• Please log in to reply
540 replies to this topic

Mr__Buttons #521 Posted Nov 02 2016 - 16:02

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 59896 battles
  • [-ZOO-] -ZOO-

View PostScanjoon, on Oct 23 2016 - 18:14, said:

I know how we can lay this argument to rest, once and for all time.

Apparently there are some players who positively know that there are none to very few players using cheat mods, or are used but seldom used in majority of games and that the problem is not widespread. 

Inform the rest of us how you know, how you can detect cheats being used or not being used, and show us the source or the method you use to corroborate what you know. Otherwise, the fact that numerous types of cheat mods are available and the weight of visual demonstrations outweigh your "Hail Mary" presumptions. To insist that all others that do not concur with you are wearing tinfoil hats carry no weight.

You know proving a negative is impossible. How about you prove to us a positive? Show us some replays where you think a player is cheating. If it is as rampant as you suggest, you should be able to provide hundreds of replays.

Bots I see, cheats I do not.

Nunya_000 #522 Posted Nov 02 2016 - 16:12

Major

• Players
  • 21129 battles
  • [PACNW] PACNW

View PostScanjoon, on Oct 23 2016 - 15:14, said:

I know how we can lay this argument to rest, once and for all time.

Apparently there are some players who positively know that there are none to very few players using cheat mods, or are used but seldom used in majority of games and that the problem is not widespread. 

Inform the rest of us how you know, how you can detect cheats being used or not being used, and show us the source or the method you use to corroborate what you know. Otherwise, the fact that numerous types of cheat mods are available and the weight of visual demonstrations outweigh your "Hail Mary" presumptions. To insist that all others that do not concur with you are wearing tinfoil hats carry no weight.

FIFY

SteelRonin #523 Posted Nov 02 2016 - 17:04

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 23451 battles
  • [SAKAI] SAKAI

3 years ago, I believed this game did not have hackers or cheaters....2016 now..and with all those mods....this game has a lot of cheater population.

A cheat is a cheat, it helps you or not, you are cheating. So using the argument "bad players won't be good by using cheat mods" is a way to deny it existance in this game.

I have sent links to wargaming support, in 2 tickets, showing them web pages where cheat mods, hack mods can be downloaded, you can test a trial version for one day, then you have to PAY. WG answered they will investigate. But what I believe?.....WG developed those cheat mods to earn even more money. It is the only reason to explain the lack of information, que lack of action to prevent the crime.

The argument: "you are bad, everyone better than you is a cheater".........Come on!!!, you still believe this game requires SKILL?......everytime I see someone saying you need skill in this game I lose IQ points.....If a guy hits you in the ammo rack 3 times in a row.....he is using cheat mods or his RNG is rigged. You can learn all the weakspots in every tank, but RNG can still say you NOPE when you try to land a shot on the ammo rack......if the enemy damaged your ammo rack 3 times (1, repair kit, 2, then 3) is because there is something extrange....and guess what...that happens a lot in CWs versus the good ones. 

And what do we have here?....fanboys....that have good stats and they belong to good clans too. They put the dust under the carpet when we try to post something about MM rigged or cheat mods.....a question for these fanboys: Do you get pay or free gold from WG to hide their trash?

Yes, cheats won't allow you have a good position in the map....I read that before......most of the CWs results is defined by the position of the 15 players and how they move.....however, that is not a excuse to use cheat mods.

Markd73 #524 Posted Nov 02 2016 - 20:16

Major

• Players
  • 32508 battles

View PostSteelRonin, on Nov 02 2016 - 16:04, said:

3 years ago, I believed this game did not have hackers or cheaters....2016 now..and with all those mods....this game has a lot of cheater population.

A cheat is a cheat, it helps you or not, you are cheating. So using the argument "bad players won't be good by using cheat mods" is a way to deny it existance in this game.

I have sent links to wargaming support, in 2 tickets, showing them web pages where cheat mods, hack mods can be downloaded, you can test a trial version for one day, then you have to PAY. WG answered they will investigate. But what I believe?.....WG developed those cheat mods to earn even more money. It is the only reason to explain the lack of information, que lack of action to prevent the crime.

