Jump to content


Support the Cause During Military Appreciation Month


  • Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

Content_WG #1 Posted May 01 2016 - 18:16

    Wargaming America

  • Administrator
  • 0 battles
  • 3,223
  • Member since:
    01-17-2011
Play World of Tanks and support Fisher House Foundation during Military Appreciation Month!

Full news text

blazer285 #2 Posted May 01 2016 - 18:33

    Captain

  • Players
  • 10017 battles
  • 1,329
  • Member since:
    10-14-2012

Even more tax write offs 

Only reason cooperation donate money

Spoiler

 



Brick94 #3 Posted May 01 2016 - 18:43

    Captain

  • Players
  • 39178 battles
  • 1,537
  • Member since:
    08-03-2013
Why would anyone want to help WG's bottom line when they keep promising gold and produce crap?

Iron_Soul_Stealer #4 Posted May 01 2016 - 18:48

    Major

  • Players
  • 2928 battles
  • 8,570
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

Just a simple "thank you for your service" would have been enough wargaming.....:facepalm:

 

Edit note: Please, and just as a side note here, everyone, *Do not ever say: "happy veterans day!"...

:facepalm:...simply saythank you for your service. There is nothing "happy" about war. That is all.

-Iron

 



khorender_1 #5 Posted May 01 2016 - 19:04

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 5745 battles
  • 101
  • Member since:
    10-03-2015
I hate " Thank you for your service" how about instead what branch were you in ?
 
Me I was a Combat Engineer and then an MLRS crewman


rokinamerica #6 Posted May 01 2016 - 19:23

    Major

  • Players
  • 4754 battles
  • 3,035
  • Member since:
    04-20-2013

Well, there is this at the bottom:

You can also make a direct donation via the Wargaming America Fisher House fundraising page.



Iron_Soul_Stealer #7 Posted May 01 2016 - 19:28

    Major

  • Players
  • 2928 battles
  • 8,570
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostBrick94, on May 01 2016 - 12:43, said:

Why would anyone want to help WG's bottom line when they keep promising gold and produce crap?

 

^..Like I said, just a simple "thank you for your service" would have been good enough.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

*And again, everyone, please do not ever say "happy Veterans day!"....there is nothing "happy" or glorious about war.

Furthermore, what I dislike even more than comments like the above, is this strange new trend of the commercialization of veterans day. It's not Christmas people, and it's not black Friday either.....it's Veterans Day. It's a time for respect, and somber reflection and remembrance. Again, I have no problem with a simple 'thank you for your service'.... and/or, 'you will not be forgotten'. Just don't ever say "happy veterans day"....please, just don't.

 

 

 



CelticArchangel #8 Posted May 01 2016 - 21:08

    Captain

  • Players
  • 12923 battles
  • 1,459
  • Member since:
    07-14-2011

How You Can Help

For every charity mission completed from 04:20 PST on May 1 through 04:20 PST on May 31, Wargaming America will donate $1 to Fisher House Foundation, up to $100,000.

 

I'm not ripping on the good deed. I get it and I understand the method and idea behind it... but why not just donate the $100k and be done with it. Putting a cap on it removes the "earning" potential. Saying you'll go to that means you're already prepared to donate that much... so just donate it and discuss the positives.

Removing the cap means the players can push that above and beyond, and it allows the players to decide how much is donated. 

Its kinda like that Secret Santa bit where we "bought" gifts for each other, where at the end it was just a Wargaming Christmas casino where we bought up to 25 chances to get something cool. Since we couldn't determine where they went or what was put in... it became a slot machine and WG was the only winner by raking in cubic buttloads of  free cash. All predetermined. 

So, awesome idea, and I'm happy the money is going somewhere great. Just... very odd execution. 



AndrewSledge #9 Posted May 01 2016 - 22:17

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 26655 battles
  • 1,200
  • Member since:
    04-14-2014
OMG, Wargaming can't catch a break, can they? Last year for Veterans Day, they sold a gold bundle where a portion of the proceeds went to a charity, and they got beat up on for that. This year, they will donate a significant amount of money just with players playing normally, and they still get beat up! I'm willing to wager that the vast majority of players will not do any volunteering or donating as a part of Veterans Day (myself included), so this one dollar that WG is donating on behalf of each player is a step in the right direction.

Also, this is Veterans Day, not Memorial Day   They are for different things, and since Veterans Day is about thanking the people around you for their combat service, I don't think there's anything wrong with wishing them happiness on the day that's meant for them. I know I'll be wishing my dad a happy Veterans Day.

mr_angry_eyes #10 Posted May 01 2016 - 22:21

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 61098 battles
  • 254
  • Member since:
    06-04-2011

Good intentions, but laughably obvious that there aren't enough regular players to complete the mission to even reach 20k.

 

Am I missing something here?

 

I appreciate that they are donating, but to promote it as 5x the theoretical amount is a tad strange. Then again, I suppose this is another "rare" donation.

 

I am critical because they seem to infer one thing, but really do another. I respect the donations and the effort they do take, but it strikes me as odd that consistently one thing is said and another thing done. Miscommunication among the departments perhaps, but strangely confusing and most people will wonder why.

 

 


Edited by mr_angry_eyes, May 01 2016 - 22:23.


Iron_Soul_Stealer #11 Posted May 01 2016 - 22:38

    Major

  • Players
  • 2928 battles
  • 8,570
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View Postmr_angry_eyes, on May 01 2016 - 16:21, said:

Good intentions, but laughably obvious that there aren't enough regular players to complete the mission to even reach 20k.

