Why play a game full of cheats?

• Please log in to reply
540 replies to this topic

AnArmyofBun #61 Posted May 02 2016 - 15:36

Major

• Players
  • 11950 battles
  • [SUX] SUX
I have almost 10000 pr and less than 9k games played. Am I a cheater with numerous YouTube videos of some of my best games? Is Bunpak available for download? I was called a cheater last night for bouncing numerous is6 shots in a 1v1 in my almost stock tier 7 heavy. The French one. By the way shockingly fun tank. Try it. 

I've been playing this game for a few years. Honestly I've seen maybe one or two cheaters. Probably using the aim bot because it's strange a turret doesn't jerk or jitter when I juke. Mostly everyone jerks a bit. I can promise I don't lose to an aim bot.

I lose when I do stupid stuff! ..w-which is often. ..Baka.

Redcoat #62 Posted May 02 2016 - 15:38

Captain

• Players
  • 64145 battles

View PostMelric5, on May 02 2016 - 12:44, said:

so you are saying only the bad players spend money on Warpack and other cheats?? I think the bad players dont give a crapabout stats etc..but guess who does??? ding ding the 9k+  Pr players..and the top clan war teams...like I said deny deny deny

Don't you have some 911 conspiracy forum you have to go contribute to?

Melric5 #63 Posted May 02 2016 - 16:35

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 5895 battles

View PostRedcoat, on May 02 2016 - 15:38, said:

Don't you have some 911 conspiracy forum you have to go contribute to?

Did you not see that Anarmyofbun said he was a 10 Pr player and said he has seen some people cheating. Think about it people the top 20 clans have cheaters that destroy the game for pub matches and clan wars. There is way too much incentive for them to not cheat..Also, do you think people cheating will announce it to the world? Nope, they will keep it to them selves and keep winning on the global map, tournaments and tons of gold. The reason for this post was to educate players that there are cheaters out and that WoT needs to stop this.

Rick0_shay #64 Posted May 02 2016 - 16:39

Captain

• -Players-
  • 49 battles

View PostMelric5, on May 02 2016 - 16:35, said:

Did you not see that Anarmyofbun said he was a 10 Pr player and said he has seen some people cheating. Think about it people the top 20 clans have cheaters that destroy the game for pub matches and clan wars. There is way too much incentive for them to not cheat..Also, do you think people cheating will announce it to the world? Nope, they will keep it to them selves and keep winning on the global map, tournaments and tons of gold. The reason for this post was to educate players that there are cheaters out and that WoT needs to stop this.

What about the fact you are well above average for games played?

uberdice #65 Posted May 02 2016 - 16:39

Major

• Players
  • 26417 battles

View PostMelric5, on May 03 2016 - 01:35, said:

A lot of those players you're accusing of cheating regularly play in competitive formats that don't even let them run cosmetic mods.

Rick0_shay #66 Posted May 02 2016 - 16:39

Captain

• -Players-
  • 49 battles

View Postuberdice, on May 02 2016 - 16:39, said:

A lot of those players you're accusing of cheating regularly play in competitive formats that don't even let them run cosmetic mods.

Never let the truth get in the way.

Melric5 #67 Posted May 02 2016 - 16:43

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 5895 battles

View Postuberdice, on May 02 2016 - 16:39, said:

View PostRick0_shay, on May 02 2016 - 16:39, said:

Never let the truth get in the way.

Why are you two defending the users of illegal cheat mods?? I smell a fox in the hen house!!!

Melric5 #68 Posted May 02 2016 - 16:45

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 5895 battles

View Post_Tsavo_, on May 02 2016 - 16:43, said:

She said 1 or 2, that's hardly an epidemic.

Stop putting your head in the sand. Stop hiding in the corner wishing the bad man will go away.

Tolos #69 Posted May 02 2016 - 16:46

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 25997 battles
  • [GDF] GDF

View PostMelric5, on May 02 2016 - 15:43, said:

Why are you two defending the users of illegal cheat mods?? I smell a fox in the hen house!!!

I smell something also but its more bovine related...

uberdice #70 Posted May 02 2016 - 16:56

Major

• Players
  • 26417 battles

View PostMelric5, on May 03 2016 - 01:43, said:

First, you're going to have to prove that those top players are, in fact, cheating. Calling someone a cheater does not make it so.

