• Please log in to reply
540 replies to this topic

uberdice #501 Posted Oct 23 2016 - 23:45

Major

• Players
  • 26441 battles

View PostRichman, on Oct 24 2016 - 00:11, said:

what ever

Its not rocket science.  you just have to ask around and do a little research.

You say "ask around and do a little research," but what you really mean is "ask the people who believe this, only look at sources that agree with the hypothesis and apply no critical thinking to what you find."

It never occurred to you that someone can just claim to be someone else for billing purposes?

782GearUSMC #502 Posted Oct 24 2016 - 00:14

Major

• Players
  • 27544 battles

I know how we can lay this argument to rest, once and for all time.

Apparently there are some players who positively know that there are none to very few players using cheat mods, or are used but seldom used in majority of games and that the problem is not widespread. 

Inform the rest of us how you know, how you can detect cheats being used or not being used, and show us the source or the method you use to corroborate what you know. Otherwise, the fact that numerous types of cheat mods are available and the weight of visual demonstrations outweigh your "Hail Mary" presumptions. To insist that all others that do not concur with you are wearing tinfoil hats carry no weight.

jdubthegreat #503 Posted Oct 24 2016 - 00:17

Major

• Players
  • 44261 battles

View PostScanjoon, on Oct 23 2016 - 15:14, said:

Apparently there are some players who positively know that there are none to very few players using cheat mods, or are used but seldom used in majority of games and that the problem is not widespread. 

Inform the rest of us how you know, how you can detect cheats being used or not being used, and show us the source or the method you use to corroborate what you know. Otherwise, the fact that numerous types of cheat mods are available and the weight of visual demonstrations outweigh your "Hail Mary" presumptions. To insist that all others that do not concur with you are wearing tinfoil hats carry no weight.

My cheat test is how players perform in battle.  So if they are using those cheat mods... lol.

It's the accusing players' job to provide evidence.  Of which I've seen none besides two youtube videos.

So let's see the evidence.

Edited by jdubthegreat, Oct 24 2016 - 00:20.

782GearUSMC #504 Posted Oct 24 2016 - 00:31

Major

• Players
  • 27544 battles

Block Quote

My cheat test is how players perform in battle.  So if they are using those cheat mods... lol. It's the accusing players' job to provide evidence.  Of which I've seen none

Sorry! Does not fly.

VooDooKobra #505 Posted Oct 24 2016 - 01:59

Major

• Players
  • 9468 battles
  • [MOVE] MOVE

View PostScanjoon, on Oct 23 2016 - 16:14, said:

​the problem is unless you are looking over the guys shoulder or at a stream of his machine it is impossible to know one way or the other if someone is cheating.  looking at videos on youtube with the exception of a couple auto aim ones the vast majority of the cheat videos are not accurate.  Saw ones where they claim to be shot through solid objects but had they watched their own replay they would have seen their copula peeking out or that they were shot from a different direction than their cover was protecting.  i'm not going to be stupid and say that no one cheats because that would be unrealistic.

if you look at the different people who play there are the tank collectors, the streamers, the league players none of these guys would cheat imo because of the financial and time commitment they have on their accounts.  part of the issue as well is there is no uniform decision of what is and is not a legal mod, what is illegal in NA might be legal in EU, or RU so you get people using replays that do not represent NA as evidence of cheating.  my believe and not one I can back up is roughly 1% of the playerbase probably has some questionable mod.

uberdice #506 Posted Oct 24 2016 - 02:19

Major

• Players
  • 26441 battles

View PostScanjoon, on Oct 24 2016 - 09:14, said:

You are asking us to prove a negative, while the evidence to actually support the claim that cheating is rampant consists of a couple of videos and a lot of speculation and misunderstanding of statistics; and frankly, this sort of dishonest debating tactic isn't unexpected from you.

782GearUSMC #507 Posted Oct 24 2016 - 03:28

Major

• Players
  • 27544 battles

Block Quote

You are asking us to prove a negative, while the evidence to actually support the claim that cheating is rampant consists of a couple of videos and a lot of speculation and misunderstanding of statistics; and frankly, this sort of dishonest debating tactic isn't unexpected from you. 

May be rampant, may not be, but obviously cheat mods are being used. How many or how often is required to be rampant? Show us the clear and supported evidence that the use of cheat mods are not rampant.

uberdice #508 Posted Oct 24 2016 - 05:16

Major

• Players
  • 26441 battles

View PostScanjoon, on Oct 24 2016 - 12:28, said:

May be rampant, may not be, but obviously cheat mods are being used. How many or how often is required to be rampant? Show us the clear and supported evidence that the use of cheat mods are not rampant.