The argument: "you are bad, everyone better than you is a cheater".........Come on!!!, you still believe this game requires SKILL?......everytime I see someone saying you need skill in this game I lose IQ points.....If a guy hits you in the ammo rack 3 times in a row.....he is using cheat mods or his RNG is rigged. You can learn all the weakspots in every tank, but RNG can still say you NOPE when you try to land a shot on the ammo rack......if the enemy damaged your ammo rack 3 times (1, repair kit, 2, then 3) is because there is something extrange....and guess what...that happens a lot in CWs versus the good ones. 

And what do we have here?....fanboys....that have good stats and they belong to good clans too. They put the dust under the carpet when we try to post something about MM rigged or cheat mods.....a question for these fanboys: Do you get pay or free gold from WG to hide their trash?

Yes, cheats won't allow you have a good position in the map....I read that before......most of the CWs results is defined by the position of the 15 players and how they move.....however, that is not a excuse to use cheat mods.

Really you are resorting to Ad Hominems and shifting the burden of proof?

I am not a "great player" nor do I belong to a "great clan", yet I like many (but not all) of these players would like to see actual evidence to back up these types of claims of rigged MM and cheat mods. 

Let me be clear I am not trolling. I am genuinely am interested in actual evidence (and not anecdotal evidence) for these claims.

I see these types of posts all the time. A poster believes in a set claim "MM is rigged", "Winning is all luck", etc yet I ask for actual evidence to these claims and all I get are logical fallacies as a response.

SteelRonin #525 Posted Nov 02 2016 - 21:32

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 23451 battles
  • [SAKAI] SAKAI

View PostMarkd73, on Nov 02 2016 - 15:16, said:

Really you are resorting to Ad Hominems and shifting the burden of proof?

I am not a "great player" nor do I belong to a "great clan", yet I like many (but not all) of these players would like to see actual evidence to back up these types of claims of rigged MM and cheat mods. 

Let me be clear I am not trolling. I am genuinely am interested in actual evidence (and not anecdotal evidence) for these claims.

I see these types of posts all the time. A poster believes in a set claim "MM is rigged", "Winning is all luck", etc yet I ask for actual evidence to these claims and all I get are logical fallacies as a response.

Did you see the video OP posted?.....you clearly see how a player cheats using mods......Is it posible for the enemy players to notice the guy was using cheat mods? NOPE.......if you are one of the enemy players on the video, can you demostrate the player was using cheats?....NOPE.....perfect scenario right?, like a perfect crime with no evidences.....so how can we see if players are using cheats?.....well....with videos like this one, where players make a new account and install cheat mods to show others how them work........and yes, only a fool will upload a gameplay using cheat mods with his nickname visible......and I tell you something...that does not happen often.....so.....how in the hell we are going to collect evidence if the mods are installed in the player's PC, folders....etc?.......

.....eyes to believe.......I need to stand behind all of them to see them playing vanilla like I do, to believe there are not cheats in this game....

I am not trolling, and I believe mm is rigged and winning is luck......Evidence?.....my own experience and 6 years of observation, MM is not random at all....and winning is about luck.....flip a coin, if it's head you win, if it's tails you lose, that is how it works or it is an example.....why the best players can't reach 99.99% win rate?....because they still lose, why?..they should be the best, right?....because RNG has the ultimate decition....RNG decides if you win or lose, if you penetrate or bounce, if you damage the minimun or the maximun....tell me, is that skill?.

RNG = Rigged Number Generator

Tolos #526 Posted Nov 02 2016 - 21:33

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 25997 battles
  • [GDF] GDF

View PostSteelRonin, on Nov 02 2016 - 20:32, said:

Did you see the video OP posted?.....you clearly see how a player cheats using mods......Is it posible for the enemy players to notice the guy was using cheat mods? NOPE.......if you are one of the enemy players on the video, can you demostrate the player was using cheats?....NOPE.....perfect scenario right?, like a perfect crime with no evidences.....so how can we see if players are using cheats?.....well....with videos like this one, where players make a new account and install cheat mods to show others how them work........and yes, only a fool will upload a gameplay using cheat mods with his nickname visible......and I tell you something...that does not happen often.....so.....how in the hell we are going to collect evidence if the mods are installed in the player's PC, folders....etc?.......

