Wtf, invisible tanks?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

CrabCow #1 Posted Jul 22 2011 - 08:46

Sergeant

• Players
  • 9638 battles
Help! I'll keep this plea to a small extent of background and short-to-the-point.

I'm CrabCow and recently, my younger brother downloaded a nasty, and I mean, NASTY virus that involved a hard-drive wipe.

We did the wipe, I re-downloaded the game client, got the latest edition, and when I went to battle, tore my hair out at my problem.

My allied and enemy tanks disappear. Allow me to explain. As I went to battle, everything loads perfectly, but right in front of me, all but the tank model and, to my extent of knowledge, only the tank model disappears. Every tank, no matter what. Before you give an answer, I should say I've already looked into texture compression, but to no use.

My ping is usually around 70-100, and I am able to give my specs, which are MORE than enough by a mile or 500, if it helps you guys.

Please! I need a swift reply because I really want to finish my frickin' grind to the Hummel and Easy 8 soon!

Cenotaph #2 Posted Jul 22 2011 - 08:55

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 9342 battles
  • [DREAM] DREAM
I assume the hard drive wipe was followed by a reinstall of your OS...

Have you updated all your drivers and such since then?

CrabCow #3 Posted Jul 22 2011 - 09:00

Sergeant

• Players
  • 9638 battles

View PostCenotaph, on Jul 22 2011 - 08:55, said:

I assume the hard drive wipe was followed by a reinstall of your OS...

Have you updated all your drivers and such since then?

I do believe they were updated. Every other game runs flawlessly, Command and Conquer, maxxed out games such as WoW. I'm completely baffled, so I may try fiddling with graphics settings, not sure why they are not doing any good.

Edit: For an odd reason, it completely crashed my computer for no reason mid-battle. Joy. At least the repair bill is going to be from the Sherman and not the other tanks I own.

xcanukx #4 Posted Jul 22 2011 - 09:09

Corporal

• Players
  • 4064 battles
Have you tried different drivers for your video card?

Zero_Requiem #5 Posted Jul 22 2011 - 09:10

Sergeant

• Players
  • 10834 battles
Yes this has happened many times to others playing, most of the time it fixes itself when you exit WOT and works fine when reloaded. A screenshot would be nice if you could add?

CrabCow #6 Posted Jul 22 2011 - 09:18

Sergeant

• Players
  • 9638 battles

View PostZero_Requiem, on Jul 22 2011 - 09:10, said:

Yes this has happened many times to others playing, most of the time it fixes itself when you exit WOT and works fine when reloaded. A screenshot would be nice if you could add?

Thank you. When i went to get a screenshot, i played an entire match without error, but my graphics didn't update, so it had to be a computer issue.

Thanks for all the swift replies! Now I can order my gold and get my Hummel!

alluvian567 #7 Posted Jul 27 2011 - 06:33

Private

• Players
  • 178 battles
This same thing is happening to me, here are some more details on my issue.

1) I can see all friendly tanks fine during the 20 second or so countdown to the match starting.
2) The instant the counter reaches 0 and the cannon UI comes up, all tanks vanish.
3) I can still see the tread marks moving around, but no tank models (which loaded fine since they were there during the countdown)
4) I can see the red outline when I move my targeting over an enemy tank, but there is nothing inside the outline.

Have to say this game has given me a REALLY bad fist impression.  Cannot register my email address, no tutorial at all, invisible tanks, then in my second game after restarting my computer locked up after I fired once.  Had to reboot.

Nvidia 9600GTX latest drivers according to windows 7 updater

Tried turning off texture compression, changing level of detail, and texture detail with no success.  Only played the two games, not much reason to continue playing really.

Crossfire_187th #8 Posted Jul 31 2011 - 05:57

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 22612 battles
  • [SP] SP
Hello

In two or three match games, I'm starting to notice about this performance gaming in related to "invisible tank" or no visual after tank (B side) fired while I was being hits (more than one shot)...

I was in T29, I parked in front of the "brushes/small trees" that were enough covered entirely my heavy tank. When I saw the red icons appearing on the map, I got no visual where they were. Suddenly I got hits and I could not return fire because of no visuals. Until I was KIA, it appeared. WTH? That B's tank was parked at the edge-corner of the house about 250m while I was on the hill with great view in distance between my parked tank and some houses (where the B's tank located). I should have been more advantages than B's tank. How the heck this tank found me while I was hidden behind the full size brushes covering my T29. Dev team, could you explain this situation?  :huh:  

Again, I was in KV-2 with 107mm after engaged TD. I was the last tank. I was trying to run and to hide for my next ambush position. I was being hits by 2 arty and invisible TD. I was looking for that TD, but it did not appear on both map and visual range (view range). That invisible TD should giving away his position after he fired his gun. Again, Dev team, could you explain why the invisible tank did not appear after the main gun fired?  :blink:

Thanks

amodera #9 Posted Jul 31 2011 - 14:23

Private

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
I want to report the same problem like Crossfire_187th I see to many times tanks or td who appear and disapear in front of me.........and after that distroing me.I have a good radio in each of my vehicle.Espect answer.(sorry for my bad english)

unknow2006 #10 Posted Jul 31 2011 - 15:03

Corporal

• Players
  • 19992 battles
If you are using the win7 defaul drivers thats your issue, it works on some games but not others, go to nvidia.com and download the latest driver from them, or from your card manufacturer, also install DX9 might be some components missing.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users