Go ahead, we'll wait.

DiePanzerGeist #71 Posted May 02 2016 - 16:57

Major

• -Players-
  • 7211 battles
  • [DHO6] DHO6

View Postuberdice, on May 02 2016 - 10:56, said:

First, you're going to have to prove that those top players are, in fact, cheating.

Go ahead, we'll wait.

...and wait, and wait, and wait, and wait... :sceptic:

AnArmyofBun #72 Posted May 02 2016 - 17:07

Major

• Players
  • 11950 battles
  • [SUX] SUX

View PostMelric5, on May 02 2016 - 10:35, said:

Honestly it really hasn't been any big thing and I've played a total of two clan wars matches.  *All* of my battles are pub.  Platoon and solo.  I've never been like AMAGHDD THAT GUY IS CHEEEATING!!!!!  It's never been a problem.  Probably because the majority of these "hack packs" are trojan's.  Most people aren't going to pay to cheat in world of tanks.  This isn't CSGO..I still don't understand why people cheat in CSGO.  Honest to goodness I don't really have any knowledge of running into people I couldn't kill because they blatantly hacked.  Most people if they DO use this and know I'm coming?  It won't help them because I'll physically spot them first, dodge their shells, bounce their shells, use terrain to avoid their shells.  If they can't shoot me, they can't shoot me.  Which is my objective.  I fire, you don't. 

The questionable things ive run into could have just been auto aim, honestly it's hard for me to tell.  When I die, it's 99% my fault.

View Post_Tsavo_, on May 02 2016 - 10:43, said:

She said 1 or 2, that's hardly an epidemic.

in my 30,000 games, I've encountered only a handful of "iffy" scenarios.  

Seriously, one video that netted mediocre results using cheats and everyone cries the sky is falling.  Or you can stand on your soap box and holler, I won't stop you, but you don't like very bright doing so.

^ This.

Sensei_101 #73 Posted May 02 2016 - 17:21

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 19109 battles

Cheating is all part of WoT and for some (many?) it just wouldn't be fun anymore.

I understand that the recent Match Rigging isn't the first time WoT overlooked such shenanigans so it's just a question of which method of cheating is acceptable. 

Thumbs up to Rigging and thumbs down to Aimbots then? Or Aimbots are okay dokey if certain clans were to use them but X-Ray vision is a no go?

Why worry about the integrity of players when WG doesn't worry about minor things like rigging matches? It's pretty much open season to get over in any way you possibly can.

Or, you can just sit back and enjoy playing because it is what is and not worry about it.

(Full disclosure I use Quickybaby's mod pack so I'm not as pure as some)

PlasmaDogPlasma #74 Posted May 02 2016 - 17:27

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 33409 battles

View PostIronclad455, on May 02 2016 - 09:24, said:

There are lots of cheat mods being used, and more so every day.  From tank hit skins to enemy load timers to terrain damage indicators to auto aim modifications (from auto aim behind obstacles all the way to the newest auto aim + that locks on and leads any tank within view range).

Are the bolded even illegal on the NA server? 

Deputy276 #75 Posted May 02 2016 - 17:33

Major

• Players
  • 19942 battles
  • [3_NZ] 3_NZ

View Post3RiversRegt, on May 01 2016 - 22:38, said:

Best exemple for a cheater is that guy (mNEs_ganaa) who does have a T-22 MED and did not even have a tier 10 game played..... :)

Not even 300 game in a tier 9 when I report him...

It's been 2 weeks and he still has is T-22 MED and he is still playing every day....

WARGAIMING ENCOURAGE CHEATER TO PLAY THE GAME... WHAT WARGAIMING IS MISSING is the cheater don't put money in the game.... because WARGAIMING give opportunity to make gold with the clan war battles where cheaters are always on top of the game.

Average players are those who times to times pay for premium account and times to times purchase premium vehicles.

I don't play tier 10 games anymore.... to many cheater playes... play tier 9 and 10 just to finish the line and move on....

5 to 8 are the most fun to play and that's what I mostly play.