.....eyes to believe.......I need to stand behind all of them to see them playing vanilla like I do, to believe there are not cheats in this game....

I am not trolling, and I believe mm is rigged and winning is luck......Evidence?.....my own experience and 6 years of observation, MM is not random at all....and winning is about luck.....flip a coin, if it's head you win, if it's tails you lose, that is how it works or it is an example.....why the best players can't reach 99.99% win rate?....because they still lose, why?..they should be the best, right?....because RNG has the ultimate decition....RNG decides if you win or lose, if you penetrate or bounce, if you damage the minimun or the maximun....tell me, is that skill?.

RNG = Rigged Number Generator

The tin foil is strong with you my son.

SteelRonin #527 Posted Nov 02 2016 - 21:45

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 23451 battles
  • [SAKAI] SAKAI

View PostTolos, on Nov 02 2016 - 16:33, said:

The tin foil is strong with you my son.

Ufff Tolos, I used that "tin foil" joke 3 years ago, when i believed there were no cheats in this game. But now, 2016....the ones that use a tin foil are those who don't believe what I said above.

Edited by SteelRonin, Nov 03 2016 - 01:18.

Tolos #528 Posted Nov 02 2016 - 22:25

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 25997 battles
  • [GDF] GDF

View PostSteelRonin, on Nov 02 2016 - 20:45, said:

Ufff Tolos, I used that "tin foil" joke 3 years ago, when i believed there were no cheats in this game. But now, 2016....the ones that use a tin foil are those how don't believe what I said above.

I didnt say they wasnt any cheats. Im just laughing at the rigged whine.

VooDooKobra #529 Posted Nov 03 2016 - 01:42

Major

• Players
  • 9411 battles
  • [MOVE] MOVE
on a side note WG is hitting the Russian server hard with cheaters and even disbanding clans that they belong to.  when it happens here I look forward to the storm on the forums

Nunya_000 #530 Posted Nov 03 2016 - 15:08

Major

• Players
  • 21129 battles
  • [PACNW] PACNW

View Postmuddypuddle, on Nov 02 2016 - 21:34, said:

I looked at his stats after game and there were the best I've ever seen,

If the guy had good stats, chances are he has a crew with many skills/perks and plenty of things to maximize his camo  (you did not say what tank he was in).  He also probably knows where to shoot specific tanks to cause fires or ammoracks.  Sure, he could have been cheating, but nothing from the limited info you provided establishes a clear cut case of that.  "Skill" at playing the game is just as feasible as "cheating" is in this case.

Wtornado #531 Posted Nov 03 2016 - 16:48

Captain

• Players
  • 32385 battles

Make a 5$ a month arty free server with random missions.It would be filled to capacity for 5$ a month.

Create another Battle mod like random etc and call it Vanilla battle modand charge another 5$ a month

and release a micro patch once to twice a week and do not announce it.Cheats solved money to be

made will be fill to capacity.

All players will be happy that want cheat free arty free missions WG expenses will be covered problem

solved for just 10 bucks a month.

cloudwalkr #532 Posted Nov 03 2016 - 19:48

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 55955 battles
  • [CLAWS] CLAWS

View PostTalonV, on May 21 2016 - 14:29, said:

Actually it's not illegal. Otherwise it would be code protected, which it isn't.

So again, it's not a hack, since we're not doing unauthorized access to the system. IT'S OPEN SOURCE DATA.

Now how it's being manipulated, that's the cheat. But hacking, did anyone access unauthorized data? Nope.  Once WG makes it code protected and not authorized to access, then you have a hack.

Actually know what you're talking about.

Gomez will never, ever....everrrr know what he's talking about.

Deadeye31 #533 Posted Nov 03 2016 - 20:11

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 19056 battles
  • [11ADR] 11ADR
Who cares anymore? Either use the 'cheats'(mods) or don't. What's the enemy going to do? Complain in all chat? Hahahahaha.

And by the time they get to the forums or general chat or their favorite Twitch channel to gripe, they'll be called tin foil hat wearers and you'd have moved on to farming others for the almighty WN8.

GG.

