• Please log in to reply
540 replies to this topic

Manabozo #221 Posted May 04 2016 - 01:58

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 45279 battles
  • [GMONK] GMONK

View PostNunya_000, on May 04 2016 - 01:53, said:

I agree, but I feel that WoTs is far, far away from that point.  I also believe that some of the changes to the game (stuff added to the minimap....garage changes in next patch..etc) are things WG is doing to maybe get control of mods and potential cheats.

If it becomes bad where it is obvious, I will find something else to play....as will many players.  I have no doubt WG is aware of this.  Right now, I do not think there is not a big issue with cheaters....no matter how much someones wants to believe there is.  if someone EVER posts a replay of one of their standard battles to prove otherwise, I will take notice.  However, nobody EVER seems to be able to produce a replay.  All they ever post is the same tired old videos from 3 years ago.

WoT seems to be in a place where they are becoming noticable, but Wargamming is moving in the right directions to quell the onslaught. Hopefully it will be put down and buried, and you will be able to enjoy tanks for years to come. :)

Melric5 #222 Posted May 04 2016 - 03:43

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 5895 battles

View PostNunya_000, on May 04 2016 - 01:53, said:

I agree, but I feel that WoTs is far, far away from that point.  I also believe that some of the changes to the game (stuff added to the minimap....garage changes in next patch..etc) are things WG is doing to maybe get control of mods and potential cheats.

If it becomes bad where it is obvious, I will find something else to play....as will many players.  I have no doubt WG is aware of this.  Right now, I do not think there is not a big issue with cheaters....no matter how much someones wants to believe there is.  if someone EVER posts a replay of one of their standard battles to prove otherwise, I will take notice.  However, nobody EVER seems to be able to produce a replay.  All they ever post is the same tired old videos from 3 years ago.

Here you go my friend an example from a well know player!!

https://www.youtube....eature=youtu.be

Melric5 #223 Posted May 04 2016 - 03:48

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 5895 battles

View PostManabozo, on May 04 2016 - 01:15, said:

I find it odd that, instead of addressing the problem, some people will attempt to down play it, making it sound as if it is lesser of a problem then it actually is.

You are right on the money my friend...other words...

Deny Deny reflect and redirect!Toss up more smoke screens!!!

Nunya_000 #224 Posted May 04 2016 - 04:47

Major

• Players
  • 21138 battles
  • [PACNW] PACNW

View PostMelric5, on May 03 2016 - 18:43, said:

Here you go my friend an example from a well know player!!

https://www.youtube....eature=youtu.be

A few videos from youtube does not mean cheating is rampant.  If cheating is so game breaking common, I would bet you have tons of replays you can provide.....heck, I would settle for just one.

0304 #225 Posted May 04 2016 - 05:08

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 33 battles

View PostDiePanzerGeist, on May 02 2016 - 05:16, said:

Allow me to translate..."I got beat up in pixel tanks so everyone must be cheating and this video confirms it", nothing to see here except...

No its not a translation you fool, its just your interpretation of it.

Melric5 #226 Posted May 04 2016 - 05:17

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 5895 battles
Why do you defend Otter and Bulba so much? So you truly believe that when it comes to making gold and winning land in clan wars or even padding their stats in pug matches that is not a reason to use illegal mods? Why would red players who can barely drive their tanks to the best spots on maps take the time and spend $15 a month on cheats? Be honest, you know what kind of people would use illegal mods to win!  A rationale person could put 2 +2 together and come up with 4. My friend you keep coming up with 5.

Edited by Melric5, May 04 2016 - 05:20.

Melric5 #227 Posted May 04 2016 - 05:21

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 5895 battles

View Post_Tsavo_, on May 04 2016 - 05:03, said:

Another example of a yellow player using illegal mods.  Illegal mods only make that player average at best.  He was also permabanned after that video was released.

*sigh*

Well, yeah I'm going to downplay it.  I won't deny that players do use mods, but I'm also aware enough to know what those mods provide and that what the do provide is not going to help the top portion of the player base much.  I'm not alone in the opinion that I've only ever encountered a small few matches that had me scratch my head.  One of them was probably a guy using the downed tree mod since he showed up three times right were I was after being dark for a long while.  I forget the others, it's been a really long time since I've had a match were something felt off.

I'll always contest claims that top clans are all cheat users, they have very little to gain from using illegal mods (as OTTER and BULBA members have said already) whereas the average player who has so little awareness that they can't flex to changing conditions would benefit the most from these types of the mods.