Newsflash....you can get that tank on E-Bay LEGALLY without playing one tier 10 game. Costs $350. If people want to spend that kind of cash for that tank, and many have, that's their choice. But not every T-22 owner cheated to get it. They simply found ways around the requirements. Like cold, hard, CASH. :teethhappy:

Tolos #76 Posted May 02 2016 - 17:34

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 25997 battles
  • [GDF] GDF

View PostPlasmaDogPlasma, on May 02 2016 - 16:27, said:

Are the bolded even illegal on the NA server? 

Normal hit skins are legal, 3D ones arnt. I'm not sure about the reload timers to be honest.

Rick0_shay #77 Posted May 02 2016 - 17:35

Captain

• -Players-
  • 49 battles

View PostMelric5, on May 02 2016 - 16:43, said:

You mistake being mocked for defending cheating. Again I ask how a person can be so above average after so few games like you are and not be a cheater?

Deputy276 #78 Posted May 02 2016 - 17:46

Major

• Players
  • 19942 battles
  • [3_NZ] 3_NZ

View Post_Tsavo_, on May 02 2016 - 10:35, said:

mod users (legal ones) are just as pure of a player as vanilla players.  If you weren't supposed to use mods, there'd be no res_mods folder

Exactly! I find it highly amusing that the mod-hack of yesterday will be the "feature" of the next patch. As to WG policing hacks more carefully...maybe in clan games or tournaments. But highly unlikely in pub matches. They simply don't have, and won't PAY, the required number of staff to vigilantly police the game. Not only that, but the simple fact is many of the mod packs have "illegal" mods in them, and most players don't even know any more which ones are legal and which ones aren't. They just look and think "wow, it would be cool to have that" and POOF...it's installed. The "mods" I use are skins to change the looks of the M46 KR, Mutz, and Centurion 1 to something less obnoxious or more realistic. Gonna take away that ability too? Also, why would it make any difference what server you are on? Shouldn't the rules apply to ALL servers? LOL...good luck with that. :teethhappy:

The kiddies need to wake up and smell the roses. Cheating is a part of life. Part of the real world. Your parents probably pay an accountant to take every loophole they can find to get out of paying taxes. Is that "cheating". Could be, if the loopholes are illegal. But what if that loophole gives you a C-Note to spend on WOT? Gonna tell Dad "no thanks, you cheated to get that money" and refuse to take it? HA! I doubt it.

Edited by Deputy276, May 02 2016 - 18:00.

AMSRocker #79 Posted May 02 2016 - 17:53

Major

• Players
  • 39060 battles
  • [SPRAY] SPRAY

View PostKamahl1234, on May 01 2016 - 19:47, said:

Well, it seems WG is on the path to integrate most popular mods, and potentially locking down the client from most mod use. So likely skins/models still will be a thing, but function mods could be removed.

This isn't something to expect to be done in a single patch or two. It could take 1-2 years to get done.

That said, I'm not sure a mod which "aims for the weakest armor" is shown off well with a high-pen tank like the Tetrarch. Most tanks it sees, especially in that match are pretty easy pens. Video would have more effect with a lower pen tank being used as an example. 

Nor is this type of cheating near as prevalent as people seem to think it is. Especially if a player invests a ton of time/money into the game, as a ban for those mods is most often permanent. 

I hope you are right! I play a vanilla game. I will not run mods. Yes I know that I can run some but I prefer to play a clean game and not risk my account getting shut down for using a mod that I thought was ok only to find out that it was on the bad boy list. 

If this is true I'm all for it! level the playing field!!!

Deputy276 #80 Posted May 02 2016 - 18:01

Major

• Players
  • 19942 battles
  • [3_NZ] 3_NZ

View PostAMSRocker, on May 02 2016 - 10:53, said:

I hope you are right! I play a vanilla game. I will not run mods. Yes I know that I can run some but I prefer to play a clean game and not risk my account getting shut down for using a mod that I thought was ok only to find out that it was on the bad boy list. 

If this is true I'm all for it! level the playing field!!!

They won't do that. At most, they will send you a warning. They aren't going to start banning people's accounts because that would take away revenue. In all things, always follow the money trail. ;)

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users