:16, said:

You won't like either one of them.

Told ya.

Geroj_Leningrada1944 #15 Posted Apr 19 2016 - 09:57

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 15775 battles

View PostBlackwaterXe, on Apr 19 2016 - 09:54, said:

original post says "got kicked off for a day"

Hour ban is the first level of penalty after the initial non-ban warning of turning blue. If you feel you're in danger of getting TK'd, stay inside your cap circle since the TK system penalizes team damage to people who are still inside their own cap circle more severely than if they left for the front lines. At any rate, the bright line rule is don't shoot teammates unless they turn blue. There is absolutely no justification or self-defense claim that will be accepted by WG. If you shoot a teammate, you get banned. Simple as that. Don't get baited into TKing next time.

Well thanks for the advice comrade but you really could ease up. I'm new to the game and don't know the ins and outs yet but that's no need to tear me a new one because of someone else's mistakes. And I mistyped it is only an hour ban. I wasn't baited into a TK. I was trying to see the logic in how wot justifies banning the wrong people 

murdockwan #16 Posted Apr 19 2016 - 10:19

Captain

• Players
  • 25612 battles
  • [CNCRD] CNCRD

View PostKrasnaya_Armiya_Geroy39, on Apr 19 2016 - 08:12, said:

- 40BelowWGA

just got kicked off for a day for this unfair ** that WoT thinks is a good way of discipline. Was on the Pilsen map in my KV-1 and a Su122 for some reason had a chip on his shoulder. I said I liked the MM we had been given because of how decent it was. He misinterpreted it somehow and thought I was complaining, I thought I was done when I told him I was praising MM not complaining. The ** takes 2 shots and almost kills me on purpose. I managed to take a lucky shot on his low health and kill him and BOOM. im banned from the game for team killing and he gets off scot free for taking the 2 intentional shots in the first place??? honestly while I enjoy this game, its a great way to screw around after work, but the fact WoT doesn't pay attention to this kind of thing and bans the wrong player makes me think that they really don't have any idea on what they're doing when it comes to discipline in game.

my question is how does WoT rationalize this, in my opinion, stupid and unfair behavior? do they not actually realize they are penalizing the wrong person? even if I had not shot him and killed him he would have killed me and still gotten off without even a warning. This really is a major flaw in the game that they seriously need to make sure they cant overlook.

The system is not great but it is the system. Raise your constructive feedback under FEEDBACK subforum and you will have a chance at helping improve the game.

Until then, accept the facts: team killing is illegal and punished automatically. You did team kill. You did get auto-punished. Simple. A bit annoying but very clear what happened and why it happened.

Apart from raising this in Feedback subforum one other thing you can do is installing that minimod called Safeshot which will make it impossible for you to fire at friendlies. When there are outright dbags in your team, harming you, pushing you, doing other rage inducing things, mod can help you prevent an autoban. You might lose yourself but mod will never.

Pro dbags don't shoot or push. They wait for friendly to popout while brawling then park on his backup route essentially forcing friendly to stay out in the open, looking at several guns with no cover. This is another great way of being dbag by gaming the auto punishment system of the game.

Edited by 40BelowWGA, Apr 19 2016 - 12:30.

9thDoctorWhooves #17 Posted Apr 19 2016 - 10:32

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 9185 battles
  • [DSCRD] DSCRD
The system isn't perfect, but it is there to protect us for the most part. I've had my own issues with the system, but it is what it is. Since you're new to the game, you might want to check out this thread: Team Damage & Team Kill Auto System. It explains the whole Team Killing system. Hope it helps! I hope to see you out there and Happy Tanking! :honoring:

Bastabeard #18 Posted Apr 19 2016 - 12:07

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 55393 battles

View PostKrasnaya_Armiya_Geroy39, on Apr 19 2016 - 04:20, said:

how can they get away with such blatant disregard for the people that pay them and play the damned game? not like it'll happen any time soon but if they lost players do to this misbehavior on the companies part I doubt they'd own up to it and ignore the fan base anyway. a disgusting display of regard for the gamers to be sure.

Simple

you shot a green tank.

you violated the rules

you got banned

Working as intended

Dratt_Dastardly #19 Posted Apr 19 2016 - 12:16

Major

• Players
  • 28541 battles

I think I ever turned blue once, over a year ago.  Never been banned.  

Within the last seven days, I accidentally killed two teammates as arty.  Only penalty I got, credit and XP loss.  

I just find it hard to believe it is easy to turn blue, let alone banned.  I've been accidentally shot, I've accident shot (despite safe shot mod) teammates.  One or two hits doesn't seem to turn people blue.  In your instance, I'm not sure what happened.  But whenever a blue player joins a new battle, I do not believe their explanation of why.  And they always say something at the start about why they are blue.

Bogart1943 #20 Posted Apr 19 2016 - 12:29

Major

• Players
  • 31889 battles
  • [DHO6] DHO6

View PostKrasnaya_Armiya_Geroy39, on Apr 19 2016 - 00:12, said:

- 40BelowWGA

just got kicked off for a day for this unfair ** that WoT thinks is a good way of discipline. Was on the Pilsen map in my KV-1 and a Su122 for some reason had a chip on his shoulder. I said I liked the MM we had been given because of how decent it was. He misinterpreted it somehow and thought I was complaining, I thought I was done when I told him I was praising MM not complaining. The ** takes 2 shots and almost kills me on purpose. I managed to take a lucky shot on his low health and kill him and BOOM. im banned from the game for team killing and he gets off scot free for taking the 2 intentional shots in the first place??? honestly while I enjoy this game, its a great way to screw around after work, but the fact WoT doesn't pay attention to this kind of thing and bans the wrong player makes me think that they really don't have any idea on what they're doing when it comes to discipline in game.

my question is how does WoT rationalize this, in my opinion, stupid and unfair behavior? do they not actually realize they are penalizing the wrong person? even if I had not shot him and killed him he would have killed me and still gotten off without even a warning. This really is a major flaw in the game that they seriously need to make sure they cant overlook.

​WG did not ban the wrong player.  You killed a green tank, he did not.  It's that simple.

DO NOT KILL THE GREEN TANKs. (not ALL caps)!

Edited by 40BelowWGA, Apr 19 2016 - 12:30.

Also tagged with TK

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users