• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

Whistling_Death_ #21 Posted Apr 19 2016 - 13:03

Major

• -Players-
  • 61733 battles
  • [13-AD] 13-AD

View PostKrasnaya_Armiya_Geroy39, on Apr 19 2016 - 03:57, said:

Well thanks for the advice comrade but you really could ease up. I'm new to the game and don't know the ins and outs yet but that's no need to tear me a new one because of someone else's mistakes. And I mistyped it is only an hour ban. I wasn't baited into a TK. I was trying to see the logic in how wot justifies banning the wrong people 

The automated system didn't ban the wrong person. You blew up a teammates tank and you were banned.  That was your choice, not W.o.T.  You don't get banned for just one offense, so you've been shooting more than just one teammate and have done this before. 

If you're driving down the highway doing 70 mph in a 65 mph zone and you get passed by someone doing 75, but a police officer clocks you at 70 mph and pulls you over, do you not deserve the speeding ticket?  Just because someone else is doing something wrong does not mean you are excused from also doing something wrong and can escape punishment for your actions.  Two wrongs do not make a right.

We can not shoot teammates for any reason whatsoever, unless they turn blue, which means they are low-life team killers and should be blown up before they shoot other teammates, causing even more team damage.  Once someone turns blue, they can not be trusted.  There is no punishment for blowing up blue jerks.

If everyone shot back at a teammate that shot at them, (the, "Teacher, he hit me first!", excuse), then the game would quickly degrade into teammates shooting teammates with the entire game quickly degenerating into a total unplayable mess for everyone.  That can't be allowed to happen of course, which is why we can never shoot a teammate.  You said the person that shot you would, "get off Scott free...and not even gotten a warning". That's not so.  The automated system keeps precise track of team killers and when the team killing is repeated, first there is a warning, then if it continues there is a one hour ban and then a one day ban, then a week ban and so forth all the way up to a permanent ban.  No team killer escapes the watchful eye of the W.o.T. automated system.

How to get back at a teammate that is shooting you?  Control yourself and don't return fire.  This way they get banned and not you.

Edited by Whistling_Death_, Apr 19 2016 - 13:05.

Southern_Comfort #22 Posted Apr 19 2016 - 13:16

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 36033 battles

View Postmadgiecool, on Apr 19 2016 - 00:44, said:

Lol laugh if you got banned from the forums as well

2.8 Discussing disciplinary actions
This category includes:
1. Creating posts or threads to discuss disciplinary actions taken against a player in game or on the forums
2. Creating posts or threads to discuss moderators or moderator decisions and actions

Dang, that's a joke!:amazed:

Guido1212 #23 Posted Apr 19 2016 - 13:19

Community Contributor

• Players
  • 78673 battles
  • [CARTL] CARTL
You don't get banned from one shot.  There is more to the story or you had previous, and recent, team damage.

Redcoat #24 Posted Apr 19 2016 - 13:21

Captain

• Players
  • 63233 battles

View PostKrasnaya_Armiya_Geroy39, on Apr 19 2016 - 09:20, said:

how can they get away with such blatant disregard for the people that pay them and play the damned game? not like it'll happen any time soon but if they lost players do to this misbehavior on the companies part I doubt they'd own up to it and ignore the fan base anyway. a disgusting display of regard for the gamers to be sure.

Ya... Wargaming should just let players shoot and kill their team mates whenever they like, without consequences whatsoever... YA!!!

Oh, wait...

The truth is, no one gets banned for "one shot" into a team mate... ever... you have to have a history of shooting team mates... the system is weighted, and imo works quite well... in fact, I think if anything, it's too lenient... The fact you got banned is because you shot a team mate AGAIN, and you should NEVER SHOOT TEAM MATES.

Whistling_Death_ #25 Posted Apr 19 2016 - 13:42

Major

• -Players-
  • 61733 battles
  • [13-AD] 13-AD

View Postfallenlamb, on Apr 19 2016 - 03:16, said:

There are two main reasons for this. You won't like either one of them.

1) WoT DOES NOT CARE.

2) "WORKING AS INTENDED"

Of course W.o.T. cares.  That's why the automated system is there, to do its job of removing team killers from the game, which is a very good thing for everyone else!  :)

Panzer_74 #26 Posted Apr 19 2016 - 13:45

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 22039 battles

Was in that game on your team. I was wondering if your comment about MM was sarcastic - it certainly seemed it.

