Jump to content


Players' Guide to the Cromwell B


  • Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Content_WG #1 Posted May 07 2016 - 16:11

    Wargaming America

  • Administrator
  • 0 battles
  • 3,238
  • Member since:
    01-17-2011
Destroy everything in your path with this magnificent medium tank!

Full news text

power_Donky #2 Posted May 07 2016 - 17:28

    Major

  • Players
  • 25754 battles
  • 3,040
  • [HAVOK] HAVOK
  • Member since:
    11-06-2013
Please give us more prems like this, not like the other junk you've been putting in the shop lately and had to buff afterward. Tanks this good will bring in a lot more revenue than a crappy Lowe. Also, you might as well sell the type 59 again, you've nerfed it to a point where it's pretty much on par with the t54 mod 1 and would be better than the t34-3, making it perfectly balanced for today's meta.

Theaty #3 Posted May 08 2016 - 02:35

    Captain

  • Players
  • 33287 battles
  • 1,732
  • Member since:
    07-05-2011

View Postpower_Donky, on May 07 2016 - 16:28, said:

Please give us more prems like this, not like the other junk you've been putting in the shop lately and had to buff afterward. Tanks this good will bring in a lot more revenue than a crappy Lowe. Also, you might as well sell the type 59 again, you've nerfed it to a point where it's pretty much on par with the t54 mod 1 and would be better than the t34-3, making it perfectly balanced for today's meta.

 

Well they dont want pref mm tier 8s no more so idk how implementing type 59 would be going with the business "plan" ...

Rumbleghost #4 Posted May 09 2016 - 06:02

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 64260 battles
  • 259
  • [BE] BE
  • Member since:
    12-18-2011

<Yawn>  I've been gone for 5 days.  Are we Pay To Win yet?



Gundam_Vance #5 Posted May 09 2016 - 15:33

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 26093 battles
  • 375
  • [_AKA_] _AKA_
  • Member since:
    04-10-2016
I was going to buy Cromwell B if they didn't include useless things as a package and sell it for $20 the original price of tank. Players already complained about this but WG still doesn't give a ..uck

BigJohnsonLogan #6 Posted May 10 2016 - 00:23

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 32633 battles
  • 182
  • Member since:
    06-21-2013

View PostPunisher_Pro, on May 09 2016 - 09:33, said:

I was going to buy Cromwell B if they didn't include useless things as a package and sell it for $20 the original price of tank. Players already complained about this but WG still doesn't give a ..uck

 

They want $35 for a Tier 6 premium medium tank ? Seriously ?? Do they realize you can buy a Tier 8 premium medium tank for the same price and make more credits per match ?!

Edited by BigJohnsonLogan, May 10 2016 - 00:29.


KCTheCat #7 Posted May 11 2016 - 19:48

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 10967 battles
  • 119
  • Member since:
    10-05-2015

View PostBigJohnsonLogan, on May 09 2016 - 18:23, said:

 

They want $35 for a Tier 6 premium medium tank ? Seriously ?? Do they realize you can buy a Tier 8 premium medium tank for the same price and make more credits per match ?!

 

In their defense, this and the Rudy are actually really good tanks and are about equal to the actual elited tech tree versions. I can kinda see why they have a premium price tag attached to them. Hell, I paid more for my panther 8,8 and my M4A1 Rev., and those things are complete turds in comparison (although I do still enjoy them).

Edited by KCTheCat, May 11 2016 - 19:49.


Finnegan_Gromyko #8 Posted May 11 2016 - 23:48

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 14098 battles
  • 574
  • [DHO-X] DHO-X
  • Member since:
    10-05-2015

View PostPunisher_Pro, on May 09 2016 - 15:33, said:

I was going to buy Cromwell B if they didn't include useless things as a package and sell it for $20 the original price of tank. Players already complained about this but WG still doesn't give a ..uck

 

I don't agree on that one. The Cromwell B comes with a crew including BIA, plus a bucket load of gold. The Bromwell crew is just like the female crews, and get BIA as a zero skill, so the next skill is acquired as if it was the first skill. In other words, a lot faster. This doesn't sound that important, but when you add the premium bonus for XP, this crew acquires skills at an amazing rate. I'm already most of the way through my fourth skill. My other point is that the Bromwell suffers a lot from poor gun-handling, so BIA plus adding snapshot and smooth ride as your 'first skill' turns this into a real monster very quickly. I had zero experience with medium tanks before getting the Bromwell, and I'm already at 53 per cent win rate with it, which I think shows the quality of the tank.