Smart gameplay will trump these mods almost every time.  Arty indicator?  If you're not re-positioning after each shot you fire in arty, you're doing it wrong.  That doesn't mean drive to another corner, but shoot, scoot in a random direction for a dozen meters and ready up to shoot again.  Just by doing that you've negated the ball, granted that'll also make it easier to counter battery since they'll give away your general position.  The aimbot?  Rubbish.  Who struggles with leading targets and hitting weak spots?  Not purple players.  The lasers?  Purple players can tell by looking at a tank's outline where their gun is pointing, they are aware of what's going on and who's looking where.  These are things you can observe just by watching good players play and stream.  They look around, they know what's going on all across the map using a vanilla client.  On top of being so aware of their surroundings, they also are superb combatants.  Not only being able to go where they can deal the most damage, but also being able to beat surprise flank attacks and other players who get close.  

It's known that the server still has the ultimate control over where your shell goes, what it rolls for, if it even pens, and what modules it hits.  That's not something you can change with any mod.  Will using mods net an advantage?  Sure.  Will it make a bad player good?  No.  Will it make an orange player yellow?  Maybe.  Yellow to light green?  Maybe.  Green to teal?  Sure.  Beyond that, unless you're someone who exclusively seal clubs and has only gotten stats with baby tier padding, what those mods do will not be of much help.  To be blue or purple, you do naturally what those mods do.

I'm happy to see beneficial elements of mods coming into the game, and maybe one day we won't need mods (I'll be just as happy as the anti-mod crowd) and then no-one will have hacks/illegal mods.  I'm more than happy to debate the merits of mods and whether or not they are as prolific as many think.  

What I find is that most of the players who claim hacks and accuse of using illegal mods are fairly poor or below average players.  Often times it's due to their ignorance of gameplay mechanics.  There are a few good or better players who chime those bells as well, but they are relatively few in number.  Considering the source of most claims, ignorance plays a huge role in it.  To a bad player, someone who's able to make the game mechanics work to their favor using positioning, knowledge of weakspots, and how to stay hidden might as well be hacking simply because they don't know how to those other players do it.

Melric5 isn't approaching this topic with intent to debate or even hold a discussion, hence the trolling and sarcastic replies.  Had he held a reasonable discourse, my replies would consistently be just like this post.  Be that as it may, considering I am a believer in reciprocation, if someone has a poor post, a bad attitude, a snarky know-it-all demeanor, I will antagonize, bait, and mock their posts.  

Also, let it be known that I do not condone illegal mods, I'm not debating if they are good or bad,I'm rather debating how prolific they are or aren't and just how meaningful of an impact they do or don't have in the long run.  Sadly, being most posts on this forum are of the quality of a child smashing their face on the keyboard and hitting "post", I all too often end up just as my signature describes.  Actual debates, with logically thought out reasons, opinions and ideas based on the game's mecahnics, and evidence when available, are very rare things here.

Why do you defend Otter and Bulba so much? So you truly believe that when it comes to making gold and winning land in clan wars or even padding their stats in pug matches that is not a reason to use illegal mods? Why would red players who can barely drive their tanks to the best spots on maps take the time and spend $15 a month on cheats? Be honest, you know what kind of people would use illegal mods to win!  A rationale person could put 2 +2 together and come up with 4. My friend you keep coming up with 5.

Ante_Mortem #228 Posted May 04 2016 - 05:22

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 22493 battles
  • [CS7AO] CS7AO
Someone starts a thread griping about cheating, 200+hits.  I put in a full guide to Rudy and I get like....10  This is sorta what is wrong with this forum I think.

Melric5 #229 Posted May 04 2016 - 05:24

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 5895 battles

your_Master #230 Posted May 04 2016 - 05:29

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 15525 battles

View PostMelric5, on May 04 2016 - 05:17, said:

Tsavo,

why do you keep saying pug match? can you not differentiate between a B and a G?

When we are already so good at the game, what could we possibly gain from cheating? oh sure we could know where some tanks are before they are spotted but you can guess that anyway just by looking at the tank lineups/what has been spotted/map/whatever feeling you have (though you would probably know very little about awareness in this game). Red players on the other hand cant do this, they cant aim well, they don't put themselves in good positions, they are basically bots that talk, and so they are really really really bad. Red players can't stand being bad. They find some reason why they aren't as good as everyone else that doesn't involve them being bad. One of the reasons is that everyone else is cheating. Because they think everyone else is cheating, they try to cheat to so that they can also be good. But then they download the illegal modpack and get flooded with useless information and all they got out of it was something that aims for them. So they are still bad. So then they uninstall the mods and then forget that the mods did nothing for them and then they go onto the forums complaining about all the other "cheaters" who must be using mods because clan wars is super duper important and stats are impossible to get unless you cheat and blah blah  blah. 