Are you really asking people to prove a negative, for a case where you can - and will! - move the goalposts as you please?

There's nothing to be gained from this discussion. What do you actually want to achieve? Do you want to know what WG is doing something to curb the use of these mods, or do you just want to sling mud for no reason?

Hiroe #509 Posted Oct 24 2016 - 05:22

Major

• Players
  • 13615 battles
we still haven't established how we're supposed to tell if someone's using cheats

baymbaym #510 Posted Oct 24 2016 - 05:37

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 24374 battles
People need to understand that none of these mods are illegal in WGs book. Over a year ago, my old clan had to change many of our tactics b/c we constantly went up against other clans using these mods. I won't name any of these clans, but even though we reported them, none of them got banned. It's sad to see a year later that they've done nothing about it :c

Tolos #511 Posted Oct 24 2016 - 08:28

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 25997 battles
  • [GDF] GDF

View Postbaymbaym, on Oct 24 2016 - 04:37, said:

People need to understand that none of these mods are illegal in WGs book. Over a year ago, my old clan had to change many of our tactics b/c we constantly went up against other clans using these mods. I won't name any of these clans, but even though we reported them, none of them got banned. It's sad to see a year later that they've done nothing about it :c

I wonder what clan that was. If its the same one they used it against relic to, so we started deliberately running down trees nowhere near where we was. Worked every time lol.

Nunya_000 #512 Posted Oct 24 2016 - 16:22

Major

• Players
  • 21129 battles
  • [PACNW] PACNW

View PostScanjoon, on Oct 23 2016 - 18:28, said:

Scientifically, things are considered to not exist until they are proven to actually exist.  

So, prove that the use of cheat mods are rampant.

ProfessionalFinn #513 Posted Nov 01 2016 - 20:36

Captain

• -Players-
  • 24970 battles

View Postuberdice, on May 02 2016 - 11:40, said:

You're right: if anyone is better than you, they must be cheating.

No one ever accuses me of cheating.;)

Edited by ProfessionalFinn, Nov 01 2016 - 20:37.

Says #514 Posted Nov 01 2016 - 21:37

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 12170 battles

View PostHiroe, on Oct 24 2016 - 05:22, said:

we still haven't established how we're supposed to tell if someone's using cheats

That's an easy one...when they kill me and it pisses me off..they are cheating.

Markd73 #515 Posted Nov 01 2016 - 21:47

Major

• Players
  • 32573 battles

View PostScanjoon, on Oct 24 2016 - 02:28, said:

You might want to look up the concept of Burden of Proof

https://en.wikipedia...burden_of_proof

It is up to the person(s) making the claim to provide the proof for said claim. You are shifting the burden of proof in your argument above and this is an intellectually dishonest logical fallacy.

Hiroe #516 Posted Nov 01 2016 - 23:35

Major

• Players
  • 13615 battles

View PostSays, on Nov 01 2016 - 16:37, said:

That's an easy one...when they kill me and it pisses me off..they are cheating.

yea that's about it

commander42 #517 Posted Nov 02 2016 - 02:10

Major

• Players
  • 26562 battles
  • [T-R-P] T-R-P

View PostProfessionalFinn, on Nov 01 2016 - 14:36, said:

No one ever accuses me of cheating.;)

ive been accused twice somehow haha

View Postbaymbaym, on Oct 23 2016 - 23:37, said:

there is a difference between them being illegal and WG doing anything to stop them, there have been things that have technically been illegal that WGNA has outright ignored

Holo_ #518 Posted Nov 02 2016 - 02:17

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 1118 battles

View PostHiroe, on Oct 23 2016 - 23:22, said:

they are better than me

They killed me

They win more than I do

Because I know it to be true deep down in my cold, calloused heart!

Right?

Hiroe #519 Posted Nov 02 2016 - 02:25

Major

• Players
  • 13615 battles

View PostHolo_, on Nov 01 2016 - 21:17, said:

they are better than me

They killed me

They win more than I do

Because I know it to be true deep down in my cold, calloused heart!

Right?

indeed

QuicksilverJPR #520 Posted Nov 02 2016 - 15:55

Major

• Players
  • 27313 battles
  • [RPG] RPG

View PostMelric5, on May 01 2016 - 22:35, said:

Watch this video and you will see cheats.. This game is full of cheats ...

https://www.youtube....h?v=ot3NXPYRU4E

WoT needs to fix this [edited]!!!

I play this game to kill the morons that use cheats.  Of course, I have no idea who they are, so I try to kill everyone  :P

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users