Gomez_Adams #534 Posted Nov 03 2016 - 20:27

Major

• -Players-
  • 5 battles

View PostMr__Buttons, on Nov 02 2016 - 11:02, said:

You know proving a negative is impossible. How about you prove to us a positive? Show us some replays where you think a player is cheating. If it is as rampant as you suggest, you should be able to provide hundreds of replays.

Bots I see, cheats I do not.

That is the most failed argument ever made on this topic and it's made a lot by people who are simply trolling.

There are PLENTY of replays of illegal mods / cheats giving players huge advantages they shouldn't have. It's illegal to post them here. In fact, it's actually illegal to discuss them here, but once again the moderators see fit to allow the trolling but then clamp down tight on the actual proof when it's posted.

If you can't be bothered to go over to Youtube and look at any one of the thousands of cheat videos available, then you just need to stop posting altogether.

VooDooKobra #535 Posted Nov 04 2016 - 01:39

Major

• Players
  • 9411 battles
  • [MOVE] MOVE

View PostGomez_Adams, on Nov 03 2016 - 12:27, said:

That is the most failed argument ever made on this topic and it's made a lot by people who are simply trolling.

There are PLENTY of replays of illegal mods / cheats giving players huge advantages they shouldn't have. It's illegal to post them here. In fact, it's actually illegal to discuss them here, but once again the moderators see fit to allow the trolling but then clamp down tight on the actual proof when it's posted.

If you can't be bothered to go over to Youtube and look at any one of the thousands of cheat videos available, then you just need to stop posting altogether.

​yes there are plenty with the title of cheat or hack but a vast number of them are not what they are advertised as, going through videos I saw too many where guys complain about shooting through object while somehow missing the fact that the sparks where he got shot was on the opposite side of his cover, or his copula was showing, or something else is showing.    not to mention that I see a lot of reposts of that one from quickybaby showing the autoaim mod.

ladytiger #536 Posted Nov 04 2016 - 03:37

Private

• -Players-
  • 5238 battles
There are definitively people using cheats in game, more than once I have been scrapped through hillsides and through buildings where no shot was possible and no, part of my tank was not exposed. However, I CAN vouch that wargaming does go after and ban cheat users when they can catch them as I knew one fellow that was using cheats in game and had been repeatedly temp banned (5 times) for it, then 6th one was the last one was a permanent ban.

ladytiger #537 Posted Nov 04 2016 - 03:40

Private

• -Players-
  • 5238 battles
I must also add to my previous post as soon as I found out my now former friend was using cheats I deleted any friendship with him and reported him.

VooDooKobra #538 Posted Nov 04 2016 - 04:28

Major

• Players
  • 9411 battles
  • [MOVE] MOVE
now to be fair I have never said that no one ever cheats, with any competitive environment you are going to have those who look for any advantage and some that go to less than ethical means.  but I am also not going to say this game is overrun with cheaters either because I do not believe that to be the case

conan_the_tank #539 Posted Nov 04 2016 - 17:30

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 29472 battles

View PostMelric5, on May 02 2016 - 18:22, said:

Deny Deny reflect and redirect!Toss up more smoke screens!!!

^^ This.  WoT needs smoke screens.  Devs should get right on it.

NeatoMan #540 Posted Nov 05 2016 - 12:14

Major

• Players
  • 27740 battles

View Postladytiger, on Nov 03 2016 - 21:37, said:

There are definitively people using cheats in game, more than once I have been scrapped through hillsides and through buildings where no shot was possible and no, part of my tank was not exposed. However, I CAN vouch that wargaming does go after and ban cheat users when they can catch them as I knew one fellow that was using cheats in game and had been repeatedly temp banned (5 times) for it, then 6th one was the last one was a permanent ban.

There is no cheat that allows you to shoot through terrain.  You can modify terrain all you want with mods, but since calculations are handled server side, you won't be able to shoot through any of it.

Back in the day when I ran a toaster PC, I had to change the terrain mesh size (i.e. make the terrain less detailed) in order to play the game.  This would frequently square off rounded terrain, and make it seem like I had a clear LoS to enemy tanks.  Whenever I fired, the shots would just explode in air as if they were hitting the ground, because the server calculated my shots with the actual terrain in place, even though I had a clear LoS on my end.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users