What I really hate is paying money for buying a lousy tank, so I agree with KCTheCat; I'd rather pay more for a great premium tank with amped up crew skills, then pay less for a 'turd'. A cheap turd is still a turd, which is another way of saying you get what you pay for.

Cromwells are not for everyone. One of my platoon mates really struggles with his, but if you like that fast flanking style of play, the Cromwell is one of the best tanks in the game at tier. 

 



KCTheCat #9 Posted May 12 2016 - 00:21

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 10967 battles
  • 119
  • Member since:
    10-05-2015

View PostFinnegan_Gromyko, on May 11 2016 - 17:48, said:

My other point is that the Bromwell suffers a lot from poor gun-handling, so BIA plus adding snapshot and smooth ride as your 'first skill' turns this into a real monster very quickly.

Cromwells are not for everyone. One of my platoon mates really struggles with his, but if you like that fast flanking style of play, the Cromwell is one of the best tanks in the game at tier. 

 

 

One thing to keep in mind with the Bromwell as well: the gun handling is worse, but the hull traverse and ground resistances are waaaay better than the normal Cromwell. That boost to mobility makes an already great flanker even better. The Rudy is similar, although it's drawbacks are more severe: arguably better gun handling (dispersion on hull traverse is the only stat that's worse), but you pay a price with mobility and the fact that just about anything can set you on fire with one shot.



BigJohnsonLogan #10 Posted May 13 2016 - 00:50

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 32633 battles
  • 182
  • Member since:
    06-21-2013

View PostKCTheCat, on May 11 2016 - 13:48, said:

 

In their defense, this and the Rudy are actually really good tanks and are about equal to the actual elited tech tree versions. I can kinda see why they have a premium price tag attached to them. Hell, I paid more for my panther 8,8 and my M4A1 Rev., and those things are complete turds in comparison (although I do still enjoy them).

 

The quality of one tank over another is not suppose to be the basis of cost, the Tier of the Premium vehicle should really be the only factor. I find the variation in price between premium vehicles of the same Tier rather pointless. A simple cost system would be fine like $5 for Tier 3, $10 for Tier 5, $15 for Tier 6, $20 for Tier 7, $30 for Tier 8 Mediums, $50 for Tier 8 Heavy. To me the pennies simply do not matter.

Riptide109 #11 Posted May 13 2016 - 02:44

    Major

  • Players
  • 11378 battles
  • 4,036
  • Member since:
    11-11-2013
Now, if they could only buff the regular Cromwell to the Bromwell mobility stats, I'd be happy.

KCTheCat #12 Posted May 13 2016 - 04:38

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 10967 battles
  • 119
  • Member since:
    10-05-2015

View PostBigJohnsonLogan, on May 12 2016 - 18:50, said:

 

The quality of one tank over another is not suppose to be the basis of cost, the Tier of the Premium vehicle should really be the only factor. I find the variation in price between premium vehicles of the same Tier rather pointless. A simple cost system would be fine like $5 for Tier 3, $10 for Tier 5, $15 for Tier 6, $20 for Tier 7, $30 for Tier 8 Mediums, $50 for Tier 8 Heavy. To me the pennies simply do not matter.

 

Says who, exactly? WG established precedent with the Panther 8,8, which had to have its price reduced specifically because of its performance. The Super Pershing ran into similar issues when it was nerfed and they had to offer refunds. The issue with having strict prices for premiums based on tier and class is that all premiums aren't created equal. And honestly if you sit down and do the math, the Bromwell and Rudy don't cost more due to their performance: you're getting gold and a special crew with them, that's why they cost extra (they're also somewhat rare, although the Rudy has been on sale a number of times lately). The fact that they're outright good premiums just helps to justify buying a bundle that you may or may not really want.

 

WG does actually generally do a good job with keeping premium prices consistent, but they do occasionally factor in rarity and performance when setting the price of something, and that's not always a bad thing.


Edited by KCTheCat, May 13 2016 - 04:39.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users