I saw you were blue but as I was holding field & you were in city area I missed the drama. We still won despite your stupidity.

Never shoot green tanks.

DiePanzerGeist #27 Posted Apr 19 2016 - 13:57

Major

• -Players-
  • 7211 battles
  • [DHO6] DHO6

View PostKrasnaya_Armiya_Geroy39, on Apr 19 2016 - 03:12, said:

[Content Moderated - Vulgarities]

- 40BelowWGA

just got kicked off for a day for this unfair ** that WoT thinks is a good way of discipline. Was on the Pilsen map in my KV-1 and a Su122 for some reason had a chip on his shoulder. I said I liked the MM we had been given because of how decent it was. He misinterpreted it somehow and thought I was complaining, I thought I was done when I told him I was praising MM not complaining. The ** takes 2 shots and almost kills me on purpose. I managed to take a lucky shot on his low health and kill him and BOOM. im banned from the game for team killing and he gets off scot free for taking the 2 intentional shots in the first place??? honestly while I enjoy this game, its a great way to screw around after work, but the fact WoT doesn't pay attention to this kind of thing and bans the wrong player makes me think that they really don't have any idea on what they're doing when it comes to discipline in game.

my question is how does WoT rationalize this, in my opinion, stupid and unfair behavior? do they not actually realize they are penalizing the wrong person? even if I had not shot him and killed him he would have killed me and still gotten off without even a warning. This really is a major flaw in the game that they seriously need to make sure they cant overlook.

1) he damaged you.

2) You TK'd him.

3) Never purposely shoot greens...period.

4) Blue is not an accident, its a habit.

Edited by DiePanzerGeist, Apr 19 2016 - 13:59.

OstwindFlakpanzer #28 Posted Apr 19 2016 - 14:46

Major

• Players
  • 20919 battles
  • [CUDAS] CUDAS
WG should turn off team damage.  problem and griefing fixed.  heck, even the T22 drivers won't be teamkilled any more.  

TheLightKnight #29 Posted Apr 19 2016 - 14:57

Captain

• -Players-
  • 19002 battles
  • [X-COM] X-COM

View PostKrasnaya_Armiya_Geroy39, on Apr 19 2016 - 08:12, said:

do they not actually realize they are penalizing the wrong person? 

No, no they don't.  The system is of course automated.  What did you expect?  I highly suspect this is not your first time shooting green tanks.  Never ever ever shoot greens, wait for them to turn blue.  Until then, you're playing into the hands of trolls and the system is right for banning you.

moogleslam #30 Posted Apr 19 2016 - 14:58

Major

• Players
  • 41667 battles

You shot someone and got banned?  Seems like everything is working as intended..

Your parents never taught you two wrongs don't make a right?

aberant #31 Posted Apr 19 2016 - 15:31

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 7693 battles

View Postmadgiecool, on Apr 19 2016 - 09:44, said:

Lol laugh if you got banned from the forums as well

2.8 Discussing disciplinary actions
This category includes:
1. Creating posts or threads to discuss disciplinary actions taken against a player in game or on the forums
2. Creating posts or threads to discuss moderators or moderator decisions and actions

View PostSouthern_Comfort, on Apr 19 2016 - 13:16, said:

Dang, that's a joke!:amazed:

Some people can't handle it.

Nunya_000 #32 Posted Apr 19 2016 - 15:32

Major

• Players
  • 21111 battles
  • [PACNW] PACNW

View PostKrasnaya_Armiya_Geroy39, on Apr 19 2016 - 00:12, said:

[Content Moderated - Vulgarities]

- 40BelowWGA

just got kicked off for a day for this unfair ** that WoT thinks is a good way of discipline. Was on the Pilsen map in my KV-1 and a Su122 for some reason had a chip on his shoulder. I said I liked the MM we had been given because of how decent it was. He misinterpreted it somehow and thought I was complaining, I thought I was done when I told him I was praising MM not complaining. The ** takes 2 shots and almost kills me on purpose. I managed to take a lucky shot on his low health and kill him and BOOM. im banned from the game for team killing and he gets off scot free for taking the 2 intentional shots in the first place??? honestly while I enjoy this game, its a great way to screw around after work, but the fact WoT doesn't pay attention to this kind of thing and bans the wrong player makes me think that they really don't have any idea on what they're doing when it comes to discipline in game.

my question is how does WoT rationalize this, in my opinion, stupid and unfair behavior? do they not actually realize they are penalizing the wrong person? even if I had not shot him and killed him he would have killed me and still gotten off without even a warning. This really is a major flaw in the game that they seriously need to make sure they cant overlook.

