Jump to content


omgomgomgomg finally - spg15.4

With Honors

  • Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

ThePigSheFlies #1 Posted Apr 20 2016 - 01:27

    Major

  • Players
  • 67158 battles
  • 16,850
  • [SIMP] SIMP
  • Member since:
    10-20-2012

I've missed it by less than 100 dmg, or less than 100xp countless times this past month.  yesterday, after dramatically increasing the number of premium HE shells I missed it by 19 xp.

 

Finally.  I can retire my spg's from being spammed in pubby play.

They will remain geared/crewed for clanwars, and for when I'm salty enough to crap on people when I'm not feeling like owning up to my own losses :D

 



LimiterOne #2 Posted Apr 20 2016 - 01:37

    First lieutenant

  • Beta Testers
  • 16287 battles
  • 766
  • Member since:
    11-29-2010
Grats!

Tank3rDude #3 Posted Apr 20 2016 - 01:45

    Major

  • Players
  • 9612 battles
  • 2,589
  • [_TNK_] _TNK_
  • Member since:
    12-29-2012
Im still stuck on SPG.1( at least the secondary part)  I can not seem to get over 2k damage , be in the top 3, AND SURVIVE. I can only seem to get good damage when my team is falling apart, making surviving a real chore. because of this I am 1 commendation short of the Stug IV lol. 

Edited by Tank3rDude, Apr 20 2016 - 01:50.


werecat #4 Posted Apr 20 2016 - 01:50

    Captain

  • Players
  • 29004 battles
  • 1,362
  • [TRULL] TRULL
  • Member since:
    11-02-2013
The only reason war gods is hard is because arty only gets half the xp from it's damage because it doesn't spot for itself

invictus97 #5 Posted Apr 20 2016 - 02:03

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 13611 battles
  • 293
  • Member since:
    03-11-2014
Congratz!   Still working on SPG 15.1, but this gives me hope!

ThePigSheFlies #6 Posted Apr 20 2016 - 02:03

    Major

  • Players
  • 67158 battles
  • 16,850
  • [SIMP] SIMP
  • Member since:
    10-20-2012

View Postwerecat, on Apr 19 2016 - 19:50, said:

The only reason war gods is hard is because arty only gets half the xp from it's damage because it doesn't spot for itself

 

well, there are other problems:

  • your team collapses before you can reload 3x
  • your team sweeps the enemy team before you can reload 3x
  • map design
  • map rotation

 

for some reason, I found it far easier on the 55a, but I was also using the 40/43 at that point in time.  I also found the LT missions far and away easier than the spg missions in terms of reliably being able to do them.



Whistling_Death_ #7 Posted Apr 20 2016 - 02:16

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 61653 battles
  • 2,650
  • [13-AD] 13-AD
  • Member since:
    11-09-2014

View Postwerecat, on Apr 19 2016 - 19:50, said:

The only reason war gods is hard is because arty only gets half the xp from it's damage because it doesn't spot for itself

 

It can't spot for itself. SPG's are blind.  You see, it's all part of that, "fair and balanced", crap.

rich73 #8 Posted Apr 20 2016 - 02:18

    Major

  • Players
  • 54322 battles
  • 6,488
  • Member since:
    10-17-2011
Nice Job!

DM_ranger2 #9 Posted Apr 20 2016 - 02:20

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 15442 battles
  • 91
  • [M-I-T] M-I-T
  • Member since:
    03-13-2014

WOW, nice job.

I'm still on SPG 15 -1  closest is 1997/2000   and then 1998/2000

Someday.



ThePigSheFlies #10 Posted Apr 20 2016 - 02:21

    Major

  • Players
  • 67158 battles
  • 16,850
  • [SIMP] SIMP
  • Member since:
    10-20-2012

View PostWhistling_Death_, on Apr 19 2016 - 20:16, said:

 

It can't spot for itself. SPG's are blind.  You see, it's all part of that, "fair and balanced", crap.

 

not sure what you're smoking - perhaps you're smoking the low / mid-tier crap?

 

my M53/55 has a current view range of 392m.  that is plenty to spot, and ambush when last alive, camo'ed up against most everything but a LT

 

any penalty it gets from xp is the same as any other tank that is relying upon someone else doing the hard work, being out in front spotting and taking the risks...



jm404k #11 Posted Apr 20 2016 - 02:26

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 17639 battles
  • 422
  • Member since:
    12-02-2014

View PostWhistling_Death_, on Apr 20 2016 - 01:16, said:

 

It can't spot for itself. SPG's are blind.  You see, it's all part of that, "fair and balanced", crap.

 

why does it need to spot for itself? It camps in the far corner of the map all game unspotted until they have lost and usually the coward drowns itself. 

 

I put binos on most my arty and will outspot most heavies and tds who push base which gives me a chance to get one last shot in before dying.  



jm404k #12 Posted Apr 20 2016 - 02:29

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 17639 battles
  • 422
  • Member since:
    12-02-2014

View PostThePigSheFlies, on Apr 20 2016 - 01:21, said:

 

not sure what you're smoking - perhaps you're smoking the low / mid-tier crap?

 

my M53/55 has a current view range of 392m.  that is plenty to spot, and ambush when last alive, camo'ed up against most everything but a LT

 

any penalty it gets from xp is the same as any other tank that is relying upon someone else doing the hard work, being out in front spotting and taking the risks...

 

He is a low tier self proclaimed arty professional/counselor/apologist and anything that has to do with arty

screng #13 Posted Apr 20 2016 - 02:48

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 17670 battles
  • 195
  • [_SACK] _SACK
  • Member since:
    12-11-2012
heck ya nice!

ThePigSheFlies #14 Posted Apr 20 2016 - 03:15

    Major

  • Players
  • 67158 battles
  • 16,850
  • [SIMP] SIMP
  • Member since:
    10-20-2012

View Postjm404k, on Apr 19 2016 - 20:29, said:

 

He is a low tier self proclaimed arty professional/counselor/apologist and anything that has to do with arty

 

yeah

 

View Postjm404k, on Apr 19 2016 - 20:26, said:

 

why does it need to spot for itself? It camps in the far corner of the map all game unspotted until they have lost and usually the coward drowns itself. 

 

I put binos on most my arty and will outspot most heavies and tds who push base which gives me a chance to get one last shot in before dying.  

 

I don't run binos on mine, but when I was playing both the 53/55 and the 261 (remember they're both retired from pubs now huzzah!) I often drove them more than many mediums...  and definitely more than the prototypical TD player...

 

edit:  just checked on vbaddict.  my average, which includes battles on city maps that dont' have a lot of room to roam is over 800m traveled per game.  more than double the average unicum in arty moves, and roughly 3x the distance the average player overall moves. 

 

per vbaddict, the average player in the t62a averages 804m traveled per game :D


Edited by ThePigSheFlies, Apr 20 2016 - 03:19.


Guido1212 #15 Posted Apr 20 2016 - 03:38

    Community Contributor

  • Players
  • 78571 battles
  • 8,291
  • [CARTL] CARTL
  • Member since:
    06-11-2011

Nice pig, good job.  I felt much the same, actually sold a couple tier 10 arty in a rage after finishing it.

 

As for the spotting comment from the apologist clown.  Arty easily spots incoming LTs before they spot it, stationary, camoed, usually with  camo crew and a net, and in plenty of time to shotgun them.  To claim otherwise is pure ignorance, or willful deceit.  Neither one is complimentary to be sure.







Also tagged with With Honors

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users