 

Am I missing something here?

 

I appreciate that they are donating, but to promote it as 5x the theoretical amount is a tad strange. Then again, I suppose this is another "rare" donation.

 

I am critical because they seem to infer one thing, but really do another. I respect the donations and the effort they do take, but it strikes me as odd that consistently one thing is said and another thing done. Miscommunication among the departments perhaps, but strangely confusing and most people will wonder why.

 

 

 

^...Interesting point.

And as a couple of people already mentioned here, I only see this adding to the commercialization of Veterans Day. I know that good intentions were involved, but it was a very odd execution for something that should have been simply donated with no strings attached.

---------------------------------------------------

And I stand behind my posts....as always.

*I won't be wishing anyone a "happy Veterans day", because I don't believe there is anything "happy" about war, nor is there anything glorious about it. 

 

So, to all Veterans out there...

Thank you for your service. You will not be forgotten.

 

 

 



GoJoe2400 #12 Posted May 01 2016 - 23:04

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 45715 battles
  • 57
  • Member since:
    12-12-2011

I'm not going to complain about the gesture at all. I'm sure individually, given all the attention Wargaming NA brings to causes like Operation Supply Drop, there is plenty of generosity in the organization. Thank you Wargaming.

 

My only question and reason for posting is-- Does Wargaming NA have the kind of population to make the 100k a realistic goal? If it was repeatable per account it would be one thing, but as a daily player, I don't see the numbers to support the text of the event.



DevildogMychael #13 Posted May 01 2016 - 23:15

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 4076 battles
  • 54
  • [RYZIN] RYZIN
  • Member since:
    07-23-2014

View PostIron_Soul_Stealer, on May 01 2016 - 12:48, said:

Just a simple "thank you for your service" would have been enough wargaming.....:facepalm:

 

Edit note: Please, and just as a side note here, everyone, *Do not ever say: "happy veterans day!"...

:facepalm:...simply saythank you for your service. There is nothing "happy" about war. That is all.

-Iron

 

 

Well Said

Iron_Soul_Stealer #14 Posted May 02 2016 - 00:28

    Major

  • Players
  • 2928 battles
  • 8,570
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostGoJoe2400, on May 01 2016 - 17:04, said:

I'm not going to complain about the gesture at all. I'm sure individually, given all the attention Wargaming NA brings to causes like Operation Supply Drop, there is plenty of generosity in the organization. Thank you Wargaming.

 

My only question and reason for posting is-- Does Wargaming NA have the kind of population to make the 100k a realistic goal? If it was repeatable per account it would be one thing, but as a daily player, I don't see the numbers to support the text of the event.

 

^..To answer your question....Probably not.

That is why so many people here {including myself}, are confused and baffled by this event/gesture. And I agree, I just don't see the numbers to support an event of this scale. Personally, I think they should have just made the donation with no strings attached. Even if they jumped on a little PR train for that donation, it still would have been better, and more fair, in my opinion.

 

View PostMychyl, on May 01 2016 - 17:15, said:

 

Well Said

 

Thank you.

 

 

 



Savage281 #15 Posted May 02 2016 - 00:44

    Captain

  • Players
  • 10780 battles
  • 1,822
  • Member since:
    02-16-2012

View PostIron_Soul_Stealer, on May 01 2016 - 19:28, said:

 

.it's Veterans Day. It's a time for respect, and somber reflection and remembrance. 

 

 

 

 

Perhaps you're think of Memorial Day? That's the upcoming holiday. Veterans Day is less "somber" and more "gracious". Memorial Day has a focus on the fallen. 

Iron_Soul_Stealer #16 Posted May 02 2016 - 01:29

    Major

  • Players
  • 2928 battles
  • 8,570
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostSavage281, on May 01 2016 - 18:44, said:

 

Perhaps you're think of Memorial Day? That's the upcoming holiday. Veterans Day is less "somber" and more "gracious". Memorial Day has a focus on the fallen. 

 

^..We shouldn't be differentiating. I don't see the difference between the two. War is War.

It doesn't change because of a date, and there is nothing "gracious", or "happy" about it. Let's not start glorifying it now. I stand behind my posts.

 



Savage281 #17 Posted May 02 2016 - 02:20

    Captain

  • Players
  • 10780 battles
  • 1,822
  • Member since:
    02-16-2012

View PostIron_Soul_Stealer, on May 02 2016 - 01:29, said:

 

^..We shouldn't be differentiating. I don't see the difference between the two. War is War.

It doesn't change because of a date, and there is nothing "gracious", or "happy" about it. Let's not start glorifying it now. I stand behind my posts.

 

 

I was simply indicating the difference between the two. Veterans Day is geared to the appreciating the sacrifice of our veterans, both living and dead, and thus has a tone of gratitude. Memorial Day is about remembering our fallen service men and women, and thus has a more somber tone. 

I_WONT_RESPOND_TO_YOU #18 Posted May 02 2016 - 02:49

    Major

  • Players
  • 32513 battles
  • 6,566
  • Member since:
    07-22-2012
no

spedkey #19 Posted May 02 2016 - 02:50

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 14287 battles
  • 628
  • [LINCN] LINCN
  • Member since:
    06-02-2013

100 k xp for 5 miserable reserves of ONE hour? Think again, WG

 



Masterpupil #20 Posted May 02 2016 - 04:19

    Major

  • WGLNA Gold League Player
  • 21279 battles
  • 2,113
  • Member since:
    08-13-2011
If WG hands this donation out as fast as they pay Gold League players, the donation won't be received until next year :trollface:




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users