Sigh....

So, what exactly do you think you accomplished by shooting back????

1. Did you protect your tank?  Nope.  Your tank will be waiting for you in your garage after the battle is over.

2. Did you protect your honor?  Nope.  Nobody cares about your honor in a pixel tank game.

3. Did you teach the other tank not to mess with you?  Nope.  He probably won't even remember you after the battle is over.

4. Did you teach him a general lesson?  Nope.  He got away with it as he tricked you into shooting back, which got you banned and not him.

5. Did you protect your team?  Nope. If he was just TKing in general, he just moved on to the next tank after you were banned.

So, what exactly did you accomplish?  Well, you accomplish getting yourself banned.....that is about it.

Next time, just let him kill you and move on to the next battle.  If you continue playing this game, having a handful of battles ruined by some jerk is a small price.  If you had not fired back, you would not have been banned and chances are the other person would have been banned instead.  Then maybe he would learn not to be a jerk and ruin another game in the future.

REDRUM_Inc #33 Posted Apr 19 2016 - 15:36

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 47058 battles
  • [GRIMY] GRIMY

A few points here:

1. Never fire at the opening of a match (not saying that the OP did)
  2. If you are being shot at the opening of a match try and stay in the spawn cap - offending tank turns blue a lot faster.
  3. If someone is intentionally shooting you - let them and they will turn Blue and get the ban, not you.
  4. Never, and I mean NEVER, shoot back!
  5. I've never seen a player get banned for a single shot team kill

Remember, this is only a game, you have more tanks in your garage, and is supposed to be for fun.

DiePanzerGeist #34 Posted Apr 19 2016 - 15:45

Major

• -Players-
  • 7211 battles
  • [DHO6] DHO6
We are so silly...we completely forgot that today is "Why did I get banned" Tuesday. :trollface:

ArmorStorm #35 Posted Apr 19 2016 - 16:33

Major

• Players
  • 35983 battles
  • [F__R] F__R

View PostKrasnaya_Armiya_Geroy39, on Apr 19 2016 - 02:57, said:

Well thanks for the advice comrade but you really could ease up. I'm new to the game and don't know the ins and outs yet but that's no need to tear me a new one because of someone else's mistakes. And I mistyped it is only an hour ban. I wasn't baited into a TK. I was trying to see the logic in how wot justifies banning the wrong people 

They didn't ban the wrong player.  There is a system they use which compares the total amount of team damage to the total amount of overall damage and that sets your threshold in part.  If you accidentally ram a couple of guys, then pop one on accident when they drive in front of your tank, you can easily reach the ban threshold.  Match time, cap circle proximity, enemy proximity and other factors can influence the result as well.  You were simply closer to your threshold than the other guy was.

Extraordinaire #36 Posted Apr 19 2016 - 16:50

Captain

• Players
  • 27656 battles
If you don't make a habit of shooting tea mates, and you only shoot one once, you will be fine. Doesn't matter if you kill him or not. The obvious problem here, is that you shhot too many allies, or you didn't only shoot him once. You basically get two freebies, then you are banned.

MarshmellowTitanic #37 Posted Apr 19 2016 - 17:22

Captain

• -Players-
  • 6909 battles

Dear OP

Do NOT shoot the Green ones

PS

Noob , I have ** accidentally rage shot ** certain tanks and have never been auto Banned unless I was Blue named in the Lists

so cry me a river and stop ** accidentally team damaging **  or purposely TKing allies

P.P.S. you dd NOT 1 shot a ** LOW HEALTH ** ally and get auto banned , you put 3 shots into him or you were already Blue named

peter_s_price #38 Posted Apr 19 2016 - 18:07

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 17480 battles
  • [PFJ] PFJ
If you never deliberately shoot own team you never get a Ban. I havent ever even had a a warning even though sometimes I have TK'd accidentally (and it always is). deliberate team damage doesnt help me to win but puts me at a disadvantage vs opponents. I dont even retaliate but just take the compo!

Also tagged with TK

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users