TL;DR go watch a good player (not quickybaby -- an actual good player) stream on twitch. If you are VERY LUCKY you can see all of the mods that they DONT run. 

charley2222 #231 Posted May 04 2016 - 05:45

Captain

• Players
  • 29538 battles

yea i lost a lot of interest

aty using zoom mods vs aty not using mods is the day or night  . but mods not suppose to give any avantage  all  b s just get kill vs the 155 in 2 shot  in the first  1min and  after the same aty kill 2 other player lol . the game have so many weird stuff now  i get spot over 500 meter  and i`m full camo hiding in the grass   and get auto aim from so far and i`m hiding and not shooting , never see that   in the pass only this last 6 month the gameplay is very wierd

Edited by charley2222, May 04 2016 - 05:47.

besieger #232 Posted May 04 2016 - 05:52

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 23188 battles
I still find it funny that people use quickybaby as a yard stick for a good player.

Soulcaller #233 Posted May 04 2016 - 07:58

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 15786 battles

In the video linked earlier on showing the use of illegal mods, the author mentions a few.

b4it and WarPack

b4it you can pay $7.00/m or buy it outright for $50. Then lets take a stab at what is costs to run b4it, they have overhead, salaries operating costs and want to make a profit. So perhaps they have to gross 200k a year, then they'd have to sell 4,000 units a year. Assuming their clients are mainly NA, what do we have during busy times 8k west and 16k east? Then we have 16% of the population using b4it. 

WarPack seems to be a Russian thing, look at their forums home, they have ~14500 registered members, taking a wild stab at that number, lets say 50% of users register and use the forum that gives us 29,000 WarPack users. Some percentage of that number (I won't guess) are NA users so my estimate of 16% usage only increases when adding the WarPack users to the count.

I know these are wild estimates, but even so I think we can say that the usage of these 'mods' in the community is not a trivial number.

So in any given match there would be on average 4.8 players using one of these mods.

Edited by Soulcaller, May 04 2016 - 08:01.

AnArmyofBun #234 Posted May 04 2016 - 08:02

Major

• Players
  • 12004 battles
  • [SUX] SUX

View Postbesieger, on May 03 2016 - 23:52, said:

I still find it funny that people use quickybaby as a yard stick for a good player.

I like Quickybaby. He's dreamy. Y'all are too harsh on him. EU is different than NA server. Also op https://m.youtube.co...h?v=uj1zL_1Rgeo  Find my hacks. Please. 

Battlecruiser #235 Posted May 04 2016 - 09:50

Major

• Players
  • 21391 battles

View Postuberdice, on May 01 2016 - 22:51, said:

> shows one video

> assumes the video is representative of every player in WoT

but it is, I'm even on a list you know.

uberdice #236 Posted May 04 2016 - 10:03

Major

• Players
  • 26507 battles

View PostBattlecruiser, on May 04 2016 - 18:50, said:

but it is, I'm even on a list you know.

We all are.

Rick0_shay #237 Posted May 04 2016 - 11:52

Captain

• -Players-
  • 49 battles

View PostMelric5, on May 04 2016 - 05:24, said:

Here you are claiming bad players wont use illegal mods. Earlier you said you never say this. Please clarify.

Rick0_shay #238 Posted May 04 2016 - 11:53

Captain

• -Players-
  • 49 battles

View Postcharley2222, on May 04 2016 - 05:45, said:

yea i lost a lot of interest

aty using zoom mods vs aty not using mods is the day or night  . but mods not suppose to give any avantage  all  b s just get kill vs the 155 in 2 shot  in the first  1min and  after the same aty kill 2 other player lol . the game have so many weird stuff now  i get spot over 500 meter  and i`m full camo hiding in the grass   and get auto aim from so far and i`m hiding and not shooting , never see that   in the pass only this last 6 month the gameplay is very wierd

How do players play as many games as you and learn so little?

Melric5 #239 Posted May 04 2016 - 12:02

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 5895 battles
Where there is smoke there is fire!!! I was a skeptic of cheating in WoT's. Until i started to hear about some tree down cheat..I was like wow that would give the caller of the other team a huge advantage in Clan wars,detachments and tournaments. I started to look on the net about cheats and the more I looked the more evidence of it is out there. I love this game and continue to play. I however want WoT's to start to fix this ongoing problem. Can we all agree cheats in the game will be the end of it and needs to be addressed now.... not later when its too late!

Rick0_shay #240 Posted May 04 2016 - 12:05

Captain

• -Players-
  • 49 battles

View PostMelric5, on May 04 2016 - 12:02, said:

Where there is smoke there is fire!!! I was a skeptic of cheating in WoT's. Until i started to hear about some tree down cheat..I was like wow that would give the caller of the other team a huge advantage in Clan wars,detachments and tournaments. I started to look on the net about cheats and the more I looked the more evidence of it is out there. I love this game and continue to play. I however want WoT's to start to fix this ongoing problem. Can we all agree cheats in the game will be the end of it and needs to be addressed now.... not later when its too late!

Cheats will never be the end of WOT, but WG is considering some mod changes in the near future.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users